Expectations for a Turn Around

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I'll judge a 20 win season as a good show the program is in good hands but when do we see it?

Year 1
15%
9%
44%
18%
6%
No votes
Never
9%

Total votes : 34

Re: Expectations for a Turn Around

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Would you rather have the team that hustles and busts their ass and wins 15 games, or the lazy team who wins say 17-18 games.

the team that wins 18 games.

that was a very easy question.

I agreed. I take wins over excitement every day of the week. Then again, I've always been one of those substance-over-style guys.

What if you had a team of lazy 5 star guys that won 18 or a bunch of scrappy athletic 2 star that won 15. Neither team is winning the tourney so who gives a crap, why not enjoy the 15 wins then get frustrated at the 18 wins. Everyone here is still pissed at the Nova game.

+1
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Totally disagree. 18 wins or 15 wins makes no difference since neither team is making the tourney. I'd give up 2 or 3 wins to not leave Conte pissed off every game because the team looks like they aren't even trying. You're right about one thing...it was an easy question.

exactly
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Would you rather have the team that hustles and busts their ass and wins 15 games, or the lazy team who wins say 17-18 games.

Totally disagree. 18 wins or 15 wins makes no difference since neither team is making the tourney. I'd give up 2 or 3 wins to not leave Conte pissed off every game because the team looks like they aren't even trying. You're right about one thing...it was an easy question.

18 wins won't make the tournament in a 96 team field?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

Totally disagree. 18 wins or 15 wins makes no difference since neither team is making the tourney. I'd give up 2 or 3 wins to not leave Conte pissed off every game because the team looks like they aren't even trying. You're right about one thing...it was an easy question.

So, to be clear, 15 wins is better than 18 wins?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:45 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

18 wins won't make the tournament in a 96 team field?

Did I miss the official announcement that they moved to 96 teams? For now I am working from what is in place today. That said with 96 teams 15 wins makes the tourney so I would revise to say 15 or 18 who gives a shit because you are in either way and I'd rather watch a team that plays hard.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

No what I said was a team that hustles is preferred to a lazy team. The choice offered was a 15 win team that played hard or an 18 win team that was lazy. Given those two choices I would take the former. No need to try to twist words. I think I was pretty clear.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

Is that clearer for you? 15 wins by a team that hustles is better than 18 wins by a lazy team provided neither team will make the tournament.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum