Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Interesting rumor on tos that jackson and ellmore convinced Donahue to stop recruiting shane larkin because they disliked him.

Does that really make any sense? Isn't Larkin a freshman? Neither of those guys would have ever been on the team with him.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Interesting rumor on tos that jackson and ellmore convinced Donahue to stop recruiting shane larkin because they disliked him.

Does that really make any sense? Isn't Larkin a freshman? Neither of those guys would have ever been on the team with him.

It does actually. Larkin committed to depaul in the same class as Anderson et al. Then he did that shady switch to the u. Jackson had likely not definitively made his pro decision.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

It does actually. Larkin committed to depaul in the same class as Anderson et al. Then he did that shady switch to the u. Jackson had likely not definitively made his pro decision.

Ok Larkin is a Soph. If both of those guys actually stuck around they would have had one year with him.

Yep. The whole thing sounds like nonsense.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:20 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Ok Larkin is a Soph. If both of those guys actually stuck around they would have had one year with him.

Yep. The whole thing sounds like nonsense.

The poster saying it is pretty credible.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Larkin had some weird medical issue that only allowed him to play in a Southern Climate. He wasnt coming here anyway
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:49 pm

The one thing I want Don to get is a big man that will protect the paint. They don't even need to be a good shot blocker. Just someone who opposing fans will hate and that fouls hard Bill Laimbeer style.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm

I heard they disliked Noah Vonleh and Nerlens Noel because they didn't laugh at Steve Donahue's jokes and that's why they didn't come here. and you know what I say? good riddance. they probably made fun of our cheerleaders too.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:39 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I heard they disliked Noah Vonleh and Nerlens Noel because they didn't laugh at Steve Donahue's jokes and that's why they didn't come here. and you know what I say? good riddance. they probably made fun of our cheerleaders too.

HOW DARE THEY MOCK THE CHEERLEADERS. sexist pigs
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

There are always reasons why we would recruit one guy, drop interest, never offer, get beat by another program, etc. It is only still being discussed here because Don has failed to win... thus allowing us to re-visit dead recruiting events of years ago and argue over the rumored reason for the miss.

As I've said a million times, I like Don and had hopes that he would turn this around. However, I think that the writing on the wall is pretty damn clear. It is NCAA Tourney in 2014 or be fired. I think there were a number of missteps that got us to this point. I have long maintained that replacing Jones with Woody Kampmann was the death blow. Nonetheless, I think we are looking at a recruiting class next year similarly hampered as Spaz's final class. Which means the next coach will find himself in a similar position as Daziani.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Seems like Darryl Reynolds likes us just the matter of fact if we offer him or not

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2965/Darryl-Reynolds-Interview.php
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:There are always reasons why we would recruit one guy, drop interest, never offer, get beat by another program, etc. It is only still being discussed here because Don has failed to win... thus allowing us to re-visit dead recruiting events of years ago and argue over the rumored reason for the miss.

As I've said a million times, I like Don and had hopes that he would turn this around. However, I think that the writing on the wall is pretty damn clear. It is NCAA Tourney in 2014 or be fired. I think there were a number of missteps that got us to this point. I have long maintained that replacing Jones with Woody Kampmann was the death blow. Nonetheless, I think we are looking at a recruiting class next year similarly hampered as Spaz's final class. Which means the next coach will find himself in a similar position as Daziani.

Bad comparison.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:29 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Seems like Darryl Reynolds likes us just the matter of fact if we offer him or not

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2965/Darryl-Reynolds-Interview.php

Reynolds is the only guys we're still recruiting who seems even semi-capable of playing C. I would be ok with finishing the class with Reynolds and Hicks.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:39 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Seems like Darryl Reynolds likes us just the matter of fact if we offer him or not

Reynolds is the only guys we're still recruiting who seems even semi-capable of playing C. I would be ok with finishing the class with Reynolds and Hicks.

That would be a solid ending
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:23 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:There are always reasons why we would recruit one guy, drop interest, never offer, get beat by another program, etc. It is only still being discussed here because Don has failed to win... thus allowing us to re-visit dead recruiting events of years ago and argue over the rumored reason for the miss.

Bad comparison Shoe horning.

fixed
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

That would be a solid ending

Agreed, I would be okay with that, if still somewhat disappointed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm

some combination of Reynolds/Hamilton and Severe/Hicks would make me feel okay.

Does anyone really know anything about Kanter? He was originally slated for 2014, then got a BC and Pitt offer, reclassified, and then nothing else? Just seems strange to me. Maybe this is more common than I know of.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:some combination of Reynolds/Hamilton and Severe/Hicks would make me feel okay.

Does anyone really know anything about Kanter? He was originally slated for 2014, then got a BC and Pitt offer, reclassified, and then nothing else? Just seems strange to me. Maybe this is more common than I know of.

I forget what I posted a few weeks back, but he said he's waiting till April to decide I believe
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 am

@GiveNGobball: Bryant Crawford,'15 PG from Gonzaga HS (D.C.), has received an offer from Boston College.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:@GiveNGobball: Bryant Crawford,'15 PG from Gonzaga HS (D.C.), has received an offer from Boston College.

Donahue's optimism is undiminished. Bryant Crawford (6'2", 170 lbs.) is one of the top PG prospects in 2015 - offers from UConn, Georgetown, Indiana, Penn State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, South Florida, SMU, and Texas, with a number of other high majors considering whether to jump in. BC's recruiting will have to improve 300% to hold out any hope of getting this kid.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:26 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:@GiveNGobball: Bryant Crawford,'15 PG from Gonzaga HS (D.C.), has received an offer from Boston College.

Donahue's optimism is undiminished. Bryant Crawford (6'2", 170 lbs.) is one of the top PG prospects in 2015 - offers from UConn, Georgetown, Indiana, Penn State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, South Florida, SMU, and Texas, with a number of other high majors considering whether to jump in. BC's recruiting will have to improve 300% to hold out any hope of getting this kid.

So you are saying there's a chance?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:36 pm

hoops weirdo 1 {l Wrote}:Recruiting sucks we need higher rated recruits rabble... rabble... rabble

hoops weirdo 2 {l Wrote}:We're recruiting player X, he is a really good player and a recruiting service Y top 100 player and would help this team a lot

hoops weirdo 1 {l Wrote}:No point in trying to recruit player X he has too many good offers and is too highly rated

TRE {l Wrote}: Everybody back in the pile
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

So you are saying there's a chance?

Donahue obviously thinks (for some reason or other) that he has a chance of getting Crawford. In our quantum universe, of course, there's always a chance (however infinitesimal) of just about anything happening, but I fear the likelihood of BC getting Crawford isn't far removed from the likelihood of an major asteroid impact on Earth next week.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 am

I'm shocked you guys don't realize that Donahue offers some guys for the heck of it. Also he probably thinks that if the kid's recruiting regresses (like Hicks') then he can recruit him hard then.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:I'm shocked you guys don't realize that Donahue offers some guys for the heck of it. Also he probably thinks that if the kid's recruiting regresses (like Hicks') then he can recruit him hard then.

Donahue himself has publicly insisted that he only makes offers when he thinks he has a serious chance, but of course that could be purely to keep up appearances. The argument that shotgun offering could turn up odd cases like Hicks makes a bit more sense, but such circumstances are pretty rare. Actually, I'm still scratching my head over how so many recruiters screwed up by ignoring Hicks; he isn't an injury case like Rahon, and even a casual look at his available tape shows that he's a very talented player. Perhaps fashion plays an unacknowledged role even in a supposedly hardheaded business like basketball recruiting, but I still can't think of many cases like Hicks; even as odd a case as Hamilton looks more understandable to me.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Skye Johnson got an offer pretty recently and I think he will probably commit.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Who?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Who?

wait nevermind, he's 2014 maybe and thus is much less likely to commit soon.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I leave for a minute and you run crazy with recruiting....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Your an OG hoops weird0, do you know if skye johnson is '13 or '14?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Your an OG hoops weird0, do you know if skye johnson is '13 or '14?

He was 13 and reclassified into 14 I believe because of lack of exposure. The offer is most likely for 13'
Shaddix
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum