Noreen to WVU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Noreen to WVU

Postby Harry Seaward on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:would you rather play for a Final Four team or a team that will almost certainly finish at the bottom of the ACC next year?

I honestly don't think this matters.

Two reasons to pick a college:

a) which school will give me the best opportunity to play in the NBA
b) if a pro career doesn't happen, which school do I like the best - that could be based on education, pussy, drugs/alcohol, whatever.

I just don't think that going to the Final Four is that big of a factor when recruits choose a school.
Harry Seaward
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:would you rather play for a Final Four team or a team that will almost certainly finish at the bottom of the ACC next year?

b) if a pro career doesn't happen, which school do I like the best - that could be based on education, pussy, drugs/alcohol, whatever.

I just don't think that going to the Final Four is that big of a factor when recruits choose a school.

Yeah. National exposure on the biggest stage isn't important for any of the motivations you posted above, either.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:25 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

Yeah. National exposure on the biggest stage isn't important for any of the motivations you posted above, either.

Indeed.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

The gigantic fail of this post is that it couldn't possibly explain Dook. They have terrible success putting players in the pros (Anyone seen Trajan Langdon lately?), the pussy is terrible, the parties are non-existent. The only other attraction is education, unless you're looking for a team that has a ton of success and goes to lots of Final Fours. And they have a ton of success recruiting. Unless you think they're all just charmed by Coach Rat Face into spending 4 years in Durham playing in front of hordes of chanting nerds?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

The gigantic fail of this post is that it couldn't possibly explain Dook. They have terrible success putting players in the pros (Anyone seen Trajan Langdon lately?), the pussy is terrible, the parties are non-existent. The only other attraction is education, unless you're looking for a team that has a ton of success and goes to lots of Final Fours. And they have a ton of success recruiting. Unless you think they're all just charmed by Coach Rat Face into spending 4 years in Durham playing in front of hordes of chanting nerds?

Ever heard the phrase "are you ready for Maggette"?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

dook basketball players are like hollywood stars on the tobacco fields of durham, north carolina. sure, they may not pan out in the pros - but what says they would have if they went anywhere else. as a result, they take their fame and fortune from age 18 -21... can't say i blame them.

besides, where else is shavlik randolph and his ilk getting pussy OR accolades?

You don't think the various Plumlee's could pull tail at BC?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

Is that what he says before he enters you?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:55 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

Is that what he says before he enters you?

:boxer
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:05 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Here's an article about Noreen's recruitment, particularly his relationship with Coach Eastern Clothing of Watertown.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/wvubasketb ... ory/id/905

It goes to show how important relationships are in this business. The irony is that he eventually picked WVU with seemingly no connection in place.

A couple of impressions from reading that:

1. Noreen didn't like the idea of being one of the leaders of a team that was rebuilding.
2. I wouldn't be surprised if Al steered him away from BC out of spite.

Thanks OJ, I wouldn't have expected anything less out of you.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Here's an article about Noreen's recruitment, particularly his relationship with Coach Eastern Clothing of Watertown.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/wvubasketb ... ory/id/905

It goes to show how important relationships are in this business. The irony is that he eventually picked WVU with seemingly no connection in place.

A couple of impressions from reading that:

1. Noreen didn't like the idea of being one of the leaders of a team that was rebuilding.
2. I wouldn't be surprised if Al steered him away from BC out of spite.

Thanks OJ, I wouldn't have expected anything less out of you.

I'd like to point out I don't condone or support that recent OJism. That notion is absolutely ridiculous.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
Harry Seaward {l Wrote}:

dook basketball players are like hollywood stars on the tobacco fields of durham, north carolina. sure, they may not pan out in the pros - but what says they would have if they went anywhere else. as a result, they take their fame and fortune from age 18 -21... can't say i blame them.

besides, where else is shavlik randolph and his ilk getting pussy OR accolades?

Also, Dicky V dips his head in oil and rubs it all over them, George Costanza style.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum