GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Two days of rest and Rasheed Wallace's back, Glen Davis, Allen and Robinson seem to be getting their mojo on.

6-2

Spread out later...

LAKERS ------91

CELTICS ----100

I am back on track for 7 games.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby branchinator on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Lakers: 165
Celtics: 42
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:09 pm

The streak is alive!!!

Must Win Games:

Game 5 vs. Miami WIN
Game 2 vs. Cleveland WIN
Game 5 vs. Cleveland WIN
Game 6 vs. Cleveland WIN
Game 6 vs. Orlando WIN
Game 2 vs. LA WIN
Game 4 vs. LA WIN
Game 5 vs. LA ????????

Still need to win Sunday to keep realistic championship hopes alive...gotta like the must-win streak!
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 pm

Game 5 versus Miami absolutely was not a must win, but I agree with the rest of them.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:54 pm

1. As we have seen and are seeing with Rasheed and KG, you can definitely play hurt, but can do so with limited effectiveness. Bynum has a younger and healthier body, but this injury will prove too much to overcome. I think he has got 40-50 minutes left in this series. No way he can sustain the intensity required to play 3 games in 5 nights.

2. Ray Allen is due for a 20+ game. He has never been held to under 20 points for more than 2 straight games during this year's playoffs. I think he has a big night for Game 5. He shot 0 for 12 for three points and 4 for 24 overall in the last two games. He will go back to his usual 45-50 percent starting next game.

3. Rondo is also due to have a big night.

4. The playoffs have already demonstrated that Rasheed + Robinson + Baby + Tony Allen > Vujacic, Odom, Farmar, Brown. Especially at home, that's gotta count for something.

Barring 40 point night from Kobe, I see Celtics winning big.

Celtics 105
Lakers 83
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:07 pm

This is Bynum's last stand, and the series will come down to it. With the extra day off and the fluid draining, it should return some of the lift and explosiveness he's lost and provide the inside advantage that the Lakers enjoyed in the first 2 1/2 games (before he wore down). How long he can go is the question. I think he's finished after this game, because as with earlier in the series, the cross country flight and the shorter recovery time will render him increasingly ineffective over the final 2 games in LA. If the Lakers win this game, it will be worth it, because they'll eventually win the series. If the Celtics find a way to win this game, the Lakers will have risked Bynum's career for nothing because the C's will probably win the series. Bynum himself has said that he's concerned that draining the knee this much makes it more prone to fractures and more long term damage, so the Lakers are risking a great deal to win the series.

I admire him for it, but if the Celtics can pull this off, he'll feel awfully dumb. Bynum makes these teams just about even, or perhaps provides the Lakers an advantage in the series. Without him, the series looks like 2008 where the Celtics are bigger and stronger inside. Lamar Odom doesn't provide enough positives over the course of 40 minutes to help this team, so they have to have Bynum.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Lamar has been knocking down too much Kardashian Ass...he needed to play 36 minutes--or Bynum needs to step up?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Celtics -2 1/2

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Sounds about right. Under the "home team is always spotted 3" rule, that would make the Lakers slight favorites. Sounds like they're trying to push more money Boston's way...does Bynum make that big an impact?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Boston 96
LA 94

I thought we would have at least one down to the wire game and/or 1 OT game by game 5
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby h2o on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:45 pm

C's 92

LA 85
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Pretty absurd. In 8 minutes, a mythical moving screen called on KG, an obvious moving screen on Gasol not called, a shooting foul called on a Fisher travel, a jump ball called on a Bynum travel, a push off on Kobe at the top of the key not called, and two mythical shooting fouls called on the Celtics. The NBA successfully turns a Celtic 10 point lead into a tie game.

Good work NBA.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Pretty absurd. In 8 minutes, a mythical moving screen called on KG, an obvious moving screen on Gasol not called, a shooting foul called on a Fisher travel, a jump ball called on a Bynum travel, a push off on Kobe at the top of the key not called, and two mythical shooting fouls called on the Celtics. The NBA successfully turns a Celtic 10 point lead into a tie game.

Good work NBA.

All NBA refs descend from ACC DNA...especially football.

Rondo being drafted by the Celtics------ in now a glamour key position of point guard and how we see how teams without great point guards go no where---was brilliant.

Huge hands and now a death sentence on teh drive for the Laker defense.

Think about how you nee big men....but then again..Cousy, Sam Jones, KC Jones, Hal Greer, Walt Frazier, Magic, Parker....

You need a complete team but with so many swing men and big guys....you need point guards.

Rondo is good.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 pm

DOC,

Stop being cute and bring in the starters.

Celtics are making shots. Unfortunately, Ray is still MIA. Rondo has a turnover for each assist.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks Paul Pierce!!!

And yes, I am fucking upset seeing Rajon Rondo play like dogshit for several games in this series.

I mean, come on Rajon, we were just kidding when we said this team was yours. No need to feel so pressured. Stop this choke job!

This is still very much KG's and Pierce's team.

:suicide
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Pretty absurd. In 8 minutes, a mythical moving screen called on KG, an obvious moving screen on Gasol not called, a shooting foul called on a Fisher travel, a jump ball called on a Bynum travel, a push off on Kobe at the top of the key not called, and two mythical shooting fouls called on the Celtics. The NBA successfully turns a Celtic 10 point lead into a tie game.

Good work NBA.

All NBA refs descend from ACC DNA...especially football.

Rondo being drafted by the Celtics------ in now a glamour key position of point guard and how we see how teams without great point guards go no where---was brilliant.

Huge hands and now a death sentence on teh drive for the Laker defense.

Think about how you nee big men....but then again..Cousy, Sam Jones, KC Jones, Hal Greer, Walt Frazier, Magic, Parker....

You need a complete team but with so many swing men and big guys....you need point guards.

Rondo is good.

Rondo is choking. I don't care about the cute moves. I want points and assists. And I am getting fewer points, fewer assists, missed free throws, and more turnovers. No wonder Robinson has gotten meaningful minutes in this series.

We should be up 15.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 pm

You are being absurd about Rondo. It's still Pierce's team, but Rondo is playing okay.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Here come the calls for the Lakers. Mark my words.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You are being absurd about Rondo. It's still Pierce's team, but Rondo is playing okay.

5 assists and 5 turnovers. That does not work. He is not playing OK and is responsible for the team being up only 10. Garnett and Pierce have both shown up tonight delivering the goods. Rondo just needs to stop being cute and just take care of the basketball. No need to be a hero tonight. The Big 2 have shown up.

Having said that, he still is 6 for 9. I just expected him to show up big in one of these games. We are not seeing that.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You are being absurd about Rondo. It's still Pierce's team, but Rondo is playing okay.

5 assists and 5 turnovers. That does not work. He is not playing OK and is responsible for the team being up only 10. Garnett and Pierce have both shown up tonight delivering the goods. Rondo just needs to stop being cute and just take care of the basketball. No need to be a hero tonight. The Big 2 have shown up.

Having said that, he still is 6 for 9. I just expected him to show up big in one of these games. We are not seeing that.

I am not engaging in this nonsense. I am watching the game on ABC, You should turn it on.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Bynum is useless. His knee is locked like cement.

Phil Jackson is not as smart as he is lucky.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Kobe Bryant is the best player since Michael Jordan.

Kobe is something very special.

Kobe, West, Jordan, Oscar.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

I am not engaging in this nonsense. I am watching the game on ABC, You should turn it on.

"...7 turnovers by Rondo on some poor decisions..."

Thanks JVG.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:58 pm

When Kobe ball hogs, the Lakers stop playing. If he keeps this up, Celtics win easy. He scores 60, and the rest of his team doesn't bother on either end of the floor.

Kobe Bryant is no Michael Jordan.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:59 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Thanks JVG.

Whatever you say.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Rondo, 12 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds through 3 quarters, and a +10.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Thanks JVG.

Whatever you say.

I try to stick to facts. Rondo's performance has looked absolutely not OK, but I would not make comments without checking my numbers. Rondo has one less turnover than the entire Lakers team.

Tonight, we are winning in spite of him
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:When Kobe ball hogs, the Lakers stop playing. If he keeps this up, Celtics win easy. He scores 60, and the rest of his team doesn't bother on either end of the floor.

Kobe Bryant is no Michael Jordan.

9 --You are no 74...

You are more like a 46.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Thanks JVG.

Whatever you say.

I try to stick to facts. Rondo's performance has looked absolutely not OK, but I would not make comments without checking my numbers. Rondo has one less turnover than the entire Lakers team.

Rondo is +10. Just like Pierce. Any questions?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

Thanks JVG.

Whatever you say.

Rondo is +10. Just like Pierce. Any questions?

Rondo is +6.
Ray Allen is +13 (lol)
Perkins is +9
Garnett is +9

Pierce is +6 because he has attempted 19 shots and made only 12. Only 12?????!!!!! That's the reason we are in this game.

TW, stop making a joke of yourself.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum