Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Billy Curley is another. Michael Bradley could be another... though I don't recall if he signed and was released or if he never signed. What about Jermaine Watson? I recall him being quite highly rated.

That said, how many Top 50 kids from New England did we fail to make it into the Top 10 for? We aren't even on the radar for Top 50 kids. Sure we missed out on the Wayne Turners and Mike Jones, but we were in the battle for them... and in some ways I think that at least being in the conversation helps with B-lister like Scoonie Penn.

The strange thing is that 9903 is fellating himself over the recruiting and excitement that Dazoo is bringing on the football side, yet pooh-poohs the idea that others should want that for basketball.

** Disclaimer: I like Don. I think he is a good coach. I think he can identify talent. I think we win 20 games this year. However, I think he should be doing a MUCH better job landing his top recruits. I largely fault his assistants for that failure. I blame Don for not replacing Joe Jones with another top recruiter.

Shouldn't there be some consistency on celebrating being a runner up? I forget you went to uconn sometimes.

It's so much better not bother trying to land kids other schools want. I forget you supported Spazoo (and his recruiting) right up until he was fired.

No.

You aren't very good at this shtick
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:33 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:BC offered 2015 prospects Makol Mawien and Brock Miller of the Utah Prospects AAU team.

2015 Guard Brock Miller (UT) who Boston College offered over the weekend has an offer from Utah State and Idaho State. Interest from Stanford, Utah, BYU and Colorado

2015 Forward Makol Mawien (UT) who Boston College offered over the weekend also holds offers from Utah, VCU, Utah St, and SJSU
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:BC offered 2015 prospects Makol Mawien and Brock Miller of the Utah Prospects AAU team.

2015 Guard Brock Miller (UT) who Boston College offered over the weekend has an offer from Utah State and Idaho State. Interest from Stanford, Utah, BYU and Colorado

2015 Forward Makol Mawien (UT) who Boston College offered over the weekend also holds offers from Utah, VCU, Utah St, and SJSU

Mawien is a 4 star on ESPN
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:51 pm

2014 Kaleb Joseph cut his list to Syracuse, Providence and West Virginia.

This hurts. Joseph we had a decent chance it seemed like.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Iggle on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:2014 Kaleb Joseph cut his list to Syracuse, Providence and West Virginia.

zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Matt Cimino all the way.

I'm excited for the 2015 class. we're gonna see what Steve is made of when his original class is gonzo and he needs 4, 5 or 6 new commits.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:42 am

Cooley just runs circles around Donahue on the recruiting trail
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:2014 Kaleb Joseph cut his list to Syracuse, Providence and West Virginia.

another big, local prospect that we were in early on?

I AM SHOCKED!

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:

This seems more like it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:01 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Why do we care about not being in Joseph's Top 3. Only one of those schools will ultimately wind up with him. I don't see why everyone is so upset about us not being a UConn-football-esque runner-up for a local recruit.

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Cooley just runs circles around Donahue on the recruiting trail

That and $1.50 will get him a cup of coffee when he's coaching at Stonehill in three years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Cooley just runs circles around Donahue on the recruiting trail

That and $1.50 will get him a cup of coffee when he's coaching at Stonehill in three years.

cooley or donahue?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

cooley or donahue?

yes
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

cooley or donahue?

yes

they can't BOTH coach at stonehill in three years...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

cooley or donahue?

yes

I meant the hoop version of Ron Zook.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

cooley or donahue?

yes

I meant the hoop version of Ron Zook.

paul hewitt?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby joeyfenn on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:23 pm

http://recruitne.blogspot.com/2013/07/this-week-in-boston-college-basketball.html

Recap of this week in Boston College Basketball Recruiting. Lots of action. You can copy and paste if you want.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm

BC and Aytes have parted ways. Matt Ryan is not athletic enough for ACC basketball.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:07 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:@NEsports_
Boston College has offered 2015 6'9 PF/C Chase Jeter from Nevada. Other offers include Arizona, USC, UNLV, UCLA, Arizona State. @chasejeter04

Jeter is a top-50 player who already has half the PAC-12 chasing him and the big dogs (Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina) sniffing around him; if Stephen Zimmerman weren't on the same HS team (Bishop Gorman), he'd probably be ranked even higher. Good luck on that one.

Coach at Gorman is UNLV head coach's brother. He's gonna be a Runnin' Rebel.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
Boston College has offered 2015 6'9 PF/C Chase Jeter from Nevada. Other offers include Arizona, USC, UNLV, UCLA, Arizona State. @chasejeter04

Jeter is a top-50 player who already has half the PAC-12 chasing him and the big dogs (Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina) sniffing around him; if Stephen Zimmerman weren't on the same HS team (Bishop Gorman), he'd probably be ranked even higher. Good luck on that one.

Unless UNLV grabs Zimmerman, in which case Jeter might decide to play elsewhere.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:18 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Unless UNLV grabs Zimmerman, in which case Jeter might decide to play elsewhere.

And by elsewhere, you are referring to a school other than Boston College.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:56 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:BC and Aytes have parted ways. Matt Ryan is not athletic enough for ACC basketball.

Matt Ryan is a great prospect. He can shoot lights out and has a high basketball IQ and can move off the ball well. He has offers from other ACC schools and other high majors. No one has knocked his athleticism and teams are not recruiting him to be an athletic player who can create his own shot and drive.

He would fit perfectly in the Don's system.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:08 am

Newest Weekly Recruiting recap http://recruitne.blogspot.com/2013/08/this-week-in-boston-college-basketball.html

Feel free to copy and paste
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Nice update.
The College Basketball Recruiting Period just ended and now it is the so called "quiet period" until September 9th. News will die down a little bit but not much. Still plenty happening and coaches are still in hot pursuit of these young prospects.

Pretty pathetic that we should anticipate even less recruiting news. Hard to believe that is possible for a major college program.

I don't pay attention to any 2015 recruits (just like I don't follow the BB recruiting of Arizona State as both are completely inconsequential to BC's future). Do we have reciprocal interest from any 2014 prospects beyond: Cimino, Uhl, Shayock and Pickens?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Nice update.
The College Basketball Recruiting Period just ended and now it is the so called "quiet period" until September 9th. News will die down a little bit but not much. Still plenty happening and coaches are still in hot pursuit of these young prospects.

Pretty pathetic that we should anticipate even less recruiting news. Hard to believe that is possible for a major college program.

I don't pay attention to any 2015 recruits (just like I don't follow the BB recruiting of Arizona State as both are completely inconsequential to BC's future). Do we have reciprocal interest from any 2014 prospects beyond: Cimino, Uhl, Shayock and Pickens?

Yeah 2014 PF Justin Johnson (KY) named BC his leader with Western Kentucky recently. He also has offers from Providence and Stanford
There are a few more kids with who may or may not be interested but I'm not sure. Paschal Chukwu, Mack Mercer, Payton Dastrup, Sam Dingba, Rashard Kelly, Jalen Norman, Gregory Malinowski. Some of those kids have plenty of high major offers and some have BC as their only high major offer.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:27 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Paschal Chukwu

He's the kid at Fairfield Prep right? He's in the snowball's chance in hell category
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby joesim on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Didn't 4 star C Sean O'Mara have us as his leader at one point?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:47 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:Didn't 4 star C Sean O'Mara have us as his leader at one point?

Not sure where we stand. I spoke with him last summer and he had hoped to visit Boston College.

He has offers from Georgia Tech, UVA, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Iowa State, DePaul, Illinois, Xavier and mid majors

He's visited Illinois, Marquette, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Iowa State, Dayton, Xavier, Ball State, Saint Louis.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:56 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:

Yeah 2014 PF Justin Johnson (KY) named BC his leader with Western Kentucky recently. He also has offers from Providence and Stanford
There are a few more kids with who may or may not be interested but I'm not sure. Paschal Chukwu, Mack Mercer, Payton Dastrup, Sam Dingba, Rashard Kelly, Jalen Norman, Gregory Malinowski. Some of those kids have plenty of high major offers and some have BC as their only high major offer.

Watching Johnson at the latest Tournament will leave you sad. He'd be a great fit in Al's offense. I dont really understand the fit here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Is there a normal amount of known players with reciprocal interest in other years?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Is there a normal amount of known players with reciprocal interest in other years?

HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum