Heslip's Out Too...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Heslip's Out Too...

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:49 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Why in the hell would a coach force out a freshman with a high basketball IQ, a good work ethic, and a desire to play for your school? You're right, he wouldn't. Especially considering the decreasing number of scholarship players.

I love all these new people suddenly showing up on the board with these "sources". Losing Heslip sucks, and where there's smoke there's probably fire on this one because it seems a little bizarre. Good ridance to Sanders, have fun at Fairfield.

I can't tell if this remark is aimed at me. Please clear that up.

Not at you at all. You're one of my favorite posters actually. It's meant at that strange DCEagle and Carolina2010. I find it strange that when things started going bad they just all the sudden showed up.

Don't bother buying into their sources. Until it's published in fine print, it's bullshit.

You have to choose. Either picking the fat and lazy team who win maybe 18 games or pick the not talented team who'll win about 12-15 games. Both teams are going to suck. And yes, I'm talking about next year, which is going to be ugly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Holy shit....the kid had potential but before we blow our load over him....HE HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE GAME.

If Coach Donahue has a plan (he obviously does) then fine. If Brady wasn't in it? Too bad. Sorry you are a casualty of the coaching change. Happens too much now-a-days but that is the way of big time college sports.

Now if Donahue doesn't have a plan, this is fucked and terrible.

Lets wait and see before we start believe what a guys dad is saying on Twitter. :whiteflag
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Why in the hell would a coach force out a freshman with a high basketball IQ, a good work ethic, and a desire to play for your school? You're right, he wouldn't. Especially considering the decreasing number of scholarship players.

I love all these new people suddenly showing up on the board with these "sources". Losing Heslip sucks, and where there's smoke there's probably fire on this one because it seems a little bizarre. Good ridance to Sanders, have fun at Fairfield.

I can't tell if this remark is aimed at me. Please clear that up.

Not at you at all. You're one of my favorite posters actually. It's meant at that strange DCEagle and Carolina2010. I find it strange that when things started going bad they just all the sudden showed up.

I kind of figured you were referencing me. I haven't claimed to have a SINGLE source about crap. Period. If you think I'm a fraud or someone with a hidden agenda, you can kiss my black a**. And that's for real. Like I said, my household has been believing in BC since 1997... and will do so from now 'til eternity.

Like I said... unlike you most of you saps who sit around and CONJECTURE... I'm sleeping with my 'source' every night...

Well I sleep with my right hand every night too, but it's not a valid source.

Comedy... WTF do you want a social security number? Please give me an example of where I have put forth any claims to have inside intelligence regarding anything BC related... I'm calling you out. :gun
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
Like I said... unlike you most of you saps who sit around and CONJECTURE... I'm sleeping with my 'source' every night...

Comedy... WTF do you want a social security number? Please give me an example of where I have put forth any claims to have inside intelligence regarding anything BC related... I'm calling you out. :gun

I don't claim you've put forth anything. Hell, you probably haven't. I do find it rather convenient that you joined today though.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm just repeating what his dad (or someone masquerading as his dad) said to some of us tonight. If he's full of shit or a fraud, and he might be, who knows, then we'll all find out in good time.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:56 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:Holy shit....the kid had potential but before we blow our load over him....HE HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE GAME.

If Coach Donahue has a plan (he obviously does) then fine. If Brady wasn't in it? Too bad. Sorry you are a casualty of the coaching change. Happens too much now-a-days but that is the way of big time college sports.

Lets wait and see before we start believe what a guys dad is saying on Twitter. :whiteflag

We're not the first team to have a coaching change and lose a bunch of players. We're going to be fine, next year is just going to be really ugly potentially. We lost a fat, overweight, lazy player and a short white kid from Canada. We'll survive.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This. Although I don't think there will be too many more transfers. If I had to guess right now Ravanel is the most likely. And I'm not going to claim I have some phantom sources that these people who have come out of the woodwork have claimed. It's purely a guess.

Here are the guys I want to stay: Jackson, Paris, Elmore, Dunn, Raji, Trapani and Noreen. I couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else. Heslip would have been nice, and I'm not Biko Paris fan but if he buys into the program he could be a good player. Just means we have plenty of open roster spots for some decent, in shape talent.

That's about a 4 win team.

Actually I've posted on here before many times. Feel free to call me out, but I have been pretty accurate on everything I have ever posted on this board. I was making an observation b/c it is rare you see 2 guys on the same day transfer from an ACC school. That's all. If you feel offended or can't handle it sobeit. It is, what it is. Realistically I don't have time to go back and forth with you BC basketball experts everyday. By the way lets see how good that Jackson, Paris, Elmore, Dunn, Raji, Trapani lineup works for you. This guy says that he would like to keep Dunn.....LOL!!!! Wow, nuff said.
False. That team wins about 12-15 games. Newsflash, Sanders and Southern aren't going to help you win basketball games.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Here is how I think it played out with Heslip. He obviously came here to play the flex offense. He formed relationships with a lot of the coaches on the old staff (based on reading his twitter this is somewhat obvious) and none of them are here anymore. He wasn't that thrilled with the new offense that was being installed or whatever and was pissed that he wasn't going to get to play the kind of ball he expected to play. Kids commit to places that have coaches they like and playing styles that they like all the time. He liked Skinner and his offense (as evidences by his "father" calling him a "great" coach and calling Donahue an "amateur"), not so much anymore.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Truce. Yes... I joined today. I've been 'guesting' up until now... primarily because hubby is uncomfortable with me on mb's due to said profession. I am not a BC alum... but am very interested in the program... I joined today because I became more interested given the recent turn of events, i.e. new coach, player defections, etc.

However unlike most newbie's, I DO BELIEVE that there is no need for panic. So SD has a couple of rebuilding years... that's normal. If by year 3... there isn't marked improvement... let the feeding frenzy begin. Oh... and I really hope that you're not on the 'welcoming committee'.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This. Although I don't think there will be too many more transfers. If I had to guess right now Ravanel is the most likely. And I'm not going to claim I have some phantom sources that these people who have come out of the woodwork have claimed. It's purely a guess.

Here are the guys I want to stay: Jackson, Paris, Elmore, Dunn, Raji, Trapani and Noreen. I couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else. Heslip would have been nice, and I'm not Biko Paris fan but if he buys into the program he could be a good player. Just means we have plenty of open roster spots for some decent, in shape talent.

Actually I've posted on here before many times. Feel free to call me out, but I have been pretty accurate on everything I have ever posted on this board. I was making an observation b/c it is rare you see 2 guys on the same day transfer from an ACC school. That's all. If you feel offended or can't handle it sobeit. It is, what it is. Realistically I don't have time to go back and forth with you BC basketball experts everyday. By the way lets see how good that Jackson, Paris, Elmore, Dunn, Raji, Trapani lineup works for you. This guy says that he would like to keep Dunn.....LOL!!!! Wow, nuff said.
False. That team wins about 12-15 games. Newsflash, Sanders and Southern aren't going to help you win basketball games.

So by your theory, Heslip, Sanders and Southern equate for about 12-14 wins. Sure ok.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:01 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:Truce. Yes... I joined today. I've been 'guesting' up until now... primarily because hubby is uncomfortable with me on mb's due to said profession. I am not a BC alum... but am very interested in the program... I joined today because I became more interested given the recent turn of events, i.e. new coach, player defections, etc.

However unlike most newbie's, I DO BELIEVE that there is no need for panic. So SD has a couple of rebuilding years... that's normal. If by year 3... there isn't marked improvement... let the feeding frenzy begin. Oh... and I really hope that you're not on the 'welcoming committee'.

I'm actually Donahue's biggest supporter on the board I think since the beginning.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
totheights {l Wrote}:Holy shit....the kid had potential but before we blow our load over him....HE HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE GAME.

We're not the first team to have a coaching change and lose a bunch of players. We're going to be fine, next year is just going to be really ugly potentially. We lost a fat, overweight, lazy player and a short white kid from Canada. We'll survive.

Exactly. Its the way of the game today.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}: Oh... and I really hope that you're not on the 'welcoming committee'.

I'm not the most inviting kid in the world, but welcome to EO. I'm not the least inviting either.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49 am

Looks like I need a new sig....I was really hoping this kid could play and that Reggie would flourish at the 2...Good luck to Coach D, here's hoping he's a man with a plan...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:08 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
carolina2010 {l Wrote}: Oh... and I really hope that you're not on the 'welcoming committee'.

I'm not the most inviting kid in the world, but welcome to EO. I'm not the least inviting either.

Some people have an itchy trigger finger from all the arguments through the years with visiting posters from the Big East and NCSt. Welcome to the board, I could care less if you have info or not, every fan of any BC sport is welcome in my book.

This isnt going to be easy and if SD thinks a empty house is easier to clean thats fine. It took 3 years for him to get things turned aroun at Cornell and it will be the same here. No one going into their senior year transfers unless there is an issue so the Sanders thing doesnt bother me. I am going to have faith that Jons can replace our usual crop of 3 stars with 4 stars and I dont care how he does it. I will not criticize recruiting for 3 years, as for coaching, if he can draw up an inbound play it will be a step up, full court press is a step up, an offense that is designed to score more then 50 a game, another step.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Shredder on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:11 am

I'm surprised and a little disappointed but don't think this is a big loss. From the articles, Heslip seemed like a likable player. While he probably his a great shooter, I questioned his athleticism. Maybe the new offense Donahue has been talking about is too fast for him. Or maybe it just isn't his style. Regardless, I'll give Donahaue the benefit of the doubt in that if he didn't or couldn't keep him, it was for good reason.

I'm not losing any sleep over Heslip's and Rakim's transfers. Sanders for reasons we've been talking about all year. For Heslip and even Noreen and Papa, they do look pretty promising but so did Al's latest recruits these recent years. This can at least give Donahue and Jones an early opportunity to bring their own players on board. I'm sure there'll be some other player defections or late recruits that can be picked up. If I'm not mistaken, Dudley didn't sign until August after Dan Coleman was homesick and left. With our new space and the change at Wake, how about Carson Desrosiers having a change of heart?
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

But is the hand at least a source of pleasure?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 am

Was yesterday national “everyone jump off the bandwagon day”? I’m surprised Heslip is leaving!!!! I hope Ndao and Noreen won’t be following them out the door. I thought the big cleanout would happen after 2011 graduation, not before I guess this really gives the Don free range to build his team. My only concern is that we would have an extremely short bench……looks like we need to find the basketball equivalent of “sid vicious”
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:44 am

I trust that the Don knows what he's doing. It stinks if he burned bridges, but hopefully that's just some misplaced anger over things not working out. I have to say it sounded like Heslip was a great fit for the Don's system (if only because he had a reputation as a good shooter and hard worker...kinda like the Cornell kids), but obviously Steve Donahue knows better than any of us if that's true. Let's just let this thing play out.

Oh, and Carolina2010, if you didn't like this welcoming committee, I highly advise staying out of MaryAnn's right now.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 am

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:I've never heard of this kid being lazy. Actually I've heard quite the contrary. Where did you guys get that info from? Or is that just the cool thing to say on here?

Let's see, you show up the day Heslip transfers and all you talk about is Brady being turned off by SD playing favorites. And you not so subtlely talk about what a great kid and player Heslip is. Not tough to tell you have ties to BH.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:16 am

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Was yesterday national “everyone jump off the bandwagon day”? I’m surprised Heslip is leaving!!!! I hope Ndao and Noreen won’t be following them out the door. I thought the big cleanout would happen after 2011 graduation, not before I guess this really gives the Don free range to build his team. My only concern is that we would have an extremely short bench……looks like we need to find the basketball equivalent of “sid vicious”

The plus side of defections is Rehnquist may finally get some PT!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 am

I don't like D giving Brady the boot (if that is really what happened). I don't like it at all. As a new coach, your job is to deal with those already in the program... not force them to quit. I view this as negatively as I viewed Jags running off Kenny Plue. He doesn't fit your system? So what? Deal with it.

Heslip's particular situation is really effed up. We had zero schollie's used last year. We are losing Noreen and Papa. We just lost Sanders (I think he was gone even if Skinner stayed). We have no underclassmen guards other than Jax. You honestly just need warm bodies at this point. Heslip, by all accounts, is a kid who is willing to work hard and has a modicum of talent. I'm sorry... but that should still hold some value on a roster devoid of scholarship players. How is Heslip any different from any of the players that D recruited to Cornell (that ultimately made the Sweet Sixteen run that landed him the BC gig)?

Sanders was a malcontent. Skinner (as much as I liked him) always did a TERRIBLE job running off kids who were lockerroom cancers. His faults, usually wound up costing the team dearly. Andrew Bryant was a gangster... Skinner kept him around... and it cost us Ryan Sidney. Akida was a bad kid... Skinner kept him around... and it cost us :seanwilliams . Losing Sanders is a hit to the talent, but I totally understand why The Don would do it (see Tom Coughlin/Tiki Barber). By Heslip is a different story. He is just a kid who wanted to come to BC so bad that he effed himself ROYALLY by getting here in January. He seemed to be willing to do what was necessary. And the new coach kicked him to the curb. Hey... it worked out really well for Kenny Plue. I hope it works as well for Heslip.

Now, we all have to sit back and see what magic D can cast to replace the 3 former recruits... all while being down an assistant (a character issue Coach D didn't identify in Gallagher... to his detriment).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 am

Maybe it was Heslip's decision to leave and he wasn't "kicked to the curb". Either way, have fun in Boise. Sorry the workouts were too hard for you to handle.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:57 am

I may not believe that Heslip was kicked to the curb (or that his dad isn't unbalanced), but absolutely nothing points to him not wanting to work hard as the issue. Good luck Brady. OJ - stop being a turd sandwich. Oh wait, that's impossible.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:59 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Maybe it was Heslip's decision to leave and he wasn't "kicked to the curb". Either way, have fun in Boise. Sorry the workouts were too hard for you to handle.

OJ pissed all over Matt Ryan for throwing interceptions yesterday. Now... he is pissing all over an 18-year-old who was supposedly working his ass off but was told he isn't wanted. Sanders' issue was effort. Heslip's was "fit". BTW... just because Heslip plays BB, I think you should know that he isn't a minority. So, your typical "all minorities are lazy" rant doesn't fit here.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I may not believe that Heslip was kicked to the curb (or that his dad isn't unbalanced), but absolutely nothing points to him not wanting to work hard as the issue. Good luck Brady. OJ - stop being a turd sandwich. Oh wait, that's impossible.

Honest question... Domino12 has posted for FOREVER on EA. He was always a regular on the free boards. I never read the free boards over there. Was he always this insufferable, racist prick? Also, I find it amazing that he has time to be so incredibly hated simultaneously on EA (as Domino12), on EI (as OJ1969) and on EO (as Eagledom). Combine all his posts and he probably has more than 74 and all of TRE's aliases... combined.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Maybe it was Heslip's decision to leave and he wasn't "kicked to the curb". Either way, have fun in Boise. Sorry the workouts were too hard for you to handle.

OJ pissed all over Matt Ryan for throwing interceptions yesterday. Now... he is pissing all over an 18-year-old who was supposedly working his ass off but was told he isn't wanted. Sanders' issue was effort. Heslip's was "fit". BTW... just because Heslip plays BB, I think you should know that he isn't a minority. So, your typical "all minorities are lazy" rant doesn't fit here.

Funny how many lies can be in one 6 sentence post.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:25 am

I never call you out (too many other people are happy to oblige), but this is ridiculous. How can you possibly say this kid was lazy? It sounded like he was one guy who really wanted to work his ass off. Poor form.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:29 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That team might make 12-15 games with Donahue. Of course, with Donahue, we would have won 5 more games this year, right? So, how many do you think Sanders is worth? Have to put the ball in the basket.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:

I never call you out (too many other people are happy to oblige), but this is ridiculous. How can you possibly say this kid was lazy? It sounded like he was one guy who really wanted to work his ass off. Poor form.

he has sources in the athletic department.
talon
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum