GAME 6 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

GAME 6 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Lets see...OLD PUB you go first you stupid lying baby maker.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: GAME 6 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

This will either be a Celtic blowout or a Laker close win. No in between. If the Lakers show, the game will be close enough for the NBA to guarantee a game seven.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This will either be a Celtic blowout or a Laker close win. No in between. If the Lakers show, the game will be close enough for the NBA to guarantee a game seven.

Lakers: 165
Celtics: 42

Have to go with the same prediction that got me here. Seriously, though, I think LA wins Game 6 by a comfortable margin. I see one of those parade to the FT line type games....for LA only.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

A Celtic ass raping isn't likely simply because the Lakers are playing at home. I don't think they'll quit the way they did 2 years ago on the road. If the Celtics win this game they'll have to walk through hell to do it, because in no way shape or form are they getting any breaks from the refs in this one (Bill Kennedy is an absolute stone cold lead pipe lock to ref this game). So if they win, it'll be close. The more likely scenario is that the Lakers come out and hit everything and build a decent lead of 10-15 points. How they react to the first time the Celtics push back will determine the game.

I think the Lakers win this one semi-comfortably and set up a game 7 where Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, and Lamar Odom will collectively shit their pants and allow the Celtics a fairly comfortable win.

Lakers 104
Celtics 91
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:59 pm

The Celtics have thoroughly out-played the Lakers these past 2 games, yet, the line for Game 6 will be somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. There's a reason for that. Everybody and their mother knows that the Celtics will need to shoot like Kobe in the 3rd quarter tonight in order to win Game 6 in LA.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:The Celtics have thoroughly out-played the Lakers these past 2 games, yet, the line for Game 6 will be somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. There's a reason for that. Everybody and their mother knows that the Celtics will need to shoot like Kobe in the 3rd quarter tonight in order to win Game 6 in LA.

The line is -6.

Last night we saw what happens to this matchup when more than one of the Celtics future Hall of Famers show up. I don't think the Celtics will need to shoot lights out. They just need one more solid performance from both Pierce and Garnett at the same time. If Allen and Rondo decide to have big games as well, all the better.

I believe we have a much better shot of taking game 6 than we do game 7, barring ref intervention. Another key to this series appears to be Bynum being done.

It is likely that whoever wins game 6, wins the Championship.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:25 am

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:The Celtics have thoroughly out-played the Lakers these past 2 games, yet, the line for Game 6 will be somewhere in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. There's a reason for that. Everybody and their mother knows that the Celtics will need to shoot like Kobe in the 3rd quarter tonight in order to win Game 6 in LA.

The line is -6.

Last night we saw what happens to this matchup when more than one of the Celtics future Hall of Famers show up. I don't think the Celtics will need to shoot lights out. They just need one more solid performance from both Pierce and Garnett at the same time. If Allen and Rondo decide to have big games as well, all the better.

I believe we have a much better shot of taking game 6 than we do game 7, barring ref intervention. Another key to this series appears to be Bynum being done.

It is likely that whoever wins game 6, wins the Championship.

I don't see a score Pubic Hair. ASSHOLE!

Wow, ya think Bynum being crippled most of the series has had aa team ripple effect? ASSHOLE!

ASSHOLE!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:37 am

Here is something original.

Think you senile old fuck and try and match my genius or content...

How about starting Lamar Odom at center like the Lakers did with Magic in his rookie year when Kareem went down and the Lakers won the title? 42 points as a Center --from playing Point Guard.

How about using Mbenga for 7 or 8 minutes?

...or even start Mbenga at Center for a lift and then bring in Odom.

Adam Morrison how about some minutes like versus OKC?

Bynum may come back, but the way he was limping and dragging and getting one rebound?

He was as bad an Doornkamp or Oates or Blair or SORRY AL......

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:24 am

Awful Laker officiating sends this one to a Game 7

Lakers 102
Celtics 94
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 am

I'm now seeing LA -7. America knows that the Celtics are about to be Kobe'd by the refs.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:I'm now seeing LA -7. America knows that the Celtics are about to be Kobe'd by the refs.

that's interesting because i think it will be closer than that... celtics will win by 2.5 possessions - close enough to make it exciting but not close enough to have a buzzer beater undo all the jobbing up to that point

Well, Vegas is daring you to put money on the Celtics. Whenever Vegas flaunts a sexy line, there's usually a reason. I'm predicting a pretty sizeable FT disparity in favor of the Lakers. Not exactly a :shock of a prediction.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:57 pm

I never really followed the NBA ref gambling scandal, didn't read that ref's book, so I'm not familiar with the inner-fixings. But is NBA front office interference/influence on the refs closer to truth or consipiracy theory with no evidence?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:16 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I never really followed the NBA ref gambling scandal, didn't read that ref's book, so I'm not familiar with the inner-fixings. But is NBA front office interference/influence on the refs closer to truth or consipiracy theory with no evidence?

No hard evidence on it as far as this series...but see what your eyes tell you when you watch the game Tuesday Night. If Ray Allen gets anywhere near Kobe the refs are just going to call foul after foul. I'm preparing to be super pissed off during the game and throwing things around my living room.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:25 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I never really followed the NBA ref gambling scandal, didn't read that ref's book, so I'm not familiar with the inner-fixings. But is NBA front office interference/influence on the refs closer to truth or consipiracy theory with no evidence?

It falls into the category of "so blatently obvious you are a fucktard if you don't think they interfere/influence the game."

It's not usually the outcome, it's usually managing the score to keep TVs on. But the difference between Game 6 of the Finals and Game 7 in terms of cash to the league and network = watch out for the fix.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It falls into the category of "so blatently obvious you are a fucktard if you don't think they interfere/influence the game."

It's not usually the outcome, it's usually managing the score to keep TVs on. But the difference between Game 6 of the Finals and Game 7 in terms of cash to the league and network = watch out for the fix.

I just don't see how a top NBA executive would send that message to the refs and risk having it leaked to the press. A ref could record the conversation and play it for everybody to hear. Write a book and make a ton of money. I think the Lakers may get more of the calls because it is human nature for the refs to give the benefit of the doubt to the home team and its 20,000 supporters.
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:55 pm

NBA Front Office = The Cabal
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 pm

The NBA doesn't fix games (well, except for that 2002 LAL/SAC game, which was fixed). They can influence games either subtly or not so subtly. If the refs let this series be physical, the Lakers would have no chance. Everyone knows this, which is why the first 4 games were called incredibly tightly. And often times the FT numbers can be misleading. For instance, in Game 2 before LA had to intentionally foul the Celtics, they had out-shot the Celtics 39-16 from the FT line. That was the only reason why they stayed in that game. The final tally was 41-26, which doesn't seem as bad but doesn't tell the whole story. For the series, the Lakers have taken 144 FT's to Boston's 122. And in 2 games (Game 2/Game 5), they've had a 2:1 ratio in their favor for most of the game. If the Celtics ever had a FT advantage like that, LA would have no shot. However, they never do. Nobody ever will have a FT advantage like that against a Phil Jackson/Kobe Bryant tandem in a game that matters.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Shredder on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

The Lakers are falling apart and the Celtics will be more locked in than ever. Home-court and dubious reffing keep it closer than it should be but the Celtics still prevail.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Celtics +7 at -120.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 pm

I just called a moving screen on my wife and she slapped my hand away like Garnett and woofed me.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Shredder on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:48 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I just called a moving screen on my wife and she slapped my hand away like Garnett and woofed me.

Did you stumble backwards with your arms flailing like Artest?
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:31 am

Celtics 94
LA 91

It’s all over !!!!The only thing the Celtics will be doing on Thursday is riding on the duck boats !
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 am

No chance this doesn't go 7.

Refs 96
C's 87
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:30 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Bill Kennedy is an absolute stone cold lead pipe lock to ref this game)

I'm gonna put that prediction in my signature.

The officiating issues have taken a back seat to the play on the court in the last few games of the NBA Finals, but the refs could easily find themselves back in the spotlight if there are any controversial calls, or non-calls, in Game 6 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Tonight's referee assignments: Monty McCutchen, Joe DeRosa, and Ken Mauer.

McCutchen and Mauer worked Game 2 (with Mike Callahan) of the Finals in LA, which resulted in a 103-94 Celtics victory. DeRosa worked Game 1 (with Joe Crawford and Derrick Stafford), which resulted in a Lakers 102-89.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... feree.html
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Bill Kennedy is an absolute stone cold lead pipe lock to ref this game)

I'm gonna put that prediction in my signature.

The officiating issues have taken a back seat to the play on the court in the last few games of the NBA Finals, but the refs could easily find themselves back in the spotlight if there are any controversial calls, or non-calls, in Game 6 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Tonight's referee assignments: Monty McCutchen, Joe DeRosa, and Ken Mauer.

McCutchen and Mauer worked Game 2 (with Mike Callahan) of the Finals in LA, which resulted in a 103-94 Celtics victory. DeRosa worked Game 1 (with Joe Crawford and Derrick Stafford), which resulted in a Lakers 102-89.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... feree.html

That's good news for the non-conspiracy theorists. I'm among those who believe that while the league doesn't outright fix games, I think they assign refs who are vulnerable to home crowds to certain games when the road team is in control of a series. And Kennedy is one of those guys, and in addition, he was fined for tossing Doc Rivers from a game last year and making derogatory comments. Seemed like a logical choice under the circumstances.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I just called a moving screen on my wife and she slapped my hand away like Garnett and woofed me.

Did you stumble backwards with your arms flailing like Artest?

How did you know?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Lakers last gasp....

I went with 7 in October ..and somehow Bynum pulls a Willis Reed and two 19 year old Asian twins with big fake titties perform the Mr. Miagi leg crack and Elizabeth Shue gives him a monster FAF..FULL ASS FACIAL....and Bynum leads the Celtics to a Game 6 victory..

Lakers now -6 118

LA 102 Celtics 91

7-2 = I OWN YOU ALL!

If game 7 is tied 88-88 with 2 minutes to go..Kobe 34....Pierce with 5 fouls..Miss Cleo said she would marry me.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm

C's 95

LA 92
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

What the hell was that US National Anthem? Rene Rancourt >>> Christina Aguliera
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Perkins injury would be huge and change this series. Let's hope he can get back.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum