WHAT IF .Wade, LeBron and Bosh..MAKE YOUR PICKS ON TOP FA's!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

WHAT IF .Wade, LeBron and Bosh..MAKE YOUR PICKS ON TOP FA's!

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat May 29, 2010 8:13 am

FACT: The NBA has had it with the Knicks floundering for mostly all of the last 37 years in the NBA playoffs.

That kills contract TV ad revenue and future contract base TV $$$$$$$$$.

All 3 big free agents are talking and you can bet the Knicks/NBA are in on the deal...through agents or peeps or pimps..

Knicks are $36.7 or $38.7 under now.

Max is 16M in Year 1 for any FA. or close?

What if the Knicks trade a big contract guy (or even a $6M contract guy) in a sign and trade and use the remaining cap maybe $36-$42 and go:

13-13-13 --and all 3 take 3M less in year 1 -- or 2 take less ---- and maybe the following years for say a 2/3 year deal and then in Year 3/4 with the League $$$$ soaring with a signature glamour franchise in NY and LA --they can get all 3 under the cap?

The Knicks could go 12-12-13 right now with no sign and trade extra cap juice??

Endorsements are unreal in NYC and when you make $16 or $12 WTF is the difference?-- (unless you are Barkley, Walker or Iverson)-- Especially for Lebron since he wants a ring and taking $4M less cna get him Wade and Bosh??/

DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THE THINKING FOR THE FREE WORLD IN SPORTS, POLITICS, POOPING, FAITH, RELIGION, and all else.

Where is the NO CONTENT stalker CC to tell me to move this to the Salary Cap thread?

Bow down to my 7 year ahead of the curve thinking and genius!!!

TOB, ACC, ELVIS SKINNER, GAME PICKS, 2010 SENATE PICKS, Road to New Orleans, ---one day the old backup servers from EI will be tossed into the Terminator junkyard and someone will have a time capsule of my stupidity!!!

:lol:

JUSTIN TIME ---CHECK PLEASE!!
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: WHAT IF ....Wade, LeBron and Bosh.....

Postby eaglesmith on Sat May 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Not gonna happen. Knicks fans will have to be happy with a David Lee/Joe Johnson combo.

They'll make a run at Carmelo and/or Chris Paul in 2011.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 pm

The last thing the NBA wants is to be one-sided.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat May 29, 2010 11:41 pm

1--LeBron is a Knick.

2--Bosh will follow.

3--Wade's crazy revenge and scorned wife will chop off his hand during the divorce paper signing

Wade will be blowing on his missing hand. Its a reflex thing.

Wade wife says, "Ask me if I give a fuck? Now he can play with Captain Hook!"

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:13 am

74 --Always a few steps ahead of the world, especially in sports...or for that matter everything..... :roll: :roll:

Do not be fooled by this House Organ ESPN Stooge..who has once again missed the big 74 enchildada!!

The NBA, TV, Stern, a few of the rich owners want this to happen.

Collusion in this players case--in this monster FA year---- is in their (OWNERS/NBA) best interests!

They could not stop it anyway with their agents talking,---- (IT'S A FREE WORLD FOR FREE AGENTS)!!!--- so after the DEVIL deal is down...... the NBA will make a huge OMG...... :roll: .....dog and pony stink show--we didn not intend this to happen and change some who gives a fuck new FA and salary rule like it will matter in the future------ and laugh at the other 31 NBA Teams.....and owners...

Why do you say this power shift and paradigm changer to the players oh 74 Humble Genius Oracle is what the NBA wants???

Please..... :lol: :roll:

These guys on ESPN, TNT and the NYT and all miss the point....

THE NBA has set up the NY Knicks, the glamour franchise that has been in the gutter for most of 38 years to get at least 2 of the major 4 or so free agents and maybe all 3!

Strange how the Knicks cleared all that 2010-2011>> cap space so easily with difficult trades???

Lebron is ................NEW YORK.....cue the Jay Z song.....

This is in the best interests of the NBA, TV, marketing, the new international push, China Stern and the other West coast team has some mileage left and that is the 2 major media AD markets and selling faces of the NBA!

We need a guy in Vegas about 2 hours after the Lakers win to load a few thousand on the Knicks to win the title if they are stupid enough to post any odds???

Whose your Daddy? .....read below and know I keep our BC Nation days ahead of the curve....

WTF would you kids do without my humble, humble genius??

Are NBA free agents colluding?

Is meeting of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson innocuous?Email By Mark Kreidler

Did you feel that? Or did the newest paradigm shift in the NBA blow right past you without your picking up the vibration?

These movements can be stealthy, after all. Sometimes they arrive in the subtle form of a new contract clause, an opt-out or no-trade sentence that sets the tone for future superstar negotiations. Sometimes it's simply the height of a money stack that either changes things or changes the way people look at those things.

And then, every once in a while, a person like Dwyane Wade puts it right out there for everyone to see, hear and feel.

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have played together before, in the Olympics and on All-Star teams.

So did you feel it? Because Wade sure isn't trying to keep the latest shift a secret.

Wade's recent words to the Chicago Tribune, in fact, were as innocuous-sounding as they were enormous. He described the new power structure in a few casual sentences, making the whole thing seem no more significant than a coffee klatch with some buddies at the local Java Joint.

But make no mistake: When Wade talks about sitting down with LeBron James and Joe Johnson (and perhaps Chris Bosh) to discuss free agency and where each of them will wind up playing, he is absolutely suggesting that a tiny handful of elite players could conspire -- that's the familiar use of the word, not the legal -- to determine the future direction of the league.

Moreover, Wade has no problem saying exactly that. Read again his precise words. As Wade told the Tribune's Fred Mitchell, "You don't know what guys are thinking and where they're going. I think we'll all sit down, and before one of us makes a decision, all of us will have spoken to each other and [listened to the] thinking."

The kicker? "A lot of decisions [will be based on] what other players are willing to do and what other guys want to do. So it's not just a 'me' situation here. We all have to look and see what each other is thinking."
Wow. That's your modern-era power grab, that is. That's the top handful of free agents in a supposedly open marketplace conferring about what each of them will do, which is essentially the same as those free agents pooling their bargaining power to leverage decisions around the NBA. If the owners did that outside of a collective bargaining session, they'd have a grievance slapped on their noggins within the hour.

In this case, it's apparently perfectly acceptable. Heck, it even has its roots in a time-honored act.

Be afraid, NBA owners. Be very, very afraid.

2010 NBA Free Agency
Every city with any available cap space or an aggressive owner is making a case to the NBA's premier free agent. What's the latest headline? LeBron Tracker »

There certainly is no news value in the notion that players talk to fellow players about their futures. They've only been doing it since the advent of contracts. More recently, the idea of the stars on an NBA team openly wooing free agents via text, e-mail, voicemail, etc. is so common as to be unremarkable. You'd almost worry if it didn't happen.

Beyond that, the league has no rules to address this sort of thing. David Stern may be able to tell Mark Cuban when to clam up (or at least to tell Cuban how much it's going to cost him to speak), but the commissioner would have a hard time convincing anybody in America that D-Wade can't chat up LeBron about who is going to get his millions where.
But wait: Is this really the future of the NBA? This is collusion, correct? Collusion, pure and simple. What Wade is saying is exactly that: He and the other top players will get together and sort things out, and talk about who is going where. Wade said it: It's not just a "me" situation.

So when did free agency become a collective?

The idea that Wade might be curious about where James is going makes plenty of sense. The idea that Johnson's destination might affect Bosh's destination, or vice versa, is right on. You can construct a few scenarios in which a couple of these guys wind up on the same team; the Knicks and the Nets, to name two, could afford more than one top-tier free agent.
Bert Hardy/Picture Post/Getty Images
Could a conversation among NBA free agents turn into the kind of backroom deal associated more with robber barons and gangsters?

But those scenarios generally play themselves out on the open market, with no predetermined winner. In an open market, bids come and go unexpectedly. Coaches get moved around. Owners make surprise impassioned pleas. Free agents do strange things.

Not this summer. Not with the Gang of Four on hand. (Wade mentioned James and Johnson, but by several accounts, Bosh will be included in the "meeting.") There is nothing on the record to confirm that one meeting of a bunch of NBA stars is going to completely decide which teams get which players; but on the other hand, you do the math.

Again: If the owners did this, they'd be getting sued yesterday.

Maybe the most remarkable facet of the conversation is how casual Wade makes it all sound. You know, it's a bunch of friends getting together to talk hoops, and what could possibly be controversial about that?

It is not until you parse the words that you realize what's going on, and honestly, what is going on is impressive. It is a transfer of power from owner to player -- and on the players' side, a union within a union. Welcome to the NBA's summer of shift. Seat belts no longer optional.

Mark Kreidler is a longtime contributor to ESPN.com. His most recent book, "Six Good Innings," was named one of the top 10 sports books of 2009 by Booklist. Reach him at mark@markkreidler.com.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:37 am

Even if the Knicks get Lebron and Bosh....they also have the other mid level exception open and could sign another Ray Allen type since he is a FA or mid level guy??

Knicks have it all AND --sign and trade options too.

Amare Stoudimire.(will opt out)....Dirk Nowitski....plus guys with early termination outs....

Collusion.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I would like to have been on the other end -- (FLY ON THE WALL) --of that NBA bigwigs meeting 2-3 years ago with Stern, TV, NBA Marketing, Ad people on.... :lol:

HOW THE FUCK DO WE GET THE NBA AND OUR WORLD WIDE DIAMOND CENTERPIECE FACE OF THE NBA TO THE WORLD......LEBRON TO NYC IN 3 YEARS and CAN THE NBA HELP CLEAR ENOUGH KNICKS CAP SPACE SO HE CAN HAVE A PARTNER like Pippen for Jordan, Gasol for Kobe, or Kobe with Shaq, or the now aged Big 3 in Boston?

Please...Collusion....I got your collusion for ya...it starts with Stern..

:bowdown :bowdown I just hailed my own bad self. :lame

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon May 31, 2010 11:51 am

Amare is gonna opt out....what a surprise...just in... :bored

Stoudemire talks looming free agency

Another big name wants in on the upcoming NBA free-agent superstar summit.

Amare Stoudemire, who is likely to opt out of the final year of his current contract, told AOL Fanhouse that he expects to join in talks with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson before free agency begins on July 1.

"I'm friends with LeBron, Dwyane, Chris [Bosh] -- all those guys are friends of mine," Stoudemire told AOL Fanhouse. "So I'm pretty sure they'll call me and we'll talk about a few things."

Stoudemire

Wade told the Chicago Tribune last week that he planned to talk with James and Johnson before making a decision on where he would sign this summer. A source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Bosh also would be part of those talks.

Wade said last week that he did not know yet when the players would talk. Wade's agent, Henry Thomas, said last week that no formal sit-down sessions among the headliners of this summer's class have been scheduled.

James, Wade and Bosh became close while playing together on the U.S. Olympic basketball team that won the gold medal at the Beijing Games. While they've pondered the possibility of playing together in the NBA, only two of the stars are likely to wind up on the same team once the dust clears.

Last week, the NBA said Wade did not break any league tampering rules with his comments.

Under league rules, players cannot tamper with other players, though it's a given that players talking among themselves not only happens, but is impossible to regulate.

The NBA metes out discipline only in what it said are "the most egregious" cases, and said Wade's comments "do not meet that standard."

LeBron Tracker
Where will LeBron James land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker

Stoudemire, who has spent all eight seasons with the Phoenix Suns after coming to the NBA directly from high school, is due to make $17 million in the final year of his contract. He can opt out, and he wants a maximum deal.

Suns coach Alvin Gentry said Sunday that "you would expect" Stoudemire to opt out of his contract and test the free-agent market.

"If you're asking me, 'Do we want him back?' Yeah, we want him back," Gentry said.

Stoudemire has said that he is "50-50" on returning to the Suns. On Sunday, he said he would begin mulling his future Monday.

The Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets and Miami Heat are among the teams with enough cap space to add one or two big-ticket free agents this offseason.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Wade & LeBron on the same team is an absolute disaster of epic proportions. Fact.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:29 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Wade & LeBron on the same team is an absolute disaster of epic proportions. Fact.

Unless LeBron moves to PF.

The Cavs had him up top, bringing the ball up...all over.

I say Lebron is gonna be a Knick, his CNN was false hope, and either Bosh or amare is coming with him.

Wade stays in FLA and maybe gets Bosh?

Maybe Chicago...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: WHAT IF ....Wade, LeBron and Bosh.....MAKE YOUR PICKS!

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 am

LEBRON -- KNICKS --- New York!
WADE -- HEAT -- Need max for divorce and lawsuits
BOSH -- KNICKS -- Missing piece
STOUDAMIRE -- HEAT -- Joins Wade so he stays.
NOWITSKI -- SUNS --Joins Nash and replaces Stoudamire.
JOHNSON --BULLS -- Chiacgo calling
BOOZER -- BULLS --- Thye have cap space.
LEE -- NETS -- Feels left out and joins Nets crosstown.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: WHAT IF .Wade, LeBron and Bosh..MAKE YOUR PICKS ON TOP FA's!

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 am

And what on earth is the fascination with Chris Bosh? I realize he's a solid steady player, but is he even one of the top 5 PF's in the league right now? The guy is a 7 foot/215 pound jump shooter! On what planet does that make this guy a max deal player? He's dramatically overrated and at his best is a poor mans version of KG (minus the intensity).
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:03 am

I like Stoudamire better than Bosh.

The Knicks have some big men....they might actually go LeBron and Wade....and move LeBron to small forward at his size and strength....Wade may be 2 and play some point too?

Lots of possibilities..

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 am

LeBron and Wade to the Harlem Globetrotters. No salary cap.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/06/the_lebron_rumor_mill_just_go.html
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

LeBron -- Bulls
Wade -- Heat
BOSH -- Heat
STOUDAMIRE -- Clippers or Bulls
NOWITSKI -- Mavericks. He's stated he wants to retire a Maverick.
JOHNSON -- Atlanta
BOOZER -- Cavaliers
LEE -- Knicks or Nets

85% of this will probably be wrong. I'm no 74 or anything.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:20 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:LeBron -- Bulls
Wade -- Heat
BOSH -- Heat
STOUDAMIRE -- Clippers or Bulls
NOWITSKI -- Mavericks. He's stated he wants to retire a Maverick.
JOHNSON -- Atlanta
BOOZER -- Cavaliers
LEE -- Knicks or Nets

85% of this will probably be wrong. I'm no 74 or anything.

Yes, you have a great future and doing the complete :P opposite of my mentoring will guarantee you great success, the White House, a great wife and vast fortunes....

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum