Anyone going to today's press conference?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Anyone going to today's press conference?

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I agree with HJS.

shocker.

He hasn't coached a game yet and the Program is FUCKED for 4 years. What a shitty hire.

Teams that can't put 5 guys on the floor don't win in the ACC.

You can coach players up, but you can't coach no players up.

Reggie Jackson and 9 freshmen in two years. Fucking fun.

And I rarely agree with anything HJS says. But feel free to ignore the rest of the post, as you did. God forbid you should ever address anyone's arguments, or make one of your own.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 3:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

shocker.

He hasn't coached a game yet and the Program is FUCKED for 4 years. What a shitty hire.

so 4 years... he gets 4 years grace period. gotcha, just like jags.

Huh? TWB said we are fucked for 4 years. I haven't said shit about a 4 year geace period/
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

shocker.

Huh? TWB said we are fucked for 4 years. I haven't said shit about a 4 year geace period/

I said we are fucked if Donohue makes like Al, and does what you all shit on him for, and turns 3 recruits into 0 for 2010. I said if he gets Starring, Norreen and a third recruit for this 2010 class, he is on the right track. But instead, he appears to be killing the 2011 recruiting trail, filling out the 8th and 9th spots in that class.

But you didn't bother reading.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 3:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

shocker.

I said we are fucked if Donohue makes like Al, and does what you all shit on him for, and turns 3 recruits into 0 for 2010. I said if he gets Starring, Norreen and a third recruit for this 2010 class, he is on the right track. But instead, he appears to be killing the 2011 recruiting trail, filling out the 8th and 9th spots in that class.

But you didn't bother reading.

TWB: "Reggie Jackson and 9 freshmen in two years. Fucking fun."

You already assumed your "if" ain't happening....
Last edited by Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Can't wait to see who Cap is announcing will be in this class. I mean, since Rice has kept the RU class largely in tact and actually beaten us out for Poole. And, since Bdzelik was able to keep his entire class in tact at Wake. And, since Cap ran-off 2 of the 3 Skinner recruits. And, since literally ANYONE is a better recruiter than Skinner. I am assuming that today is the day that we hear that he re-affirmed Noreen and landed 2 others. Now that we have someone not named Skinner, immediate improvement in recruiting and during next year's NCAA Tourney is a foregone conlusion.

Yes, if only we could get skinner back. He did so well recruiting the last 6 years. And his in game coaching....best in America.

He did fine recruiting. In fact, technically, his recruiting picked up after Cooley and Coen ditched. The problem was, his big signings didn't pan out other than Jackson. I think had he stayed, Noreen would have been one of his best recruits. Possibly Heslip, too. I was really liking that class. I like the activeness in which Donahue recruits, but he doesn't aim very high. He really rolls the dice on the guys with "upside". That's fine if it pans out, but if it doesn't BC will be set back in the ACC for possibly up to five years I think.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 3:18 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Can't wait to see who Cap is announcing will be in this class. I mean, since Rice has kept the RU class largely in tact and actually beaten us out for Poole. And, since Bdzelik was able to keep his entire class in tact at Wake. And, since Cap ran-off 2 of the 3 Skinner recruits. And, since literally ANYONE is a better recruiter than Skinner. I am assuming that today is the day that we hear that he re-affirmed Noreen and landed 2 others. Now that we have someone not named Skinner, immediate improvement in recruiting and during next year's NCAA Tourney is a foregone conlusion.

Yes, if only we could get skinner back. He did so well recruiting the last 6 years. And his in game coaching....best in America.

He did fine recruiting. In fact, technically, his recruiting picked up after Cooley and Coen ditched. The problem was, his big signings didn't pan out other than Jackson.

Ummmmm, then he didn't "do fine recruiting"...that may have been the lamest statement ever.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed May 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

He did fine recruiting. In fact, technically, his recruiting picked up after Cooley and Coen ditched. The problem was, his big signings didn't pan out other than Jackson.

Ummmmm, then he didn't "do fine recruiting"...that may have been the lamest statement ever.

So says the poster who has been saying right along that Skinner shouldn't get credit for recruiting Smith, Dudley and Bell just because they panned out.

For those keeping score at home... here is the world according to OJ...
If a Black Coach lands an unrecruited player who turns out to be a star... said coach cannot recruit as he didn't have to beat out anyone for the player and just got lucky that the player was a star.
If a Black Coach lands a highly recruited player who turns out to be terrible... said coach cannot recruit as he didn't realize that the highly sought after player sucked.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Considering there were only two players that didn't pan out, he did fine. Every coach in America thought Southern was legit. That wasn't Al's fault. And Rakim Sanders was talented, but how was Al supposed to know he was going to be a fat, lazy sack of steak and cheese?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 3:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

So says the poster who has been saying right along that Skinner shouldn't get credit for recruiting Smith, Dudley and Bell just because they panned out.

For those keeping score at home... here is the world according to OJ...
If a Black Coach lands an unrecruited player who turns out to be a star... said coach cannot recruit as he didn't have to beat out anyone for the player and just got lucky that the player was a star.
If a Black Coach lands a highly recruited player who turns out to be terrible... said coach cannot recruit as he didn't realize that the highly sought after player sucked.

It has nothing to do with black or white, you racist moron. Which part of "Skinner's recruiting sucked FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS" do you not understand?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:27 pm

when is the press conference? That was a stupid question. but seriously...?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
It has nothing to do with black or white, you racist moron. Which part of "Skinner's recruiting sucked FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS" do you not understand?

The statement itself. It sucks.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I'll start...

Fire Steve D
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Why don't you just drop the pretense and root for Rutgers openly. It's the worst-kept secret since Ricky Martin's sexuality.

This went largely unnoticed, but it was a gem. :kudos apbc
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby WaterlooEagle on Wed May 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Sooo...was there actually a press conference? I can't find any references to it in the press.
WaterlooEagle
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I agree with HJS. This this idea that all LOIs run away when a new coach is hired is just wrong. Wake kept a top 10 recruiting class with a horrible hire. And the idea that the Don wanted to run off all of Skinners recruits is belied by how hard he tried to keep Noreen, who would love to go to UNC but can't.

You can blow off the whole incoming class if you have something lined with which to replace them, or if the program is deep with underclassmen such that you can skip a year. BC is neither. The new coach needed to hit the ground running and either keep the recruits already signed, or decide that they weren't as good as others and replace them.

If Steve D has decided that there is not much left and that he not bringing in any 2010s or transfers, instead pulling 6 or 7 or 8 2011s (starting with the underwhelming project Clifford and this kid from Miami), then he will be fired in 3 years. Because this team will suck.

If he lands Starring and somehow keeps Noreen, and then goes out and get a quality player to replace Papa in the paint for this season, then he might be on to something, and Clifford could be a nice piece in the puzzle down the road.

3 scholarship athletes in 2011. Unless he plans on getting blue chippers in his first recruiting class, of which I have seen no sign as of yet, BC is going to suck in his 2-4 season.

Interesting?

Major fucking 9 facial for a Wednesday....I agree with all points especially about LOI's.

Excellent post.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed May 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Talent reigns supreme, but you have to get it and coach some too?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 19, 2010 6:27 pm

I'll ask again... was there ACTUALLY a presser today?!?!?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed May 19, 2010 6:28 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:I'll ask again... was there ACTUALLY a presser today?!?!?

couldn't your sources tell you?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 7:17 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:I'll ask again... was there ACTUALLY a presser today?!?!?

yes, Donahue was fired because, even though he has yet to coach a game, TWB and HJS have determined that he sucks because he didn't keep Heslip.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

yes, Donahue was fired because, even though he has yet to coach a game, TWB and HJS have determined that he sucks because he didn't keep Heslip.

Yes, that is what I said.

All is well though, we have two after thought prospects locked up for the year after next. Don't worry, all is well.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:11 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

couldn't your sources tell you?

BC923 - :roll:
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Not going to lie, disapointing that you're back here...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm

I'm more concerned about how he gets the current team to perform in the upcoming season, and what that will result in for recruiting 2011 & beyond. We all knew 2011 would be a train wreck... Donahue has to compete in the ACC this year and 2012, 2011 is a write-off he just needs to take a TOB stage-fighting class.

I still have high hopes for donahue - and will probably try to hold off on making any judgments until the second half of the 2011 season
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:22 pm

To address the concerns here:

2010 - Steve D seems like he's done his due dilligence on the class. Unfortunately, by this point, most the recruits are scooped up. The real high talent guys still out there and too stupid to get into BC. TWB is right that Noreen, Starring and one other guy would be a good get, but Steve D has already been out to Minnesota to visit Noreen and tried to get him back here and kicked the tires of Starring. Unfortunately, the timing of the hired sucked and really screwed over his chances at a 2010 class.

2011 - We already have two players committed. You can say they're not highly rated, etc. but he found an athletic swingman who can shoot and an improving 7 footer. We need elite talent here, I agree but there's still plenty of time.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:27 pm

that's just manny being manny... it's not even in his top 5 this month. those damn kentuckians are funny - i guess its all the sex with horses

Then why isn't the guy from Harry Potter funny?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
but he found an athletic swingman who can shoot

I'm not sure I trust how athletic he is. For one thing, he's white.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:43 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:I'm more concerned about how he gets the current team to perform in the upcoming season, and what that will result in for recruiting 2011 & beyond. We all knew 2011 would be a train wreck... Donahue has to compete in the ACC this year and 2012, 2011 is a write-off he just needs to take a TOB stage-fighting class.

I still have high hopes for donahue - and will probably try to hold off on making any judgments until the second half of the 2011 season

If he has to take 8, 9 bodies for 2011 and they are a train wreck, that fucks up recruiting for 4 years. There will be few scholarships to give out over that time. You are stuck with the 8-9 guys he gets, who won't graduate and free up schollies until 2015.

If he fucks up the 2011 class, he won't be here to see them graduate.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Wed May 19, 2010 8:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
joemack13 {l Wrote}:I'm more concerned about how he gets the current team to perform in the upcoming season, and what that will result in for recruiting 2011 & beyond. We all knew 2011 would be a train wreck... Donahue has to compete in the ACC this year and 2012, 2011 is a write-off he just needs to take a TOB stage-fighting class.

If he has to take 8, 9 bodies for 2011 and they are a train wreck, that fucks up recruiting for 4 years. There will be few scholarships to give out over that time. You are stuck with the 8-9 guys he gets, who won't graduate and free up schollies until 2015.

If he fucks up the 2011 class, he won't be here to see them graduate.

This is exactly my opinion. I don't care if he takes a couple reaches to fill up the 2010 roster. The bottom line is that right now we have 7 scholarship players for 2010 and 3 of them fucking suck. So 2010 is basically going to be a wasted year. And then in 2011, we're going to have Reggie Jackson, Elmore, and a bunch of frosh/transfers. It's a huge stretch to expect anything from this program over the next 3 years given the current landscape.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Let's just say that if the diamonds in the rough that Donahue has been recruiting don't pan out; he's out and so is BC basketball for about a decade.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Wed May 19, 2010 9:11 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Not going to lie, disapointing that you're back here...

Thanks for the love! Glad to know that you missed me! :cheer
carolina2010
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum