Lebron to...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Lebron to...

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 am

What would be hilarious is...LeBron announces Heat tonight, everyone else makes their moves, Heat end up telling him "thanks, but we need more complementary pieces for Wade and Bosh."

I know it won't happen, but it would be like Christmas in July if it did.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 am

Would you put it past LeBron to have his team spread the "to the Heat" buzz so he can go on TV and announce that he's staying in Cleveland in order to make himself look like a big hero?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Would you put it past LeBron to have his team spread the "to the Heat" buzz so he can go on TV and announce that he's staying in Cleveland in order to make himself look like a big hero?

No.

Also, now LeBron is on twitter soliciting questions for tonight's show. I suggest:

"Did your gaping vagina just appear suddenly, or slowly grow over time?"
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:49 am

Having a one hour special on ESPN to announce where you're playing basketball is the most egotistical thing ever.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby angryty on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
angryty {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Holy crap... if he announces the Knicks, he will be the most hated person in sports... a Tiger-like popularity fall without all the fun.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... sion070710

That is idiotic. The Knicks are a sad-sack franchise that haven't been relevant since the Spurs put them to sleep in the finals a decade ago and hasn't won a title since before you were born. Due to their sheer ineptness, the Knicks are probably the least hateable New York franchise in sports. I would think picking Miami--not good enough to win on your own, eh LBJ, need Dwayne to hold your hand--or Chicago--can't build your own legacy, you have to steal it from MJ--would be far more unpopular moves in the general scheme of things.

I understand that there are always going to be losers from third-rate cities who hate everything about the Apex of Human Existence, but aside from that collection of shut-ins, Clevelanders, Bostonians (who really just comprise a large section of the first grouping) and losers from New Jersey who try to make up for their sad upbringing in Bergen County by pulling for fake teams like the Nets and Devils and hating all things New York City-related, this will not be controversial at all. It was the smart play. Especially, if as reported, Melo wants to come to MSG next year at a discount.

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-jame ... cocksucker
It's just the tip of the iceberg. Personally, I hope he comes to one of the NY teams. I don't care that his career and legacy will be ruined and he will be universally hated.

You see... I live here in the greatest city on Earth. I don't have to feign allegiance because I was raised in not-quite-Connecticut and took the Metro North in high school to get plastered off of two beers at Bear Bar or Ski Bear. I don't have to have walk around some second-rate "city" which is really no more than a half-way house for derelicts, homeless, career criminals, rapists and politicians with my interlocking NY hat to reaffirm my allegiance.

You are mistaking me for one of your boyfriends. I was a NYC resident for over a decade and will likely be a NYC resident again if my normally brilliant business maneuvres hold true to form. And, upon my return, I will not leach off my fellow NYC denizens by abusing the rent control system and retreating to the wannabe Hamptons on the weekends to wander around the excrable greater Monmouth shore area. Your Toughchester envy is showing and it is sad. Please enjoy the oily, greasy crowds of tatooed Hudson County scum this summer. You will find me sitting on the veranda of my new Bolton Landing abode, my manicured lawn stretching down to a lovely private beach on the scenic Northwest Bay.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:26 am

B&T from NJ vs. B&T from Westchester.

:slapfight

Yawn.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 am

I prefer taking advantage of wormholes and spending my summers in the M83 galaxy. And let me tell you, that place is WAY cooler than NYC. You don't even know.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 am

Lebron to……announce a 2 week mini-series of his off-season training regimen and life outside basketball culminating with his decision to “be like Mike” and retire from basketball at the “top” of his game :popcorn :bored
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:59 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The MLB is the only pro sports league whose offseason is more interesting than the actual games.

Fixed.

MLB is second to the NBA, but it is a distant second. First, MLB rosters are too large and the season is too long for any one player to mean that much to a team's ceiling. Second, the lack of a salary cap takes a lot of the drama out of the MLB free agency. Whenever an MLB superstar hits the open market, it's the same 5-6 teams bidding for him. That is predictable and boring.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:16 pm

I am not a NYC hater nor am I a Knicks hater, but I must say that one of the most annoying aspects of the Lebronmageddon (Lebroncalypse?) is new Yorkers constantly telling everyone how Lebron needs to end up in NYC if he wants to get any kind of endorsements or media attention, as if playing in Cleveland has left him in obscurity. We are talking about a guy who is getting an hour of primetime on ESPN to fellate himself but he needs to go to NYC in order to get publicity?

It would make sense if there were no such thing as the Internet and there was only one televised game a week like 40 years ago.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Only titles won by New York teams count. You should know that already. I actually feel bad for Knicks fans. They're literally never going to see a good team ever again once LeBron chooses Miami. And their 2 biggest "rivals", the Celtics and Heat, will continue to own them for the forseeable future.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angryty {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Holy crap... if he announces the Knicks, he will be the most hated person in sports... a Tiger-like popularity fall without all the fun.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... sion070710

That is idiotic. The Knicks are a sad-sack franchise that haven't been relevant since the Spurs put them to sleep in the finals a decade ago and hasn't won a title since before you were born. Due to their sheer ineptness, the Knicks are probably the least hateable New York franchise in sports. I would think picking Miami--not good enough to win on your own, eh LBJ, need Dwayne to hold your hand--or Chicago--can't build your own legacy, you have to steal it from MJ--would be far more unpopular moves in the general scheme of things.

I understand that there are always going to be losers from third-rate cities who hate everything about the Apex of Human Existence, but aside from that collection of shut-ins, Clevelanders, Bostonians (who really just comprise a large section of the first grouping) and losers from New Jersey who try to make up for their sad upbringing in Bergen County by pulling for fake teams like the Nets and Devils and hating all things New York City-related, this will not be controversial at all. It was the smart play. Especially, if as reported, Melo wants to come to MSG next year at a discount.

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-jame ... cocksucker
It's just the tip of the iceberg. Personally, I hope he comes to one of the NY teams. I don't care that his career and legacy will be ruined and he will be universally hated.

You see... I live here in the greatest city on Earth. I don't have to feign allegiance because I was raised in not-quite-Connecticut and took the Metro North in high school to get plastered off of two beers at Bear Bar or Ski Bear. I don't have to have walk around some second-rate "city" which is really no more than a half-way house for derelicts, homeless, career criminals, rapists and politicians with my interlocking NY hat to reaffirm my allegiance.

You are mistaking me for one of your boyfriends. I was a NYC resident for over a decade and will likely be a NYC resident again if my normally brilliant business maneuvres hold true to form. And, upon my return, I will not leach off my fellow NYC denizens by abusing the rent control system and retreating to the wannabe Hamptons on the weekends to wander around the excrable greater Monmouth shore area. Your Toughchester envy is showing and it is sad. Please enjoy the oily, greasy crowds of tatooed Hudson County scum this summer. You will find me sitting on the veranda of my new Bolton Landing abode, my manicured lawn stretching down to a lovely private beach on the scenic Northwest Bay.

Bolton Landing is lovely this time of year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 pm

I'd like to point out that I said LeBron to the Heat with the other two like a month ago. Just sayin', case it comes true.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The MLB is the only pro sports league whose offseason is more interesting than the actual games.

Fixed.

MLB is second to the NBA, but it is a distant second. First, MLB rosters are too large and the season is too long for any one player to mean that much to a team's ceiling. Second, the lack of a salary cap takes a lot of the drama out of the MLB free agency. Whenever an MLB superstar hits the open market, it's the same 5-6 teams bidding for him. That is predictable and boring.

It is still more exciting than the games.

I'm guess those 5-6 teams are the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Yankees, and the Yankees?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to point out that I said LeBron to the Heat with the other two like a month ago. Just sayin', case it comes true.

I had LeBron to the Bulls. I should have known that someone dumb enough to have a retard 25 year-old University of Akron graduate named Maverick as his primary business manager wouldn't make the right decision.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:19 pm

I agree Lebron has a huge ego issue. I used to root for Lebron in Cleveland hoping he could bring a much deserved city a title with all the fans behind him but now knowing that he will probably go to Miami I think it is going to be tough to cut the area he grew up in loose. I think I will pull a Skip Bayless and cheer against Lebron if he decides to go anywhere but Cleveland.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: GO TO LAS VEGAS AND LOAD THE KNICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!

branchinator wrote:
I don't see how LeBron could factor in everything, look at all his options, and choose a city other than Chicago.

by twballgame9 on Mon May 24, 2010 4:47 pm:

The only thing Chicago has is the best overall talent - i.e. depth - other than the Clippers. Though there is no sidekick. Chicago is Cleveland all over again, with the failure magnified slightly (although Chicago fans are pansies). Miami and New York kill Chicago on the intangibles, and New York will sign Bosh while Miami would keep Wade.

Miami is a no-brainer. Best weather, best intangibles, best sidekick, and supporting talent that is only slightly behind Chicago or LAC.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Re: GO TO LAS VEGAS AND LOAD THE KNICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!

branchinator wrote:
I don't see how LeBron could factor in everything, look at all his options, and choose a city other than Chicago.

by twballgame9 on Mon May 24, 2010 4:47 pm:

The only thing Chicago has is the best overall talent - i.e. depth - other than the Clippers. Though there is no sidekick. Chicago is Cleveland all over again, with the failure magnified slightly (although Chicago fans are pansies). Miami and New York kill Chicago on the intangibles, and New York will sign Bosh while Miami would keep Wade.

Miami is a no-brainer. Best weather, best intangibles, best sidekick, and supporting talent that is only slightly behind Chicago or LAC.

I thought lolbroncat's prediction was more impressive.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby westwoodeagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 pm

LeBron stays in Cleveland and everything was just a big show to have everyone in Cleveland continue to fawn all over him. Book it. He'll phrase it as "At the end of the day, my heart will always be in Cleveland." Bullshit. He's just too much of a pussy to leave the comfortable lifestyle he has with everyone coddling him like they always have since he was 14.
westwoodeagle
n00b

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 pm

westwoodeagle {l Wrote}:LeBron stays in Cleveland and everything was just a big show to have everyone in Cleveland continue to fawn all over him. Book it. He'll phrase it as "At the end of the day, my heart will always be in Cleveland." Bullshit. He's just too much of a pussy to leave the comfortable lifestyle he has with everyone coddling him like they always have since he was 14.

While this is a possibility, are you predicting this? Sports experts think its a long-shot which makes it impressive if he decides to stay home and shock the world. I personally think it would be really cool with all the hype around Miami.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:49 pm

I don't know why you people don't listen to lolbroncat.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Bill Simmons:

Totally fine with LBJ switching teams. But doing that to Cleveland via a one-hour TV show was absolutely brutal. An unprecedented Eff You.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Bill Simmons:

Totally fine with LBJ switching teams. But doing that to Cleveland via a one-hour TV show was absolutely brutal. An unprecedented Eff You.

The Cavs did absolutely nothing to surround LeBron with even decent talent, utlimately that was the problem. Incompetant management.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The Cavs did absolutely nothing to surround LeBron with even decent talent, utlimately that was the problem. Incompetant management.

That point has some validity, but Lebron has some culpability too. By signing a short deal last time, he made it a hell of a lot more difficult to attract top-flight talent. Plus, it's my understanding that he was a motivating force on many of the great moves they made...for example, Mo Williams and Shaq.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That point has some validity, but Lebron has some culpability too. By signing a short deal last time, he made it a hell of a lot more difficult to attract top-flight talent. Plus, it's my understanding that he was a motivating force on many of the great moves they made...for example, Mo Williams and Shaq.

Cleveland made a series of panic moves instead of holding out for the right move.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 pm

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

HOLY FUCK. While it's entertaining to read, that's one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:48 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

HOLY FUCK. While it's entertaining to read, that's one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen.

Is he allowed to say that?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

I'm shocked, expect Stern and Co. to sort this one out. Dude needs to dry his tears and remember that he has to be above that level. It reads like a Youtube commenter wrote it.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

I'm shocked, expect Stern and Co. to sort this one out. Dude needs to dry his tears and remember that he has to be above that level. It reads like a Youtube commenter wrote it.

It's on NBA.com which is strange to me, certainly someone in the NBA offices had to have read that before it went up. It's not like he put it on local Cleveland news. Maybe Stern is turning a blind eye in order to jack up the ratings.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:02 pm

I like his signature.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum