Any Thoughts...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Any Thoughts...

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:43 am

Just a little fodder to get the conversation flowing again: http://savagetruth.blogharbor.com/blog/ ... 11178.html

I found this little nugget particularly intriguing: "B.C. has refused to release Noreen from his commitment, and Donohue will use his powers of persuasion to retain Minnesota’s Mr. Basketball."
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Re: Any Thoughts...

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:let's just cut to the chase... what does coach mike think that we should think? that will help us avoid the slapfights and disagreements

Who the heck is Coach Mike?!? You're killing me! I told you my husband is an alum and played for Skinner... that's BBall not Football! Dang.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 am

Dang
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:let's just cut to the chase... what does coach mike think that we should think? that will help us avoid the slapfights and disagreements

Who the heck is Coach Mike?!? You're killing me! I told you my husband is an alum and played for Skinner... that's BBall not Football! Dang.

i guessed the wrong coach

Guess away... but, it's a good thing about Noreen, no?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Guess away... but, it's a good thing about Noreen, no?

yes - athletes that are forced to stay somewhere they don't want to be always tend to work out well on the field/court

There are plenty of instances where athletes are not 'released' but perform quite well... particularly when there's a coaching change. It's a matter of building a relationship, pure and simple. Do you honestly think that this young man would come into BC and refuse to perform?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 pm

thats some fine rocket car-ing there Mr. Road Eagle.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Great explanation. After I read the whacko comments, I wondered if he was reading EO. I wonder who SD things he is bringing in short term that would be better than Brady. Also, maybe GDF assumed the team would turn it around and improve.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I feel bad for Heslip, but this is what happens when the prior coach recruits talent that isn't suited for the league he's in.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 pm

small forward/shooting guard Rakim Sanders has decided to transfer. It sounds as if Sanders didn’t decide on his own to transfer, but was encouraged to look for a new school after a player/coach conference with Steve Donohue. From a piece by Brendan McGair, in the Pawtucket Times, Donohue had no use for Sanders

This combined with SD telling Heslip to move on says we shouldnt be worried about the defections. If thats what SD/Jones want than, I trust them. If they think they can get better production from the slot, go for it. I have compassion for Brady and I am sure the school would accomodate him if he wanted to stay but I am sure he wants to play somewhere.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Back to Noreen: tough shit kiddo.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:44 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:small forward/shooting guard Rakim Sanders has decided to transfer. It sounds as if Sanders didn’t decide on his own to transfer, but was encouraged to look for a new school after a player/coach conference with Steve Donohue. From a piece by Brendan McGair, in the Pawtucket Times, Donohue had no use for Sanders

This combined with SD telling Heslip to move on says we shouldnt be worried about the defections. If thats what SD/Jones want than, I trust them. If they think they can get better production from the slot, go for it. I have compassion for Brady and I am sure the school would accomodate him if he wanted to stay but I am sure he wants to play somewhere.

as this info's coming out of pawtucket, i'm deeming it bush league bullshit

Dude, why you insist on throwing shade my way is beyond me... but whatever. I hope Noreen does stay... I think he'll fit well in SD's system.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Blogger quoting a poster on Boston.com's comment section claiming to be Tom Heslip. Sports reporting has reached an all-time low.

carolina - how's hubby? he get a kick out of our conversation and your lack of logic? are divorce proceedings going smoothly? Can't wait for the meet and greet!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:05 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Blogger quoting a poster on Boston.com's comment section claiming to be Tom Heslip. Sports reporting has reached an all-time low.

carolina - how's hubby? he get a kick out of our conversation and your lack of logic? are divorce proceedings going smoothly? Can't wait for the meet and greet!

PEDRO! It's been to long. Hubby's fine... got a kick outta the convo... never addressed the logic issue, but we're still happily married! We still on for the 17th? I noticed my inbox is still empty...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Blogger quoting a poster on Boston.com's comment section claiming to be Tom Heslip. Sports reporting has reached an all-time low.

PEDRO! It's been to long. Hubby's fine... got a kick outta the convo... never addressed the logic issue, but we're still happily married! We still on for the 17th? I noticed my inbox is still empty...

Great to hear! I'm thrilled he'll still have you to consult at these fluffer meetings.

Do you not see the irony in you pointing out that your inbox is empty when I asked you first, you denied, but then give me crap for not sending you a PM? REFRESHING, ain't it?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 pm

TRE, I accused carolina of being one of your aliases while you were away.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Great to hear! I'm thrilled he'll still have you to consult at these fluffer meetings.

Do you not see the irony in you pointing out that your inbox is empty when I asked you first, you denied, but then give me crap for not sending you a PM? REFRESHING, ain't it?

I'm confused. I need to pay more attention to the basketball weirdo threads.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Heck of a guess. though...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm

I really hope that isn't true about Noreen.

If the kid is dead set on transferring, let him out of his LOI. He committed to a different staff. If the coaching staff just wants a meeting with him before they release him then fine, but if they are just going to force him to stay that is kind of shady.

I wanted Noreen to stay, but only because he wanted to, not because he was forced to.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

my current guess would put her in rhode island, not carolina... so i'm not very confident with that guess either

does anyone else know of a early naughties bc grad that coaches on tobaccoroad? i should know this (but clearly i don't)

for the record, carolina - i was bashing the pawtucket newspaper covering the sanders story... it was an ironic comment, not a slam on you. you suck on a lot of things, but in this case that wasn't tht point of my comment. i guess that makes you right 5/8ths of the time (but only until 2005 ms. basketball coaches wife. oh yeah, the kids can't dribble with two hands anymore, either)

I appreciate the clarification, Pedro... I feel as if we're making a connection of sorts. ;)
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:46 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:I really hope that isn't true about Noreen.

If the kid is dead set on transferring, let him out of his LOI. He committed to a different staff. If the coaching staff just wants a meeting with him before they release him then fine, but if they are just going to force him to stay that is kind of shady.

I wanted Noreen to stay, but only because he wanted to, not because he was forced to.

Maybe they're not 'forcing' but just want time to 'persuade' him to hang around?
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 pm

2 comments:

(1) Tom Heslip is an idiot. I'm frankly glad his son moved on because I dislike the father so much.
(2) If Noreen wants out, let him go.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:12 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
bcmurph {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

my current guess would put her in rhode island, not carolina... so i'm not very confident with that guess either

does anyone else know of a early naughties bc grad that coaches on tobaccoroad? i should know this (but clearly i don't)

for the record, carolina - i was bashing the pawtucket newspaper covering the sanders story... it was an ironic comment, not a slam on you. you suck on a lot of things, but in this case that wasn't tht point of my comment. i guess that makes you right 5/8ths of the time (but only until 2005 ms. basketball coaches wife. oh yeah, the kids can't dribble with two hands anymore, either)

I appreciate the clarification, Pedro... I feel as if we're making a connection of sorts. ;)

pedro kisses boys and hangs out in ymca locker rooms after swim team practices. just sayin is all

don't confuse me with pedro.

Sorry about that RoadEagle... didn't mean to slight you!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby Buttercup on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:33 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:Just a little fodder to get the conversation flowing again: http://savagetruth.blogharbor.com/blog/ ... 11178.html

I found this little nugget particularly intriguing: "B.C. has refused to release Noreen from his commitment, and Donohue will use his powers of persuasion to retain Minnesota’s Mr. Basketball."

Nope... according to a direct quote from Noreen's coach in a Rivals article, BC gave Noreen his release at 1:55 PM on Tuesday, April 20th.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm

pedro kisses boys and hangs out in ymca locker rooms after swim team practices. just sayin is all

don't confuse me with pedro.

In accordance with Megan's law, I am required to inform you I am moving to Tobacco Road.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shredder on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 pm

That article also mentioned that Donahue managed to keep two of the four recruits. Last I heard we still had only three coming in and two left. Any word on Ndao?
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Brablc on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Here's a news story I saw on ESPN. Looks like Steve D. is still recruiting Noreen:

Kevin Noreen, a 6-foot-10 forward from Minnesota Transitions who received a release from his letter of intent with Boston College Tuesday, attracted a big crowd at a workout at his high school Wednesday, reports ESPN.com contributor Chris Monter.

Noreen, who was named Minnesota's Mr. Basketball and was the Gatorade Player of the Year, had Providence head coach Keno Davis and assistant coach Chris Davis, Indiana head coach Tom Crean, Boston College head coach Steve Donahue and assistants from Lehigh, California, Texas and Washington State in attendance.

Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith, Iowa State head coach Greg McDermott and assistant coaches from Northwestern and Oklahoma were in town Tuesday.

Noreen will visit Marquette this weekend and could make other visits before making his decision.

Noreen signed with the Eagles in the early signing period. However, Boston College head coach Al Skinner was fired after the season.

Noreen led the Wolves to a Class A state title with a 61-52 over Sebakia as he finished with 24 points, 15 rebounds, four assists and nine blocked shots, despite suffering what was later revealed to be a ruptured spleen. He averaged 36.5 points, 14.8 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 3.6 steals and 2.9 blocked shots per game and became the state?s all-time leading scorer.

Some decent names included in there. But I don't think most of them can give him the immediate playing time, we could. It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he re-signs.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum