How many walk-ons will be in the starting line up next year?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

59%
6%
No votes
6%
29%

Total votes : 17

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm

When are open tryouts?
talon
Cushing Hall

Re: How many walk-ons will be in the starting line up next year?

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 pm

The walk-ons will transfer.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 pm

My BC TEAM led by Stevie D. is on the floor.

I would rather have 4 on the floor than 12 of Lazy Elvis's bong smoking cheesesteak eating no hustle fucks.

BC will be fine.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Maybe there's a football player or 2 that could lend a hand...I was reading about this kid, and apparently he's played some hoops...(mentioned in the first two paragraphs)

http://www.cheshireacademy.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=579608
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:03 pm

I’m not sure there will be any in the starting lineup, but there might be 1 or 2 on the bench
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:09 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:I’m not sure there will be any in the starting lineup, but there might be 1 or 2 on the bench

Winner.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:I’m not sure there will be any in the starting lineup, but there might be 1 or 2 on the bench

Winner.

Is there a basketball “sid vicious” out there?? Someone check the rec plex
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:21 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

Winner.

Is there a basketball “sid vicious” out there?? Someone check the rec plex

At least range out to 30 yards is considered great in basketball.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Talon, things could not have been ANY WORSE than they were. Who needs players anyway?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Talon, things could not have been ANY WORSE than they were. Who needs players anyway?

another fan fooled by skinner. gee, I hope we go to one sweet 16 in the next 13 years - that would be SWEET.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:35 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:Talon, things could not have been ANY WORSE than they were. Who needs players anyway?

gee, I hope we go to one sweet 16 in the next 13 years - that would be SWEET.

Funny thing is, if Skinner were still the coach this would be true.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMcG on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:36 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

another fan fooled by skinner. gee, I hope we go to one sweet 16 in the next 13 years - that would be SWEET.

we're guaranteed to. it can't get any worse than skinner...

It's true! Under Skinner, BC was not only the worst program in the ACC, it was the worst program in the ENTIRE COUNTRY! It is impossible to get any worse than that.

PS Chris Crane is the worst quarterback in the history of college football. Luckily, we had Dominique Davis to save the day.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:The walk-ons will transfer.

Wouldn't that make them walk-offs?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby buconvict on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'm not fooled, we're in agreement. BC basketball was at absolute ROCK BOTTOM. 5 weeks ago. It could not have been ANY WORSE than it was. Now that BC has traded in Skinner, their small forward, and their entire recruiting class for a new (white) coach, things are so much better!

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:50 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'm not fooled, we're in agreement. BC basketball was at absolute ROCK BOTTOM. 5 weeks ago. It could not have been ANY WORSE than it was. Now that BC has traded in Skinner, their small forward, and their entire recruiting class for a new (white) coach, things are so much better!

I disagree. things weren't rock bottom. We could have gone to ZERO sweet 16s in the last 13 years. Thank God Skinner got us to one. After all, BC is not a basketball school, so we shouldn't expect any better than that.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I disagree. things weren't rock bottom. We could have gone to ZERO sweet 16s in the last 13 years. Thank God Skinner got us to one. After all, BC is not a basketball school, so we shouldn't expect any better than that.

This team was going to suck next year under Skinner anyway. And as far as recruiting went, you lost a small white kid out of Canada who's Dad is a bitch. I forgot, we also lost a small forward who's overweight, out of shape and can't dribble. The two players that left transferred to Fairfield and Boise St., that should tell you enough.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:47 pm

ROCK BOTTOM!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

This team was going to suck next year under Skinner anyway. And as far as recruiting went, you lost a small white kid out of Canada who's Dad is a bitch. I forgot, we also lost a small forward who's overweight, out of shape and can't dribble. The two players that left transferred to Fairfield and Boise St., that should tell you enough.

Yeah, but Noreen is a bigger loss, I think.

Anyways, Everyone needs to calm down. Losing some players was inevitable, let's see who we get to replace them before we judge this team vs. Skinner's. I mean, it couldn't possibly get much worse, I guess...
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Dwayne Pina's not walkin' through that door, fans.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:39 pm

I forgot that Al of Skinner's recruits were as talented as most walk-ons.

I also forgot what a terrible coach Skinner was while taking all those walk-on caliber players to the tourny 8 out of 10 years.

ROCK BOTTOM!

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMcG on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Taking the team to the tourney doesn't matter!!! Making the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 is what really matters!!!

...until you make the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 regularly. Then you can bitch about not making the Final Four. Fire Roy Williams! Fire everybody!
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:Taking the team to the tourney doesn't matter!!! Making the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 is what really matters!!!

...until you make the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 regularly. Then you can bitch about not making the Final Four. Fire Roy Williams! Fire everybody!

A. Al sucked at recruiting. He had some good assistants. When they left, the recruiting stopped.
B. I love the "we are what we are" attitude...1 sweet 16 in 13 years is AWESOME for BC...we should just aspire to "make the tournament". BC should have never fired Al. His ceiling was so high. Hell, we could have expected ANOTHER sweet 16 before 2024.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCMcG {l Wrote}:Taking the team to the tourney doesn't matter!!! Making the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 is what really matters!!!

A. Al sucked at recruiting. He had some good assistants. When they left, the recruiting stopped.
B. I love the "we are what we are" attitude...1 sweet 16 in 13 years is AWESOME for BC...we should just aspire to "make the tournament". BC should have never fired Al. His ceiling was so high. Hell, we could have expected ANOTHER sweet 16 before 2024.

The point is that the arbitrary capriciousness of your selecting the Sweet 16 as your cutoff for success is, was, and always has been fucktarded. Why isn't the cutoff one game more? One game less? Add to that the fact that you never seem to want to talk about the teams that beat BC in most seasons (you will of course act like an asshole and respond to this with "U-WM", but that is to be expected) and your opinion becomes utterly worthless.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

The point is that the arbitrary capriciousness of your selecting the Sweet 16 as your cutoff for success is, was, and always has been fucktarded. Why isn't the cutoff one game more? One game less? Add to that the fact that you never seem to want to talk about the teams that beat BC in most seasons (you will of course act like an asshole and respond to this with "U-WM", but that is to be expected) and your opinion becomes utterly worthless.

I'd like to announce that with the additional revenue generated by the Yahoo-bot, we're expanding the EO Club and adding the OJ/Teddy Rape Suite. Congrats to all of us.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:56 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'd like to announce that with the additional revenue generated by the Yahoo-bot, we're expanding the EO Club and adding the OJ/Teddy Rape Suite. Congrats to all of us.

I want nothing to do with your faux-elitist attempt to escape the plebiscite.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Because you judge coaches on how they can get it done in the NCAA tournament. That's how it works. Getting to the second weekend is a huge deal for a school. It's clear you support the theory that teh tourney iszz randomz and thus 't judge a coach on how he does in the regular season, not postseason. It's simply a case of different opinions.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Because you judge coaches on how they can get it done in the NCAA tournament. That's how it works. Getting to the second weekend is a huge deal for a school. It's clear you support the theory that teh tourney iszz randomz and thus 't judge a coach on how he does in the regular season, not postseason. It's simply a case of different opinions.

Enter OJ's chorus.

Actually, no. The tourney is not random. BC was usually beaten by better teams. Georgia Tech, Villanova and Georgetown leap to mind in BC's three best teams that had chance seasons.

Few coaches in the country get fired after taking their team to 7 tourneys in 10 years. Period. That said, I am okay with moving on.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Enter OJ's chorus.

Actually, no. The tourney is not random. BC was usually beaten by better teams. Georgia Tech, Villanova and Georgetown leap to mind in BC's three best teams that had chance seasons.

Few coaches in the country get fired after taking their team to 7 tourneys in 10 years. Period. That said, I am okay with moving on.

You could certainly call me OJ's chorus because I definitely agree with him here. At a power conference school, you make or break your job on how successful you are in the post season. Getting there isn't enough. Most of the time around 40% make it from the ACC (and Big East before that). It's what you do once you're in there.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:17 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Enter OJ's chorus.

You could certainly call me OJ's chorus because I definitely agree with him here. At a power conference school, you make or break your job on how successful you are in the post season. Getting there isn't enough. Most of the time around 40% make it from the ACC (and Big East before that). It's what you do once you're in there.

but why is the sweet sixteen the line?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:42 am

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Enter OJ's chorus.

but why is the sweet sixteen the line?

It makes sense, and not because it's called the "Sweet Sixteen". Making the Sweet 16 means you have made the second weekend, won two games, with at least one against a very good team in a high pressure situation, you make it to a regional which typically involves three other elite teams, and it certainly is a manageable goal for a good power conference team.

If OJ were to expect a Final 4 every year, I would say that's ridiculous. But getting two wins in the NCAA tournament when, if you make it in the first place means you were one of the better teams in the best conference in America, is a reasonable expectation.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum