Bright Side

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bright Side

Postby BC923 on Mon May 17, 2010 6:25 pm

at least we still have Reggie :screamyeagle
BC923
Merkert Hall

Re: Bright Side

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Although we don't have anywhere near ACC level talent for the most part, Jackson, Trapani and Raji can all play. Elmore is really promising and we have a coach, something we've been missing here for a while. I also have high hopes for Biko Paris this year, improving on a dismal last season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon May 17, 2010 9:15 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Although we don't have anywhere near ACC level talent for the most part, Jackson, Trapani and Raji can all play. Elmore is really promising and we have a coach who doesn't seem totally disinterested, something we've been missing here for a while. I also have high hopes for Biko Paris this year, improving on a dismal last season.

Fixed
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 pm

68 Teams.

Get in.

Win 6.

WTF is the problem.

We got guys?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Although we don't have anywhere near ACC level talent for the most part, Jackson, Trapani and Raji can all play. Elmore is really promising and we have a coach who doesn't seem totally disinterested, something we've been missing here for a while. I also have high hopes for Biko Paris this year, improving on a dismal last season.

Fixed

Even with worse talent, this team will still perform better than the Skinner led team would have next year under his incompetent leadership
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue May 18, 2010 10:39 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Although we don't have anywhere near ACC level talent for the most part, Jackson, Trapani and Raji can all play. Elmore is really promising and we have a coach, something we've been missing here for a while. I also have high hopes for Biko Paris this year, improving on a dismal last season.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for Paris.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Although we don't have anywhere near ACC level talent for the most part, Jackson, Trapani and Raji can all play. Elmore is really promising and we have a coach, something we've been missing here for a while. I also have high hopes for Biko Paris this year, improving on a dismal last season.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for Paris.

He showed a ton of ability as a sophomore. There's another player I'm convinced will be better under different coaching.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Correction. Biko showed promise in one game as a sophomore. His problem is that he isn't confident enough to attempt to drive to the rim, although he has the quickness. He also can't make a layup. His biggest obstacle is really himself. We'd see it every time the Eagles were in transition, he'd look like he was going to push the ball and drive right to the rim, but at the last second he would pull back and proceed to dribble around for 20 seconds.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Correction. Biko showed promise in one game as a sophomore. His problem is that he isn't confident enough to attempt to drive to the rim, although he has the quickness. He also can't make a layup. His biggest obstacle is really himself. We'd see it every time the Eagles were in transition, he'd look like he was going to push the ball and drive right to the rim, but at the last second he would pull back and proceed to dribble around for 20 seconds.

Can I introduce you to the tight flex offense? Donahue's system is more wide-open and hopefully can take advantage of the fact that in transition, Paris is a good ball handler and passes reasonably well. You should have Paris leading the break with Jackson on one wing and Elmore/Raji on the other with Trapani filling down the middle.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Correction. Biko showed promise in one game as a sophomore. His problem is that he isn't confident enough to attempt to drive to the rim, although he has the quickness. He also can't make a layup. His biggest obstacle is really himself. We'd see it every time the Eagles were in transition, he'd look like he was going to push the ball and drive right to the rim, but at the last second he would pull back and proceed to dribble around for 20 seconds.

Can I introduce you to the tight flex offense? Donahue's system is more wide-open and hopefully can take advantage of the fact that in transition, Paris is a good ball handler and passes reasonably well. You should have Paris leading the break with Jackson on one wing and Elmore/Raji on the other with Trapani filling down the middle.

It's not the flex I'm talking about. It's the player. It's no coincidence that when Jackson ran the point the offense picked up. It's because he wasn't afraid to push the ball. It was the flex for him, too.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum