Series Over

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Series Over

Postby EagleDave on Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Vince does what Vince does...

Has there ever been a player who has consistently gagged worse at every single level of sports? I bet somewhere, someone has a video of Carter in junior high school clanking free throws or jumpers in the clutch. I would have bet my mortgage he'd choke away at least one of those free throws. Not to mention that Tim Legler did everything but say that Carter outright peed his panties.

Aside from Vince, there were also a number of "for the love of god don't pass me the ball, I don't want the responsibility" faces out there for Orlando down the stretch. This series is flat over with. Celtics in 4 or 6. Bring on the Lakers!
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Series Over

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 12:41 am

This series was over when Doc Rivers sat down to watch the tape of Orlando and Dwight Howard's low post moves, or lack thereof. He got his 30 tonight, and made some back to the basket buckets, but he pretty much is a rich man's Dennis Rodman at this point. The decision not to double him won this series.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This series was over when Doc Rivers sat down to watch the tape of Orlando and Dwight Howard's low post moves, or lack thereof. He got his 30 tonight, and made some back to the basket buckets, but he pretty much is a rich man's Dennis Rodman at this point. The decision not to double him won this series.

This is how the Celtics have always played Howard. The Magic just can't/won't adjust.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 am

This is where getting Sheed looks like a good move. He and especially Perkins are the only two bigs I've seen who can reliably play Howard one on one well. Perk just shoves him out of his comfort zone, and Sheed bangs bodies and gets in his head. There's no excuse for a guy that huge to be so soft.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This series was over when Doc Rivers sat down to watch the tape of Orlando and Dwight Howard's low post moves, or lack thereof. He got his 30 tonight, and made some back to the basket buckets, but he pretty much is a rich man's Dennis Rodman at this point. The decision not to double him won this series.

Doc Rivers is working SVG in this series, furthering proving that a large amount of NBA coaches really in fact suck at coaching. It's all about the players you have in the NBA, maybe with the exception of Popovich, Sloan, Rivers and Phil Jackson. Scott Skiles is relatively competent also. I could have coached the Cavs to more wins than that moron Mike Brown.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Wed May 19, 2010 10:04 am

Never thought I'd say this 3 years ago, but as a Bulls fan, I'm excited for Doc Rivers to coach LeBron next year.
[url]
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/17/expe ... o-chicago/[/url]
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 11:44 am

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:Never thought I'd say this 3 years ago, but as a Bulls fan, I'm excited for Doc Rivers to coach LeBron next year.
[url]

I think Rivers is retiring, and Thibideau is getting the Celtics job. There might be a slight chance Rivers would be interested in Chitown, but from what I hear, he's more interested in his home, Orlando, and playing golf.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed May 19, 2010 12:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesmith {l Wrote}:Never thought I'd say this 3 years ago, but as a Bulls fan, I'm excited for Doc Rivers to coach LeBron next year.
[url]

I think Rivers is retiring, and Thibideau is getting the Celtics job. There might be a slight chance Rivers would be interested in Chitown, but from what I hear, he's more interested in his home, Orlando, and playing golf.

You really think that Celts ownership would hire Thibodeau (not saying he isn't qualified)?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Wed May 19, 2010 2:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
[url]

Doc has shot the rumor down (although what else is he going to do while the Celtics are still playing?), but retiring? Isn't he only about 50 years old? Maybe he sees the end of the line with the Celtics and would prefer a few years doing a cushy analyst job, but I gotta think he coaches again at some point.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed May 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Marquis Daniels' stepdad was apparently tased and arrested at the game last night.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 9858.story
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 19, 2010 6:01 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
[url]

Doc has shot the rumor down (although what else is he going to do while the Celtics are still playing?), but retiring? Isn't he only about 50 years old? Maybe he sees the end of the line with the Celtics and would prefer a few years doing a cushy analyst job, but I gotta think he coaches again at some point.

He has said that he doesn't really like coaching. He likes playing golf. He also publicly announced that this may be his last year on the sidelines. He's from Chicago, but he is a Florida guy now. And he doesn't really need to coach for the money.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum