Ravenel to Ohio State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ravenel to Ohio State

Postby DCEagles30 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Looks like Evan Ravenel has officially accepted an offer to play ball at Ohio State University. Congrats to Evan. I always thought that he should've played a much larger role on this year's BC team due to his skill set for his size. Obviously Thad Matta saw something in this kid that Steve Donahue didn't.

More info @ http://www.bucksinsider.com
DCEagles30
n00b

Re: Ravenel to Ohio State

Postby BC923 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:15 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Looks like Evan Ravenel has officially accepted an offer to play ball at Ohio State University. Congrats to Evan. I always thought that he should've played a much larger role on this year's BC team due to his skill set for his size. Obviously Thad Matta saw something in this kid that Steve Donahue didn't.

More info @ http://www.bucksinsider.com

You are stupid. Ravenel should have done much more in Al's system, but he was never going to be able to play in a running system like Donahue's no matter his potential talent, his size just doesn't translate.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:02 am

That's interesting.....Ohio State actually runs more than any Steve Donahue Cornell team or this BC team (far fewer athletes). Ohio State's staff expects to utilize Ravenel as an offensive asset, instead of JUST a big body. He was never used properly in the flex b/c despite his size he was not a true "banger". Word is at his workout he showed up @ 249lbs and displayed a nice mid-range game and the ability to face up, put the ball on the floor, and get to the rim. With the type of talent OSU has, they wouldn't have offered him unless they saw something within his game that they felt would translate well in their offensive/defensive scheme.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 am

Why did he not show up at rock solid svelte 220 at BC and be quicker, stronger with more hops and stamina?

He was in the 250+ range at BC and Sanders was almost there.

THE BIGGEST GAINERS???

Wow we are gonna miss that 55 points a season.....

Cheesburger....Cheeseburger....Cheesebureger...coke ...no pepsi...

:74
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 am

Sounds like sour grapes. Its definitely a step up (most transfers from major conferences go to schools in smaller conferences). In this case, Ohio State clearly has a better/more competitive basketball program than BC. I hope he does well.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby BC923 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 am

Ravanel is only 6'8, meaning he'd have to play PF in the ACC, In SD's offense a Trapani type player is a perfect PF, his PFs have to be able to stretch the floor out to the 3 point line. I'm not saying it's good he left, he just wouldn't have been a great fit.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 pm

This is Scoonie Penn Part Deux!
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:12 pm

It's obviously not Scoonie Penn Part Deux. But, it could very well be the second coming of Willie Deane.

Here's the thing. We are DYING for Ivy League talent (forget mid-major and certainly forget high major) at this point. We simply don't have enough players to field a freaking team in a couple of years. I don't care if Ravenel would have struggled in D's system. He is a kajillion times better than what we have as a replacement... which is nobody.

I would also like to point out that this is another blow to the "Skinner can't recruit" bullshit rumor that has been disseminated by the disciples of the Board's Klansman.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 pm

OSU runs? Really? Do they just miss a lot?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:27 am

Ravanel is a great fit in the flex, but a horrible fit in a motion offense. I don't understand the OSU thing at all.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Like most people on this board you really don't know Ravenel's game. In AAU ball he got noticed b/c of his face up game and touch around the basket. Skinner tried to turn him into a bruiser b/c BC was so weak @ center. Now he gets to go to a system that wants him to get back to being offensive minded. They probably recognized that BC was not using Ravenel properly.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:27 pm

30--I knew you posted shit here before and insulted my great humble genius.

Alas, this time you are 100% correct and I am so wrong....

His 17 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists will be sorely missed night after night.... :lol: :lol:

Ravenel was less than small potatoes...he was a tater tot.

110 points in 2 years....you could average 6 points by accident and this guy was molasses

:74 -You stupid racist asshole.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:32 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:30--I knew you posted shit here before and insulted my great humble genius.

Alas, this time you are 100% correct and I am so wrong....

His 17 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists will be sorely missed night after night.... :lol: :lol:

Ravenel was less than small potatoes...he was a tater tot.

110 points in 2 years....you could average 6 points by accident and this guy was molasses

:74 -You stupid racist asshole.

3rd highest points per shot on the team last season, but 10th on the team in minutes. I'll reiterate what someone else said earlier - he may not be a stud, but he's way better than that invisible guy who is taking his place for the next 2 years.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 pm

We got plenty of guys to repace that 1 point a game.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:We got plenty of guys to repace that 1 point a game.

Who? John Ekweozar?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:37 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Like most people on this board you really don't know Ravenel's game. In AAU ball he got noticed b/c of his face up game and touch around the basket. Skinner tried to turn him into a bruiser b/c BC was so weak @ center. Now he gets to go to a system that wants him to get back to being offensive minded. They probably recognized that BC was not using Ravenel properly.

I find this hard to believe, at least his "face up game". Whoever said he's better than the invisible player we have is totally correct, although Ravanel needed to drop about 25 pounds to be an effective player. He reminded me of Shameri Spears
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Like most people on this board you really don't know Ravenel's game. In AAU ball he got noticed b/c of his face up game and touch around the basket. Skinner tried to turn him into a bruiser b/c BC was so weak @ center. Now he gets to go to a system that wants him to get back to being offensive minded. They probably recognized that BC was not using Ravenel properly.

I find this hard to believe, at least his "face up game". Whoever said he's better than the invisible player we have is totally correct, although Ravanel needed to drop about 25 pounds to be an effective player. He reminded me of Shameri Spears

Except about four inches taller, so he didn't have to shoot fade-aways from 3 feet.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:We got plenty of guys to repLace that 1 point a game.

Who? John Ekweozar?

I hope we tack this thread since one day we cna look at your mindless stupidity...

One point a game....

WTF....

Tater tot???

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Who? John Ekweozar?

I hope we tack this thread since one day we cna look at your mindless stupidity...

One point a game....

WTF....

Tater tot???

Thanks for naming all those replacement players.

Sanders averaged 3.5 times the points playing 3 times the minutes and taking 4 times more shots. Not that's productivity! I guess there's no relation between points and minutes per game. How stupidity of me!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 pm

I haven't read this thread and don't really plan to (because I'm sick of transfers, there I said it), but I hope someone has pointed out that Ravanel was fat and therefore largely a non-factor. And, yet, he could have been our second best player on 2011-2012. This is how much we suck.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:37 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Who? John Ekweozar?

One point a game....

WTF....

Tater tot???

Sanders averaged 3.5 times the points playing 3 times the minutes and taking 4 times more shots. Not that's productivity! I guess there's no relation between points and minutes per game. How stupidity of me!

Sanders' stats are more impressive. They were both fat pant loads, and Ravenel only had to maintain his production in short bursts. Sanders had to drag his fat ass up and down the court for 30 minutes a game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Who? John Ekweozar?

One point a game....

WTF....

Tater tot???

Sanders' stats are more impressive. They were both fat pant loads, and Ravenel only had to maintain his production in short bursts. Sanders had to drag his fat ass up and down the court for 30 minutes a game.

These are the type of players we're trying to get away from at BC...fat pot smoking players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 74'z-jerble on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:59 pm

I think that lean and mean pot smokers who can hoop would be fine with most of us, dude. Even us caucasian catholics smoke a little weed on occasion, no?
74'z-jerble
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Yet another alias baby maker...

FYI gang--this weeks Sports Illustrated --my main baskeball guy...

Nolan Richardson is with the Tulsa women's team and is still the greatest.

I could see Nolan shoving a bong up their asses and making them run at 5AM until they died or puked.

40 Minutes of Hell is what Stevie D and BC need.

Jerbel just needs the burn in hell with a mouse up his ass.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum