Danny Rubin

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Danny Rubin

Postby sweetriverbaines on Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 pm

sweetriverbaines
n00b

Re: Danny Rubin

Postby bcmurph on Tue May 25, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks for the link...We'll put him on the Sanders diet, and he'll be ready to go...Welcome aboard Danny
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Introduce him to the challenge burger, tell him he needs to eat 1 a day as initiation (good thing we don't have starring for that!)
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 pm

This past ncaa tourney should remind people how overrated the hs player rankings can be. When teams such as N Iowa, Butler, & Cornell can all make it to the sweet 16 that should tell you something about the scouting services. If you look @ Carolina you’d have to go back to 78-79 to find the last team to play with only 2 McD’s all Americans (what did they have this year 8 and missed the tourney), I’m hopeful Donahue can find some type of happy medium & find players that fly under the radar, but also want to go to BC as a 1st option not as a last resort. It appears that he’s made some inroads this spring, I’d say his real test will be the 11-12 recruits…On a side note Chris McNealy is still out there in the 2010 class.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:This past ncaa tourney should remind people how overrated the hs player rankings can be. When teams such as N Iowa, Butler, & Cornell can all make it to the sweet 16 that should tell you something about the scouting services. If you look @ Carolina you’d have to go back to 78-79 to find the last team to play with only 2 McD’s all Americans (what did they have this year 8 and missed the tourney), I’m hopeful Donahue can find some type of happy medium & find players that fly under the radar, but also want to go to BC as a 1st option not as a last resort. It appears that he’s made some inroads this spring, I’d say his real test will be the 11-12 recruits…On a side note Chris McNealy is still out there in the 2010 class.

McNealy seems to be the exact same player as Rubin, so I'm not sure what the benefit of bringing him is.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:This past ncaa tourney should remind people how overrated the hs player rankings can be. When teams such as N Iowa, Butler, & Cornell can all make it to the sweet 16 that should tell you something about the scouting services. If you look @ Carolina you’d have to go back to 78-79 to find the last team to play with only 2 McD’s all Americans (what did they have this year 8 and missed the tourney), I’m hopeful Donahue can find some type of happy medium & find players that fly under the radar, but also want to go to BC as a 1st option not as a last resort. It appears that he’s made some inroads this spring, I’d say his real test will be the 11-12 recruits…On a side note Chris McNealy is still out there in the 2010 class.

McNealy seems to be the exact same player as Rubin, so I'm not sure what the benefit of bringing him is.

Because he can be available this season. And that type of player is what the Don wants.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 25, 2010 9:39 pm

My bad, I thought Rubin was 2011.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby sweetriverbaines on Tue May 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Here's some other quick recruiting notes...

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/jim-youn ... may-25.php
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby BC923 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:59 am

sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:Here's some other quick recruiting notes...

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/jim-youn ... may-25.php

I think that last part, about guaranteeing having bodies is true. We need to have players, and maybe the main targets we are going after won't be known of until later.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby tuggle for heisman on Wed May 26, 2010 11:17 am

after reading the little I could on rubin on espn.com he sounds like a taller version of heslip. Has a good shot and range and sounds more athletic than the chubby heslip. im optimistic
tuggle for heisman
n00b

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 pm

This is porbably true but Skinner couldn't recruit for shit and rarely landed top 100 players. BC should be attractive enough to get top ranked recruits therefore this "under the radar" crap doesn't work. Donahue should secure some top recruits for the 2011 class. Anything less should be considered unacceptable.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 pm

tuggle for heisman {l Wrote}:after reading the little I could on rubin on espn.com he sounds like a taller version of heslip. Has a good shot and range and sounds more athletic than the chubby heslip. im optimistic

If you watch the videos on Rubin, he's a really good shooter. Don't really know what else.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Chris McNealy and Danny Rubin are not the same athlete. From what I've heard, McNealy is more athletic.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 pm

WTF are we recruiting Broadway Dancers now?

Get me some Malik's, Shaqfo's, Kobe's and Kunta's.

WhoTF needs tap dancers from Queens?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby sweetriverbaines on Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Found this on a Cornell hoops website...

Speaking of Donahue, Boston College signed this week, 6'6" Danny Rubin from the Landon School in Bethesda, Maryland. His coach Andy Luther told EagleAction.com that although Rubin's commitment might seem a little out of the blue to outsiders, it was actually a long process in the making. "It was late in the process and Danny had not signed any papers with other schools yet. He was admitted and was going to attend another school and be a preferred walk on. Coach Donahue and Coach Graham were recruiting Danny and came down and visited him in the spring last year and again this past fall. They stayed in touch and came and watched him play throughout the winter and really were evaluating him for Cornell. I think they wanted guys who could shoot like Danny but were probably about 3 or 4 inches taller, Danny is about 6'5". So as you know when they went to BC they were down to 8 scholarship players after a few guys left, and they were all Al Skinner's guys running his patented flex offense. None of those guys had played the same kind of wide open spread them out "5 around" or "4 out 1 in" offense that Cornell loves to run. Danny is more of that kind of player. So in the end it was a god fit," said Luther. Donahue and Boston College also recently signed 6'7" Eddie Odio from Christopher Columbus High School in Miami, FL. Odio told EagleAction.com that he was also recruited by Donahue and Graham while they were coaching at Cornell.
sweetriverbaines
n00b

Postby Hawkaroo on Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 am

sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:Found this on a Cornell hoops website...

Speaking of Donahue, Boston College signed this week, 6'6" Danny Rubin from the Landon School in Bethesda, Maryland. His coach Andy Luther told EagleAction.com that although Rubin's commitment might seem a little out of the blue to outsiders, it was actually a long process in the making. "It was late in the process and Danny had not signed any papers with other schools yet. He was admitted and was going to attend another school and be a preferred walk on. Coach Donahue and Coach Graham were recruiting Danny and came down and visited him in the spring last year and again this past fall. They stayed in touch and came and watched him play throughout the winter and really were evaluating him for Cornell. I think they wanted guys who could shoot like Danny but were probably about 3 or 4 inches taller, Danny is about 6'5". So as you know when they went to BC they were down to 8 scholarship players after a few guys left, and they were all Al Skinner's guys running his patented flex offense. None of those guys had played the same kind of wide open spread them out "5 around" or "4 out 1 in" offense that Cornell loves to run. Danny is more of that kind of player. So in the end it was a god fit," said Luther. Donahue and Boston College also recently signed 6'7" Eddie Odio from Christopher Columbus High School in Miami, FL. Odio told EagleAction.com that he was also recruited by Donahue and Graham while they were coaching at Cornell.

...so we'll have the best Ivy League team next year. :chewbanka
White Sox World Series Champs 2005...
Hawkaroo
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 am

Hawkaroo {l Wrote}:
sweetriverbaines {l Wrote}:Found this on a Cornell hoops website...

...so we'll have the best Ivy League team next year. :chewbanka

Cornell would have smoked half the ACC last season...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:WTF are we recruiting Broadway Dancers now?

Who wants to be the first to tell 74 that Danny is a "bagel boy"?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BudCollins on Thu May 27, 2010 12:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:WTF are we recruiting Broadway Dancers now?

Who wants to be the first to tell 74 that Danny is a "bagel boy"?

I'll do it.
BudCollins
n00b

Return to Conte Forum