Noreen Out

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Noreen Out

Postby EagleDave on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Noreen Out

Postby BC923 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:31 pm

BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:55 pm

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:08 pm

i don't get this at all....did he really want to play for a skinner team?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:50 pm

I really thought Noreen would be the one to stay. He seems like someone who would fit on one of Donahue's teams in style of play and academically. I'd think Donahue would give him a better opportunity to utilize all his skills while Skinner and the Flex wouldn't. Mr. Basketball of Minnesota is impressive.

I'm wondering what's going on with Donahue and the new recruits. I am optimistic though that Donahue and his staff and bring in some good recruits for next season and make us forget about Heslip and Noreen. This defection hurts but still, since we've been down on Al's recruiting the past few years, we shouldn't immediately worry about missing his players.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby totheights on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:09 am

Not a surprise. People don't realize how hard the coaches recruit these kids and what kind of "bond" they build with the coaches. We lost every single one of the coaches from our old staff.

Not disappointed yet in Donahue, but he has to find some capable bodies to replace all the holes soon. Not some walk-ons or juco kids. Kids who have potential and can play Donahue's system. I believe he will though.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:13 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:i don't get this at all....did he really want to play for a skinner team?

You are an idiot. The answer is, "Yes".
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan12 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:33 am

Heslip didnt leave, Donaghue said that there was no place for him on the team. Could this be the same thing for Noreen? I know we all think that he would work perfectly in Donaghue's scheme, but there could be an additude problem or even a playing problem. D will get us his recruits though. Theres no doubt about that
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 am

I saw this coming...

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:i don't get this at all....did he really want to play for a skinner team?

You are an idiot. The answer is, "Yes".

Who recruited Noreen? Who was the coach when Noreen signed an LOI?

But the Skinner haters can rejoice, just getting rid of people who don't like to work hard, right?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:04 am

Too bad: I really thought he would have stuck....
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 am

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:Heslip didnt leave, Donaghue said that there was no place for him on the team. Could this be the same thing for Noreen? I know we all think that he would work perfectly in Donaghue's scheme, but there could be an additude problem or even a playing problem. D will get us his recruits though. Theres no doubt about that

Was this confirmed?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby totheights on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:35 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:Heslip didnt leave, Donaghue said that there was no place for him on the team. Could this be the same thing for Noreen? I know we all think that he would work perfectly in Donaghue's scheme, but there could be an additude problem or even a playing problem. D will get us his recruits though. Theres no doubt about that

Was this confirmed?

It seems as if the Helsip side is confirming it. But I am not sure they are totally unbiased about it.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Was this confirmed?

It seems as if the Helsip side is confirming it. But I am not sure they are totally unbiased about it.

That's fair. You could see obvious bitterness there over Skinner's firing amongst other things. FWIW, I spoke to a guy I know from Cornell, he and his dad are involved with basketball camps and such at the school and know the coach personally, and he doesn't think Donahue would intentionally chase guys away.

At the end of the day though, they can bash BC all they want or build a shrine to Al in their living room for all I care. The guys who left are irrelevant now. What really matters now is how BC fills in the gaps in the roster.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I was the one who confirmed it... What youve heard is what actually happened
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby totheights on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:I was the one who confirmed it... What youve heard is what actually happened

Yes, I have read what you confirmed with his father. Like I said, not sure its an unbiased source. Its obvious he was in love with Skinner praising him and calling Donahue and amateur. Not really going to believe what he says until something from the other side comes out, and if something never comes out, oh well I still won't take Brady Heslip's fathers word for it.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Amen sir. I completely agree. Sorry i didnt get it the first time around haha
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:15 am

This is the one prospect they really needed to keep.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Snooks Kelly on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:26 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2010/04/bc_defections_c.html

The exodus continues...

Didn't this kid start looking around about 3 minutes afeter he committed?
Snooks Kelly
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 am

totheights {l Wrote}:
Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:I was the one who confirmed it... What youve heard is what actually happened

Yes, I have read what you confirmed with his father. Like I said, not sure its an unbiased source. Its obvious he was in love with Skinner praising him and calling Donahue and amateur. Not really going to believe what he says until something from the other side comes out, and if something never comes out, oh well I still won't take Brady Heslip's fathers word for it.

His dad has already proved to be a goofy clown so his opinion means nothing. If Skinner is the master that would be a complete joke. Masters should know how to draw an inbounds play up.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:17 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

His dad has already proved to be a goofy clown so his opinion means nothing. If Skinner is the master that would be a complete joke. Masters should know how to draw an inbounds play up.

Or call a timeout when the team is on its heels, the opponent is surging, and in-game adjustments are required. Instead, Al's #1 stat is not that he is the all-time winningest coach, but rather he has the largest collection of unused timeouts in BC Basketball history!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

Or call a timeout when the team is on its heels, the opponent is surging, and in-game adjustments are required. Instead, Al's #1 stat is not that he is the all-time winningest coach, but rather he has the largest collection of unused timeouts in BC Basketball history!

BC history? Try NCAA history.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cornellfan on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:48 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:

I doubt Donahue will say anything to the media about Heslip
cornellfan
n00b

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:24 am

I thought this guy was going to be a lock no matter what happened with Skinner, too bad he decided against coming. I was looking forward to him coming in and contributing, but now it seems like Coach D has his work cut out for next years class
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum