Anyone going to today's press conference?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Anyone going to today's press conference?

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun May 23, 2010 12:20 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Then he probably shouldn't have encouraged several returning players to transfer. I certainly support a guy wanting to put his stamp on the program and get rid of dead weight, but it wasn't like he ran off the walk-ons. We're down two probable starters and a shooter who would've seen time. Players shouldn't be forced out if there are no replacements waiting.

I don't know much about how recruiting works but does the May 19th date really mean anything for transfers? I'm concerned i guess, but i don't really get how the LOI shit works.

I don't have a clue. I just get tired of hearing from the same people over and over that we're better no matter what because Skinner and his shitty recruits are gone. So far, we've lost Sanders, Ravenel, Noreen, Ndao, and Heslip. The first four have been replaced by _____________, and we're apparently left to hope that Heslip will be replaced by Starring. The same people then laugh and say "Heslip's going to Boise State, haha what a huge loss!" but hope that we fill his spot with a guy from Centenary, and don't mind that our two 2011 guys (so far) also had offers from mid- and low-majors. The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

Sanders did more harm than good last season and no one can disagree with that. Ravenel showed some potential, but again didn't contribute a whole lot. Noreen hurts I agree. Ndao was a project and Heslip was fine, but can be easily replaced by Starring. Outside of Noreen, I just don't understand how much we really "lost". We also replaced an average to poor coach with a very good coach, which is worth something. We just need to exercise some patience here with the 2011 class so I totally disagree.

I think we can all stop talking about Starring. Apparently, according to TOS, CapD lost out on him to Cal Irvine. That's right, an ACC program couldn't beat out the goddamn Anteaters. Well, I'm sure timing really effected the decision here. Stevie D was only on the job 3 days more than Turner (UCI's new head coach hired on 4/9/10). Ultimately, this decision may have come down to where Starring felt most comfortable molesting other boys.

Damn... really wish BC could've found a head coach who was at least half as good of a recruiter as Al was.

Who were Skinner's recruits in his first year? Kenny Harley? Brian Ross? Awesome. While the situation is not as bad as when Skinner took over, we still have a situation where nobody gives one flying fuck about the BC bball program and all recruits knows this. BC is not an appealing bball school right now.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Starring would have been helpful...but it's not like he was going to lead us to the Final Four or anything next year.

Bill Russell couldn't lead us to the final four next year. The point is, having a playmaking sophomore on a barren roster changes the season, next season, and the year after that. He'd be a little more than helpful.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cameagle on Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 am

LOL

Please archive this thread.

I cant wait till Donohue does well and HJS posts the "i told you Donohue was the best choice for the job" thread.
cameagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon May 24, 2010 12:10 pm

cameagle {l Wrote}:LOL

I cant wait till Donohue does well and HJS posts the "i told you Donohue was the best choice for the job" thread.

I am with you.

Al Skinner was seen less than Elvis is Amarillo.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 pm

cameagle {l Wrote}:LOL

I actually think he was the best choice of the lot Gene looked at, including Skinner. That said, current results, underwhelming, and he simply cannot be underwhelming in this half class (2010) and in his first full class (2011). If he doesn't hit big in those two years, the team will be stuck with those players for the next 5 years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 24, 2010 12:38 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
cameagle {l Wrote}:

I am with you.

Al Skinner was seen less than Elvis is Amarillo.

beauty!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum