Lebron to...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Lebron to...

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:43 pm

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: Lebron to...

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I thought it was New York! '74 told me to bet my mortgage on it...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 am

How have we reached the point where people are going to sit through an hour-long show in primetime on a Thursday night so that LeBron can feel appropriately important when he announces where he'll play basketball next season? This feels like we've regressed again.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:How have we reached the point where people are going to sit through an hour-long show in primetime on a Thursday night so that LeBron can feel appropriately important when he announces where he'll play basketball next season? This feels like we've regressed again.

I totally agree. This is really lame. He should have done a reality TV shown on it.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:How have we reached the point where people are going to sit through an hour-long show in primetime on a Thursday night so that LeBron can feel appropriately important when he announces where he'll play basketball next season? This feels like we've regressed again.

I totally agree. This is really lame. He should have done a reality TV shown on it.

Doesn't it make more sense to give the greatest player in the NBA an hour show for such an announcement when we give similar coverage for 5 minutes to 17-year olds who statistically will likely never even start a college game.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Doesn't it make more sense to give the greatest player in the NBA an hour show for such an announcement when we give similar coverage for 5 minutes to 17-year olds who statistically will likely never even start a college game.

I know you like disagreeing with people, but why would you possibly think that the kids who are big enough recruits to get 5 minutes on tv to announce their choice are statistically unlikely to start a college game? More than 50% of 4/5 star recruits never start in college?

To answer your more valid point, I'd be fine with 5 or 10 minutes of coverage of his press conference...even 15! But a preplanned hourlong show? What the fuck could fill an hour of tv time for him to say the name of one of 5 NBA teams?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 am

I really hope LeBron messes with everyone at the press conference. I mean, it'd be hilarious if he pulled out a Bucks hat and was like "nah...."
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 am

I'm still waiting to find out where this guy is going.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 am

The only way you will get people to watch for the full hour is if in the first segment, Lebron announces that he will not be staying in Cleveland.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 pm

I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Dudley says on Twitter that his sources say LeBron to the Knicks.

http://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/17967607292
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:31 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Dudley says on Twitter that his sources say LeBron to the Knicks.

Chad Johnson agrees...
http://twitter.com/OGOchocinco

MSG-owned New York Newsday is the first and only one reporting that "The Decision" will be televised from Greenwich, CT.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Dudley says on Twitter that his sources say LeBron to the Knicks.

Chad Johnson agrees...
http://twitter.com/OGOchocinco

MSG-owned New York Newsday is the first and only one reporting that "The Decision" will be televised from Greenwich, CT.

I should have listened to 74 and bet my mortgage!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMcG on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I believe that Dudley's source is trustworthy, given the circumstances.

BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Gotta be the Knicks. Once Eddie I Eat Too Much Curry burns next year, Melo comes aboard. Nuggetts have no shot at Melo. And LBJ and Melo are boys.

Agree with HJS. He announces early in the show and we then watch a bunch of crap on NYC and all it has to offer, etc.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:39 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Gotta be the Knicks. Once Eddie I Eat Too Much Curry burns next year, Melo comes aboard. Nuggetts have no shot at Melo. And LBJ and Melo are boys.

Agree with HJS. He announces early in the show and we then watch a bunch of crap on NYC and all it has to offer, etc.

I keep reading that... but... it makes no sense. First, in Year 2 of Amare/Lebron, the Knicks won't be able to afford a max deal for Carmelo. Second, Carmelo and Lebron play the same freaking position. Neither can play SG or PF. They are both the epitome of a SF.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I would be mildly surprised by Lebron to the Knicks. I would be shocked by Lebron + Carmelo to the Knicks.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Holy crap... if he announces the Knicks, he will be the most hated person in sports... a Tiger-like popularity fall without all the fun.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... sion070710
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shredder on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm

I just can't believe he'd choose the Knicks. Even the Nets would be a better move. I wouldn't rule them out either.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Boozer to Chicago - that's confusing. I was thinking it would be LeBron and Boozer to Chicago, but I tend to believe Dudley.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:I just can't believe he'd choose the Knicks. Even the Nets would be a better move. I wouldn't rule them out either.

The Knicks are literally the only team that Lebron would have less talent to play with than the Cavs. Chicago, Nets, Miami and even the freaking Clips offer better rosters. But, the Knicks do offer the greatest stage on which to fail.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:33 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Boozer to Chicago - that's confusing. I was thinking it would be LeBron and Boozer to Chicago, but I tend to believe Dudley.

That always made sense. Boozer has been talking about playing there. With Bosh and Wade gone, it is a no-brainer. It gives Chicago a real nice fit... regardless if Lebron signs there or not. All that said... I simply am not a Boozer fan. Always seemed to be overachieving... and I just wait for the other shoe to drop and he falls back to being another Duke bust.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angryty on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Holy crap... if he announces the Knicks, he will be the most hated person in sports... a Tiger-like popularity fall without all the fun.

That is idiotic. The Knicks are a sad-sack franchise that haven't been relevant since the Spurs put them to sleep in the finals a decade ago and hasn't won a title since before you were born. Due to their sheer ineptness, the Knicks are probably the least hateable New York franchise in sports. I would think picking Miami--not good enough to win on your own, eh LBJ, need Dwayne to hold your hand--or Chicago--can't build your own legacy, you have to steal it from MJ--would be far more unpopular moves in the general scheme of things.

I understand that there are always going to be losers from third-rate cities who hate everything about the Apex of Human Existence, but aside from that collection of shut-ins, Clevelanders, Bostonians (who really just comprise a large section of the first grouping) and losers from New Jersey who try to make up for their sad upbringing in Bergen County by pulling for fake teams like the Nets and Devils and hating all things New York City-related, this will not be controversial at all. It was the smart play. Especially, if as reported, Melo wants to come to MSG next year at a discount.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Holy crap... if he announces the Knicks, he will be the most hated person in sports... a Tiger-like popularity fall without all the fun.

That is idiotic. The Knicks are a sad-sack franchise that haven't been relevant since the Spurs put them to sleep in the finals a decade ago and hasn't won a title since before you were born. Due to their sheer ineptness, the Knicks are probably the least hateable New York franchise in sports. I would think picking Miami--not good enough to win on your own, eh LBJ, need Dwayne to hold your hand--or Chicago--can't build your own legacy, you have to steal it from MJ--would be far more unpopular moves in the general scheme of things.

I understand that there are always going to be losers from third-rate cities who hate everything about the Apex of Human Existence, but aside from that collection of shut-ins, Clevelanders, Bostonians (who really just comprise a large section of the first grouping) and losers from New Jersey who try to make up for their sad upbringing in Bergen County by pulling for fake teams like the Nets and Devils and hating all things New York City-related, this will not be controversial at all. It was the smart play. Especially, if as reported, Melo wants to come to MSG next year at a discount.

As a Bostonian, I can honestly say that I don't care about LeBron enough to hate him no matter where he goes. And Ty is right, Celtics fans think the Knicks are an amusing sideshow, and will continue to do so when they lose a little less with LeBron. No one cares about the Knicks enough to hate LeBron - truthfully, that includes New Yorkers. "Always root for your team as long at they win."
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:54 pm

The Knicks are the Bruins of the NBA. They suck too much to hate and it's fun making fun of their fans.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 pm

The NBA is the only pro sports league whose offseason is more interesting than the actual games.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:09 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The MLB is the only pro sports league whose offseason is more interesting than the actual games.

Fixed.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-jame ... cocksucker
It's just the tip of the iceberg. Personally, I hope he comes to one of the NY teams. I don't care that his career and legacy will be ruined and he will be universally hated.

You see... I live here in the greatest city on Earth. I don't have to feign allegiance because I was raised in not-quite-Connecticut and took the Metro North in high school to get plastered off of two beers at Bear Bar or Ski Bear. I don't have to have walk around some second-rate "city" which is really no more than a half-way house for derelicts, homeless, career criminals, rapists and politicians with my interlocking NY hat to reaffirm my allegiance.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:24 am

Broussard is reporting on ESPN that LeBron has decided to be Dwayne Wade's bitch in Miami. He says it is down to Miami and Cleveland and that all others are pretty much out. Lame.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum