Duquette

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Duquette

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.

Ok... just wanted to make sure. If you'll notice, I never put Jones' name in this conversation. I recognize his successes on the recruiting trail and he's highly respected in coaching circles. I agree, that his D1 recruiting experience supersedes that of Duquette... so we agree on that point.

To my original point regarding Waheed and Graham... you agree that they have much less experience than Duquette, right? And I know for a fact that he would have preferred to remain with the program, even if he was 'demoted'... if you will... does that address your concerns about my reasoning?

Also... I guess Coen is hittin' the 'pipe' pretty hard his damned self since he just hired that water-getting, clipboard carrying guy as his associate head coach... in this business, you don't make decisions like that out of loyalty.

Graham knows the system. It's a no brainer to hire a guy that knows your system so you can oversee, rather than run, practice. That hire was obvious. And Waheed is the lowest man on the totem pole, an opportunity for him. He can't do any worse as the last guy that Duquette did as the first.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Graham knows the system. It's a no brainer to hire a guy that knows your system so you can oversee, rather than run, practice. That hire was obvious. And Waheed is the lowest man on the totem pole, an opportunity for him. He can't do any worse as the last guy that Duquette did as the first.

Like I said... Time will tell if SD made the right calls. He made decisions based on comfortability. Fine... but you have to admit that he's not too risk-averse given that he has only one person on staff with high major recruiting experience... while it's still early in the game... you know full well that it's not working out well for him at this juncture...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Graham knows the system. It's a no brainer to hire a guy that knows your system so you can oversee, rather than run, practice. That hire was obvious. And Waheed is the lowest man on the totem pole, an opportunity for him. He can't do any worse as the last guy that Duquette did as the first.

Like I said... Time will tell if SD made the right calls. He made decisions based on comfortability. Fine... but you have to admit that he's not too risk-averse given that he has only one person on staff with high major recruiting experience... while it's still early in the game... you know full well that it's not working out well for him at this juncture...

Having bodies that can play hoop is better than the recruiting Duquette did over the past three years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Having bodies that can play hoop is better than the recruiting Duquette did over the past three years.

Dude... you keep saying 'three years' but Duquette had been an assistant coach since '01... what the heck do you think he was doing for the other 6 years?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.

9 with a monster facial and winner.[/quote]

74... am I supposed to be afeared of the caps?!?!

afeared--WTf kind of a word is that shit?

It was a compliment you moron. :lol:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}: afeared--WTf kind of a word is that shit?

I realized that you were giving shit to ballgame... I was merely attempting to make light of your use of the CAPS! ...this is why I used the word 'afeared' which is simply an antiquated way to say afraid... I was trying to hint that the CAPS were being a bit overused... i.e. antiquated=old...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}: afeared--WTf kind of a word is that shit?

I realized that you were giving shit to ballgame... I was merely attempting to make light of your use of the CAPS! ...this is why I used the word 'afeared' which is simply an antiquated way to say afraid... I was trying to hint that the CAPS were being a bit overused... i.e. antiquated=old...

He wasn't giving me shit. He was pointing out that you are getting hammered in this thread.

And I find it hilarious that you think Duquette had anything to do with recruiting before Cooley and Coen left. IT"S A TEAM EFFORT....OOL.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: And I find it hilarious that you think Duquette had anything to do with recruiting before Cooley and Coen left. IT"S A TEAM EFFORT....OOL.

Hammered... ok. And I'm glad that you find what I'm saying hilarious... Ironically, I find your contention that he was sitting around getting paid to 'hold a clipboard and get water' ASTOUNDING! Considering you have absolutely no source that backs up your opinion... In sum.... I don't 'think' that Duquette had anything to do with recruiting while Coen and Cooley were on staff... I KNOW that he did... How? Because the former head coach says so! LMAO... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, but wait... Skinner doesn't have all the information, right? You, in your infinite wisdom... can shed some light on what REALLY went on in Conte for the past 13 seasons... :roll: You're pulling a Bob Ryan up in this piece... :blah :blah :blah
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 am

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: I'd be interested in hearing one Pat Duquette recruiting success. Proceed.

Dude... I know he was an integral part of bringing in a lot players... I don't know where you guys get half the stuff that you say about recruiting at BC. It was a collective process. The only player that was brought in by a specific coach was Craig Smith... and that was by Cassara who wasn't even on staff at the time...

That being said... it wouldn't matter if he never closed the deal on ANYONE... I'm telling you that's going to be a sight better than either of the aforementioned individuals will do. They won't even get in the door...

Way to get specific... :kudos
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.

9 with a monster facial and winner.

74... am I supposed to be afeared of the caps?!?!

I have no idea if that was his intent, but I am definitely afeared to click on any link that TRE posts, FWIW.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 pm

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: And I find it hilarious that you think Duquette had anything to do with recruiting before Cooley and Coen left. IT"S A TEAM EFFORT....OOL.

Hammered... ok. And I'm glad that you find what I'm saying hilarious... Ironically, I find your contention that he was sitting around getting paid to 'hold a clipboard and get water' ASTOUNDING! Considering you have absolutely no source that backs up your opinion... In sum.... I don't 'think' that Duquette had anything to do with recruiting while Coen and Cooley were on staff... I KNOW that he did... How? Because the former head coach says so! LMAO... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, but wait... Skinner doesn't have all the information, right? You, in your infinite wisdom... can shed some light on what REALLY went on in Conte for the past 13 seasons... :roll: You're pulling a Bob Ryan up in this piece... :blah :blah :blah

People like you make me not want to be a Skinner supporter, which I am. Fact is, recruiting the past three years, when Duquette was running the show, was atrocious. When there were two other senior guys ahead of him, BC found diamonds in the rough left and right. The circumstantial evidence leads to only one reasonable conclusion - the precipitous drop off in recruiting was a direct result of the loss Coen and Cooley. This isn't really debateable.

If Duke was such an integral part of bringing in Smith (your Cassara line is BS by the way - Mo may have helped get Smith the second go around, but Smith had committed to BC the year before he even knew where Worcester was on a map - the PG year came after that original committment) Dudley, Rice, Williams, Marshall, Hinnant et al., how come he did nothing to bring in more of those guys when he became the head assistant? Moreover, I am still waiting for you to regale us with some inside info as to which of those guys he was integral in bringing in.

As far as what Duke did while he was a coach under Coen and Cooley, well, recruiting is not the only part of coaching. Somebody has to break down tape, scout opponents, run practices, monitor workouts, make calls, watch recruiting tape to identify prospects for the closers. To say that one is not integral to recruiting does not mean that he is not doing anything. In fact, there are limitations on how many coaches are even allowed to hit the road, as I am sure your hubby can tell you. And yes, Duquette's water boy role ended when he was promoted from graduate assistant, but that doesn't mean he immediately was out bringing in Jared Dudley.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Duke used to sit down at the Waterfront Cafe in the North End and down beers by himself most nights when he was at BC.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:45 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Duke used to sit down at the Waterfront Cafe in the North End and down beers by himself most nights when he was at BC.

Are you trying to steal my irresponsible poster title? Sheesh.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:46 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Duke used to sit down at the Waterfront Cafe in the North End and down beers by himself most nights when he was at BC.

Are you trying to steal my irresponsible poster title? Sheesh.

He was a nice guy.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: If Duke was such an integral part of bringing in Smith (your Cassara line is BS by the way - Mo may have helped get Smith the second go around, but Smith had committed to BC the year before he even knew where Worcester was on a map - the PG year came after that original committment) Dudley, Rice, Williams, Marshall, Hinnant et al., how come he did nothing to bring in more of those guys when he became the head assistant?

This kind of nonsense is precisely why I won't even bother addressing any of your concerns with specific information! Dude, if you're silly & naive enough to think that the 'PG year' wasn't orchestrated via a prior Skinner/Cassara/Smith connection behind the scenes, DURING HIS ORIGINAL RECRUITMENT... you're more out of touch than you've already confirmed. LMAO!

Also... he DID bring in quality guys... how the heck do you think the Eagles landed Ravenel, Heslip and Sanders, dude? Seriously. Cassara wasn't even let loose on the road. Primary recruiters were Duquette and Colson! You cannot be this dense. I just refuse to believe it! OH... and here's a little tidbit for ya - Noreen would've never asked for a release if Duquette had remained on staff. That's why it was so late in coming... :shock

Dang... I got SPECIFIC, didn't I?!?!? Curses...
Last edited by carolina2010 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: As far as what Duke did while he was a coach under Coen and Cooley, well, recruiting is not the only part of coaching. Somebody has to break down tape, scout opponents, run practices, monitor workouts, make calls, watch recruiting tape to identify prospects for the closers. To say that one is not integral to recruiting does not mean that he is not doing anything. In fact, there are limitations on how many coaches are even allowed to hit the road, as I am sure your hubby can tell you. And yes, Duquette's water boy role ended when he was promoted from graduate assistant, but that doesn't mean he immediately was out bringing in Jared Dudley.

So... please clarify... all of these tangential tasks are performed by a singular person... who is, by default, not a closer? Once again... you've exposed your limited knowledge, because guess what, Sherlock? Cooley & Coen were breaking down tape, scouting opponents, running practices, monitoring workouts, making calls and watching recruiting tape to identify prospects for the ONLY closer on staff, i.e. the head coach. Your ignorance is baffling. :81 Seriously... stick to subjects that you actually KNOW something about.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: If Duke was such an integral part of bringing in Smith (your Cassara line is BS by the way - Mo may have helped get Smith the second go around, but Smith had committed to BC the year before he even knew where Worcester was on a map - the PG year came after that original committment) Dudley, Rice, Williams, Marshall, Hinnant et al., how come he did nothing to bring in more of those guys when he became the head assistant?

This kind of nonsense is precisely why I won't even bother addressing any of your concerns with specific information! Dude, if you're silly & naive enough to think that the 'PG year' wasn't orchestrated via a prior Skinner/Cassara/Smith connection behind the scenes, DURING HIS ORIGINAL RECRUITMENT... you're more out of touch than you've already confirmed. LMAO!

Who cares who "orchestrated the PG year"? The question is who found him, and who recruited him, and who convinced him to come to BC. How they made that possible after he decided is of little consequence. Please describe Duquette's role in landing Smith, and describe all of the similar work he did over the past three years in landing all of the big recruits under his tenure as head assistant. Thanks in advance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:29 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Also... he DID bring in quality guys... how the heck do you think the Eagles landed Ravenel, Heslip and Sanders, dude? Seriously. Cassara wasn't even let loose on the road. Primary recruiters were Duquette and Colson! You cannot be this dense. I just refuse to believe it! OH... and here's a little tidbit for ya - Noreen would've never asked for a release if Duquette had remained on staff. That's why it was so late in coming... :shock

Dang... I got SPECIFIC, didn't I?!?!? Curses...

Ravenel, Sanders and Heslip? That's your defense of Duquette? Seriously?

I think this case is closed. You make it hard for me to continue to defend Skinner and his staff, something I have done adamantly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Who cares who "orchestrated the PG year"? The question is who found him, and who recruited him, and who convinced him to come to BC. How they made that possible after he decided is of little consequence. Please describe Duquette's role in landing Smith, and describe all of the similar work he did over the past three years in landing all of the big recruits under his tenure as head assistant. Thanks in advance.

Nah... I'm done. You wouldn't be satisfied if I 'orchestrated' a call between you and Duke so that he, himself could explain what went on during his time at BC... Keep on making stuff up, though.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: As far as what Duke did while he was a coach under Coen and Cooley, well, recruiting is not the only part of coaching. Somebody has to break down tape, scout opponents, run practices, monitor workouts, make calls, watch recruiting tape to identify prospects for the closers. To say that one is not integral to recruiting does not mean that he is not doing anything. In fact, there are limitations on how many coaches are even allowed to hit the road, as I am sure your hubby can tell you. And yes, Duquette's water boy role ended when he was promoted from graduate assistant, but that doesn't mean he immediately was out bringing in Jared Dudley.

So... please clarify... all of these tangential tasks are performed by a singular person... who is, by default, not a closer? Once again... you've exposed your limited knowledge, because guess what, Sherlock? Cooley & Coen were breaking down tape, scouting opponents, running practices, monitoring workouts, making calls and watching recruiting tape to identify prospects for the ONLY closer on staff, i.e. the head coach. Your ignorance is baffling. :81 Seriously... stick to subjects that you actually KNOW something about.

Cooley and Coen were also landing good players. Maybe Duquette wasn't doing anything afterall. Thanks for the insight.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Who cares who "orchestrated the PG year"? The question is who found him, and who recruited him, and who convinced him to come to BC. How they made that possible after he decided is of little consequence. Please describe Duquette's role in landing Smith, and describe all of the similar work he did over the past three years in landing all of the big recruits under his tenure as head assistant. Thanks in advance.

Nah... I'm done. You wouldn't be satisfied if I 'orchestrated' a call between you and Duke so that he, himself could explain what went on during his time at BC... Keep on making stuff up, though.

I have no interest in talking to Duquette. I'd just like to hear about all of the great recruiting he did after Coen and Cooley left. You significant insight and contribution is sufficient to satisfy my curiousity. I don't need to hear from Northeastern's associate head coach.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Ravenel, Sanders and Heslip? That's your defense of Duquette? Seriously?

I think this case is closed. You make it hard for me to continue to defend Skinner and his staff, something I have done adamantly.

Yes... IT IS CLOSED... because 2 of 3 aforementioned players transferred UP, i.e. Ravenel to Ohio State and Heslip to Baylor... what does that say about their skill set... good thing you weren't scouting, huh?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:42 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Ravenel, Sanders and Heslip? That's your defense of Duquette? Seriously?

Yes... IT IS CLOSED... because 2 of 3 aforementioned players transferred UP, i.e. Ravenel to Ohio State and Heslip to Baylor... what does that say about their skill set... good thing you weren't scouting, huh?

Baylor and OSU are transferring up? The only reasonable basis for making that argument is the fact that BC's program has been down the past three year's under the stewardship of your boy Duquette.

I've seen Ravenel play. I don't need to see where he is going to college to determine that he is a decent role player, and potentially good low post scorer that should avoid the buffet so he can get more than 10 minutes of run a game. But the fact that you are holding him up as the cornerstone of your Duquette is an awesome recruiter argument qualifies you for the Cosmo Reif award.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum