Teh Worldz is Ending

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Teh Worldz is Ending

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 pm

We lose Gallagher, Heslip and Sanders in one day!
totheights
Carney Hall

Re: Teh Worldz is Ending

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:08 pm

It's fair to be worried about the program. Losing that many personnel and players in one day is discouraging to say the least. I'm not one of the posters declaring the sky is falling, but I'm not denying it either.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:It's fair to be worried about the program. Losing that many personnel and players in one day is discouraging to say the least. I'm not one of the posters declaring the sky is falling, but I'm not denying it either.

Did you really expect nothing to change when we cleaned house? There isn't a coach left over from the old staff.

Anyone who actually believed that is either really naive or a simpleton.

Anyway, a HJS rant about the state of BC basketball would be nice comedic relief right now.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:30 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:It's fair to be worried about the program. Losing that many personnel and players in one day is discouraging to say the least. I'm not one of the posters declaring the sky is falling, but I'm not denying it either.

No big deal. Small potatoes.

SD is here. End of story.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:05 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

No big deal. Small potatoes.

SD is here. End of story.

74's got the right idea. Stay positive. Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn. :banana
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:42 am

totheights {l Wrote}:

Did you really expect nothing to change when we cleaned house? There isn't a coach left over from the old staff.

Anyway, a HJS rant about the state of BC basketball would be nice comedic relief right now.

Look, everyone was complaining about the culture around the team, so it's being changed. Losing fat and lazy Sanders isn't the end of the world. Then we lost a short kid from Canada who's going to play at Boise St, big deal. And we lost an assistant coach who none of us know anything about really.

It's not the end of the world, Skinner fucked this thing up so bad it's going to take some time to fix. Donahue needs to find at least 4 guys who are going to come play here in 2010 (JUCO, that kid from Sienna, whatever) that are competent basketball players. We're not going to be good next year, that's fine because we were going to suck with Skinner anyways.

The
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

Look, everyone was complaining about the culture around the team, so it's being changed. Losing fat and lazy Sanders isn't the end of the world. Then we lost a short kid from Canada who's going to play at Boise St, big deal. And we lost an assistant coach who none of us know anything about really.

It's not the end of the world, Skinner fucked this thing up so bad it's going to take some time to fix. Donahue needs to find at least 4 guys who are going to come play here in 2010 (JUCO, that kid from Sienna, whatever) that are competent basketball players. We're not going to be good next year, that's fine because we were going to suck with Skinner anyways.

The

I know Ill probably get shit for this but isnt there a chance he would have returned to the Sanders of 08/09? I think id rather have that chance, as unlikely as it is, than have no chance at all
Last edited by bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby totheights on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

The

I'm on your side. This thread was sarcasm.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby cornellfan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:13 am

I dont think losing Gallagher is a big deal, it is an opportunity for Donahue to get another assistant so he doesnt have an all Ivy league staff
cornellfan
n00b

Postby talon on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 am

bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

The

I know Ill probably get shit for this but isnt there a chance he would have returned to the Sanders of 08/09? I think id rather have that chance, as unlikely as it is, than have no chance at all

No chance. None at all. There is absolutely no way that Sanders could possible have contributed this year, which is remarkable because everybody considers Steve Donahue 1000 times the coach that Al Skinner was. Even Jesus Christ Himself would not be able to do a single thing to make Rakim Sanders improve.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 am

talon {l Wrote}:
bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

The

No chance. None at all. There is absolutely no way that Sanders could possible have contributed this year, which is remarkable because everybody considers Steve Donahue 1000 times the coach that Al Skinner was. Even Jesus Christ Himself would not be able to do a single thing to make Rakim Sanders improve.

While I won't go so far as to question Jesus Christ's coaching ability (you think he goes 40 minutes of hell?), I agree.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:21 am

For those actually not expecting some kind of lag with these broad changes - get real.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby totheights on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 am

Yep, people look at the Jags firing and Spaz hiring and see that there weren't a lot of transfers and decomits....but what they have to realize is that the majority of the staff returned. That isn't the case with this firing/hiring. We cleaned house. Shit happens, we were obviously going to have to deal with people leaving so who cares.

The Heslip thread was funny though....watching some people meltdown over a kid who hasn't played a single game here leaving.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby totheights on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:16 am

totheights {l Wrote}:

Not to toot my own horn here.....but let me just say it was AWESOME and some great comedic relief.

Here it is in the Heslip thread: http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4658&start=60#p91771
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby Shredder on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:30 am

Are there any unsigned players on the market? You'd think there'd be some late bloomers--possibly big men--and kids who just didn't receive the big offer they wanted just waiting for the right coach to come in.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:

Not to toot my own horn here.....but let me just say it was AWESOME and some great comedic relief.

Here it is in the Heslip thread: http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4658&start=60#p91771

Are you serious? I posted my complaint on the handling of Heslip 2 hours before you posted your stupid nonsensical request.

Hey... all we need today is for totheights to post a ridiculous thread which everyone ignores. But, then we can have totheights keep bumping the thread so often that he winds up with half of the responses to his own post. That would be some right fine message boarding.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Hey... all we need today is for totheights to post a ridiculous thread which everyone ignores. But, then we can have totheights keep bumping the thread so often that he winds up with half of the responses to his own post. That would be some right fine message boarding.

Not to toot my own horn here.....but let me just say it was some right fine message boarding, all right.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4667&p=91976#p91976
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby totheights on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:35 am

Wow, you are doing a great job at "ignoring" my thread.

You are also doing a great job at "bumping" my thread that is being ignored.

Keep up the fantastic work. :dildodog
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:51 am

totheights {l Wrote}:Wow, you are doing a great job at "ignoring" my thread.

You are also doing a great job at "bumping" my thread that is being ignored.

Keep up the fantastic work. :dildodog

This, kids, is ironing.

Need to get a beer.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum