Somehow, Vegas still sees the Lakers as favorite in this one

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Somehow, Vegas still sees the Lakers as favorite in this one

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:17 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:For the record '74, you've also picked the Lakers to win all 6 games in this series. When you pick both teams to win, it's hard to lose.

You don't need to point it out, it is in commave's signature.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:If Boston wins 2-3 and goes up 3 games to 2

....The Lakers will be favored by 8 in Game 6 and by 6 in game 7.

You guys are not right.

Miss Cleo is on the other line please hold...

POSTED JUNE 7 -- 8 DAYS AGO

This is why Old Pubic Hair is a douchebag and kknows nothing like most of you.

HGAW -- Humble Genius at Work....8-2 now in last individual point spread NBA games.

How is that Orlando Magic in 7 against the Celtics working for you? What about the Lakers Finals sweep?

As I have said on many occassions, you are old, slow, and stupid!
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I would like to drive a nail through your forehead you old stupid lying baby maker.

I said the Lakers in 4 was a nice 11-2 bet.

I said LAkers in 7... I will post the thread, you 74 COCKSUCKER.

Go away, no one here wanted an old EA baby maker.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:...you 74 COCKSUCKER...

why do you have to question and comment in the sexuality of your opponent in any and all arguments. not only does it undermine your post, it draws into question your intent and position. :shrug

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am

Delete all aliases.

Delete anyone who has not posted in 60 days, or has less than a few say 25 posts, or a know alias poster who posts shit.

You can see how deep you can cut the real fan base by using the sort feature on e-mail.

When you do that and cease one 74 cocksucker from tagging and lying and being irksome, then I shall cease.

Give me the power to ban motherfuckers like you did to me and the power to delete the base of users...

Then we will talk.

You go first and do that.

I have already been banned.

Like I posted last night, you wnat to be the NEXUS and grow and get linked....CLEAN OUT THE BARN....

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:46 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Delete all aliases.

What makes you think that he is an "alias"? Can't he just be a guy with his own opinion?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 am

:popcorn
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:50 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

What makes you think that he is an "alias"? Can't he just be a guy with his own opinion?

I never said he was an alias...asshole yes...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Delete anyone who has not posted in 60 days, or has less than a few say 25 posts, or a know alias poster who posts shit.

You can see how deep you can cut the real fan base by using the sort feature on e-mail.

When you do that and cease one 74 cocksucker from tagging and lying and being irksome, then I shall cease.

Give me the power to ban motherfuckers like you did to me and the power to delete the base of users...

Then we will talk.

You go first and do that.

I have already been banned.

Like I posted last night, you wnat to be the NEXUS and grow and get linked....CLEAN OUT THE BARN....

why do you blame everything on aliases? why can't someone have an opinion opposite yours without getting attacked based on their sexual preference?

why can't others point out where you have been wrong when you do it all the time? what makes you above criticism?

you want to make this place "the nexus" and let it grow and expand - maybe you should tone down your little act. i'm fairly certain that more than just me are tired of it...

sounds to me like we need to start our barn cleaning with the old work horse.

If there's anything scaring away newbies it's the threads titled

CANARYCUNT KENYABOY OBAMA SHOULD SUCK HIS DADDY'S LITTLE COCK AND CHECK THE HMO BOX.

In the damned football forum, no less.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 pm

1. Celtics have made a habit of defying the odds.

For the ninth time during the playoffs, the linesmakers are "taunting" the Celtics with a 4.5+ point handicap.

- Six of those nine times, the Celtics have actually won the game.
- Once, they have blown a large lead (first game in Cleveland) to finally fall short of covering the spread by one point.
- Twice, they have been blown out.

2. The Lakers - Celtics head-to-head during the Big-Three era. Celtics have won more often than not.

- 18 games played in total.
- Celtics have won 10.
- Away team has won 7.
- Celtics have taken 4 of the 9 games played at the Staples Center, 2 of which playing as a +7 point underdog. On those 2 occassions, Celtics won by 6 and 9 points, respectively.

It's a coin toss. Just a matter of who decides to show up from both teams.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:03 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:1. Celtics have made a habit of defying the odds.

For the ninth time during the playoffs, the linesmakers are "taunting" the Celtics with a 4.5+ point handicap.

- Once, they have blown a large lead (first game in Cleveland) to finally fall short of covering the spread by one point.

2. The Lakers - Celtics head-to-head during the Big-Three era. Celtics have won more often than not.

- Celtics have won 10.
- Away team has won 7.
- Celtics have taken 4 of the 9 games played at the Staples Center, 2 of which playing as a +7 point underdog. On those 2 occassions, Celtics won by 6 and 9 points, respectively.

You can spit out numbers until you're blue in the face.

The only thing in that entire post that's going to matter is the last sentence.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:45 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:1. Celtics have made a habit of defying the odds.

- Celtics have won 10.
- Away team has won 7.

You can spit out numbers until you're blue in the face.

The only thing in that entire post that's going to matter is the last sentence.

Very insightful post. Any chance you can let me know the approximate time of your next post so that I can time my lunch break around it? Thanks.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:Celtics +120 to win the Championship. The odds were +160 before the series started.

I wonder why the adjustment in odds hasn't been more significant!!!!

1. Boston has home court advantage.

2. Boston has been good on the road going 6-4 in the playoffs and 32 - 19 including the regular season. Odds are firmly stacked against Lakers winning both Game 6 and 7 in LA.

In my mind, these odds imply consensus favors Lakers to win 2 out of 3 in Boston. I don't believe that happens.

Celtics win Championship.

The odds figure that the Lakers will take one of 3 in Boston and get home court back.

The Lakers need to win two in Boston to win. If they go back anything other than 3-2 up, it's over.

You two really nailed this one. I seem to remember saying "the Lakers could EASILY win games 6 and 7 at home"....and then subsequently was lectured on how NBA games were the equivalent of a coin flip and how the lakers had "no shot" at winning two in a row at home. Good stuff.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:Celtics +120 to win the Championship. The odds were +160 before the series started.

2. Boston has been good on the road going 6-4 in the playoffs and 32 - 19 including the regular season. Odds are firmly stacked against Lakers winning both Game 6 and 7 in LA.

In my mind, these odds imply consensus favors Lakers to win 2 out of 3 in Boston. I don't believe that happens.

The odds figure that the Lakers will take one of 3 in Boston and get home court back.

The Lakers need to win two in Boston to win. If they go back anything other than 3-2 up, it's over.

You two really nailed this one. I seem to remember saying "the Lakers could EASILY win games 6 and 7 at home"....and then subsequently was lectured on how NBA games were the equivalent of a coin flip and how the lakers had "no shot" at winning two in a row at home. Good stuff.

Thanks for the call back, I thought about it last night. I was going to bring it up but I didnt want to kick anyone when they were down.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 am

Yes, because it certainly didn't matter that the Celtics lost their best rebounder last night.

As usual, clownshoes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yes, because it certainly didn't matter that the Celtics lost their best rebounder last night.

As usual, clownshoes.

It takes a man to just admit he was wrong....horribly wrong.....oh well.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yes, because it certainly didn't matter that the Celtics lost their best rebounder last night.

As usual, clownshoes.

Continued clownshoes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:31 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Thanks for the call back, I thought about it last night. I was going to bring it up but I didnt want to kick anyone when they were down.

1. At the end of game 2, Laker odds winning Championship were at -140 to -160

2. I predicted consensus believed Lakers were more likely to take 2 out of 3 in Boston.

3. Lakers took only 1 out of 3 in Boston.

4. At the end of game 5, Laker odds winning Championship had gone down to Even money.

5. The change in odds in favor of the Celtics partially reflects that what happened in Boston during games 3-5 was worse for the Lakers than what consensus had anticipated at the end of game 2.

6. Therefore consensus was not expecting what actually happened in Boston. At the end of game 5, Lakers turned into slight UNDERDOGS for the series, having already gotten their home court back.

This is simple and I fully expect OJ to miss simple arguments. DE, thanks for postponing your commentary to today, but this argument has already been won. It wasn't an argument about who is winning the series, but about consensus arbitrage from a betting perspective. A professional handicapper would have hedged the Celtics winning the Championship play (with guaranteed profit) with a play on the Lakers to win the series at the end of Game 5 or on the Lakers moneyline last night mid third quarter when the price on Lakers winning the game went to +270.

Thanks for your input and for the Monday morning quarterbacking.
Last edited by OldEaglePub on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:32 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

As usual, clownshoes.

I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

As usual, clownshoes.

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

1. At the end of game 2, Laker odds winning Championship were at -140 to -160

2. I predicted consensus believed Lakers were more likely to take 2 out of 3 in Boston.

3. Lakers took only 1 out of 3 in Boston.

4. At the end of game 5, Laker odds winning Championship had gone down to Even money.

5. The change in odds in favor of the Celtics partially reflects that what happened in Boston during games 3-5 was worse for the Lakers than what consensus had anticipated at the end of game 2.

6. Therefore consensus was not expecting what actually happened in Boston. At the end of game 5, Lakers turned into slight UNDERDOGS for the series, having already gotten their home court back.

This is simple and I fully expect OJ to miss simple arguments. DE, thanks for postponing your commentary to today, but this argument has already been won. It wasn't an argument about who is winning the series, but about consensus arbitrage from a betting perspective. A professional handicapper would have hedged the Celtics winning the Championship play (with guaranteed profit) with a play on the Lakers to win the series at the end of Game 5 or on the Lakers moneyline last night mid third quarter when the price on Lakers winning the game went to +270.

Thanks for your input and for the Monday morning quarterbacking.

Nice try....you also said the chances of the Lakers winning two in a row were minimal in response to me saying it could very easily happen....and that the series was over if they went back down 3-2.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 am

Woo hoo, OJ with a well earned Internet victory! Somebody get him his clownshoes award.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:10 am

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

The lakers need one of 3 in boston, 2 of 3 would be a bonus. They could very easily win 6 and 7 at home. To say they are done if they go back down 3-2 is fucking stupid.

Celtics haven't lost two in a row on the road all post season, and they have been playing better teams than the Lakers. And to say that the Lakers need one of three is fucking brilliance, considering that if they lose all three the series is over.

This series is over if the Lakers don't win 2. Period. They have no chance to win both 6 and 7 in LA.

:whammy

I am with you as far as the Celtics being on the driving seat should they go up 3-2, but still wanted to differentiate probability (as derived from odds) from probability (as I see it).

I am just trying to make a case that LA winning two straight games in LA is statistically speaking, an underdog's position (so under 50% chance). Nevertheless if someone paid me about +200 on the Lakers to win the series being down 3-2, I would probably take the Lakers.

Just saying.

OJ,

I hope your :dildodog is bigger than your brain.

The funny thing is that I know very well that you are not trying to twist this obvious argument. I am 99% certain that you actually don't grasp it.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:13 am

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

The lakers need one of 3 in boston, 2 of 3 would be a bonus. They could very easily win 6 and 7 at home. To say they are done if they go back down 3-2 is fucking stupid.

Celtics haven't lost two in a row on the road all post season, and they have been playing better teams than the Lakers. And to say that the Lakers need one of three is fucking brilliance, considering that if they lose all three the series is over.

This series is over if the Lakers don't win 2. Period. They have no chance to win both 6 and 7 in LA.

:whammy

I am with you as far as the Celtics being on the driving seat should they go up 3-2, but still wanted to differentiate probability (as derived from odds) from probability (as I see it).

I am just trying to make a case that LA winning two straight games in LA is statistically speaking, an underdog's position (so under 50% chance). Nevertheless if someone paid me about +200 on the Lakers to win the series being down 3-2, I would probably take the Lakers.

Just saying.

OJ,

I hope your :dildodog is bigger than your brain.

The funny thing is that I know very well that you are not trying to twist this obvious argument. I am 99% certain that you actually don't grasp it.

You are a fucking moron. Your argument was idiotic.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby OldEaglePub on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Woo hoo, OJ with a well earned Internet victory! Somebody get him his clownshoes award.

The not-so-small difference with the two of you is that you are stubborn because you want to instigate and bait. OJ is stubborn because he has structural cerebral deficiencies.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:15 am

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Woo hoo, OJ with a well earned Internet victory! Somebody get him his clownshoes award.

The not-so-small difference with the two of you is that you are stubborn because you want to instigate and bait.

TWB is Frito? Come back later, 'baitin'!
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 am

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:

The not-so-small difference with the two of you is that you are stubborn because you want to instigate and bait. OJ is stubborn because he has structural cerebral deficiencies.

Yes. On this board, it is more fun to be wrong than right.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 am

they are easy when you are involved.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:25 am

By the way, I am ashamed to admit I have seen Idiocracy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum