Duquette

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Duquette

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:13 pm

DO NOT READ THIS TRE! IT'S INSIDER INFORMATION TO WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T BE PRIVY!

Pat Duquette will be joining Coen's staff as the Associate Head Coach...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Re: Duquette

Postby CrownRoyal on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Yup.
He'll be traveling through the east coast this weekend to begin recruiting for Bill. I think his "official" start date is the end of the month?
CrownRoyal
n00b

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm

CrownRoyal {l Wrote}:Yup.
He'll be traveling through the east coast this weekend to begin recruiting for Bill. I think his "official" start date is the end of the month?

Yes... around July 1. But I don't think he'll be officially recruiting this weekend because June is a dead month. Things won't get hopping until July.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby CrownRoyal on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm

I think a "Coen/Duquette duet" (say that one 5 times FAST) is a nice matchup.
CrownRoyal
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Best of luck to him. Seems like a great guy.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:37 pm

I was highly dissapionted when i found out that Duquette wasn't going to stay as part of the staff. I felt he was a big time help recruiting and could've landed us big time talent that Al just wouldn't sign cuz they didnt fit his flew offense.
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 pm

thebigskinny31 {l Wrote}:I was highly dissapionted when i found out that Duquette wasn't going to stay as part of the staff. I felt he was a big time help recruiting and could've landed us big time talent that Al just wouldn't sign cuz they didnt fit his flew offense.

Like Heslip, Ravenel and Sanders... it was determined that his services were no longer needed... :81
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Yes, I am sure that Duquette is a recruiting whiz that simply had all the 5 star players he had locked up rejected by his head coach. Sounds plausible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
thebigskinny31 {l Wrote}:I was highly dissapionted when i found out that Duquette wasn't going to stay as part of the staff. I felt he was a big time help recruiting and could've landed us big time talent that Al just wouldn't sign cuz they didnt fit his flew offense.

Like Heslip, Ravenel and Sanders... it was determined that his services were no longer needed... :81

Yeah, donahue sucks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

This feels oddly like one of those threads where 74 just keeps replying to himself
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, donahue sucks.

Ya'll are some sensitive dudes... for real! I merely made a statement of fact. :shrug Get a grip... the jury's still out on SD.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 pm

It's a statement of fact that Duquette was a great recruiter and Al rejected all of his recruits? Got it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's a statement of fact that Duquette was a great recruiter and Al rejected all of his recruits? Got it.

what in the world are you talking about?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, donahue sucks.

Ya'll are some sensitive dudes... for real! I merely made a statement of fact. :shrug Get a grip... the jury's still out on SD.

your "statement of fact" implied that Donahue was wrong in getting rid of guys he didn't think fit his system and/or had bad attitudes.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's a statement of fact that Duquette was a great recruiter and Al rejected all of his recruits? Got it.

In other words, you don't read much.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:your "statement of fact" implied that Donahue was wrong in getting rid of guys he didn't think fit his system and/or had bad attitudes.

Really? Hmmm... could it be that some folks are simply making presumptions about my statement?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

In other words, you don't read much.

:lame
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, donahue sucks.

So, your post wasn't agreeing about the nature of Duquette's services? Got it. I misinterpreted the Pat Duquette circlejerk, my apologies.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, donahue sucks.

So, your post wasn't agreeing about the nature of Duquette's services? Got it. I misinterpreted the Pat Duquette circlejerk, my apologies.

Guess that's the problem with the written responses... I was merely saying that his services weren't needed. I did not intend to imply agreement...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, donahue sucks.

Guess that's the problem with the written responses... I was merely saying that his services weren't needed. I did not intend to imply agreement...

If your point was that his services weren't needed, I absolutely agree that is fact - his "services" were definitely not needed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Aw, Jesus Christ, can we please stop getting into slapfights with this carolina person? It's more annoying than OJ slapfights, which is more like gang-rape.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: If your point was that his services weren't needed, I absolutely agree that is fact - his "services" were definitely not needed.

Look... I've clarified my position. Whatever connotation you're trying to attach to 'services' or whatever... have at it. I'm not playing that game. He's a great guy who had a tremendous tenure supporting/building BC basketball. Said tenure is now at an end and he's landed a position on a sound staff with an 'up & comer' in the coaching ranks. I'm not going to bash SD... every coach makes personnel decisions re: players & staff... time will tell if it pays off.

BUT... I will say this. There is no way in hell that Graham or Waheed will have more recruiting success than Duquette has/will have in this business. Period. The implication here should be crystal clear...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: If your point was that his services weren't needed, I absolutely agree that is fact - his "services" were definitely not needed.

Look... I've clarified my position. Whatever connotation you're trying to attach to 'services' or whatever... have at it. I'm not playing that game. He's a great guy who had a tremendous tenure supporting/building BC basketball. Said tenure is now at an end and he's landed a position on a sound staff with an 'up & comer' in the coaching ranks. I'm not going to bash SD... every coach makes personnel decisions re: players & staff... time will tell if it pays off.

BUT... I will say this. There is no way in hell that Graham or Waheed will have more recruiting success than Duquette has/will have in this business. Period. The implication here should be crystal clear...

I'd be interested in hearing one Pat Duquette recruiting success. Proceed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: I'd be interested in hearing one Pat Duquette recruiting success. Proceed.

Dude... I know he was an integral part of bringing in a lot players... I don't know where you guys get half the stuff that you say about recruiting at BC. It was a collective process. The only player that was brought in by a specific coach was Craig Smith... and that was by Cassara who wasn't even on staff at the time...

That being said... it wouldn't matter if he never closed the deal on ANYONE... I'm telling you that's going to be a sight better than either of the aforementioned individuals will do. They won't even get in the door...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: I'd be interested in hearing one Pat Duquette recruiting success. Proceed.

Dude... I know he was an integral part of bringing in a lot players... I don't know where you guys get half the stuff that you say about recruiting at BC. It was a collective process. The only player that was brought in by a specific coach was Craig Smith... and that was by Cassara who wasn't even on staff at the time...

That being said... it wouldn't matter if he never closed the deal on ANYONE... I'm telling you that's going to be a sight better than either of the aforementioned individuals will do. They won't even get in the door...

You are on crack if you think a young water-getting and clipboard holding Pat Duquette had anything to do with the guys brought in by Cooley and Coen.

But I'd be interested in hearing your basis for declaring a guy that landed nobody and presided over a bad 3-year period of recruiting and results as must keep guy at head assistant (unless you were going to demote him). I'm sure they are just as your conclusions about the current staff, which contains a head assistant that actually did some recruiting and landing of top classes for a program that actually lands top players.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: You are on crack if you think a young water-getting and clipboard holding Pat Duquette had anything to do with the guys brought in by Cooley and Coen.

But I'd be interested in hearing your basis for declaring a guy that landed nobody and presided over a bad 3-year period of recruiting and results as must keep guy at head assistant (unless you were going to demote him). I'm sure they are just as your conclusions about the current staff, which contains a head assistant that actually did some recruiting and landing of top classes for a program that actually lands top players.

Surely you aren't referring to Niagra as a program that lands top players?!?!?! I just want to get some clarification before I formulate a response.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:10 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: You are on crack if you think a young water-getting and clipboard holding Pat Duquette had anything to do with the guys brought in by Cooley and Coen.

Surely you aren't referring to Niagra as a program that lands top players?!?!?! I just want to get some clarification before I formulate a response.

Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.

Ok... just wanted to make sure. If you'll notice, I never put Jones' name in this conversation. I recognize his successes on the recruiting trail and he's highly respected in coaching circles. I agree, that his D1 recruiting experience supersedes that of Duquette... so we agree on that point.

To my original point regarding Waheed and Graham... you agree that they have much less experience than Duquette, right? And I know for a fact that he would have preferred to remain with the program, even if he was 'demoted'... if you will... does that address your concerns about my reasoning?

Also... I guess Coen is hittin' the 'pipe' pretty hard his damned self since he just hired that water-getting, clipboard carrying guy as his associate head coach... in this business, you don't make decisions like that out of loyalty.
Last edited by carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.

9 with a monster facial and winner.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Try taking a peek at the resume of the guy that took Duquette's head assistant job before running off about the lowest guy on Donohue's staff. I will give you a hint, he built Jay Wright's dynasty.

9 with a monster facial and winner.

74... am I supposed to be afeared of the caps?!?!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum