Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Owens has crazy ups. He' a plus defender at the 2/3 and can defend the 4
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 pm

If he become a Tony Allen type of player, who is a no star recruit, Coach D would have struck gold. I hope he blows up. Defend the 4? America East not the ACC.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 pm

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:If he become a Tony Allen type of player, who is a no star recruit, Coach D would have struck gold. I hope he blows up. Defend the 4? America East not the ACC.

Ugh. The ACC largely sucks. And he's big enough to defend the 4 anyway.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 781 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:42 pm

New Hampton's Travis Jorgenson is on BC'S campus right now for an official visit
n00b

Postby joeyfenn on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 pm

781 {l Wrote}:New Hampton's Travis Jorgenson is on BC'S campus right now for an official visit

Would be a good get. Offers from Creighton, OKlahoma State, Missouri, Virginia, Rice and others. We would be pretty set at the guard positions for the next few years
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby bird3310 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Jorgensons latest offers are georgia tech, Rutgers, k state, Nebraska and George Washington. Will be interested to hear how this visit to bc goes
bird3310
n00b

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 am

We are still going after 2014 6'8 Abdul Malik Abu. He would be a star recruit and help to add other New England talent. Him and Anderson together would be filthy.

Expressions Elite ‏@XEliteBasketbal
"Head coaches, Kevin Ollie (Uconn), Mark Turgeon (Maryland) Bruce Weber (Kansas State) and Steve Donahue (BC) for Abdul Malik Abu @HoopMTN"

That being said I think we have zero chance. He has offers from the entire country
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:43 am

The Eagles have a big visitor this weekend as Rivals150 2013 point guard Travis Jorgenson is in town for an official visit. It is the first official visit that Jorgenson has taken this fall/spring. Jorgenson was originally a Missouri commitment but de-committed in the fall. BC, Oklahoma State, Illinois, Alabama, and Creighton are some of the bigger name schools that are going after Jorgenson.

Jorgenson is a native of Columbia, MO but is playing at New Hampton Prep in New Hampshire this year. That fact that Jorgenson is prepping at New Hampton helps BC in some capacity, as it has a strong connection with the prep school. It's the school that Olivier Hanlan played at, and before him, Brady Heslip.

If Jorgenson committed to BC, he would be the highest ranked recruit who committed to BC under Donahue. The staff envisions him, Rahon, and Hanlan all playing together in the future.

Big Man on Radar

The injuries to Dennis Clifford and Ryan Anderson have enforced everyone's preseason fears that the Eagles need more help in the front court. The Eagles hope that help may be on the way from Massanutten Military Academy. If that name sounds familiar, that's because it's where current commit Garland Owens goes to school. Could teammates of Owens' be joining him?

Last weekend, 6'7" power forward Rashard Kelly visited the Heights. Kelly is being recruited by Seton Hall along with some CAA programs, and the Eagles are in the mix.

One coach told me, "He is like one of the power forwards that Al Skinner used to recruit. A little undersized, but tough as nails and has a great IQ. He reminds me of Corey Raji but he's taller and longer than Raji was."

The comparison to a player that Skinner used to recruit isn't too surprising since Northeastern's Bill Coen is recruiting Kelly.

The words that I keep hearing when I ask about Kelly are "tough, physical, and high motor". Kelly is pretty good with his back to the basket and is athletic. He needs to work on his ball skills a bit.

It seems pretty clear that in the 2013 recruiting class, Donahue and his staff are putting more of a premium on athleticism and toughness.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Any idea how Jorgenson liked his trip and when he will decide?
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:44 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Any idea how Jorgenson liked his trip and when he will decide?

Eric Bossi is hearing very good things about BC's chances w Jorgenson according to Hoff.

They would take both Kelly and Jorgenson.

Hoff says he thinks BC has a better shot at Kelly though.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:47 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Any idea how Jorgenson liked his trip and when he will decide?

Eric Bossi is hearing very good things about BC's chances w Jorgenson according to Hoff.

They would take both Kelly and Jorgenson.

Hoff says he thinks BC has a better shot at Kelly though.

That's great news. Obviously BC has better chances with kelly though, as their only competition is Seton hall
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bird3310 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 am

I'm hearing jorgenson may make a decision by the end of Christmas break. Hearing its down to bc, Creighton, georgia tech, Rutgers, Purdue and Unc Greensboro who has some new Hampton ties but that bc is clearly the team to beat! I heard he loved his visit this weekend to bc and will be at Creighton Wednesday night for a unofficial.
bird3310
n00b

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:27 am

bird3310 {l Wrote}:I'm hearing jorgenson may make a decision by the end of Christmas break. Hearing its down to bc, Creighton, georgia tech, Rutgers, Purdue and Unc Greensboro who has some new Hampton ties but that bc is clearly the team to beat! I heard he loved his visit this weekend to bc and will be at Creighton Wednesday night for a unofficial.

That's pretty sweet. He didn't really narrow it down at all considering those are like all of his offers...but I like BC's position
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 am

bird3310 {l Wrote}:I'm hearing jorgenson may make a decision by the end of Christmas break. Hearing its down to bc, Creighton, georgia tech, Rutgers, Purdue and Unc Greensboro who has some new Hampton ties but that bc is clearly the team to beat! I heard he loved his visit this weekend to bc and will be at Creighton Wednesday night for a unofficial.

No OK State? Wow...I heard they wanted him BADLY.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby bird3310 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 am

Actually according to one of Travis's aau coaches out of Kansas City travis has trimmed it down tremendously. I guess travis is not big into doing interviews so people aren't aware of his new offer list. I was told since decomitting he has 12 new offers that aren't reported on his rivals web page and the schools still on his rivals page were offers he received before he committed to mizzou in August of 2011.
bird3310
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 am

‏@BeantownSports4
Hearing BC is the team to beat for Travis Jorgenson. Compliments @Owens_5 and possibly @WizKellyy well. @SoaringtoGlory @bcinterruption

I think Beantown posts here so H/T to him
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
‏@BeantownSports4
Hearing BC is the team to beat for Travis Jorgenson. Compliments @Owens_5 and possibly @WizKellyy well. @SoaringtoGlory @bcinterruption

I think Beantown posts here so H/T to him

I took it from the EO poster, so don't read much into this
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Fitchburg's Angel Nunez left Louisville's program today..... :shrug
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Fitchburg's Angel Nunez left Louisville's program today..... :shrug

Donahue is nuts not to pursue him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Fitchburg's Angel Nunez left Louisville's program today..... :shrug

Donahue is nuts not to pursue him.

Actually he's from NY, he played at Notre Dame prep in Fitchburg, my bad
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 am

BCeaglesfan,

I'm not ripping on you, rather just making an observation about how social media is kind of funny, but can you confirm the following sequence of events (or correct them):

1) bird3310 posts in this thread that he has heard that BC is Jorgenson's favorite;
2) you post on twitter (beantownsports4) that you have heard a rumor that BC is Jorgenson's favorite;
3) Claver then posts a copy of your tweet back to this thread.

Therefore, bird3310's rumor appears to be coming from multiple sources.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:BCeaglesfan,

I'm not ripping on you, rather just making an observation about how social media is kind of funny, but can you confirm the following sequence of events (or correct them):

1) bird3310 posts in this thread that he has heard that BC is Jorgenson's favorite;
2) you post on twitter (beantownsports4) that you have heard a rumor that BC is Jorgenson's favorite;
3) Claver then posts a copy of your tweet back to this thread.

Therefore, bird3310's rumor appears to be coming from multiple sources.

Eric Bossi of Rivals.com said he heard the same thing, so it probably must be true
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 pm

@tcoghilljr
Ex-Chancellor hoops standout Rashard Kelly just returned from official visit to #BCEagles. The 6-7 forward says BC is his No. 1 choice
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:26 pm

How do people feel about a Jorgensen, Owens and Kelly class of 2013?

I'd give it a solid B. Highly rated PG and a couple high level athletes.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:How do people feel about a Jorgensen, Owens and Kelly class of 2013?

B is about right. Jorgenson would be a steal. Owens and Kelly play on the best high school prep team in the nation, and are impact players. (Owens averages 12ppg after converting to a bench role) (Kelly starts)
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:How do people feel about a Jorgensen, Owens and Kelly class of 2013?

Kelly is the key for me, but I give it a B+. Those three players fit the profile of what is needed on the roster. The next coach should be happy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm

B sounds about right, maybe a B+. Both Owens and Kelly would help a lot.

Jorgensen would be a nice addition too. I like Hanlan but he plays a very different game than say Daniels. Hanlan is more of a shooter/slasher. I am hoping Jorgensen fits more of the ballhandling/passing role that Daniels excelled at.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

Jorgensen would be a nice addition too. I like Hanlan but he plays a very different game than say Daniels. Hanlan is more of a shooter/slasher. I am hoping Jorgensen fits more of the ballhandling/passing role that Daniels excelled at.

I do not agree with this assessment of the games of Olivier Hanlan or Jordan Daniels.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Class of 2013 small forward Rashard Kelly is versatile, plays good defense, rebounds and blocks shots.

There you go
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:

I do not agree with this assessment of the games of Olivier Hanlan or Jordan Daniels.

He's right about Hanlan, he's a better shooter/slasher than playmaker
Shaddix
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum