Sanders Transferring?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanders Transferring?

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:14 pm

I think this is a pretty good day for any fan of the basketball program, not just OJ.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Two years ago, we would have been devastated by this news. Now we are all rejoicing.

Speaks a lot about the player. He could have been a good one. But preferred to be a fat one. Oh well, I am sure McDonald's will allow him to have all the free food he wants on his lunch break.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby screagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I will miss watching his dad pace behind the basket at Conte.

i will too... some of my favorite cheers:

"he can't guard you, kee-yum!"
"we need a stop... RIGHT HERE!"
"lockdown!"
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Sanders will change his mind after sharing a huge bong of weed with the other 2 rastafarian fatfucking orcaeating puke while running sandbagging lollygaggers.

Cheesesteak Places in Philadelphia are having a 2-1 special this October.

Pick the 5 schools there...

Yet another golden moment on the Heights. One or two more rastafarian bong heads leave and we can use hard hustling walk-ons and Rec-Plex kids until Stevie D. gets his kids.

I love this guy. GDF hit a Fernando Tatis.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 pm

I have no hateful words for Rakim Sanders. If he doesn't love Boston College, he's only helping us by leaving. Maybe now we can throw Heslip into the fire a little at PG and have a little rotation with him, Jackson and Biko.

This does free up a schollie, which gives Jones another man to recruit.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:57 pm

screagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I will miss watching his dad pace behind the basket at Conte.

"lockdown!"

Did he even watch his son play? Lockdown? Seriously?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I really hope this doesn't influence Reggie Jackson.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:10 pm

screagle {l Wrote}:

"lockdown!"

After he pinned a ball against the backboard, "You see what he do?" against UNC when Rice got 46 or something Rakim had an alleyoop jam he ran up the stairs into the concourse holding his 10 sizes too big hat and reemerged a couple of minutes later and looked like he just had a heart attack.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I don't know if this has been brought up, but I really hope this doesn't influence Reggie Jackson.

Reggie is staying.

He does not run with the Bongweedafagarians and late night Pino's cheesesteak gobblers.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BC2007 {l Wrote}:Does this mean Donahue can bring in an additional recruit this season?

It means that Lower won't meet it's quota of Ben and Jerry's pints sold.

It means that I am shorting the hell out of Eagle's Deli stock.

If he's going to Fairfield, now would be a good time to buy low on stock at Firehouse Deli, Archie Moore's and the Sea Grape.

Ill be buying Country Cow hard, Rakim will be there every morning for the famous Bacon Egg and Cheese. Maybe look into a little A&S deli on Black Rock TPK for the monster meatball parms, or Wilsons BBQ on the post road
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BC2007 {l Wrote}:Does this mean Donahue can bring in an additional recruit this season?

It means that Lower won't meet it's quota of Ben and Jerry's pints sold.

It means that I am shorting the hell out of Eagle's Deli stock.

If he's going to Fairfield, now would be a good time to buy low on stock at Firehouse Deli, Archie Moore's and the Sea Grape.

Ill be buying Country Cow hard, Rakim will be there every morning for the famous Bacon Egg and Cheese. Maybe look into a little A&S deli on Black Rock TPK for the monster meatball parms, or Wilsons BBQ on the post road

1. Ever had the steak, bacon, egg and cheese? It's phenomenal.
2. The fact that Lucy's is gone is terrible news.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Connecticut sucks.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
screagle {l Wrote}:

"lockdown!"

After he pinned a ball against the backboard, "You see what he do?" against UNC when Rice got 46 or something Rakim had an alleyoop jam he ran up the stairs into the concourse holding his 10 sizes too big hat and reemerged a couple of minutes later and looked like he just had a heart attack.

I love that hat.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:25 pm

I liked Rakim's father (uncle?) so much more than I liked Rakim.

Some gems:

-Would always come in and sat wherever the hell he felt like. No teamops guy had the balls to tell him to sit in his actual seat.
-Had some great retro jersey's (probably authentically stolen, but who cares?)
-Had this amazing Rakim shirt- think 4XL with a huge picture of Rakim's face
-Would get on the refs from wherever he sat.
-Would always yell "Yo 'Kim" and tell him to do whatever.

I will miss that part about Rakim.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

From what I understand, Rakim had some serious run ins with Skinner this year. One occurred during the debacle that was the Maryland loss where Rakim was jawing at Skinner for a good portion of the game and then sulked when Skinner yanked him and played him less from then on. I have also heard that he sucked balls as a teammate and Reggie was just one of many who hated him. From a lockerroom perspective, this is addition by subtraction. Based on how little Rakim played, how many fewer games he started and his terrible attitude, I seriously doubted Sanders would be on the team if Skinner stayed.

At the end of the day, Capt.D is off to a rocky start. Making the tough call on Sanders... losing Gallagher... likely losing Noreen... possibly losing Heslip... Who the hell knows what else is coming down the pike?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:54 pm

In 2 years Rakim Cheesesteak Colonel Sanders and SW will be playing for the Bejing Tigers and piss someone off.

Drugs will be found. (please)

These two will be 40 pounds overweight each and be sent to Western China for 6 years of hard labor to make Gloria Vanderbilt knock -off underwear for eastern europeans.

There I said it...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Connecticut sucks.

I apologize b0mber, just an opportunity to post one of the greatest lines from one of the greatest movies of all time, no malice intended.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:06 pm

:chewbanka
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Is he allowed to take his eagle bucks with him or is he cashing them out @Lower Campus right now?
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Is he allowed to take his eagle bucks with him or is he cashing them out @Lower Campus right now?

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Is he allowed to take his eagle bucks with him or is he cashing them out @Lower Campus right now?

I guess that's why there were no steak & cheeses tonight
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I guess that's why there were no steak & cheeses tonight

That was brutal. That was heavenly.

This is what this site is about.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Reading this board today is really hilarious. Steve Donahue (whom I really have no opinion about at this time, being that he has not won one game at BC thus far) is obviously off to a rocky start. I have a feeling this is just a pre-cursor to some other guys leaving. I don't know what is going on at the workouts but from what I have heard they have not been so overwhelming that kids (even someone as lazy as Rakim) would leave. I have heard there has been some major coddling going on of some guys, and that is turning off other guys that are also busting their ass trying to get ready for next season. I won't go much deeper than that, but I have a strong feeling that even with Rakim gone, Reggie will get all the PG minutes, with Biko backing him up, and not move to the two (we'll see how that works out). I would not be surprised to see more fallout b/c of this commitment to Reggie @ the 1. Stevie D is riding a slippery slope, and if anyone thinks that a whole bunch of guys leaving the program will help recruiting in the future you are crazy. The majority of "top" ACC caliber high school players are not interested in going to play for a guy who runs players off, and realistically BC (on name alone) does not attract guys that can play for Duke, UNC, or even Wake Forest. Way to go Steve!!! In the ACC you can't be a Bob Knight hard ass like you are still in the ivy leagues. These kids can go to other schools and play and that is something he needs to understand moving forward. In my humble opinion, that Cornell shit won't fly in the ACC and he is going to need to tailor his approach a bit.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Well said, DCEagles30 ... well said!
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm

You've heard there's been major coddling? I heard that he wasn't coddling from another poster on this board.

I wanted BC basketball to be exciting... But on the court.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby WaterlooEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:27 pm

I don't believe that you can extend the significance of these two transfers to point to a great problem with the Don''s regime. With Heslip, we've known since he came in that his defense was a major weak point, and while that was fine in Skinner's system, where defense was not he priority, apparently that means he was not going to be fit well in a Donahue/Jones system. Now you can say that Donahue should make the system fit the players, but with Brady being a freshman, who hasn't yet played a game, it makes a ton of sense for him to get out now, find a place where he'll get more playing time, and not just be replaced in a year by an incoming student better suited to Donahue's vision. Regarding Sanders, his attitude on the court last year, his lack of passion and effort, his constant underachieving, were universally recognized on this board and others, and so it's not a surprise that when a coach demanded more, even just a little bit more, he wanted out. I think its a stupid move on his part, and the result of some bad advice, but I don't think it points to a greater problem, regardless of what everyone's 'sources' say.

If tomorrow we hear that Biko, Southern, and Trap are transferring, and that Noreen and Papa are out, then I'll eat my words. But I'll wait till that happens to proclaim that the ship is sinking, or that its even around any icebergs.
WaterlooEagle
n00b

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Actually a large part of a Stevie D's gameplan is putting points on the board. His teams are all about putting up 80 - 85 points per game. In my opinion losing your best perimeter shooter, is not a good sign (anyone close to the program will tell you the kid is a fundamentally sound PG and has a killer jumper). Defense is all about effort and most kids coming out of high school don't play D, so that really isn't a valid point. I would like to know where all this blind loyalty to Stevie D is coming from. Is it because he was successful at Cornell? Has anyone here sat in on any of the workouts and seen the kids puss out, b/c Stevie D makes them run? I'm all about giving the guy a fair shot, but this does not look good. There will be more defections coming up......my "sources" told me so.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:(anyone close to the program will tell you the kid is fundamentally sound and has a killer jumper).

Those people were the same people who said the exact same thing about Tyler Roche.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Comma, I wonder if Skinner was still coach (which I'm happy he is not) and this kid transferred, if you would be singing the same song. I doubt it.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Actually a large part of a Stevie D's gameplan is putting points on the board. His teams are all about putting up 80 - 85 points per game. In my opinion losing your best perimeter shooter, is not a good sign (anyone close to the program will tell you the kid is a fundamentally sound PG and has a killer jumper). Defense is all about effort and most kids coming out of high school don't play D, so that really isn't a valid point. I would like to know where all this blind loyalty to Stevie D is coming from. Is it because he was successful at Cornell? Has anyone here sat in on any of the workouts and seen the kids puss out, b/c Stevie D makes them run? I'm all about giving the guy a fair shot, but this does not look good. There will be more defections coming up......my "sources" told me so.

I agree with this completely. I like the Donahue-Jones show, but until they win one game, I'm not going to be a loyalist. He could be completely running the program into the ground right now, but the Donahue Torries of the board are blindly proclaiming that he is getting rid of the lazies. I don't know where all these sources are coming from. I heard the first day of practice was hell and he wasn't coddling anyone. Now I'm hearing that the practices aren't that difficult and that he's coddling guys all over the place. Does anyone actually have credible sources? Besides twitter which, for whatever fucking reason is being cited all over the place?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum