Sanders Transferring?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Sanders Transferring?

Postby Chilltown on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

Jeff Goodman has just reported that he will transfer.
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/04/15/sources:_boston_colleges_rakim_sanders_leaving

I know there is a lot of hate towards Sanders on here but I think this is extremely disappointing. He had the potential to really help us next year if he bought in.

At least the other national reporter who covers BC a lot told me Reggie is definitely staying.
Chilltown
n00b

Re: Sanders Transferring?

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:11 am

TWB is going to kill himself. First Tuggle, now sanders. Oh no!

We aren't going to have enough bodies to compete at all next year at this rate - especially if the Noreen rumors are true. Next year's team might include only two legit ACC players in Reggie and Trapani.
Last edited by Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 am

It's gotta be unusual for guys to transfer with only one year left, particularly considering he'll have to redshirt in between if he goes to a D1.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 am

Well...It was nice to know you...Now the Don can establish his system even quicker...I think this is a more a reflection on Sanders...A coach came in and made him work so he leaves, although I don't want to jump to any cinclusion maybe he was havinfg academic or personal issues...

At least that solves the problem of our Starting line up...everyone returns to their natural positions and Reggie can be a starter...It does mean a lot more Biko Paris, but maybe Heslip can take some of his minutes...The big winner is Ellmore...he showed flashes of being pretty good last year maybe he can take it to the next level with some consistent playing time...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:19 am

Sanders sucking is mostly the reason for Skinner's firing. Sanders was supposed to step up big this year. Instead, he came in fat and lazy.

As I posted at some point earlier this season, in evaluating the team and comparing them to the good teams of the past, I thought that pretty much everyone but Trapani and Sanders could've found a role on those TBell, Craig Smith, JDud teams. Not necessarily a starring role... but at least a Oates/Doornekamp-type of position. Trapani and Sanders had skills but zero Basketball IQ. BB IQ was vital to Skinner's flex.

Under Coach D, if these guys bought into working hard, their lack of understanding on the court would've been minimized. But... as we can see... working hard and Rakim Sanders are polar opposites of one another. Where the eff is he going to go??? Is he willing to redshirt next year? Does he drop down to some sort of DII school so he can play right away? He probably would be best served declaring for the draft and spending the year in Europe or in the D-League.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 am

Someone realized they weren't going to get sit on their ass and just show up for the games without giving any effort.

Good riddance. Peace Rakim. If you had given any effort and worked out regularly you had to potential and body to make the NBA, now you will end up at a Rhode Island Community College flipping burgers.

Honestly I'm not disappointed at all. It nos allows the Don to bring in guys who will actually work hard.
Last edited by totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 am

If he didn't want to be here, then no reason having him. Was really hoping he'd work himself into the player he could be.

Now we can play Reggie at the 2 more, though I don't know that we have a viable PG option unless Biko gets awesome quickly.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:22 am

:seanwilliams
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am

Rakim's fat ass can't standing running. Make sure you take your stockpile of Snoballs and Twinkies with you Tubbs.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 am

I'm really surprised at this. Who transfers as a senior and who what school wants a senior transfer? Especially one who just came off a dissapointing season where he appeared to be out of shape. I can't imagine he'll find a better situation anywhere they'll want him.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am

Sanders... who was supposed to be our leading scorer this year... only started like half of our games. I think he is looking to go the UT-Arlington route paved by Haynes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:38 am

Unless there is an Elliot Williams situation that we don't know about, Rakim Sanders is a moron. Oh well, we're not losing very much production.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BC2007 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:41 am

Does this mean Donahue can bring in an additional recruit this season?
BC2007
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 am

BC2007 {l Wrote}:Does this mean Donahue can bring in an additional recruit this season?

It means that Lower won't meet it's quota of Ben and Jerry's pints sold.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:43 am

BC2007 {l Wrote}:Does this mean Donahue can bring in an additional recruit this season?

It means that Donahue is facing a Year Two akin to Skinner's second season at BC (where we needed to start Dwayne Pina... a freaking walk-on... at point guard).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:43 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

It means that I am shorting the hell out of Eagle's Deli stock.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:48 am

Just thinking... would BC allow him to transfer to URI or PC without sitting out the year? I think not. I could see them doing it if (and only if) he decided to transfer to O'Shea's Bryant club.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:53 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Just thinking... would BC allow him to transfer to URI or PC without sitting out the year? I think not. I could see them doing it if (and only if) he decided to transfer to O'Shea's Bryant club.

Well you were rigth that he will be going to play for a ex Skinner assistant you just picked the wrong one...
Per Katz: Sanders met with new coach Steve Donahue and the two agreed that it would be best if Sanders continued his career elsewhere.

Sanders, who is from Pawtucket, R.I., told the staff that he might go to Providence or Rhode Island, but multiple sources confirmed that Sanders will likely end up at Fairfield, sitting out under former BC assistant and current Fairfield head coach Ed Cooley.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 am

Andy Katz says he's likely going to Fairfield...to play with Ed Cooley. Fuck that. I really have to wonder if Skinner had any part in this.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Just thinking... would BC allow him to transfer to URI or PC without sitting out the year? I think not. I could see them doing it if (and only if) he decided to transfer to O'Shea's Bryant club.

Its not up to BC.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:58 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:Andy Katz says he's likely going to Fairfield...to play with Ed Cooley. Fuck that. I really have to wonder if Skinner had any part in this.

I think this has very little to do with Skinner. My guess here is that this means that Preston Murphy is being hired as an assistant at Fairfield.

As an aside... I think that there is a very good chance that Cooley could be gone from Fairfield after next season... meaning... great move Rakim.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Its not up to BC.

It's entirely up to BC. They can stipulate in his release where he can't transfer. If BC says no to a particular school then he would have to sit out 2 years before he regains eligibility. By that time it would be to late.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:15 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Its not up to BC.

It's entirely up to BC. They can stipulate in his release where he can't transfer. If BC says no to a particular school then he would have to sit out 2 years before he regains eligibility. By that time it would be to late.

Yeah but BC can't dictate that he doesn't have to sit out a year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Its not up to BC.

Yeah but BC can't dictate that he doesn't have to sit out a year.

Not to defend OJ, but I had the same thought he did. The original quote was "without sitting out the year" which I read as having to sit out for 1 year, not an additional year. BC has nothing to do with him sitting out 1 year. They apparently can add a second year, which I wasn't aware of.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:22 pm

BC is not going to mess with him especially if he is going to play for Cooley. Hats off to Donahue though for cleaning house right away. He's got to hit the ground running next year and can't have any bad apples around.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:22 pm

how many years did Keith Willis, Jr. sit when he transferred from BC to NC State?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:TWB is going to kill himself. First Tuggle, now sanders. Oh no!

We aren't going to have enough bodies to compete at all next year at this rate - especially if the Noreen rumors are true. Next year's team might include only two legit ACC players in Reggie and Trapani.

As someone said, he probably got winded just thinking about the motion offense. This team was probably the most out of shape team in Division 1. Rakim probably got comfy to the idea of eating double cheesesteaks at Lower for dinner every night.

It was understood that he was a problem, good for Donahue to get these types out ASAP.

Anyone get word from Teddy Ballgame yet? :titanic
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

If he's going to Fairfield, now would be a good time to buy low on stock at Firehouse Deli, Archie Moore's and the Sea Grape.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Hopefully Ballgame isn't doing this right now...

:suicide
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:13 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

If he's going to Fairfield, now would be a good time to buy low on stock at Firehouse Deli, Archie Moore's and the Sea Grape.

I'll buy Archie's, but Grape is overrated. (not that Rakim is picky when it comes to stuffing hig gob)
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum