Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:05 am

781 {l Wrote}:I thought this was a recruitment thread? because all i see is topics about the past and debates about the upcoming season

I'm sorry that your New England recruiting agenda is not receiving the attention you believe it deserves.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
781 {l Wrote}:I thought this was a recruitment thread? because all i see is topics about the past and debates about the upcoming season

I'm sorry that your New England recruiting agenda is not receiving the attention you believe it deserves.

Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Travis Jorgenson decommitted from Missouri. He's also playing at New Hampton this year

I don't know that there is roster space for another 6' PG.

It wouldn't happen anyway; the fact that Jorgenson decommitted after Missouri signed another PG for 2013 leads me to think he's concerned about PT. BC already has a rotation of four in the backcourt, including two PGs and one combo guard; five would definitely be a crowd. I expect BC to add another guard in 2014, but definitely not in 2013.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Dingba has reclassified to 2014; he's doing a postgrad year at Salisbury to improve his academic preparation for college. Could this reopen the possibility of recruiting him? Certainly he's going to attract more high-major offers in 2014, so it wouldn't be easy.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Mr. Baron,

It is my belief that Dingba and BC have parted ways.

-BCHerbert
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 pm

According to Illinois Prep Bulls-eye, BC offeree Evan Boudreaux (2015) is taking a very proactive approach to his recruitment. Boudreaux, who has offers from Northwestern and BC and strong interest from a lot of other schools, had already visited Stanford and Iowa before his unofficial visit to BC. He has unofficial visits set up at Michigan, Northwestern, Dartmouth, and Michigan State, and is also trying to arrange unofficials to De Paul and Purdue before the end of the fall term. If this kid puts as much effort into his game as he's putting into his recruitment, he's going to be an extremely desirable, but probably also an extremely tough, get.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 pm

6'2 PG Jafar Kinsey Jamesville-DeWitt HS is visiting BC this weekend per The Recruit Scoop
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Ron Patterson (Brewster Academy) to Syracuse
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:48 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:6'2 PG Jafar Kinsey Jamesville-DeWitt HS is visiting BC this weekend per The Recruit Scoop

The good news: Kinsey's highlight video looks very encouraging -- good athleticism, fairly complete skill set -- and he's still relatively unknown, having been overshadowed on his team by Dajuan Coleman and Tyler Cavanaugh.
The bad news: he's living and playing in Syracuse's back yard. If Boeheim wants him, he won't be easy to lure away.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Brablc on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Travis Jorgenson decommitted from Missouri. He's also playing at New Hampton this year

It wouldn't happen anyway; the fact that Jorgenson decommitted after Missouri signed another PG for 2013 leads me to think he's concerned about PT. BC already has a rotation of four in the backcourt, including two PGs and one combo guard; five would definitely be a crowd. I expect BC to add another guard in 2014, but definitely not in 2013.

Does Daniels transferring put Jorgenson back into the picture?
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Brablc {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

More than likely
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Brablc {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'll wait until I hear it, but there's definitely a possibility.

UPDATE: This pretty much confirms it:

All of these things that happen – they’re all part of growing the program. I think the guys are going to miss him. He’s a great kid and he was a great member of our program. We’re a tight knit family. I think in that part we’re still trying to get used to him not being here. We’ll get over it, fortunately – or unfortunately depending on what way you want to look at it. I think we’ll be a good basketball team. I’m real confident in the guys that are playing. Going forward you’ve obviously got to make sure you get another guy that can handle the ball and I think we’ll do that over the next couple recruiting classes.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:37 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
Brablc {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'll wait until I hear it, but there's definitely a possibility.

UPDATE: This pretty much confirms it:

All of these things that happen – they’re all part of growing the program. I think the guys are going to miss him. He’s a great kid and he was a great member of our program. We’re a tight knit family. I think in that part we’re still trying to get used to him not being here. We’ll get over it, fortunately – or unfortunately depending on what way you want to look at it. I think we’ll be a good basketball team. I’m real confident in the guys that are playing. Going forward you’ve obviously got to make sure you get another guy that can handle the ball and I think we’ll do that over the next couple recruiting classes.

Particular attention should be paid to that last phrase, "over the next couple recruiting classes." That includes 2014, where BC is making a hard run at Kaleb Joseph, and also looking at a bunch of other guards.. Donahue may still be thinking in terms of a guard in 2014 rather than 2013, despite the opening created by Daniels' departure. On the other hand, Jorgenson is obviously someone he'd be happy to have, and Jorgenson had an apparently good visit to BC just before he committed to Missouri, so BC has a bit of a head start with him. This raises a knot of questions. Will BC give up recruiting a guard for 2014 if they sign Jorgenson? Or would Donahue be happy with five guards because he wants to run a three-guard offense a lot of the time? Jackson is going to get a lot of PT with Daniels gone, so it's unlikely that he'll leave. Daniels' departure leaves Donahue with a situation in which he could go in a lot of different directions; we'll have to wait and see whether Jorgenson becomes part of the picture.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I hope we are done with this class. I think Owens fills a vital piece of the BC squad. I also think he will excel with Donahue and I like him better than several of the other players we were looking at.

Although our depth is lacking at PF and C, I am not too concerned. Clifford and Anderson have the potential to be stars in the ACC and even with Donahue's up-tempo offense, I have no doubt they will be able to play a good 30-35 minutes. By 2013 Caudill and Odio should be serviceable for some minutes to give our guys some rest. We could also give Anderson or Clifford rest by using lineups by temporarily moving Owens to the 4 and playing Dragicivich at the 3. I really don't think size is that big of an issue with two true centers, a true PF (Anderson), an athletic swing forward (Owens) and a couple other players who can play the 3 (Heckmann and Dragicevich). Not to mention it seems like Donahue likes playing fast 3-guard lineups. Also, if Odio is able to contribute at all, it is certainly an added bonus.

If we use one of our remaining 2 scholarships in 2013, we better be confident that the player is good enough to hang with the ACC's best. BC is showing serious interest in 2013 Junior Etou who would be a great pick up but we may be too behind in his recruitment.

I fucking hate any discussion over preserving schollies for next year's class. Kids leave every freaking year. Odio and Caudill are getting to the up-or-out stages of their career. BC sits back... passes on 4s... ever chasing the supposed awesome class of next year where we are eternally doing much better with. Then, Caudill doesn't get better and Odio transfers to see more playing time. And, suddenly, everyone is surprised and we go around offering any Cornell-level player who is taller than 6'6" in the hopes that one of these stiffs won't be truly terrible. Is Spazoo is Don's recruiting coordinator.

The terrible news about Jordan Daniels gets this bumped.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 am

Vonleh's a Hoosier.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Vonleh's a Hoosier.

Fun fact: BC is 2-0 against Indiana in the NCAA tourney. BC also beat Indiana in their last encounter two years ago in the ACC/Big 10 challenge.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:53 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

Fun fact: BC is 2-0 against Indiana in the NCAA tourney. BC also beat Indiana in their last encounter two years ago in the ACC/Big 10 challenge.

No surprise: as Vonleh himself noted, Indiana has pursued him harder than anyone else, and the fans began chanting "we want Noah" when he appeared at courtside for Indiana's home opener Friday. That sort of all-out recruiting by a big-name program is hard to resist. In any case, I'm relieved that Vonleh will be far away from BC; he's not a player I'd care to see at the opposite end of the court, and he should be collecting big bucks in the NBA long before BC plays Indiana again.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

No surprise: as Vonleh himself noted, Indiana has pursued him harder than anyone else, and the fans began chanting "we want Noah" when he appeared at courtside for Indiana's home opener Friday. That sort of all-out recruiting by a big-name program is hard to resist. In any case, I'm relieved that Vonleh will be far away from BC; he's not a player I'd care to see at the opposite end of the court, and he should be collecting big bucks in the NBA long before BC plays Indiana again.

1994 sweet sixteen. when was the other time in the dance? Wasn't the elder Knight also the coach of TEX TECH when we beat them in the tourney a 5-6 years ago?
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

1994 sweet sixteen. when was the other time in the dance? Wasn't the elder Knight also the coach of TEX TECH when we beat them in the tourney a 5-6 years ago?

I think it was '95 Scoonie's first year. I want to say we beat Indiana in the first round and then lost to Stephon Marbury's Georgia Tech team in round 2.

And yes, we beat TT with Knight as the coach.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 am

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

I think it was '95 Scoonie's first year. I want to say we beat Indiana in the first round and then lost to Stephon Marbury's Georgia Tech team in round 2.

1996, but yes. The Indiana win was an upset.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

1996, but yes. The Indiana win was an upset.

Yeah my senior year 95 we sucked. Post Curley/Eisley/Abram/Huckaby.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Hanlan and Rahon's obvious talent reaffirms my confidence in the Steve's ability to recruit without Joe Jones.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:02 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Hanlan and Rahon's obvious talent reaffirms my confidence in the Steve's ability to recruit without Joe Jones.

Meh, I guess so, Hope no one gets hurt
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby QuailMan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Adam Finkelstein ‏@FinkelsteinNERR
@NMHbasketball Sam Donahue will walk on at Boston College next year. D1 scholarship caliber player in my opinion.

QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:58 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:Adam Finkelstein ‏@FinkelsteinNERR
@NMHbasketball Sam Donahue will walk on at Boston College next year. D1 scholarship caliber player in my opinion.

Love it. Had some D-1 offers. Can play a role next season.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joesim on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

What schools?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

What schools?

Marist, Vermont are the ones I know
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:52 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

What schools?

Marist, Vermont are the ones I know

Donahue is an interesting acquisition who might conceivably prove to be a steal. As the video shows, he has one exceptional skill -- he's a tremendous outside shooter (96 threes, a school record, for Northfield Mount Hermon last season) -- and that fits very well with Donahue's (the coach, that is) style of play. The rest of his game looks at least competent; whether it's up to high-major level remains to be seen. If his all-around play can handle ACC competition, he could be really useful -- but then he'd probably have to get a scholarship. As it is, at least he gives hope of some relief for the backcourt rotation next season.

By the way, the long-range shooting appears to run in the family; his baby brother Matthew (class of 2016) made 11 threes in a middle school game last season, and might be worth keeping an eye on.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 am

Decent for a walk-on. We need another 2013 guard
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 781 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am

Donahue is a IVY League caliber guard but with that said if Donahue can utilize him the right way then we're looking at the best outside shooter since Sean Marshall. But Donahue is an even better shooter than Marshall but can't create his own shot of the dribble. i like this pick up as a walk on. Comes from a long line of brothers that are known for shooting. Their mom spent endless nights with them on their jumpshot.
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum