Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just think if the Don wants to run, he needs at least one more PF, be it a Raji type or a more classic rebounder. You can go small, but you still need guys at the 4 and 5 and the more you run, the more Clifford and Anderson need rest. And by going small, you can't just move Heckmann to the 4. I am also taking a wait and see approach on Odio - if he wants to use those hops to go bang on the boards for 10 mins a game with some aggressiveness, that works. In the meantime, they should be looking for someone for next season.

Owens really reminds me of Raji
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:14 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just think if the Don wants to run, he needs at least one more PF, be it a Raji type or a more classic rebounder. You can go small, but you still need guys at the 4 and 5 and the more you run, the more Clifford and Anderson need rest. And by going small, you can't just move Heckmann to the 4. I am also taking a wait and see approach on Odio - if he wants to use those hops to go bang on the boards for 10 mins a game with some aggressiveness, that works. In the meantime, they should be looking for someone for next season.

I hope not. Raji was an undersized inside the paint player for his first three years. Owens looks like a slashing 3 to me. Like I said earlier, he looks to me like a poor man's Mike Jones without the 3 ball (which is compliment). I am hoping Owens is a true wing, which means I want him running the break, not starting it with the rebound.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

I hope not. Raji was an undersized inside the paint player for his first three years. Owens looks like a slashing 3 to me. Like I said earlier, he looks to me like a poor man's Mike Jones without the 3 ball (which is compliment). I am hoping Owens is a true wing, which means I want him running the break, not starting it with the rebound.

Are you talking about Mike Jones from mass that went to maryland?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Are you talking about Mike Jones from mass that went to maryland?

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Gotta interject here. Raji was not very athletic. Although they are both undersized for the SF position and never had great shots, they are two different players. Raji was an outstanding offensive rebounder, but wasn't so great on the defensive boards which makes me think: "effort." Which also confirms that at least 50% of rebounding, if not more, is about your effort and intelligence.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Gotta interject here. Raji was not very athletic. Although they are both undersized for the SF position and never had great shots, they are two different players. Raji was an outstanding offensive rebounder, but wasn't so great on the defensive boards which makes me think: "effort." Which also confirms that at least 50% of rebounding, if not more, is about your effort and intelligence.

Umm...on Raji not being very athletic:

Though I do agree Raji did not go 100% every play
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Frankly, I watched the video, and his ball skills are pretty good, and while he doesn't seem like a huge outside threat, he has a nice stroke. This is a very good get - he's stupidly athletic, big and strong, and has the core skills for the Don to work with.

If you were going to grab a 3 instead of a 4, this is a nice get.

this, his shot was not nearly as bad as i was expecting based on what people were saying. It's actually pretty fluid.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Frankly, I watched the video, and his ball skills are pretty good, and while he doesn't seem like a huge outside threat, he has a nice stroke. This is a very good get - he's stupidly athletic, big and strong, and has the core skills for the Don to work with.

If you were going to grab a 3 instead of a 4, this is a nice get.

this, his shot was not nearly as bad as i was expecting based on what people were saying. It's actually pretty fluid.

Maybe he just isn't consistent with it.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

He reminded me a little bit of Sean Marshall.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 pm

I hope we are done with this class. I think Owens fills a vital piece of the BC squad. I also think he will excel with Donahue and I like him better than several of the other players we were looking at.

Although our depth is lacking at PF and C, I am not too concerned. Clifford and Anderson have the potential to be stars in the ACC and even with Donahue's up-tempo offense, I have no doubt they will be able to play a good 30-35 minutes. By 2013 Caudill and Odio should be serviceable for some minutes to give our guys some rest. We could also give Anderson or Clifford rest by using lineups by temporarily moving Owens to the 4 and playing Dragicivich at the 3. I really don't think size is that big of an issue with two true centers, a true PF (Anderson), an athletic swing forward (Owens) and a couple other players who can play the 3 (Heckmann and Dragicevich). Not to mention it seems like Donahue likes playing fast 3-guard lineups. Also, if Odio is able to contribute at all, it is certainly an added bonus.

If we use one of our remaining 2 scholarships in 2013, we better be confident that the player is good enough to hang with the ACC's best. BC is showing serious interest in 2013 Junior Etou who would be a great pick up but we may be too behind in his recruitment.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I hope we are done with this class. I think Owens fills a vital piece of the BC squad. I also think he will excel with Donahue and I like him better than several of the other players we were looking at.

Although our depth is lacking at PF and C, I am not too concerned. Clifford and Anderson have the potential to be stars in the ACC and even with Donahue's up-tempo offense, I have no doubt they will be able to play a good 30-35 minutes. By 2013 Caudill and Odio should be serviceable for some minutes to give our guys some rest. We could also give Anderson or Clifford rest by using lineups by temporarily moving Owens to the 4 and playing Dragicivich at the 3. I really don't think size is that big of an issue with two true centers, a true PF (Anderson), an athletic swing forward (Owens) and a couple other players who can play the 3 (Heckmann and Dragicevich). Not to mention it seems like Donahue likes playing fast 3-guard lineups. Also, if Odio is able to contribute at all, it is certainly an added bonus.

If we use one of our remaining 2 scholarships in 2013, we better be confident that the player is good enough to hang with the ACC's best. BC is showing serious interest in 2013 Junior Etou who would be a great pick up but we may be too behind in his recruitment.

I fucking hate any discussion over preserving schollies for next year's class. Kids leave every freaking year. Odio and Caudill are getting to the up-or-out stages of their career. BC sits back... passes on 4s... ever chasing the supposed awesome class of next year where we are eternally doing much better with. Then, Caudill doesn't get better and Odio transfers to see more playing time. And, suddenly, everyone is surprised and we go around offering any Cornell-level player who is taller than 6'6" in the hopes that one of these stiffs won't be truly terrible. It is Spazoo is Don's recruiting coordinator.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I hope we are done with this class. I think Owens fills a vital piece of the BC squad. I also think he will excel with Donahue and I like him better than several of the other players we were looking at.

I fucking hate any discussion over preserving schollies for next year's class. Kids leave every freaking year. Odio and Caudill are getting to the up-or-out stages of their career. BC sits back... passes on 4s... ever chasing the supposed awesome class of next year where we are eternally doing much better with. Then, Caudill doesn't get better and Odio transfers to see more playing time. And, suddenly, everyone is surprised and we go around offering any Cornell-level player who is taller than 6'6" in the hopes that one of these stiffs won't be truly terrible. It is Spazoo is Don's recruiting coordinator.

Spreading scholarships out is a necessity if a program is to maintain coherence and consistency (unless you're Calipari, of course). The best demonstration of that is the mess that Skinner left behind him, which left Donahue in his second year putting an extremely inexperienced team on the floor which was usually (but not always) raw meat for more experienced conference foes. We have no guarantee that anyone is going to move after this season -- they all seem quite happy at BC -- so it's no big deal if we stop at one recruit for 2013 and leave two slots for 2014.

All this aside, since you're so convinced that BC recruiting is going to bomb in 2014, what makes you think that BC will do any better shopping for a PF in 2013, where the process is much further advanced? Donahue & Co. have shown interest in a number of quality 2013 bigs in other parts of the country, without much response. It doesn't get any easier this late in the game. Consider their latest object of interest, Junior Etou (6'8", 225 lbs., Bishop O'Connell HS [Arlington, VA], AAU = DC Assault). Etou is a former sleeper whose stock has risen to where it would make sense for BC to spend a scholarship on him, rather than bank it for 2014. Unfortunately, he already has reported offers from Kansas, Kansas State, Maryland, Memphis, Miami, and West Virginia. BC's chances of breaking into that crowd this late in the game appear negligible. In other words, at this point, unless you're willing to have BC grab the kind of stiff in 2013 you don't want in 2014, it will probably make more sense to leave remaining slots open for 2014. Donahue might perform a last-minute miracle with Etou or someone like him, but the probabilities point to waiting for 2014.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 am

We still need another big guy. Owens will help matters since he can defend the 4.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:Spreading scholarships out is a necessity if a program is to maintain coherence and consistency (unless you're Calipari, of course). The best demonstration of that is the mess that Skinner left behind him, which left Donahue in his second year putting an extremely inexperienced team on the floor which was usually (but not always) raw meat for more experienced conference foes. We have no guarantee that anyone is going to move after this season -- they all seem quite happy at BC -- so it's no big deal if we stop at one recruit for 2013 and leave two slots for 2014.

A little bit of revisionist history I see. What mess did Skinner leave behind? He left Donahue with three pretty good recruits in that 2010 class. How is it Skinner's mess when he was fired and Donahue wasn't able to keep the three recruits? Please explain. Yes, the lack of any recruits in 2009 was not ideal but we've been over that a million times. You sound like fucking Obama blaming W for all his woes.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby 781 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 am

i saw Owens play last year and i'm going to see him again in november. Owens is another Marquez Haynes, nowhere near what Raji was.
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:Spreading scholarships out is a necessity if a program is to maintain coherence and consistency (unless you're Calipari, of course). The best demonstration of that is the mess that Skinner left behind him, which left Donahue in his second year putting an extremely inexperienced team on the floor which was usually (but not always) raw meat for more experienced conference foes. We have no guarantee that anyone is going to move after this season -- they all seem quite happy at BC -- so it's no big deal if we stop at one recruit for 2013 and leave two slots for 2014.

A little bit of revisionist history I see. What mess did Skinner leave behind? He left Donahue with three pretty good recruits in that 2010 class. How is it Skinner's mess when he was fired and Donahue wasn't able to keep the three recruits? Please explain. Yes, the lack of any recruits in 2009 was not ideal but we've been over that a million times. You sound like fucking Obama blaming W for all his woes.

I agree that Skinner is not to blame for the scholarship situation since you have to add in 2011 Jackson (Sr.), Elmore (Sr.), Ravenel (Sr.), Heslip(So.), Ndao (So.) and Noreen(So.)(maybe, I think he might have gone elsewhere anyway if I remember right) back in - that might be a bubble team depending on who in Donahue's 2011 class still shows up. That said, not even Mrs. Skinner will say 2009 wasn't a problem. However:

1) Blaming Donahue for not being able to keep Noreen, Heslip and Papa Samba Ndao is at best maybe fair. I think blaming him for Jackson leaving is likely unfair since he was a 1st round draft pick and visibly thrived in Donahue's system.
2) Dallas Elmore stunk, Noreen and Ndao have not done anything that Eddio Odio has not, which is to say I give them all some benefit of the doubt but won't proclaim them losses.
3) Ravenel looked good at times last season (elements of this board have overrated this shit out of him based on those tournament games - mostly Cuse- last year where he played a very solid 7 minutes over the course of two games), but overall he played only 100 or so minutes more than Caudill (and about 10 minutes on the season more than Cahill). He had fitness issues at BC and I'm not sure he could have been a starter. He may have provided decent depth. I'd rather have him than any of our backup bigs, but its not by that wide of a margin.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am

781 {l Wrote}:i saw Owens play last year and i'm going to see him again in november. Owens is another Marquez Haynes, nowhere near what Raji was.

That makes no sense. Its like saying Joe Rahon is another Shamari Spears.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Brablc on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
781 {l Wrote}:i saw Owens play last year and i'm going to see him again in november. Owens is another Marquez Haynes, nowhere near what Raji was.

"What does nowhere near what Raji was" even mean. Does he not get offensive rebounds? Is he more athletic? Just curious what you meant by that.

I assume he is far from a polished product.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:52 am

Brablc {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

"What does nowhere near what Raji was" even mean. Does he not get offensive rebounds? Is he more athletic? Just curious what you meant by that.

Maybe he is lacking Raji's polished ability to shoot sub .400 in put backs.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Brablc {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Maybe he is lacking Raji's polished ability to shoot sub .400 in put backs.

With the groin injury late in his career, that was one Soar Eagle.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:Spreading scholarships out is a necessity if a program is to maintain coherence and consistency (unless you're Calipari, of course).

All this aside, since you're so convinced that BC recruiting is going to bomb in 2014, what makes you think that BC will do any better shopping for a PF in 2013, where the process is much further advanced? Donahue & Co. have shown interest in a number of quality 2013 bigs in other parts of the country, without much response. It doesn't get any easier this late in the game. In other words, at this point, unless you're willing to have BC grab the kind of stiff in 2013 you don't want in 2014, it will probably make more sense to leave remaining slots open for 2014. Donahue might perform a last-minute miracle with Etou or someone like him, but the probabilities point to waiting for 2014.

I'm avoiding the Skinner part of the response since Mrs. Skinner has already addressed it. But, if spreading scholarships around is so incredibly important, why... for his second recruiting class... did Don hand out 7 scholarships? See... you could've said that Don's plan is to do what he did at Cornell... get one 8-person class every 4 years, start them as frosh and hope for good things their junior and senior years (ala Obie with Curley, Eisley, Huckabee, Abrams). THAT would be consistent with what he appears to be doing (2-7-2-1).

I will remind everyone that Don was scrambling mightily all last Spring to land a big. I predict the same song and dance this Spring.

As to your points about (a) them trying to land a 2013 big but received no returned interest and (b) that they've run out of big 2013 targets and it would be tough to land anything but a stiff this late in the process... all that does is confirms my concerns about recruiting. You're an ACC head coach and you can guarantee a frosh immediately PT... and you can't get returned interest????? That is the definition of sucking at recruiting. You know you need help at the 4 and 5, you've tried for well over a year to address it... and so you cast a very narrow net for potential 2013 bigs???? That is the definition of shitty recruiting strategy.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am

Took me 3 seconds of tape to see that there really isn't anything remotely similar between the two players.

Oh, and Haynes was a much better player than Raji. He just didn't fit as a flex PG or SG.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 am

Brablc {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Raji graduated far from a finished product. By senior year, he was hitting half of his layups though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:Spreading scholarships out is a necessity if a program is to maintain coherence and consistency (unless you're Calipari, of course).

All this aside, since you're so convinced that BC recruiting is going to bomb in 2014, what makes you think that BC will do any better shopping for a PF in 2013, where the process is much further advanced? Donahue & Co. have shown interest in a number of quality 2013 bigs in other parts of the country, without much response. It doesn't get any easier this late in the game. In other words, at this point, unless you're willing to have BC grab the kind of stiff in 2013 you don't want in 2014, it will probably make more sense to leave remaining slots open for 2014. Donahue might perform a last-minute miracle with Etou or someone like him, but the probabilities point to waiting for 2014.

I'm avoiding the Skinner part of the response since Mrs. Skinner has already addressed it. But, if spreading scholarships around is so incredibly important, why... for his second recruiting class... did Don hand out 7 scholarships? See... you could've said that Don's plan is to do what he did at Cornell... get one 8-person class every 4 years, start them as frosh and hope for good things their junior and senior years (ala Obie with Curley, Eisley, Huckabee, Abrams). THAT would be consistent with what he appears to be doing (2-7-2-1).

I will remind everyone that Don was scrambling mightily all last Spring to land a big. I predict the same song and dance this Spring.

As to your points about (a) them trying to land a 2013 big but received no returned interest and (b) that they've run out of big 2013 targets and it would be tough to land anything but a stiff this late in the process... all that does is confirms my concerns about recruiting. You're an ACC head coach and you can guarantee a frosh immediately PT... and you can't get returned interest????? That is the definition of sucking at recruiting. You know you need help at the 4 and 5, you've tried for well over a year to address it... and so you cast a very narrow net for potential 2013 bigs???? That is the definition of shitty recruiting strategy.

I will remind everyone that eepstein and redbaron67 (selected at random) bemoaning the lack of a big in the 2012 class on the EO message board does NOT equal Don scrambling mightily all last Spring to land a big. I further remind you that that HJS can take a result with extremely limited information, like the fact that we currently have no 2013 PF or C commitments and extrapolate a very detailed narrative of the causation with much blame assigned despite having very, very few pieces of actual information lending to such narrative. In fact at times his assumptions are pretty ridiculous, like being able to offer early PT for a big?? no we have two players at PF at C (the best players on the current roster) who will play 25 plus (closer to 30) minutes a game for the next three years, that is the opposite of early PT. The pitch: "Listen son, if you come to Boston College, you might be able to start at power forward your senior year!"

I really, really have a hard time believing anyone thinks that in light of the empty 2009 class, Ravenel transfer, likelihood of Jackson leaving, Elmore not being an ACC player [done on purpose to antagonize] and essentially empty 2010 class(apply blame with as many assumptions as you see fit) warranted anything less than a scholarship dump in every direction in 2011. Stating it was a strategy to build a winning class every four years is (ellipsis)

Finally, here is what I have to say re: recruiting strategy; you have 1 or 2 scholarships to give in 2013. You know this going in. Assuming you agree on the "need" for a big man, do you a) offer 25 power forwards and centers whereby you focus on a large pool but can't focus particularly on any one or small group of players keeping in mind you went 9 and 22 the prior year and conte doesn't exactly sell itself, or do you b) focus on 3-5 and apply all efforts to those players? BC clearly expended some resources on Vonleh, probably at the expense of going after some less touted big men. I am fine with that for a variety of reasons.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Finally, here is what I have to say re: recruiting strategy; you have 1 or 2 scholarships to give in 2013. You know this going in. Assuming you agree on the "need" for a big man, do you a) offer 25 power forwards and centers whereby you focus on a large pool but can't focus particularly on any one or small group of players keeping in mind you went 9 and 22 the prior year and conte doesn't exactly sell itself, or do you b) focus on 3-5 and apply all efforts to those players? BC clearly expended some resources on Vonleh, probably at the expense of going after some less touted big men. I am fine with that for a variety of reasons.

You offer the 25. You have 3 assistants and a head coach. What the eff are they doing if they only have the capacity to recruit one player each during a recruiting year??? I never believed in the "limited recruiting resources" theory for FB and believe it even less for BB.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Finally, here is what I have to say re: recruiting strategy; you have 1 or 2 scholarships to give in 2013. You know this going in. Assuming you agree on the "need" for a big man, do you a) offer 25 power forwards and centers whereby you focus on a large pool but can't focus particularly on any one or small group of players keeping in mind you went 9 and 22 the prior year and conte doesn't exactly sell itself, or do you b) focus on 3-5 and apply all efforts to those players? BC clearly expended some resources on Vonleh, probably at the expense of going after some less touted big men. I am fine with that for a variety of reasons.

You offer the 25. You have 3 assistants and a head coach. What the eff are they doing if they only have the capacity to recruit one player each during a recruiting year??? I never believed in the "limited recruiting resources" theory for FB and believe it even less for BB.

It's quite clear that 9903 is talking not about recruiting resources themselves, but about allocation of those resources. Would you have understood that better if he used too many punctuation marks, are did you understand it but pretend not to so you would have something to complain about? (??????)
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

It's quite clear that 9903 is talking not about recruiting resources themselves, but about allocation of those resources. Would you have understood that better if he used too many punctuation marks, are did you understand it but pretend not to so you would have something to complain about? (??????)

Explain to me how the allocation of recruiting resources means that we can only focus on 3-5 potential recruits.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Explain to me how the allocation of recruiting resources means that we can only focus on 3-5 potential recruits.

You just simply CANNOT be a lawyer.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I don't buy the resource argument at all.

If you want to go with Odio/Caudill inside have at it, but its not going to go well.

The PT will work against BC. Anderson/Clifford are playing 30 minutes each per night which doesn't leave much time left. Owens, because he's silly athletic, will get some time at the 4.

Don't forget also about Dragevich. BC now has some decent and different options on the wing depending on what we need (a shooter, a slasher or a defender).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:55 pm

However resources are allocated, it's difficult to sell a program that just went 9-22. It's important to remember that any player of recognized quality is going to have multiple high-major offers, all striving to get him to commit. That's why it's very important that this year's team show substantial improvement, especially with so many recruiting targets in our back yard who are going to notice what's happening with the program.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum