Sanders Transferring?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanders Transferring?

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:52 am

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Eventhough most people on this sight believe that these kids are bad, lazy, pot smoking kids that can't play, the fact of the matter is that most of these kids have been recruited by multiple D1 schools and can go play for someone else.

I'm sorry, what does laziness and falling way below expectations in college have to do with their HS recruitment? Are you seriously suggesting that because Southern had offers from Michigan St, Tennesse, Wake and Kentucky that those programs are chomping at the bit for him now?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:57 am

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:I agree, we should always give a new administration time to put their stamp on a program, but unfortunately in ACC ball the only way you can compete for real "Playas" in the recruitment game is to win. A few years in the bottom half of the ACC won't attract any better guys then what we are working with now. These kids these days want to go to winners. Wanting to play for "BC" isn't gonna do it, if BC's not winning. You want guys that are dedicated, but you are being unrealistic if you think all of the sudden this guy is going to be able to pull studs in a few years if this program isn't winning. Like I said before this is not the Ivys where guys don't have other options (in regards to D1 ball) and aren't really there just to play ball. That changes the recruiting dynamic. I have a feeling if BC doesn't win soon, we will have to keep molding "diamonds in the rough".

BC had been winning and was pulling in better "playas" who turned out to be duds. That's part of the reason Skinner is gone. He didn't turn success into more success. A few years in the bottom of the ACC is not the end of the world when it comes to a whole new system. Programs like GT and NCSU still bring in highly ranked talent despite falling in the bottom quarter of the conference much of the time. While winning helps, pulling in studs goes beyond just winning.

While you bring up some good points, I find it absolutely hilarious that you're making such wholesale judgments on guys like Heslip and Donahue without seeing them in action at Boston College.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:I agree, we should always give a new administration time to put their stamp on a program, but unfortunately in ACC ball the only way you can compete for real "Playas" in the recruitment game is to win. A few years in the bottom half of the ACC won't attract any better guys then what we are working with now. These kids these days want to go to winners. Wanting to play for "BC" isn't gonna do it, if BC's not winning. You want guys that are dedicated, but you are being unrealistic if you think all of the sudden this guy is going to be able to pull studs in a few years if this program isn't winning. Like I said before this is not the Ivys where guys don't have other options (in regards to D1 ball) and aren't really there just to play ball. That changes the recruiting dynamic. I have a feeling if BC doesn't win soon, we will have to keep molding "diamonds in the rough".

BC had been winning and was pulling in better "playas" who turned out to be duds. That's part of the reason Skinner is gone. He didn't turn success into more success. A few years in the bottom of the ACC is not the end of the world when it comes to a whole new system. Programs like GT and NCSU still bring in highly ranked talent despite falling in the bottom quarter of the conference much of the time. While winning helps, pulling in studs goes beyond just winning.

While you bring up some good points, I find it absolutely hilarious that you're making such wholesale judgments on guys like Heslip and Donahue without seeing them in action at Boston College.

As I said earlier this year... I find recruiting talk in BB to be funny. At some point, the hard data gets to a critical mass and you have to stop paying attention to the AAU nonsense. Pretty much, without exception, every player that was a star for Skinner was a no-name guy. Pretty much, without exception, every "star" recruit that Skinner landed turned into a bust. I'd also note that some no-name kids who Skinner identified but missed out on, turned into superstars (Brandon Roy and Andre Iguodala as examples). Whether it was Skinner or O'Shea or Coen or Cooley... they did a wonderful job identifying kids (although all of us fans spent time howling over their lack of stars). It is ironic that the one recruiting class we were all over-the-moon about Skinner finally breaking through and landing a class worthy of the ACC, is the one that got him fired.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:44 am

does anyone realize the amount of talent that Cooley has brought to Fairfield? Wow. They will be legit over the next couple of years. He's doing a great job there.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:does anyone realize the amount of talent that Cooley has brought to Fairfield? Wow. They will be legit over the next couple of years. He's doing a great job there.

He was my favorite of the former Al assistants because I thought it was funny how OJ said he would be happy if we hired O'Shea, Coen or Duquette (specifically ommiting Cooley).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:19 pm

So now we get this interesting tid bit from Tyrese Rice:
"The media so phony.. I wish they would say why my young boy Rakim Sanders is really transferring.."

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:So now we get this interesting tid bit from Tyrese Rice:
"The media so phony.. I wish they would say why my young boy Rakim Sanders is really transferring.."

I know…..because he wanted to be a ball hog just like you, and Coach D. said NO….right Tyrese?
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:So now we get this interesting tid bit from Tyrese Rice:

Me too! I wish teh media would tell everyone that it's because of:
and
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I was at Al Skinner's last ABA game --THE VERY LAST ABA GAME EVER-- and spoke with Iceman George Gervin.

I went 2 hours early and my then BC GF went back home 5 minutes away pissed like hell---since i said it would be jammed---and we were the only 3 there ----and there I was talking to Ice man about his son Ice Cube and the Nets.

IceMan must had taken 200 jumpers.

Last night Ray Allen was shooting before the game knowing the team needed him to excel and hit 3's and get the Series tied since 0-2 is one deep hole.

These are guys you want on your team and now that I know he hates Kobe, I want to see him hit the game winning jumper in Game 7!

GAME ON!!!! LA SASS MOUTHS!!!!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum