Sanders Transferring?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanders Transferring?

Postby WaterlooEagle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:There will be more defections coming up......my "sources" told me so.

I'll hold you that. :-P

Honestly, I hope to God your sources are wrong, but if they're not, I'll freely admit that I've misjudged this whole thing. We'll see soon enough.
WaterlooEagle
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Comma, I wonder if Skinner was still coach (which I'm happy he is not) and this kid transferred, if you would be singing the same song. I doubt it.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player. I'm saying we don't know. And nothing you can say can make me think he will be great (or horrible for that matter). Yeah, if he transferred under Skinner's watch I wouldn't be thrilled, but just out of the principle of a guy transferring less than a year after he committed to a place. It is clear the circumstances greatly changed his decisions. I'm just not going to get on Donahue for not keeping a player I've never seen play live and who had committed to Asleep.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm

I would prefer to have a team that struggles next year but wants to be there, than a mediocre one (.500 give or take a couple games) that doesn't want to hustle or play. I want players who want to be :screamyeagle 's.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Actually a large part of a Stevie D's gameplan is putting points on the board. His teams are all about putting up 80 - 85 points per game. In my opinion losing your best perimeter shooter, is not a good sign (anyone close to the program will tell you the kid is a fundamentally sound PG and has a killer jumper). Defense is all about effort and most kids coming out of high school don't play D, so that really isn't a valid point. I would like to know where all this blind loyalty to Stevie D is coming from. Is it because he was successful at Cornell? Has anyone here sat in on any of the workouts and seen the kids puss out, b/c Stevie D makes them run? I'm all about giving the guy a fair shot, but this does not look good. There will be more defections coming up......my "sources" told me so.

I agree with this completely. I like the Donahue-Jones show, but until they win one game, I'm not going to be a loyalist. He could be completely running the program into the ground right now, but the Donahue Torries of the board are blindly proclaiming that he is getting rid of the lazies. I don't know where all these sources are coming from. I heard the first day of practice was hell and he wasn't coddling anyone. Now I'm hearing that the practices aren't that difficult and that he's coddling guys all over the place. Does anyone actually have credible sources? Besides twitter which, for whatever fucking reason is being cited all over the place?

Take it for what its worth, but from what I've heard there is already some favoritism being shown to some guys and that is turning other guys off. I won't go much deeper than that but I thought Stevie D would come in and start with a clean slate and make everybody bust there ass, and whoever showed they were ready to give 100% and play next year would be rewarded, however that does not seem to be the case. We'll see how it turns out.....
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Actually a large part of a Stevie D's gameplan is putting points on the board. His teams are all about putting up 80 - 85 points per game. In my opinion losing your best perimeter shooter, is not a good sign (anyone close to the program will tell you the kid is a fundamentally sound PG and has a killer jumper). Defense is all about effort and most kids coming out of high school don't play D, so that really isn't a valid point. I would like to know where all this blind loyalty to Stevie D is coming from. Is it because he was successful at Cornell? Has anyone here sat in on any of the workouts and seen the kids puss out, b/c Stevie D makes them run? I'm all about giving the guy a fair shot, but this does not look good. There will be more defections coming up......my "sources" told me so.

I agree with this completely. I like the Donahue-Jones show, but until they win one game, I'm not going to be a loyalist. He could be completely running the program into the ground right now, but the Donahue Torries of the board are blindly proclaiming that he is getting rid of the lazies. I don't know where all these sources are coming from. I heard the first day of practice was hell and he wasn't coddling anyone. Now I'm hearing that the practices aren't that difficult and that he's coddling guys all over the place. Does anyone actually have credible sources? Besides twitter which, for whatever fucking reason is being cited all over the place?

Take it for what its worth, but from what I've heard.[/quote]

I'll take it for what its worth -- NOTHING.
Last edited by Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm

sounds like OJ is guaranteeing there will be no more transfers/lost recruits.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Take it for what its worth, but from what I've heard..... /quote]

I'll take it for what its worth -- NOTHING.

Take this for what its worth....Stevie D will lose two more players over the next couple of weeks.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:14 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Take this for what its worth....Stevie D will lose two more players over the next couple of weeks.

Do you know who? Or did you just hear two more would be leaving?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Speculating but if he actually knows of two, i've heard things that would suggest its two of the four of - noreen, papa, raji, southern.
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Take this for what its worth....Stevie D will lose two more players over the next couple of weeks.

Just heard some of the guys were not that thrilled with the perceived favoritism being shown by a brand new coach. Eventhough most people on this sight believe that these kids are bad, lazy, pot smoking kids that can't play, the fact of the matter is that most of these kids have been recruited by multiple D1 schools and can go play for someone else. If you get a new coach that plays favorites from the jump, any decent athlete will start to explore options. I know for a fact there is a lot of exploration going on. I won't throw names around b/c its not fair to the kids, so we'll just see who stays and who goes.
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby joemack13 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Question: Does the Don have a crush on Mr. October?
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Are you hearing anything on the recruits (Papa and Noreen) or are the potential other defections current players?
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 pm

The only kid who we can really count on staying is Trapani. He can't transfer anywhere (not enough eligibility.) I think if Reggie stays, which from what people have been saying is likely, then Elmore stays. I forget exactly what but one of them was the reason that the other came to BC. I will give Donahue a few years to work it out. He needs a full recruiting cycle under his belt and then some to be judged. While this might not be good news, I want players who want to play for Donahue and at BC. And I think that Donahue was a good hire, because he is a good game coach, and he has a good recruiter in Jones on staff. For now I will let them do their job and hold out judgement until they have enough time to get their own players in and settled. :screamyeagle
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Just heard some of the guys were not that thrilled with the perceived favoritism being shown by a brand new coach. Eventhough most people on this sight believe that these kids are bad, lazy, pot smoking kids that can't play, the fact of the matter is that most of these kids have been recruited by multiple D1 schools and can go play for someone else. If you get a new coach that plays favorites from the jump, any decent athlete will start to explore options. I know for a fact there is a lot of exploration going on. I won't throw names around b/c its not fair to the kids, so we'll just see who stays and who goes.

you know shit. "I have soursces but I can't reveal any more" such typical bullshit
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby carolina2010 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:The only kid who we can really count on staying is Trapani. He can't transfer anywhere (not enough eligibility.) I think if Reggie stays, which from what people have been saying is likely, then Elmore stays. I forget exactly what but one of them was the reason that the other came to BC. I will give Donahue a few years to work it out. He needs a full recruiting cycle under his belt and then some to be judged. While this might not be good news, I want players who want to play for Donahue and at BC. And I think that Donahue was a good hire, because he is a good game coach, and he has a good recruiter in Jones on staff. For now I will let them do their job and hold out judgement until they have enough time to get their own players in and settled. :screamyeagle

At this rate, he'll have 'his kids' in position for 2011-12... So you won't be waiting long. Good luck, Eagles.
carolina2010
Carney Hall

Postby DCEagles30 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:44 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:The only kid who we can really count on staying is Trapani. He can't transfer anywhere (not enough eligibility.) I think if Reggie stays, which from what people have been saying is likely, then Elmore stays. I forget exactly what but one of them was the reason that the other came to BC. I will give Donahue a few years to work it out. He needs a full recruiting cycle under his belt and then some to be judged. While this might not be good news, I want players who want to play for Donahue and at BC. And I think that Donahue was a good hire, because he is a good game coach, and he has a good recruiter in Jones on staff. For now I will let them do their job and hold out judgement until they have enough time to get their own players in and settled. :screamyeagle

I agree, we should always give a new administration time to put their stamp on a program, but unfortunately in ACC ball the only way you can compete for real "Playas" in the recruitment game is to win. A few years in the bottom half of the ACC won't attract any better guys then what we are working with now. These kids these days want to go to winners. Wanting to play for "BC" isn't gonna do it, if BC's not winning. You want guys that are dedicated, but you are being unrealistic if you think all of the sudden this guy is going to be able to pull studs in a few years if this program isn't winning. Like I said before this is not the Ivys where guys don't have other options (in regards to D1 ball) and aren't really there just to play ball. That changes the recruiting dynamic. I have a feeling if BC doesn't win soon, we will have to keep molding "diamonds in the rough".
DCEagles30
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:

I agree, we should always give a new administration time to put their stamp on a program, but unfortunately in ACC ball the only way you can compete for real "Playas" in the recruitment game is to win. A few years in the bottom half of the ACC won't attract any better guys then what we are working with now. These kids these days want to go to winners. Wanting to play for "BC" isn't gonna do it, if BC's not winning. You want guys that are dedicated, but you are being unrealistic if you think all of the sudden this guy is going to be able to pull studs in a few years if this program isn't winning. Like I said before this is not the Ivys where guys don't have other options (in regards to D1 ball) and aren't really there just to play ball. That changes the recruiting dynamic. I have a feeling if BC doesn't win soon, we will have to keep molding "diamonds in the rough".

Thanks, Rakim.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

you know shit. "I have soursces but I can't reveal any more" such typical bullshit

save this post. OJ is GUARANTEEING that nobody else will transfer and Ndao and Noreen will both honor their LOIs.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:54 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:

True, but I don't think that we were going to see a hugely successful team next year no matter who stayed on. In my opinion next year was going to be an 18-12, fringe NIT type year at best. The team right now looks like a 14-16, 15-15 type team, basically another year like this. Thus, I think that no matter what next recruiting cycle was going to be tough, and yes, we likely have to go after diamonds in the rough, and the occasional top talent that might want to come to BC in the next few years. But I think that Donahue is good enough in game to be able to produce a winning team with those caliber recruits, but with ones that he recruited (the right skill set, etc.) While this team might contain the level recruits that Donahue will end up getting he won't succeed with them as much, largely because they were recruited to fit into an entirely different team stylistically.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Reading this board today is really hilarious. Steve Donahue (whom I really have no opinion about at this time, being that he has not won one game at BC thus far) is obviously off to a rocky start.

BULLSHIT.HE IS JUST CLEANING OUT DA BARN!

I have a feeling this is just a pre-cursor to some other guys leaving.

GREAT!!! LEAVE!!!

I don't know what is going on at the workouts but from what I have heard they have not been so overwhelming that kids (even someone as lazy as Rakim) would leave. I have heard there has been some major coddling going on of some guys, and that is turning off other guys that are also busting their ass trying to get ready for next season. I won't go much deeper than that, but I have a strong feeling that even with Rakim gone, Reggie will get all the PG minutes, with Biko backing him up, and not move to the two (we'll see how that works out). I would not be surprised to see more fallout b/c of this commitment to Reggie @ the 1. Stevie D is riding a slippery slope, and if anyone thinks that a whole bunch of guys leaving the program will help recruiting in the future you are crazy.

Yeah that 0-0 record and him following LAzy Elvis ..whew dat slope be awful slippery... I mean lazy Elvis recruited by cell phone from the barcolounger...at least we got a guy who will earn his money and when i read what the Coaches said about him...you can go back to the ghetto in the beltway and eat shit!

The majority of "top" ACC caliber high school players are not interested in going to play for a guy who runs players off, and realistically BC (on name alone) does not attract guys that can play for Duke, UNC, or even Wake Forest. Way to go Steve!!! In the ACC you can't be a Bob Knight hard ass like you are still in the ivy leagues.

Why not? I hope Stevie D institutes weekly drug testing and alochol testing. White black green or Navi. Your thinking and approach are why Rakim transferred --LAZY!!!

These kids can go to other schools and play and that is something he needs to understand moving forward. In my humble opinion, that Cornell shit won't fly in the ACC and he is going to need to tailor his approach a bit.

Go buy a Georgetown uni and kiss Thompsons ass and :74

Stevie D's approach is like 1000000000 billion gallons of disinfectant and getting rid of the stank of lazy Elvis!

FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeah, i say we fire him. Lets have a bowl of Rakim's Special mix and just be chilli....

If Bc has 5 guys and Stevie D. I am happy...stay in the ghetto and your sources cna go smoke the bong with Rakim and the others who need to go with Lazy Elvis.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:Comma, I wonder if Skinner was still coach (which I'm happy he is not) and this kid transferred, if you would be singing the same song. I doubt it.

The year off he can go on the biggest loser or Vic Tannies and bong durg rehab... and then go to that bustling hotbed old home of mine and score 35 a night like the UTA kid in Arlington...

Guess what...it ain't BC and it a'int the ACC so :74

Rakim was a lazy fucking loser bonghead.

Get it....MY SOURCES....> YOUR BULLSHIT!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

The year off he can go on the biggest loser or Vic Tannies and bong durg rehab... and then go to that bustling hotbed old home of mine and score 35 a night like the UTA kid in Arlington...

74 - why the visceral response???? Can't a guy have a different view? So far, with Sanders going and losing at least 1 recruit if not all 3, it's a tough start, there's no arguing that. I expect Donahue has a trick or two up his sleeve and was prepared for this but don't crucify DCEagles30 for making a half-decent point.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm

DCEagles30 {l Wrote}:
Take it for what its worth, but from what I've heard there is already some favoritism being shown to some guys and that is turning other guys off. I won't go much deeper than that but I thought Stevie D would come in and start with a clean slate and make everybody bust there ass, and whoever showed they were ready to give 100% and play next year would be rewarded, however that does not seem to be the case. We'll see how it turns out.....

Yup, you are right 30.

Guy has stellar references and a great record and all his kids loved him and in 3 days he shows favoritism and is a lying scumbag...

So...the water in DC...tainted are are you just a fucking moron..

I hope he shows faoritism...to the hustlers, hard workers, and kids with talent who want to learn and play..

It will turn out fine and go buy seats at Georegtown.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

74 - why the visceral response???? Can't a guy have a different view? So far, with Sanders going and losing at least 1 recruit if not all 3, it's a tough start, there's no arguing that. I expect Donahue has a trick or two up his sleeve and was prepared for this but don't crucify DCEagles30 for making a half-decent point.

DC Eagles 30 has like 20 posts and half of them are today...methinks there is a bit of an agenda behind his sudden posting habits.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

DC Eagles 30 has like 20 posts and half of them are today...methinks there is a bit of an agenda behind his sudden posting habits.

Haha, you have 1500+ posts and you have an agenda as well. Dipshit
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:32 pm

[quote="DCEagles30

I agree, we should always give a new administration time to put their stamp on a program, but unfortunately in ACC ball the only way you can compete for real "Playas" in the recruitment game is to win.

FALSE. If you mean playas like rakim and a few other bong smoking lazy bitches, who reflected the persona of Lazy Elvis...we have Stevie D. and you can keep your playas!

Talent reigns supreme, and i was the first to say give all a chance but drugs and donuts...NO!

A few years in the bottom half of the ACC won't attract any better guys then what we are working with now. These kids these days want to go to winners. Wanting to play for "BC" isn't gonna do it, if BC's not winning. You want guys that are dedicated, but you are being unrealistic if you think all of the sudden this guy is going to be able to pull studs in a few years if this program isn't winning. Like I said before this is not the Ivys where guys don't have other options (in regards to D1 ball) and aren't really there just to play ball. That changes the recruiting dynamic. I have a feeling if BC doesn't win soon, we will have to keep molding "diamonds in the rough".

Yeah these guys hustled...Maine, Harvard.....MY BETTER SOURCES TOLD ME and that is when I got really nasty....there were at least 3 out of shape druggies..

BETTER A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH...THEN A PUKING BONG HEAD FATTIE WHO AIN'T TOUGH....

Bc was better the day Lazy Elvis was kicked to the curb, Rakim and his Dunkin Donut Free Dozen Punch Card was all gone...

ENJOY!

[/quote]

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

I have reespected you for 7 years and I always will.

I am a changed man.

No more 74.

I am now on a zero tolerance 74 for a guy who comes here with an hidden agenda whereas in the past I would let him hange himself. I have changed. I have no more patience.

I carefully read his posts and unloaded. His POV was racist with his playas and Stevie D slants were unfounded after 3 days and he is full of shit and has a secret agenda and Stevie D, and Rakim leaving wasn't on his personal agenda radar.

So by talent he mean't black playas, and he is right, and since Stevie D. is white and the transfers and the cleaning out the bong heads is a message to the deep rich black talent that BC does not treat playas right is FUCKING BULLSHIT!

BC is no Duke and we have not earned that level of respect, but to dump on our new Coach, in 3 days is A BULLSHIT AGENDA!!!

I shall always respect your POV, Geronimo.

30 came to flame. I came to burn.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 pm

carolina2010 {l Wrote}:
At this rate, he'll have 'his kids' in position for 2011-12... So you won't be waiting long. Good luck, Eagles.

YOU THE WOMAN.

I mean the cupbaord was really bare..

Welcome. Thank God, we have someone with brains here!

We have lots and lots of great posters here, except for me, you will love it here.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:36 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Andy Katz says he's likely going to Fairfield...to play with Ed Cooley. Fuck that. I really have to wonder if Skinner had any part in this.

Good ridance. I'd rather play walk-ons than play Southern or Sanders another game in a BC uniform. Hopefully Southern transfers.

I can tell you one fact, we're not going to be very good at basketball for a few years barring some miracle recruiting class.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum