Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:28 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Nice update.
The College Basketball Recruiting Period just ended and now it is the so called "quiet period" until September 9th. News will die down a little bit but not much. Still plenty happening and coaches are still in hot pursuit of these young prospects.

Pretty pathetic that we should anticipate even less recruiting news. Hard to believe that is possible for a major college program.

I don't pay attention to any 2015 recruits (just like I don't follow the BB recruiting of Arizona State as both are completely inconsequential to BC's future). Do we have reciprocal interest from any 2014 prospects beyond: Cimino, Uhl, Shayock and Pickens?

Is there a normal amount of known players with reciprocal interest in other years?

While I do think HJS overstates his case, a defense of BC hoop recruiting looks like this right now:

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:33 am

youth, cupboard's empty, these excuses are okay for basketball but not football...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby joeyfenn on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:10 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:Didn't 4 star C Sean O'Mara have us as his leader at one point?

Not sure where we stand. I spoke with him last summer and he had hoped to visit Boston College.

He has offers from Georgia Tech, UVA, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Iowa State, DePaul, Illinois, Xavier and mid majors

He's visited Illinois, Marquette, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Iowa State, Dayton, Xavier, Ball State, Saint Louis.

Sean O'Mara isn't considering BC any more. We never led.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:23 pm

can somebody please update the list of current targets and place them into three categories

(1) actually possible, (B) weird0 possible, (iii) never ever possible in 15 gary tranquil lifetimes
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can somebody please update the list of current targets and place them into three categories

(1) actually possible, (B) weird0 possible, (iii) never ever possible in 15 gary tranquil lifetimes

I would actually prefer that you start a new Commits/Recruiting thread since your quitting of the board circa 2011(?) ruined the functionality of the "view first unread post" feature in this thread.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can somebody please update the list of current targets and place them into three categories

I would actually prefer that you start a new Commits/Recruiting thread since your quitting of the board circa 2011(?) ruined the functionality of the "view first unread post" feature in this thread.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Ha, wasn't meant to be harsh. I like TRE on the Alumni Stadium and Mary Ann's boards. I don't like Conte Forum TRE as much.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

THIS

hansenpost
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:31 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Ha, wasn't meant to be harsh. I like TRE on the Alumni Stadium and Mary Ann's boards. I don't like Conte Forum TRE as much.

Why is that? Is Conte Forum TRE too negative and doesn't wash the balls thoroughly enough for your liking?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Ha, wasn't meant to be harsh. I like TRE on the Alumni Stadium and Mary Ann's boards. I don't like Conte Forum TRE as much.

Why is that? Is Conte Forum TRE too negative and doesn't wash the balls thoroughly enough for your liking?

That's one of the reasons. I also don't like his BULLYING of the only students who show up for hoops games. I don't care if they're dressed like dogs or apostles, as long as they are in attendance.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

you fucksticks are just as capable of creating new threads as i am.

go to the conte forum index page, click on "new topic", enter thread name "2015 recruiting - (aka - it will never happen)," talk about all the kids that will be going to other schools and how that's okay because we pulled a 13th small forward that can't really shoot that well. repeat as necessary.

i'd further suggest you don't bother me with this again or i'll post a whole lot in your new thread and then delete my posts one more time :ganesh
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 am

Our 6'11" guy this year is pretty much a SF who shoots in well with good basketball IQ.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Our 6'11" guy this year is pretty much a SF who shoots in well with good basketball IQ.

We already knew Magarity was skinny, European, and the son of a coach, so this is unsurprising. He looks/sounds rather like Clifford with a better mid-range/perimeter shot. Any rebounding we get from him will exceed expectations.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:32 am

‏@NEsports_
2015 G CJ Keyser (MD) is taking an unofficial visit to Boston College today. Lots of midmajor offers and high major interest. @_cjkeyser22

Offers from Boston College, Towson, BU, Drexel, Duquesne, Fordham, St. Joseph's, St Bonaventure, Marshall, UMBC

Interest from Virginia Tech, Iowa, Xavier, La Salle, Washington, Penn State, George Mason, Radford
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Why would anyone listen to Militant about anything? Can you put this thread back together or somehow consolidate the now 8 Recruiting threads?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:00 am

Dom Uhl to visit BC 9/5
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:31 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Dom Uhl to visit BC 9/5

You've repeated me 3 times in the last 24 hours on this board. I love your content but read the other stuff before you post
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:12 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:

You've repeated me 3 times in the last 24 hours on this board. I love your content but read the other stuff before you post

Sorry man
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:

Sorry man

Fight more
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 am

This week in BC hoops recruiting. Feel free to copy and paste or comment on the blog

http://recruitne.blogspot.com/2013/08/this-week-in-boston-college-basketball_11.html
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Why would anyone listen to Militant about anything?

Because I know everything
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:10 am

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 am

Chukwu is visiting BC Sunday. Apparently he is one of Don's top targets.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:57 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Chukwu is visiting BC Sunday. Apparently he is one of Don's top targets.

This is great news. Where did you hear this?

2014 Pachal Chukwu (CT) is 7'2 with offers from BC, UConn, Providence, Maryland, Villanova, Xavier, Purdue, St John's, Saint Joseph's. Providence is heavily favored
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:54 am

I will eat my hat if chukwu doesn't go to providence
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Guy is from the jesuit high school i went to...bc feeder school in a bc feeder area...and don doesn't have a chance.

what a joke.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:30 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Guy is from the jesuit high school i went to...bc feeder school in a bc feeder area...and don doesn't have a chance.

what a joke.

this
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:55 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Guy is from the jesuit high school i went to...bc feeder school in a bc feeder area...and don doesn't have a chance.

what a joke.

What if joe jones was still here?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Chukwu is visiting BC Sunday. Apparently he is one of Don's top targets.

This is great news. Where did you hear this?

2014 Pachal Chukwu (CT) is 7'2 with offers from BC, UConn, Providence, Maryland, Villanova, Xavier, Purdue, St John's, Saint Joseph's. Providence is heavily favored

TOS
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Evan Flood of Badgers247 predicted a day ago that Matt Cimino would pick BC...here's the link to Cimino's 247 page, go down the page to "crystal ball" to see the BC prediction: http://247sports.com/Player/Matt-Cimino-23430
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum