Who gets John Wall?? NBA LOTTO MADNESS!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Who gets John Wall?? NBA LOTTO MADNESS!

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 pm

76ers are due with a 5.3% chance.

This way Doug Collins can screw up royally again when he gets job.

I like DeMarcus Cousins next --- 6-11 260 and still growing and getting stronger and skills.

Wall has it all. Speed, shooting, size, hops, explosive quickness...tough to guard and unlimited potential and will improve at age 19.

Evan Turner at 6-7 will be a problem to guard like Kobe as a shooter with that leap and size.

Utah has the Knicks pick...I am rooting for Utah too.

Knicks are fucking morons...who will end up with LeBron (NBA FIX IS IN FOR PR) and Wade or Bosh.

This way they can whine about not having Wall too.

Beetches.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Who gets John Wall?? NBA LOTTO MADNESS!

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Guess:

1. T-Wolves
2. Pistons
3. Nets
4. Kings
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue May 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Pretty awesome that the Nets were bought by a Bond villian.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Please God let the Nets get the 3rd pick.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 pm

1 out of 4 isn't bad.

Hahahahah New Jersey. There goes your chances of getting LeBron.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue May 18, 2010 7:33 pm

I would void Gilbert Arenas contract tomorrow and get that scumbag outta my life and maybe trade him to New Jersey or the Knicks.

My 5% pick the 76ers came close.

That makes 6 straight years the favorite went south.

They need to make the Lottery %'s more favorable for the Top 4.

1-Wall -- Wizards
2-Turner -- 76ers -- Collins look-a-like same size and swingman deal.
3-Cousins -- Nets -- No Subsititue for big men and young, strong, huge wingspan, talented and not a drug addict like SW from...BC...ugh..

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 18, 2010 9:08 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I would void Gilbert Arenas contract tomorrow and get that scumbag outta my life and maybe trade him to New Jersey or the Knicks.

1-Wall -- Wizards
3-Cousins -- Nets -- No Subsititue for big men and young, strong, huge wingspan, talented and not a drug addict like SW from...BC...ugh..

(a) You can't void Gilbert's contract. The Wizards are on the hook for that money
(b) Why the hell would NJ or NYK take Arenas?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm

No team with enough money to sign a max free agent would come within 500 miles of Arenas.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue May 18, 2010 10:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I would void Gilbert Arenas contract tomorrow and get that scumbag outta my life and maybe trade him to New Jersey or the Knicks.

1-Wall -- Wizards

(a) You can't void Gilbert's contract. The Wizards are on the hook for that money

There was an contract violation and it was discussed with the Union and Team.

(b) Why the hell would NJ or NYK take Arenas?

They are both idiots.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed May 19, 2010 6:38 am

Sucks for Wall. Washington is probably the worst franchise in the league at the moment, but even if they decide to pass on him, he's not getting past Philadelphia, which is the second-worst. It says a lot about the quality of the bottom of the league when a team that made a run at the record for most losses in a season isn't one of the worst two (apart from being in NJ).
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Sucks for Wall. Washington is probably the worst franchise in the league at the moment, but even if they decide to pass on him, he's not getting past Philadelphia, which is the second-worst. It says a lot about the quality of the bottom of the league when a team that made a run at the record for most losses in a season isn't one of the worst two (apart from being in NJ).

How is Washington in worse shape than Sacramento or Minnesota? The Polin's are selling the franchise to Ted Leonsis (AOL), the same guy who owns the Capitals. You'll notice they've made quite a comeback of late (minus the playoffs). Leonsis will spend the money. Besides the fact Washington is a good market to attract free agents and the Verizon Center is a good building. Good luck attracting free agents to Sac-Town or Minnesota.

Bottom line, Washington is nowhere near the worst franchise in the league and is a good situation for Wall. They already have Andre Blatche who's a decent PF. They do need to figure out what do do with Arenas though.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Sucks for Wall. Washington is probably the worst franchise in the league at the moment, but even if they decide to pass on him, he's not getting past Philadelphia, which is the second-worst. It says a lot about the quality of the bottom of the league when a team that made a run at the record for most losses in a season isn't one of the worst two (apart from being in NJ).

How is Washington in worse shape than Sacramento or Minnesota? The Polin's are selling the franchise to Ted Leonsis (AOL), the same guy who owns the Capitals. You'll notice they've made quite a comeback of late (minus the playoffs). Leonsis will spend the money. Besides the fact Washington is a good market to attract free agents and the Verizon Center is a good building. Good luck attracting free agents to Sac-Town or Minnesota.

Bottom line, Washington is nowhere near the worst franchise in the league and is a good situation for Wall. They already have Andre Blatche who's a decent PF. They do need to figure out what do do with Arenas though.

While I agree that it's easier to get free agents to consider DC over Minny or Sac-town, Sacramento (Tyreke Evans) and Minnesota (Al Jefferson) have better players than anyone on the Wizards roster right now. Blatche is a ton of potential, but we'll see if he's finally broken through. Playing with Wall will help.

The Wizards main problem is being the fourth or fifth most popular team in the region. The Redskins, Ravens, Capitals, and maybe even the Nats draw more attention than the Wizards. They lack much depth to their roster (the Butler-Haywood trade was a joke) and their best player beyond Blatche is...uh...Mike Miller? Josh Howard? Good luck.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 am

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

While I agree that it's easier to get free agents to consider DC over Minny or Sac-town, Sacramento (Tyreke Evans) and Minnesota (Al Jefferson) have better players than anyone on the Wizards roster right now. Blatche is a ton of potential, but we'll see if he's finally broken through. Playing with Wall will help.

The Wizards main problem is being the fourth or fifth most popular team in the region. The Redskins, Ravens, Capitals, and maybe even the Nats draw more attention than the Wizards. They lack much depth to their roster (the Butler-Haywood trade was a joke) and their best player beyond Blatche is...uh...Mike Miller? Josh Howard? Good luck.

This is only because they suck. Washington is a football town first and basketball town second at heart. I hate the NBA but the Wizards would be a HUGE ticket, just like the Caps are, if they were any good at all. And no one gives a shit about the Ravens in DC...
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed May 19, 2010 10:19 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They owe Arenas $80 million over the next four years, making him one of the least valuable players in the league, and the last time the team said anything publicly, they said he wasn't going anywhere. They cleared some cap space dumping Jamison and Butler, but they're probably the 4th option at best for the big free agents this summer (after Chicago, Miami, and NY, probably in that order). And that leaves out Cleveland, which is an option only if Lebron stays, which I'd say is 50-50 at this point. Their leadership is essentially non-existent, now that the one thing anyone liked about them (Abe Pollin) is gone. Leonsis is OK, but they still have Grunfeld, who is probably better suited to run a sporting goods store than a sports franchise.

Their best player under 30 is indeed probably Blatche, who would make a good 5th guy on a contender. Their next best player under 30 is probably Al Thornton, who would also be a good 5th guy. They have two former All-Stars, but Arenas took Josh Howard with him when he fell off a cliff.

Comparing to the Kings and T-Wolves, the Wizards probably have a better chance for success at some point long in the future due to location and the division they play in. But in the near term, they're the worst situation in the league for a young player. Followed closely, like I said before, by Philadelphia.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 19, 2010 10:27 am

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Al Jefferson is not a cornerstone to any contending team, notice how Minnesota keeps trying to trade him over and over? Everyone is forgetting that Arenas actually used to be a good NBA player and is probably more of a 2 guard than a 1 anyway. Wall, Arenas, Al Thornton (who was injured most of last year so his #'s were down), Blatche and Insert Decent Free Agent here can win some games. Plus you have Mike Miller as your 6th man. Now Nick Young, there's a player the Wizards need to get rid of right behind Arenas.

I'm not saying the Wizards can contend next year, but 8th seed isn't that far off. Grundfeld is an idiot and probably will be fire once Leonsis takes over. DC is a basketball city behind the Redskins, if the Wizards were halfway decent they'd draw bigtime.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 am

The big problem for the Wizards is Arenas' ridiculous contract, which they signed for some reason despite his scary knee injury. It's just a big number to work around. Makes it difficult to surround Wall with useful talent. And I'm not sure Wall is a superstar anyways. Maybe more a second-fiddle type of player, that would need another star. But what do I know, I thought the Magic were going to beat the Celtics.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglesmith {l Wrote}:

Al Jefferson is not a cornerstone to any contending team, notice how Minnesota keeps trying to trade him over and over? Everyone is forgetting that Arenas actually used to be a good NBA player and is probably more of a 2 guard than a 1 anyway. Wall, Arenas, Al Thornton (who was injured most of last year so his #'s were down), Blatche and Insert Decent Free Agent here can win some games. Plus you have Mike Miller as your 6th man. Now Nick Young, there's a player the Wizards need to get rid of right behind Arenas.

I'm not saying the Wizards can contend next year, but 8th seed isn't that far off. Grundfeld is an idiot and probably will be fire once Leonsis takes over. DC is a basketball city behind the Redskins, if the Wizards were halfway decent they'd draw bigtime.

Al Jefferson is not a cornerstone player, but is still better than any of the young guys on Washington's roster. Arenas is more of a 2, but he's not a good player if he doesn't have the ball all the time. That leaves Wall to run around and shoot when open, which is the biggest hole in his game. Washington is several steps away from respectability:

1) Get rid of Arenas. He's obviously untradeable, so they have to either cut him and eat the contract or keep him around for three more years and trade his expiring contract. Either way, they're fucked for the near future. They're probably better off cutting him than keeping his crazy ass around to be a black hole on offense.
2) Get rid of Crittenton and Young. They're bad at basketball.
3) Figure out what to do with Foye. He's a decent player, but not a starter, and he shouldn't get more than 2-3 mil a year.
3) Find a good shooter (other than Mike Miller, who is OK but getting old and can't play defense).
4) Find a center. JaVale McGee isn't scaring anyone, and Oberto is solid but old.

If they can do all of those things, they might have an outside shot at winning a first round series in 2015. And that's assuming Wall is as good as he's expected to be. I don't think he will be, but that's a different conversation.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu May 20, 2010 10:08 am

Obviously the Skins run the show down there and nothing can even come close.

But if the Caps and Wiz are similarly competitive, I gotta give the edge to the Wiz in terms of support. The Caps only get the suburban preppy support whereas the Wiz get downtown and both the black and white suburbs behind them.

The Nats have yet to be good, so it's hard to determine where they would fall if they had some extended success. No one in DC likes the Ravens, although there are still some loyal O's fans scattered here and there.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Obviously the Skins run the show down there and nothing can even come close.

But if the Caps and Wiz are similarly competitive, I gotta give the edge to the Wiz in terms of support. The Caps only get the suburban preppy support whereas the Wiz get downtown and both the black and white suburbs behind them.

The Nats have yet to be good, so it's hard to determine where they would fall if they had some extended success. No one in DC likes the Ravens, although there are still some loyal O's fans scattered here and there.

Baseball just isn't an interest in this area because the Orioles suck so bad and the Nationals aren't exactly a beacon of success.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Obviously the Skins run the show down there and nothing can even come close.

Baseball just isn't an interest in this area because the Orioles suck so bad and the Nationals aren't exactly a beacon of success.

I know a ton of people who grew up watching the Senators and were thrilled to have the Nats show up. Then there are all the disgruntled former O's fans who joined on with the Nats out of frustration with Angelos (and the fact that they suck) and convenience. These groups are quietly waiting for the Nats to get good. If they have any decent string of success (and don't ruin Strasburg completely - which is a distinct possibility), the baseball fans will come out of the marble-work.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum