GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: GAME 5 FINALS SCORE GUESS THREAD

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:To chime in on all this, Rondo's numbers looked fantastic and he did make some nice plays, but he teetered on the edge of disaster throughout the game with some bad passes and poor decisions in general. They got away with it, but he needs to settle down.

He was shaking passing in the first half, trying to force balls in deep. Other than that, he played a hell of a game, period.

The Lakers were in this game because Kobe was on fire in the third and because the NBA sent the Lakers to the FT line innumerable occasions. I don't think 7 possessions can turn a blow out into a tight game. Even if they shoot 60% on those possessions, you are talking 8 points.

Yes, it was an 8 point swing in the first half. We should have gone in the locker room up 15. Not 6.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:To chime in on all this, Rondo's numbers looked fantastic and he did make some nice plays, but he teetered on the edge of disaster throughout the game with some bad passes and poor decisions in general. They got away with it, but he needs to settle down.

He was shaking passing in the first half, trying to force balls in deep. Other than that, he played a hell of a game, period.

The Lakers were in this game because Kobe was on fire in the third and because the NBA sent the Lakers to the FT line innumerable occasions. I don't think 7 possessions can turn a blow out into a tight game. Even if they shoot 60% on those possessions, you are talking 8 points.

Yes, it was an 8 point swing in the first half. We should have gone in the locker room up 15. Not 6.

That's 9 points.

And is it your position that the PG should have NO turnovers? Because you are presuming that in your stupid assumption. "We should have been up 15, because Rondo should have had NO turnovers, and the Celtics should have shot 60% on those possessions".

It's absurd. Period. PGs turn the ball over. Maybe he cost them 4-5 points with some sloppy passing, but that is derivative of the way he plays. Take the good with the bad and ask why Ray Allen can't shoot anymore.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:23 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:

The Lakers can't touch Rondo in the full court. He was sloppy tonight but you have to take the good with the bad with Rondo. He's usually a very good passer. If it gets to a slowdown half-court game, the Lakers have the advantage. Rondo was very successful in forcing the pace.

Agreed. Over 4 quarters, he had an OK game. First half was bad though and I feared that we would waste the first power performance by the two BIGS. As I said prior to this game, we needed two BIGS to step up at once. And they did, in a big way. I was more than pissed with the +6 at the half. Rondo was definitely responsible for much of that outcome.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That's 9 points.

And is it your position that the PG should have NO turnovers? Because you are presuming that in your stupid assumption. "We should have been up 15, because Rondo should have had NO turnovers, and the Celtics should have shot 60% on those possessions".

It's absurd. Period. PGs turn the ball over. Maybe he cost them 4-5 points with some sloppy passing, but that is derivative of the way he plays. Take the good with the bad and ask why Ray Allen can't shoot anymore.

Ray Allen sucks in this series.

Rondo's 2010 stats call for 10 assists per game and 3 turnovers per game on average. In 2009, it was 8.2 assists and 2.6 turnovers. Those are the facts.

Rondo had an abysmal first half from a turnover/assist ratio standpoint. Stop being ridiculous. On his next worst half this season, he had 4 turnovers. He had like 6 in the first half tonight. Looking at the entire game, this was the second worst game this season from a turnover / assist ratio.

I like to stick to facts. You like to stick to fluff and it makes you sound stupid.
Last edited by OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That's 9 points.

Rondo's 2010 stats call for 10 assists per game and 3 turnovers per game on average. In 2009, it was 8.2 assists and 2.6 turnovers. Those are the facts.

Rondo had an abysmal first half from a turnover / assist ratio standpoint. Stop being ridiculous. On his next worst half this season, he had 4 turnovers. Lookingat the entire game, this was the second worst game this season from a turnover / assist ratio.

I like to stick to facts. You like to stick to fluff and it makes you sound stupid.

Two halves in a game, right? So the second half was his best half ever, since he had no turnovers. Being as this is the only stat that matters, evidently.

Did you watch the game at Costco?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That's 9 points.

Rondo had an abysmal first half from a turnover / assist ratio standpoint. Stop being ridiculous. On his next worst half this season, he had 4 turnovers. Lookingat the entire game, this was the second worst game this season from a turnover / assist ratio.

Two halves in a game, right? So the second half was his best half ever, since he had no turnovers. Being as this is the only stat that matters, evidently.

Did you watch the game at Costco?

For a point guard, assist/turnover ratio is one of the most important metrics. On the whole game, he had the second highest number of turnovers in any game this season. And he had fewer than average number of assists. This can't be considered a very good game by Rondo. It just can't. This is simple analysis which you routinely shy away from.

Anyway, I am done analyzing the obvious. I know you get pretty good exercise arguing the obvious with OJ and I don't have the stamina for that.

EDIT: At the half, when my comments started (and you disagreed with me back then), he was costing us big.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Apparently, this series is getting very good ratings.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... ince_2004/
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Apparently, this series is getting very good ratings.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... ince_2004/

Well that is some good news in a see of red.

The league is finishing what commissioner David Stern concedes to PARADE is its most economically disastrous season ever -- $400 million in the red, nearly twice what it has lost in tough years before.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum