Heslip's Out Too...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Heslip's Out Too...

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 pm

carolina2010
Carney Hall

Re: Heslip's Out Too...

Postby NJM89 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Greeeeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 pm

:74

No big loss...

I love this guy Stevie D.

If you failed his DRILLMASTER boot camp and can't run or keep up..

:74

One thing for sure, Stevie D...this is like 1954 Hickory...just what the Doctor ordered..

The Constanza Opposite World....Stevie D. == Lazy Elvis...

My team is on the floor. 74 don't care if we got 7 guys....

Go scour the Rec Plex where they got kids with floor burns who can hustle.until Stevie D reloads.

Just get the bong smoking rastafarian weed choking cheesesteak stuffing lollygaggers and lazy bones :74

Sanders leaving was pure magic...take your bong and go!

I will say one thing... GDF shocked me with this spectacular hire.....after I read the maniac's post about him--and 74 was wrong--- and then the other Coaches comments...it isn't about wins and losses for a few years...its about putting the right hungry, thirsty, talented Head Coach in the right spot the greatest University in the galaxy...

My team is on the floor.. BC BASKETBALL IS BACK!

Thanks GDF. You are still on probation. :lol:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Greeeeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt

Yes it is.

You don't want to run or work hard..don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby tuggle for heisman on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm

i need football here fast..tired of hearing about all these gheys that skinner brought eating all the donuts
tuggle for heisman
n00b

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:13 pm

I've never heard of this kid being lazy. Actually I've heard quite the contrary. Where did you guys get that info from? Or is that just the cool thing to say on here?
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!

Are these kids REALLY that turned off by an exciting coach?! Or has Donahue been insulting their mothers?!

First comes Sanders, then comes Heslip, next is probably Noreen and I think there'll be more.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm

The only reason Heslip would leave is because he knew he had no shot at playing point guard under Stevie D, and that was what he was brought here to do under the previous administration. I've heard Stevie D is sold on Reggie playing the PG and that is what turned him off to staying @ BC. I would have really been interested in seeing this kid play. I heard he was a gym rat that could truly shoot, and was fundamentally sound at the point. Definitely a kid BC could have used next year. Great job Steve-O.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby NJM89 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Hopefully all this running thats making these kids leave is getting southern into shape
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:The only reason Heslip would leave is because he knew he had no shot at playing point guard under Stevie D, and that was what he was brought here to do under the previous administration. I've heard Stevie D is sold on Reggie playing the PG and that is what turned him off to staying @ BC. I would have really been interested in seeing this kid play. I heard he was a gym rat that could truly shoot, and was fundamentally sound at the point. Definitely a kid BC could have used next year. Great job Steve-O.

How do you know this is a kid BC could have used? You haven't even seen him play.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Brady Heslip sounded like a BC guy. Too bad.

I predict Josh Southern will be the next to transfer because now that Rakim is gone, he has nobody to eat steak and cheeses and play XBOX with.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

donahue is just getting rid of skinners dead weight....its just too bad that the next two seasons are going to suffer for it....thanks al.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 pm

For all you claiming Heslip was lazy, whether you're being serious or not... How the hell do you know? In fact, most signs point to him being a total hard worker with a high basketball IQ. Jared Dudley style.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Heslip is visiting Boise State. Nuff said.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby WaterlooEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Next season could still be very successful...if you have a team with four seniors and a junior star, all of whom buy into Donahue's vision, then we could surprise a lot of people. The season after will like be rough, but if Jackson continues to develop, he could have a huge senior year, which could carry Donahue/Jones' first freshman class to some solid wins.
WaterlooEagle
n00b

Postby WaterlooEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Jared Dudley style.

We've never seen him play. The coaches have. If he was the next coming of Jared Dudley (I know you weren't saying that, but just dropping his name implies that you were), then the coaches would do everything in the world to get him to stay. Its one thing to work out like crazy and have a high Basketball IQ, but you might not have the skills to go with it. Yes, he might have done very well, but chances are he would have been replaced as early as next year.
WaterlooEagle
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm

WaterlooEagle {l Wrote}:Next season could still be very successful...if you have a team with four seniors and a junior star, all of whom buy into Donahue's vision, then we could surprise a lot of people. The season after will like be rough, but if Jackson continues to develop, he could have a huge senior year, which could carry Donahue/Jones' first freshman class to some solid wins.

The problem with this is that depth is just as important as talent, if not more-so.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Your crazy if you think Reggie is good enough to carry a team. He may be athletic and explosive, but he does not have the poise or ball handling skills to carry a team. I like Reggie, but he isn't even as good as Tyrese (mainly because his jumpshot is still so inconsistent). Get real man.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 pm

WaterlooEagle {l Wrote}:Next season could still be very successful...if you have a team with four seniors and a junior star, all of whom buy into Donahue's vision, then we could surprise a lot of people. The season after will like be rough, but if Jackson continues to develop, he could have a huge senior year, which could carry Donahue/Jones' first freshman class to some solid wins.

i love the optimism..but you are crazy. Elomore, Jackson, Trapani, Raji, Southern, Parris, Ravenel, and Dunn will not be a "very successful" team in the ACC. There are 1-2 legit ACC players in that whole bunch.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:49 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

i love the optimism..but you are crazy. Elomore, Jackson, Trapani, Raji, Southern, Parris, Ravenel, and Dunn will not be a "very successful" team in the ACC. There are 1-2 legit ACC players in that whole bunch.

Jackson, Trapani, Raji, and Elmore are all legit ACC players.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Brady Heslip sounded like a BC guy. Too bad.

I predict Josh Southern will be the next to transfer because now that Rakim is gone, he has nobody to eat steak and cheeses and play XBOX with.

yes, that would be great.

Stevie D. = CLEANING OUT THE BARN.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Jackson, Trapani, Raji, and Elmore are all legit ACC players.

You have to be able to make a layup to be a legit ACC player.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 pm

if we only have 1-2 ACC players, then Al Skinner must get some credit for coaching them above the bottom four in the league, no?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 pm

talon {l Wrote}:if we only have 1-2 ACC players, then Al Skinner must get some credit for coaching them above the bottom four in the league, no?

No. I won't give Al credit for coaching the team to 6-10, or one game better than 2nd worst record in the league.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:08 pm

From what I understand, Heslip was a gym-rat. Without knowing him or his family, I can say with virtual certainty that the hard workouts are not the reason he is transferring.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:if we only have 1-2 ACC players, then Al Skinner must get some credit for coaching them above the bottom four in the league, no?

No. I won't give Al credit for coaching the team to 6-10, or one game better than 2nd worst record in the league.

are you taking the OJ argument that BC had a shitty coach and no talent last year?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:14 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

are you taking the OJ argument that BC had a shitty coach and no talent last year?

Last year there was shitty coaching and very little talent. That does not mean I think the prior 12 years was shitty coaching and had no talent. I doubt many people would disagree with this statement.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:16 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Last year there was shitty coaching and very little talent. That does not mean I think the prior 12 years was shitty coaching and had no talent. I doubt many people would disagree with this statement.

can you point to another team in the history of college basketball that had equally shitty coaching and very little talent that won 15 games?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

can you point to another team in the history of college basketball that had equally shitty coaching and very little talent that won 15 games?

Yukon
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Yukon

Virginia, NC State, Miami, Rutgers, St. John's, Washington State, Michigan, Iowa State, Colorado, Nebraska.
Last edited by commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum