GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Just when the game was starting to get interesting, enter the refs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Speaking of which, do you think the NBA front office cringes every time they show a slow mo replay headed to break, the announcers are lauding the offensive board, and they get a frame by frame of Odom shoving Garnett under the hoop?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Just when the game was starting to get interesting, enter the refs.

The refs have an opportunity to be a factor here because of offensive rebounds conceded by the Celtics and turnovers. And we know fully well who is responsible for 50% of those turnovers.

We are shooting 60% for Christ's sake.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:21 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Just when the game was starting to get interesting, enter the refs.

The refs have an opportunity to be a factor here because of offensive rebounds conceded by the Celtics and turnovers. And we know fully well who is responsible for 50% of those turnovers.

We also know who was responsible for the two steals that just made it a double digit lead again. Good work. And I am not even a Rondo guy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Whoops. You had to know that when you bashed Rondo, you were likely to look like an idiot in the fourth quarter.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

We also know who was responsible for the two steals that just made it a double digit lead again. Good work. And I am not even a Rondo guy.

LOL...did you just refer to two steals that happened after our entire discussion about Rondo. A discussion which started when he already had 6 of his 7 turnovers. You are funny. Then, I know your stance on Rakim and Tuggle, so I know how you operate.

Rondo has had a good fourth quarter after not playing OK through 3 quarters.

Feel free to come back with arguments on how his performance on those 3 quarters was OK by referring to his performance on game 6. I am sure it will be a rock solid argument.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whoops. You had to know that when you bashed Rondo, you were likely to look like an idiot in the fourth quarter.

Actually, to the casual non-EO homer you appear to be the idiot. Almost consistently so.

Nothing will erase Rondo's 7 turnovers, which helped keep this game close for three quarters in spite of 60% shooting.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:27 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

LOL...did you just refer to two steals that happened after our entire discussion about Rondo. A discussion which started when he already had 6 of his 7 turnovers. You are funny. Then, I know your stance on Rakim and Tuggle, so I know how you operate.

Rondo has had a good fourth quarter after not playing OK through 3 quarters.

Feel free to come back with arguments on how his performance on those 3 quarters was OK by referring to his performance on game 6. I am sure it will be a rock solid argument.

Guy had 12 points, 8 assists through 3 quarters. Regardless, last I checked, they play 4 quarters.

You wanna bitch about somebody choking, check Ray Allen's three point shooting.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:29 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whoops. You had to know that when you bashed Rondo, you were likely to look like an idiot in the fourth quarter.

Actually, to the casual non-EO homer you appear to be the idiot. Almost consistently so.

Nothing will erase Rondo's 7 turnovers, which helped keep this game close for three quarters in spite of 60% shooting.

The game was close because Kobe Bryant was on fire. You are so stupid, I might christen the ignore button for the first time on the site. Let me know when Zander's newest recruiting update is posted on the premium EI board.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:31 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Bynum is useless. His knee is locked like cement.
Phil Jackson is not as smart as he is lucky.

Just like Van Gundy said...Bynum should be given Game 6 off and see if he can play Game 7...if they survive.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

The game was close because Kobe Bryant was on fire. You are so stupid, I might christen the ignore button for the first time on the site. Let me know when Zander's newest recruiting update is posted on the premium EI board.

Please do. It is no coincidence that you and OJ consume about 50% of the bandwidth in here being stubborn and stupid even when facts contrary to your opinions are staring in the face. I hope you understand there is a thin line separating the two of you.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:33 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Aren't you the douchebag who insulted my point spread picking now 7-2 VERIFIED AND POSTED??????

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Aren't you the douchebag who insulted my point spread picking now 7-2 VERIFIED AND POSTED??????

Predictable. I do remember your picks though. Orlando to come back from 3-2 and take the series. And then, Lakers to sweep the Celtics. 7-2, my ass.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Please do. It is no coincidence that you and OJ consume about 50% of the bandwidth in here being stubborn and stupid even when facts contrary to your opinions are staring in the face. I hope you understand there is a thin line separating the two of you.

Contrary facts? The guy is shooting 8-11 with 16 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, and currently a team leading +10. Yup, it's all his fault, and his 7 first half turnovers (none in the second half) that the the Lakers are in this game. It certainly couldn't be Kobe with 38 or Ray Allen missing another 4 threes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Make that 9-12 for 18 points.

You should have stuck with your point that Pierce was the man, not Rondo. That, at least, was right.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Take a fucking geritol baby maker.

Last 9 individual playoff gams if Phil Jackson is not right and the Celtics know how to lose....7-2

I hate POS liars like you.

I thought the Lakers sweep at 11-2 was a nice wager.

Shop me the orlando post you senile fuck.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Like said ---Rondo is good...real good.

Lakers shoulda fouled immediately there PHIL???

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Contrary facts? The guy is shooting 8-11 with 16 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, and currently a team leading +10. Yup, it's all his fault, and his 7 first half turnovers (none in the second half) that the the Lakers are in this game. It certainly couldn't be Kobe with 38 or Ray Allen missing another 4 threes.

The guy has had a good fourth quarter after making many "poor decisions" through the balance of the game. Overall, his play helped keep this thing close in spite of 60% shooting. In Yahoo sports, he is +5, the lowest of the starting lineup. You need to go back to "NBA school" and be taught the significance of 7 turnovers in just one half. But then, you are stubborn. It took you one year to yank Tuggle's picture from your sig.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Barring 40 point night from Kobe, I see Celtics winning big.

Celtics 105
Lakers 83

KOBE WAS HUGE AND YOUR SCORE WAS 22 POINT BLOWOUT.

You are stupid.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Make that 9-12 for 18 points.

You should have stuck with your point that Pierce was the man, not Rondo. That, at least, was right.

No...my point was that this is Garnett's and Pierce's team. You can keep recycling Rondo's good fourth quarter to mean him having three good quarters before the fourth.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:51 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:C's 92

LA 85

I had 100-91

WaterCannon was closest....very close....

Great pick!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Barring 40 point night from Kobe, I see Celtics winning big.

Celtics 105
Lakers 83

KOBE WAS HUGE AND YOUR SCORE WAS 22 POINT BLOWOUT.

You are stupid.

Old and slow.

KOBE was huge. Hence no blowout. It wasn't just Kobe though.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

The guy has had a good fourth quarter after making many "poor decisions" through the balance of the game. Overall, his play helped keep this thing close in spite of 60% shooting. In Yahoo sports, he is +5, the lowest of the starting lineup. You need to go back to "NBA school" and be taught the significance of 7 turnovers in just one half. But then, you are stubborn. It took you one year to yank Tuggle's picture from your sig.

I left it in my sig to get that precise response. Campion would be so proud of me, I hooked an ancient fish.

Yup, those seven turnovers were horrible. Far overshadowed his other contributions, like being responsible for 9-12 of that 60% shooting. Turnovers are everything, that's definitely why they lost right?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:54 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Make that 9-12 for 18 points.

No...my point was that this is Garnett's and Pierce's team. You can keep recycling Rondo's good fourth quarter to mean him having three good quarters before the fourth.

He had 12 points on 75% shooting and all 8 assists in the first three quarters. Yup, he was terrible.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

I left it in my sig to get that precise response. Campion would be so proud of me, I hooked an ancient fish.

Yup, those seven turnovers were horrible. Far overshadowed his other contributions, like being responsible for 9-12 of that 60% shooting. Turnovers are everything, that's definitely why they lost right?

Yeah...it was huge. Any other night, KG and Pierce performances like these yield blowout. Yet, 6 points at the half. Hence my aggravation with the 7 turnovers from Rondo (out of 10 total at that point). He made some amends in the fourth. Which is good.

Pierce and Garnett win us this game. Period.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

To chime in on all this, Rondo's numbers looked fantastic and he did make some nice plays, but he teetered on the edge of disaster throughout the game with some bad passes and poor decisions in general. They got away with it, but he needs to settle down.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Rondo: So/So first half, great second half.

Why is this a debate?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:To chime in on all this, Rondo's numbers looked fantastic and he did make some nice plays, but he teetered on the edge of disaster throughout the game with some bad passes and poor decisions in general. They got away with it, but he needs to settle down.

He was shaking passing in the first half, trying to force balls in deep. Other than that, he played a hell of a game, period.

The Lakers were in this game because Kobe was on fire in the third and because the NBA sent the Lakers to the FT line innumerable occasions. I don't think 7 possessions can turn a blow out into a tight game. Even if they shoot 60% on those possessions, you are talking 8 points.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:To chime in on all this, Rondo's numbers looked fantastic and he did make some nice plays, but he teetered on the edge of disaster throughout the game with some bad passes and poor decisions in general. They got away with it, but he needs to settle down.

The Lakers can't touch Rondo in the full court. He was sloppy tonight but you have to take the good with the bad with Rondo. He's usually a very good passer. If it gets to a slowdown half-court game, the Lakers have the advantage. Rondo was very successful in forcing the pace.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Rondo: So/So first half, great second half.

Why is this a debate?

The debate was taking place through three quarters (not just one half) of him "teetering along the edge of disaster" as EagleDave eloquently pointed out. His fourth quarter was good. I say that because he settled down. No turnovers in the fourth quarter. Note though that he added no assist in the fourth. He just settled, got 2 steals, made three buckets and pulled a couple of important boards.

I think the expectactions are high on him. I am glad we got away with his first half.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum