Board's Take on SD's Initial Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Board's Take on SD's Initial Recruiting

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: and if you like, i can tell the board the location of the two ip addresses that you post from and you can explain the lack of people that fit into your two classifications above within hundreds of miles of there... or you could (a) walk away / (2) admit you're a lying sack of crap

I'll take Door No. 3, Monty... [#3 - Watch a virtual suicide] :P
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:49 pm

TR...seriously... my DH is telling me I should leave your sniveling ass alone... but I just can't help myself. Are you ready to :whiteflag yet? ...I'm giving you an out, dude. Take it... unless you have some new material. Post the IP address, what do I care?!?!? Doesn't mean shit.

Damn... you've entertained me this evening, though!
Last edited by carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:51 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:TR...seriously... my DH is telling me I should leave your sniveling ass alone... but I just can't help myself. Are you ready to :whiteflag yet? ...I'm giving you an out, dude. Take it... unless you have some new material. Post the IP address, what do I care?!?!? Doesn't mean shit.

You have a Designated Hitter? Awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:So my DH is telling me I should leave your sniveling ass alone... but I just can't help myself. Are you ready to :whiteflag yet? ...I'm giving you an out, dude. Take it.

what's a dh? the guy that coaches 450 miles away?

How the fuck do you swing and MISS at a GD ball? Keep steppin' up to the plate though. You're bound to make contact sooner than later!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: You have a Designated Hitter? Awesome.

I guess you could call him that! ;)
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby totheights on Wed May 26, 2010 6:57 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm really not thrilled by our targets. I'm also really not thrilled by forcing our entire 2010 class out the door in exchange for nobody. I'm rather surprised that Joe Jones, billed an "infamous recruiter", has been dormant.

This is fucking retarded.

1. He didn't force the entire 2010 class out. The only one that has been rumored to be forced out was Heslip and the only one who has confirmed that rumor is his unbiased "father"

2. You have no idea what the fuck Joe Jones has been doing.

Keep posting this idoitic shit on this board though, you are bound to get HJS to agree and whine with you. You might aswell go become a fan of another school because if we are going to whine and bitch and moan and no give the guy a real chance, there is no way he is going to succeed. Jesus, the guy has been here for a month and a half and its not like we have a basketball history like Duke or UNC to fall back on.

:81

Who the fuck is this guy? Why is he the only person on this board who thinks I am in the Eagledom/HJS class?

1. When I say "force out", maybe what I'm trying to say is "LOST THE WHOLE GODDAMN CLASS."

2. Do you know what the fuck Joe Jones is doing? It isn't recruiting, which was my point.

Quit being a baby maker. It's getting annoying.

1. If that is what you were trying to say. FUCKING SAY IT. Don't try to make your point by twisting the words around. Forcing players out is a giant leap from losing the whole class.

2. Once again how the fuck do you know what the fuck Joe Jones is doing? Are you are BC watching all of Joe Jones moves? You do realize it takes scouting, talking to, visiting, convincing a players coach, getting a visit from a player, getting the player to trust you as a coach, getting the player to like the school, getting the player to buy into the school? Contrary to your belief, Joe Jones can't just call a player once and get a fucking commit.

Keep making yourself look like an idiot though. It's getting annoying.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:57 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: You have a Designated Hitter? Awesome.

I guess you could call him that! ;)

What happens when you play interleague?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: divorced husband?

Hot damn... you don't quit! :boxer
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: What happens when you play interleague?

Much to his chagrin... we're both on injured reserve during interleague play!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Carolina - 1
TRE - 0
:band
Last edited by carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:TRE... I take your silence to mean that you've accepted defeat.

check your pm...

and, as i said above, i'm gonna run now. you and coach have a good night

I did... and nothing's changed! Still a swing and a MISS. Next time... don't WASTE my time.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 26, 2010 7:16 pm

So TRE wants to 'OUT' my real identity on the board...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
1. If that is what you were trying to say. FUCKING SAY IT. Don't try to make your point by twisting the words around. Forcing players out is a giant leap from losing the whole class.

2. Once again how the fuck do you know what the fuck Joe Jones is doing? Are you are BC watching all of Joe Jones moves? You do realize it takes scouting, talking to, visiting, convincing a players coach, getting a visit from a player, getting the player to trust you as a coach, getting the player to like the school, getting the player to buy into the school? Contrary to your belief, Joe Jones can't just call a player once and get a fucking commit.

1. Who's twisting words around? Why the fuck would I? It's the same result. NO NEW GODDAMN PLAYERS FOR NEXT YEAR. Think about that for a sec, sunshine. It's been a month and a half, sure. But how satisfied are you with Clifford over Noreen? Odio over Heslip? Rubin over Papa?

2. How do you know Stevie D didn't force anyone out? Clearly, you know everything. So enlighten me with your unqestionable knowlege of BC basketball. Either you sleep in ther same bed as Stevie D, or you're speaking out of your giant gaping asshole. I assume it's the latter, but hey, surprises happen.

You're a real kick in the teeth, whatever your name is.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

1. Who's twisting words around? Why the fuck would I? It's the same result. NO NEW GODDAMN PLAYERS FOR NEXT YEAR. Think about that for a sec, sunshine. It's been a month and a half, sure. But how satisfied are you with Clifford over Noreen? Odio over Heslip? Rubin over Papa?

2. How do you know Stevie D didn't force anyone out? Clearly, you know everything. So enlighten me with your unqestionable knowlege of BC basketball. Either you sleep in ther same bed as Stevie D, or you're speaking out of your giant gaping asshole. I assume it's the latter, but hey, surprises happen.

You're a real kick in the teeth, whatever your name is.

1. Is it really hard for you to read? You wrote "He forced out all the 2010" then you said that isn't what you meant. You said you meant there are no new players coming in. Well if that is what you fucking meant, say it. That is the exact definition of twisting words.

2. I have no idea if he forced or didn't force anyone out. But the only one who has suggested that he was forced out was a guy who was holding a grudge against BC because they fired Al Skinner. Not exactly what I would call a reliable source. I have no idea what happened with out recruits and transfers, but neither do you. Therefore we should just assume, everyone thought it would be better for them to leave and go somewhere else, mutually.

Oh and no I'm not happy with our recruiting so far either, but I am not going to make up a bunch of bullshit to make my argument look better.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu May 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm not making stuff up or twisting words around at all. I'm not making stuff up to make my argument look better because quite frankly, both of our arguments look like shit. And another thing, if you don't know that Steve Donahue didn't force anyone out, then why are you talking like you know it? I surmise that he forced at least one of them out. I don't believe that those three talented players came to Boston College just for Al Skinner. Do you?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Thu May 27, 2010 8:18 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm not making stuff up or twisting words around at all. I'm not making stuff up to make my argument look better because quite frankly, both of our arguments look like shit. And another thing, if you don't know that Steve Donahue didn't force anyone out, then why are you talking like you know it? I surmise that he forced at least one of them out. I don't believe that those three talented players came to Boston College just for Al Skinner. Do you?

Yes, yes I do.

That is kind of what happens when a coaching staff recruits you for 2 or more years, and the whole coaching staff gets fired. Anyone with any minimal knowledge of recruiting knows that, and since you don't know that I'm just going to let you act like and idiot and spew your bitching and moaning like a teenage girl and let you continue to be ignorant on the topic until you know even a little bit about the topic.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu May 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Most players do select a school based on the coaching staff, which is why there's a lot of momentum around players opting not to sign NLI's and instead signing 'financial aid offers' with universities. It's protection in case staff changes are made. Doing so allows them to leave without restriction save for what conference and NCAA guidelines curtail.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu May 27, 2010 10:09 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I'm not making stuff up or twisting words around at all. I'm not making stuff up to make my argument look better because quite frankly, both of our arguments look like shit. And another thing, if you don't know that Steve Donahue didn't force anyone out, then why are you talking like you know it? I surmise that he forced at least one of them out. I don't believe that those three talented players came to Boston College just for Al Skinner. Do you?

Yes, yes I do.

That is kind of what happens when a coaching staff recruits you for 2 or more years, and the whole coaching staff gets fired. Anyone with any minimal knowledge of recruiting knows that, and since you don't know that I'm just going to let you act like and idiot and spew your bitching and moaning like a teenage girl and let you continue to be ignorant on the topic until you know even a little bit about the topic.

Stop being condescending. This wouldn't be a slapfight if you stopped treating me like shit. And first of all, you can't tell me, even though you know it all, that 100% of the time players pick schools based on coaching staff. That's certainly what you're making it sound like. And second of all, I'm not bitching. I haven't dissaproved of Stevie D yet, because he has yet to coach during an officiated NCAA basketball game. These next two years will make or break the program over the next 5-6 years. There's no reason to panic, but there's a damn good reason to be worried. Stop putting me in the same boat as OJ. It's really annoying. You're really the only person here who talks to me this way. Calm down.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

Yes, yes I do.

Stop being condescending. This wouldn't be a slapfight if you stopped treating me like shit. And first of all, you can't tell me, even though you know it all, that 100% of the time players pick schools based on coaching staff. That's certainly what you're making it sound like. And second of all, I'm not bitching. I haven't dissaproved of Stevie D yet, because he has yet to coach during an officiated NCAA basketball game. These next two years will make or break the program over the next 5-6 years. There's no reason to panic, but there's a damn good reason to be worried. Stop putting me in the same boat as OJ. It's really annoying. You're really the only person here who talks to me this way. Calm down.

No players don't chose schools 100% of the time because of the coaching staff, but if you think that isn't atleast 50% of the decision you are sorrily mistaken. What person in their right mind would commit to a coach they don't know and/or don't like? How would that make any sense? There is a difference between our coaching change and other schools coaching changes because we not only fired our coach, but we also let go every single once of our assistant coaches. Wake Forest kept a few of their assistants, as did Clemson and that is why they kept some of their recruits.

You would have to be so in love with a school to stay their when the entire coaching staff is changed and you have a chance to go elsewhere. You would have to be a "superfan" so to say, like most of us on here. That is why we lost our recruits, it has nothing to do with our new head coach. As was published, we was trying to keep Noreen but it was too late in the game from Donahue to join. There were plenty of other coaches out there who had been in contact with him since before he committed to BC to allow him to feel comfortable with and commit to their school.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:42 am

Our lastest recruit, a sold 79 on ESPN, isn't exactly going to inspire confidence either...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Our lastest recruit, a sold 79 on ESPN, isn't exactly going to inspire confidence either...

While it dose appear 2011 will be a down year for Ivy League recruiting as long as Stevie D's around That ESPN Rating, like the evaluation is probably from Septmeber '09....Reading the stuff on NERR, it seems he kind of had a break out year and had a couple of good tournament showings...

Edit to add...and Gordon Heyward was a 40 on ESPN...so we got that going for us...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Our lastest recruit, a sold 79 on ESPN, isn't exactly going to inspire confidence either...

While it dose appear 2011 will be a down year for Ivy League recruiting as long as Stevie D's around That ESPN Rating, like the evaluation is probably from Septmeber '09....Reading the stuff on NERR, it seems he kind of had a break out year and had a couple of good tournament showings...

Edit to add...and Gordon Heyward was a 40 on ESPN...so we got that going for us...

That means he wasn't evaluated for whatever reason.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum