Heslip's Out Too...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Heslip's Out Too...

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:if we only have 1-2 ACC players, then Al Skinner must get some credit for coaching them above the bottom four in the league, no?

No. I won't give Al credit for coaching the team to 6-10, or one game better than 2nd worst record in the league.

are you taking the OJ argument that BC had a shitty coach and no talent last year?

Last year there was shitty coaching and very little talent. That does not mean I think the prior 12 years was shitty coaching and had no talent. I doubt many people would disagree with this statement.

can you point to another team in the history of college basketball that had equally shitty coaching and very little talent that won 15 games?

Yukon

a HUGE part of being a good coach is recruiting good talent. someone apparently doesn;t understand that basic concept.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby screagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2010/04/sanders_and_hes.html

a few questions...

is rakim really 6'8" or was the article referring to the length of the last sub he ate?

boise state has a basketball team? do they play on a smurf-colored floor?
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby WhiskeyEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Any idea why the hell he would leave?
WhiskeyEagle
n00b

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:37 pm

According to his (very bitter) father, he was pushed out by Donahue.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 pm

2008Eagle {l Wrote}:According to his (very bitter) father, he was pushed out by Donahue.

He was probably lazy like the rest of them.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Apparently Heslip isn't TRANSFERRING to Boise... his dad says he's just visiting friends: http://soaringtoglory.blogspot.com/2010 ... l#comments (read 3rd comment from 'Tom' (Heslip)

Also... he didn't leave on own accord... was pushed out by Donahue et.al.: http://twitter.com/WarrenLent

Sad state of affairs IMHO.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby WhiskeyEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:Apparently Heslip isn't TRANSFERRING to Boise... his dad says he's just visiting friends: http://soaringtoglory.blogspot.com/2010 ... l#comments (read 3rd comment from 'Tom' (Heslip)

Also... he didn't leave on own accord... was pushed out by Donahue et.al.: http://twitter.com/WarrenLent

Sad state of affairs IMHO.

Why would Donahue do this? Is liking Reggie at point enough to make this kid leave? I hope there is some plan behind this
WhiskeyEagle
n00b

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Well, I assumed (as most people did) that he was leaving of his own accord. Apparently, this isn't the case. Brady, if ya wanted to be a BC Eagle, then I'm sorry. I wish him luck in his career.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Donahue forced him out? That's a gigantic crock of horseshit.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:04 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Donahue forced him out? That's a gigantic crock of horseshit.

That's what his dad is saying. Granted, the guy clearly has an axe to grind with Donahue now, but he would know I suppose.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Donahue forced him out? That's a gigantic crock of horseshit.

Hey... don't hate the messenger! Here's a another nugget from Papa Heslip: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sport ... ent_bullet (see lone comment)

As the wife of a former BC bball player and current D1 bball coach... let me just say that stuff like this can really hurt a program. No agenda here, 74. We ALWAYS believe in BC (my hubby's mantra btw)...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:14 pm

1. How do we even know that's him.
b. He is incorrect about many things.
iii. I do agree with him re: Coach Flip.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:15 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. How do we even know that's him.

Well... nothing in the tirade was factual... just opinion. Last time I checked, it's impossible to be incorrect with regard to an opinion. I'm just sayin'....
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:19 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:

Hey... don't hate the messenger! Here's a another nugget from Papa Heslip: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sport ... ent_bullet (see lone comment)

As the wife of a former BC bball player and current D1 bball coach... let me just say that stuff like this can really hurt a program. No agenda here, 74. We ALWAYS believe in BC (my hubby's mantra btw)...

Welcome Welcome and stay.

I am on your side. There are 2 sides to eevry story and POV's.

I love Stevie D. and will defend him to the end. 30 had a sly clever agenda...

THIS SD HEAD COACH GUY ----THE MORE I READ after I was all for Mack, ..... and THEN I POSTED I WAS WAY WRONG, (which most missed)......... IS A FANTASTIC HIRE AND WHY HE WAS AT CORNELL WAS A MYSTERY!

We at BC are blessed, just like when we had Sir Jared and his Mom.

Patience and let him recruit a few classes...

I would love to play for him...but I am half blind, deaf, old, slow fat, senile, insane and would puke up stuff from the 70's in his workouts...but Stevie D is the man.

I can shoot though!! :roll:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. How do we even know that's him.

Well... nothing in the tirade was factual... just opinion. Last time I checked, it's impossible to be incorrect with regard to an opinion. I'm just sayin'....

"These new coaches...have done next to nothing in terms of what top level basketball is about. They are amateurs."

Those he suggests as fact when they are clearly incorrect. I'll assume he meant "know" as opposed to "done" They are not amateurs. They have been just as successful in the post season as Second Round Skinner has been.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Why in the hell would a coach force out a freshman with a high basketball IQ, a good work ethic, and a desire to play for your school? You're right, he wouldn't. Especially considering the decreasing number of scholarship players.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 pm

He lost me when he said Al's firing was "was incomprehensible and unforgivable." Well, aside from the rude commentary he left me.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks 74. We have been rather amused by the 'musings' on the board... change is difficult and there are certainly difficult times on the horizon, BUT.... hubby was on roster for Skinner during his 1st three BC campaigns.... and well, let's just say... patience is a virtue!

This is a cut-throat business... sometimes people forget that there are real people behind these coaches... wives, children, etc. So, I agree... SD should be given a clean slate and given a chance to work before he's criticized. I don't think anyone wants a rash, Kearney type situation to occur on the Hill.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Why in the hell would a coach force out a freshman with a high basketball IQ, a good work ethic, and a desire to play for your school? You're right, he wouldn't. Especially considering the decreasing number of scholarship players.

I love all these new people suddenly showing up on the board with these "sources". Losing Heslip sucks, and where there's smoke there's probably fire on this one because it seems a little bizarre. Good ridance to Sanders, have fun at Fairfield.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Regardless of the truth behind these rumors, this looks ugly.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:Thanks 74. We have been rather amused by the 'musings' on the board... change is difficult and there are certainly difficult times on the horizon, BUT.... hubby was on roster for Skinner during his 1st three BC campaigns.... and well, let's just say... patience is a virtue!

This is a cut-throat business... sometimes people forget that there are real people behind these coaches... wives, children, etc. So, I agree... SD should be given a clean slate and given a chance to work before he's criticized. I don't think anyone wants a rash, Kearney type situation to occur on the Hill.

Good luck and may you be blessed by Jesus in your Coaching endavors.

This is a cut throat board. Trust me I am public enemy number 1 ---well deserved and earned--and if any throat was to be slashed for a Colombian necktie, I would be a fashion trend setter in a landslide.

I simply could not understand after watching Skinner live at the Nassau Colesium in the NBA how hard and how tough he was and WTF happened in the last 4 years and before when Hurley Senior called him Elvis and he was just MIA?

He was getting huge $$$$ and recruiting from a barcolunger and speaker phone?

Maybe the pilot light goes out on all of us.. Some here think my pilot light went out months ago. :lol:

Stevie D. has a clean slate and more!! When I read what other coaches said about him and was stunned and taken aback about his character and integrity?

WOW BC is blessed beyond words!

Stevie D scared me so much...I did 3 pushups and then attached the defribulator paddles and charged 400 and re-started the pumper --much to the dismay of hundreds here!

GO EAGLES!

Take care!

FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Why in the hell would a coach force out a freshman with a high basketball IQ, a good work ethic, and a desire to play for your school? You're right, he wouldn't. Especially considering the decreasing number of scholarship players.

I love all these new people suddenly showing up on the board with these "sources". Losing Heslip sucks, and where there's smoke there's probably fire on this one because it seems a little bizarre. Good ridance to Sanders, have fun at Fairfield.

This. Although I don't think there will be too many more transfers. If I had to guess right now Ravanel is the most likely. And I'm not going to claim I have some phantom sources that these people who have come out of the woodwork have claimed. It's purely a guess.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I can't tell if this remark is aimed at me. Please clear that up.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:40 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This. Although I don't think there will be too many more transfers. If I had to guess right now Ravanel is the most likely. And I'm not going to claim I have some phantom sources that these people who have come out of the woodwork have claimed. It's purely a guess.

Here are the guys I want to stay: Jackson, Paris, Elmore, Dunn, Raji, Trapani and Noreen. I couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else. Heslip would have been nice, and I'm not Biko Paris fan but if he buys into the program he could be a good player. Just means we have plenty of open roster spots for some decent, in shape talent.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Here are the guys I want to stay: Jackson, Paris, Elmore, Dunn, Raji, Trapani and Noreen. I couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else. Heslip would have been nice, and I'm not Biko Paris fan but if he buys into the program he could be a good player. Just means we have plenty of open roster spots for some decent, in shape talent.

That's about a 4 win team.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:41 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Not at you at all. You're one of my favorite posters actually. It's meant at that strange DCEagle and Carolina2010. I find it strange that when things started going bad they just all the sudden showed up.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That's about a 4 win team.

False. That team wins about 12-15 games. Newsflash, Sanders and Southern aren't going to help you win basketball games.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Not at you at all. You're one of my favorite posters actually. It's meant at that strange DCEagle and Carolina2010. I find it strange that when things started going bad they just all the sudden showed up.

Don't bother buying into their sources. Until it's published in fine print, it's bullshit.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I kind of figured you were referencing me. I haven't claimed to have a SINGLE source about crap. Period. If you think I'm a fraud or someone with a hidden agenda, you can kiss my black a**. And that's for real. Like I said, my household has been believing in BC since 1997... and will do so from now 'til eternity.

Like I said... unlike you most of you saps who sit around and CONJECTURE... I'm sleeping with my 'source' every night...
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:47 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I kind of figured you were referencing me. I haven't claimed to have a SINGLE source about crap. Period. If you think I'm a fraud or someone with a hidden agenda, you can kiss my black a**. And that's for real. Like I said, my household has been believing in BC since 1997... and will do so from now 'til eternity.

Like I said... unlike you most of you saps who sit around and CONJECTURE... I'm sleeping with my 'source' every night...

Well I sleep with my right hand every night too, but it's not a valid source.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum