Board's Take on SD's Initial Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Board's Take on SD's Initial Recruiting

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 26, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm really not thrilled by our targets. I'm also really not thrilled by forcing our entire 2010 class out the door in exchange for nobody. I'm rather surprised that Joe Jones, billed an "infamous recruiter", has been dormant.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Wed May 26, 2010 4:44 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm really not thrilled by our targets. I'm also really not thrilled by forcing our entire 2010 class out the door in exchange for nobody. I'm rather surprised that Joe Jones, billed an "infamous recruiter", has been dormant.

This is fucking retarded.

1. He didn't force the entire 2010 class out. The only one that has been rumored to be forced out was Heslip and the only one who has confirmed that rumor is his unbiased "father"

2. You have no idea what the fuck Joe Jones has been doing.

Keep posting this idoitic shit on this board though, you are bound to get HJS to agree and whine with you. You might aswell go become a fan of another school because if we are going to whine and bitch and moan and no give the guy a real chance, there is no way he is going to succeed. Jesus, the guy has been here for a month and a half and its not like we have a basketball history like Duke or UNC to fall back on.

:81
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 4:45 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm really not thrilled by our targets. I'm also really not thrilled by forcing our entire 2010 class out the door in exchange for nobody. I'm rather surprised that Joe Jones, billed an "infamous recruiter", has been dormant.

1. He didn't force the entire 2010 class out. The only one that has been rumored to be forced out was Heslip and the only one who has confirmed that rumor is his unbiased "father"

Keep posting this idoitic shit on this board though, you are bound to get HJS to agree and whine with you. You might aswell go become a fan of another school because if we are going to whine and bitch and moan and no give the guy a real chance, there is no way he is going to succeed. Jesus, the guy has been here for a month and a half and its not like we have a basketball history like Duke or UNC to fall back on.

All true. But he has signed three recruits. Are you excited?

The concerns may be premature, but they are most certainly legit. He doesn't have time to screw around - he needs to have the future of this program in place by November.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 4:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:TRE,

Forgive carolina, as she's just a little perturbed that Duke has surpassed UNC as the pre-eminent program in the ACC.

unless it happened 5 years ago, she hasn't realized it yet

for those long time posters... i have elevated carolina2010 to "thebowl"/"domer44" status

It's okay Carolina 2010, I'd root for WVU, UConn or Notre Dame before I'd ever root for Duke. Duke is the only program in the country that I'd consider physical violence against their fans ok and acceptable.

you're barking up the wrong bush, omar. she went to school at oklahoma, married a bc hoops player and knows everything about college basketball and bc due to the fact that jerry york once told her to get out of his parking spot

Keep wettin' me, TR... It's comforting to know that you've committed my info to memory (although you left out the fact that I have a PhD from UNC)... I must've made an impression! :lol:
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:00 pm

PHD's?

I got a PHD from North Carolina too in human husbandry while you were buttjamming goats!

Anyone here want a BC PHD?

I got 2 and one on the way!

Inqueerious within the sanctitties of the Towers of my Mind!!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby totheights on Wed May 26, 2010 5:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

All true. But he has signed three recruits. Are you excited?

The concerns may be premature, but they are most certainly legit. He doesn't have time to screw around - he needs to have the future of this program in place by November.

Absolutely am not impressed. But I am willing to give him more than a month and a half to get legit recruits. If he can only land these types of recruits for the '11 class, we are absolutely fucked.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:PHD's?

I got a PHD from North Carolina too in human husbandry while you were buttjamming goats!

Anyone here want a BC PHD?

I got 2 and one on the way!

Inqueerious within the sanctitties of the Towers of my Mind!!

COMEDY!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:clearly your phd is neither in english nor the classics.

and i guess you're right - people that make a complete jackass out of themselves within the first few days of their arrival typically make an impression on me. of course, it's not really a good one - but you don't need to make good first impressions because you go to the same tailor (for your husband's assistant coach suits) as fr leahy.

Please forgive me, in advance, for not giving a rat's ass about your assessment of my tenure on this board. You seem to be a rather small person... in many respects. :bored
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:28 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: and you seem to be a chest puffing baffoon with nothing but incorrect statements of fact and lame cliche to back up your chest puffery.

plus, you clearly fail in the correct use of sarcasm. but, you once spilled a drink on tim o'shea... so you're golden

small... :blah ... wait a minute! - was this a SMACKDOWN?!?!? :popcorn
Last edited by carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby William S on Wed May 26, 2010 5:29 pm

carolina2010, have you ever spent any time in Akron, Ohio?
William S
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:

Who the fuck is this guy? Why is he the only person on this board who thinks I am in the Eagledom/HJS class?

1. When I say "force out", maybe what I'm trying to say is "LOST THE WHOLE GODDAMN CLASS."

2. Do you know what the fuck Joe Jones is doing? It isn't recruiting, which was my point.

Quit being a baby maker. It's getting annoying.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

William S {l Wrote}:carolina2010, have you ever spent any time in Akron, Ohio?

why do you ask?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:well, i guess you told me. hopefully you understand small better than sarcasm. you know, like when you told us all about the recruiting rules that you learned from your assistant coach husband (that were abolished 5 years prior) - that was more than a small mistake. small would be more like your input above where you blew our minds telling us that kids that think they are good at basketball would like to try to make a lot of money playing basketball. i'm guessing your assistant coach husband told you all about that insider information too. remind me again, how many kids has your assistant coach husband's program sent to the nba?

TR... you'd 'give Becky' just to sniff the balls of a BC basketball player... whatever my associations... understand that you are and will ALWAYS be on the outside looking in... pontificating about coaching/recruitment maneuvers that you can't understand... while I'm attending final 4 after final 4... but keep 'em coming!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so that's ZERO nba players that your assistant coach husband's program has put in the nba. gotcha. well, at least you're comment above about what kids want from their ncaa coaches comes from a position of knowledge as deep as your understanding of recruiting rules.

now, how about you put that carolina phd to good use and make an assistant coach's dinner. you better make it with care or he'll leave you behind for the next final 4 so he can sniff bc basketball players balls (from the outside looking in)

was that the sound of your mouth opening? :o
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:59 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: you ready to admit that you lied about your former bc basketball player assistant coach yet, or are you going to continue with that lie?

SOOO.... THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT! You HATE me... 'cause you AIN'T me! Damn. THAT'S really small... like tiny.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:06 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: no - i hate you because you pretend to be something you're not. don't get me wrong, many people here do the same thing except you take it to an unacceptable level. you claim to be something you aren't and then use that as support for your statements and musings. the problem is - you're not what you claim to be and therefore your statements and musings are just as opinion based as the rest of us.

that's what i would call small... but - only because you brought it up.

however - as pedro pointed out earlier, you clearly lack the logic gene. i'm sure none of this is making any sense to you

What you want is for me to reveal my husband's identity... I WON'T BITE.

I reiterate... s.m.a.l.l. :lol:
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:from what you've already told us (if it wasn't all lies) there is a VERY finite universe of people that could potentially be your husband. they would have had to play for skinner in his early years and they would currently be employed as a college basketball coach. it wouldn't take long to run all the permutations and determine how many of them are in the north carolina triangle. i'm guessing its not many...

i'm thinking one of two things right now. either you lied about the whole thing... or you lied about still being married. either way, i'm certain there's a lie in there (and it's not a small lie).

you painted yourself into this corner when you tried to tell us all how smart you are. you bragged on a whole lot of things and puffed your chest larger than it appears that you should have (based on your obvious mistakes and lack of knowledge). now you're out of room so i'm curious where you head next. i'm assuming its more projection from you about how small i am while voicing the way that you (and likely society around you) feel about yourself

Yes... what you said! :roll: NOW whose logic is flawed?!?!?!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:21 pm

I can't tell which beating I didn't initiate that I am enjoying more.

:popcorn
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I can't tell which beating I didn't initiate that I am enjoying more.

:popcorn

i know - she's PWNING me. i'm just trying to get back to even here

I didn't say which way the beating was going. That said, our 17 year old friend from Hingham is kicking ass and taking names.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: help me understand what your message means? i'm not understanding what flaw in my logic you are referring to. it seems pretty clear cut to me so help me understand the logic jump that i missed. thanks

Lemme get this straight... you want me to demean my PhD by explaining something to you? I would oblige... but dinner's on the range.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:29 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: help me understand what your message means? i'm not understanding what flaw in my logic you are referring to. it seems pretty clear cut to me so help me understand the logic jump that i missed. thanks

Lemme get this straight... you want me to demean my PhD by explaining something to you? I would oblige... but dinner's on the range.

The range? Is this Terry Driscoll's wife?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

you mean you are warming up your take-home perk from your job at Popeye's?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: The range? Is this Terry Driscoll's wife?

It's a bit late to try to insert yourself in this exchange... TR's a big boy.... correction s.m.a.l.l. boy...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}: you mean you are warming up your take-home perk from your job at Popeye's?

You want in, too... i suppose! Alas...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

It's a bit late to try to insert yourself in this exchange... TR's a big boy.

I was just commenting on the Eisenhower-era nomenclature. I hit golf balls on a range. I cook on a stove.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:another nice deflection.

yes - i would like for you to explain how ZERO former al skinner players are currently coaching in a d1 program in the nc triangle, yet your husband is an assistant coach of a d1 program (that feeds kids to the nba due to his and his collegues relationships with nba players) that he obtained with assistance from his basketball career at boston college under al skinner

Have you been researching me... inbox me the spreadsheet outlining your likelihood models... :geek: BTW... you're still small.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

I was just commenting on the Eisenhower-era nomenclature. I hit golf balls on a range. I cook on a stove.

When you grow up and make some paper... you'll be able to cook on this: http://www.wolfappliance.com/GasRanges. LMAO!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:39 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

When you grow up and make some paper... you'll be able to cook on this: http://www.wolfappliance.com/GasRanges. LMAO!

That's really nice. I will be sure to let my butler know.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: here's linky number one where you claimed to be the wife of a former bc player and current d1 bball coach

keep 'em coming! :geek: This pretty much sums up our exchange thus far - http://www.hhs.gov/web/images/sumo2.png ...but you get an 'A' for effort! :D
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 pm

No rocketcarring, ATL killer.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum