The Heights: Noreen and Papa "in limbo"

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Heights: Noreen and Papa "in limbo"

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I'd much rather get freshmen that can contribute right away than America East and JUCO transfers. Remember, now there is a coach in place who might not care about seniority for PT and doesn't have to teach the intricacies of the boreflex. Let 'em ball coach!

Losing Noreen would suck, btw.

Trapani was an America East transfer and that worked out ok.

Sure, but in the ACC he should be our 4th best player AT BEST.

This coming from the guy who went ON AND ON AND ON about how we had top-tier ACC talent last season.

Yes, OJ, that's exactly what I said. .

Actually, it is.

OK, then show me where I said it you coward.

You did say it. It was in the same thread where he called Al the "N" word and claimed that Spaz's 2010 recruiting class... and I quote... "The best recruiting class in the history of Boston College." However, it was months after saying that Shinskie was better than Matt Ryan's junior year.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I'd much rather get freshmen that can contribute right away than America East and JUCO transfers. Remember, now there is a coach in place who might not care about seniority for PT and doesn't have to teach the intricacies of the boreflex. Let 'em ball coach!

This coming from the guy who went ON AND ON AND ON about how we had top-tier ACC talent last season.

Actually, it is.

ironic that you are calling ME the coward. This is some of the most comical backpedaling I have ever seen. Congrats.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

You did say it. It was in the same thread where he called Al the "N" word and claimed that Spaz's 2010 recruiting class... and I quote... "The best recruiting class in the history of Boston College." However, it was months after saying that Shinskie was better than Matt Ryan's junior year.

I remember that thread. It's the same one where twb said Roy Williams deserves to be fired and 81 extended an ACC invite to the Buffalo Bills. Thanks for jogging my memory.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

ironic that you are calling ME the coward. This is some of the most comical backpedaling I have ever seen. Congrats.

Question - how can you backpedal from something that was made up? Never change OJ.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:40 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

I remember that thread. It's the same one where twb said Roy Williams deserves to be fired and 81 extended an ACC invite to the Buffalo Bills. Thanks for jogging my memory.

OOPS!:

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1007&fid=603&style=2&tid=140374142&Page=1
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:41 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1007&fid=603&style=2&tid=140374142&Page=1

I'm aware of the thread and you rehashed the same conversation over here. And your assessment is the same as it was over there because YOU CAN'T FUCKING READ.

EDIT
Here's the most important post in that thread, the very first one where I mention talent. Yet, OJ's entire argument ignores it:

Trapani and Sanders have been extremely inconsistent when the team has needed them to be. Let's not forget Biko not playing the role most of us thought he could.

One quick distinction (so as not to confuse the imbeciles): Talent IS a problem if you're talking about why this team isn't a Final Four-caliber squad. Talent is NOT the problem if you're talking about being a top 5 ACC team, beating teams like Maine, St. Joe's and Harvard, and finishing games like VT (road) and FSU (home).

And for further clarification I'll say that I'm not settling for the latter mentioned "feats"...I'm saying those were realistic expectations based on the players BC came into the season with.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

OOPS!:

Wait... did OJ just admit to being Domino12??? OOPS!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:03 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

I'm aware of the thread and you rehashed the same conversation over here. And your assessment is the same as it was over there because YOU CAN'T FUCKING READ.

EDIT
Here's the most important post in that thread, the very first one where I mention talent. Yet, OJ's entire argument ignores it:

Trapani and Sanders have been extremely inconsistent when the team has needed them to be. Let's not forget Biko not playing the role most of us thought he could.

One quick distinction (so as not to confuse the imbeciles): Talent IS a problem if you're talking about why this team isn't a Final Four-caliber squad. Talent is NOT the problem if you're talking about being a top 5 ACC team, beating teams like Maine, St. Joe's and Harvard, and finishing games like VT (road) and FSU (home).

And for further clarification I'll say that I'm not settling for the latter mentioned "feats"...I'm saying those were realistic expectations based on the players BC came into the season with.

Nothing OJ? That's what I thought.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:13 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

EDIT

Case closed. Thanks for playing.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

EDIT

"Talent IS a problem if you're talking about why this team isn't a Final Four-caliber squad. Talent is NOT the problem if you're talking about being a top 5 ACC team, beating teams like Maine, St. Joe's and Harvard, and finishing games like VT (road) and FSU (home)."

compare to:

"This coming from the guy who went ON AND ON AND ON about how we had top-tier ACC talent last season."

Hop in your LeBaron and drive to the nearest Hardees. Then insert your head in the fryer.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:19 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

EDIT

"Talent is NOT the problem if you're talking about being a top 5 ACC team, beating teams like Maine, St. Joe's and Harvard, and finishing games like VT (road) and FSU (home)."

compare to:

"This coming from the guy who went ON AND ON AND ON about how we had top-tier ACC talent last season."

Hop in your LeBaron and drive to the nearest Hardees. Then insert your head in the fryer.

Deny, deny, deny (until you are busted)......then spin, spin, spin.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually, it is.

EDIT

"Talent is NOT the problem if you're talking about being a top 5 ACC team, beating teams like Maine, St. Joe's and Harvard, and finishing games like VT (road) and FSU (home)."

compare to:

Deny, deny, deny (until you are busted)......then spin, spin, spin.

I include a note for imbelices specifically, yet the imbeciles still can't comprehend.

So there's no difference between top-tier ACC talent, for example National Champion Duke, and being top 5 in the ACC in 2009-2010, for example VT, Wake, and Clemson (who won one tourney game between them)? Classic OJ reading problems. The only thing I can recommend at this point is a labotomy.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:24 pm

"top tier" = 58.333 percentile

you learn something new everyday
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm

OJ - sorry buddy but you are dead wrong. Pedro did not say that and you have some serious reading comprehension issues. What a sham.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm going to spell this out for you OJ.

Pedro: "Talent IS a problem if you're talking about why this team isn't a Final Four-caliber squad. Talent is NOT the problem if you're talking about being a top 5 ACC team, beating teams like Maine, St. Joe's and Harvard, and finishing games like VT (road) and FSU (home)."

OJ: "This coming from the guy who went ON AND ON AND ON about how we had top-tier ACC talent last season."

Because top-tier talent in the ACC = Final Four-caliber, you're claiming I said exactly what I pointed out I wasn't saying.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 pm

While I am enjoying this little slap fight, the original statement that sent OJ down the path of hyperbole was that in the ACC Trapani should be our 4th best player at best.

Clearly OJ overstated what P6P previously said about the talent level, but is anyone surprised that OJ would overstate something? So let's put that aside for a moment and look at what pedro actually did say.

Clearly I don't agree that P6P "went ON AND ON AND ON about how we had top-tier ACC talent last season" as OJ claims. He did say clearly he thought the talent was there to be a top 5 team. So the question is is that statement consistent with saying Trapani should be the 4th best player. I would say that it is not unless he meant to say he should be our 4th best player if we are going to win a national championship.

Therefore In my humble opinion you are both wrong......and both right.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Art - while I get your point, my point is that Trapani, on a team like the 2005-2006 team (which I believe BC should always have) is the 7th best player. So when taken with the fact of the unimpressiveness in the ranks of the ACC this season, then is not necessarily a contradiction to say that BC had the talent to be top 5 in the conference this season.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 pm

This thread sucks.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:This thread sucks.

Seconded.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Art - while I get your point, my point is that Trapani, on a team like the 2005-2006 team (which I believe BC should always have) is the 7th best player. So when taken with the fact of the unimpressiveness in the ranks of the ACC this season, then is not necessarily a contradiction to say that BC had the talent to be top 5 in the conference this season.

I agree with you that Trapani "should" be the 4th best player we have, but this year he was in the top 2. Even in a down year when one of your best players is a Trapani you don't have the talent to be top 5. Oh yeah, and we finished right in line with that talent.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:08 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:This thread sucks.

Probably should make that as the permanent signature for OJ as EVERY thread sucks that he posts in.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Art - while I get your point, my point is that Trapani, on a team like the 2005-2006 team (which I believe BC should always have) is the 7th best player. So when taken with the fact of the unimpressiveness in the ranks of the ACC this season, then is not necessarily a contradiction to say that BC had the talent to be top 5 in the conference this season.

I agree with you that Trapani "should" be the 4th best player we have, but this year he was in the top 2. Even in a down year when one of your best players is a Trapani you don't have the talent to be top 5. Oh yeah, and we finished right in line with that talent.

The problem is you assume that being the #2 means you are far and away better than the #6 or 7. While that is usually the case, on this team he may have been the #2, but the distance between him and the 6 or 7 was negligible.

If you think the team fell right at their talent level in this year's ACC, then wouldn't that mean you don't think they were lazy? My contention is that if they played with even a hint of heart, they would have been 9-7 and won about 21 or 22 games. They had the talent to do that, IMO. The talent isn't what held them back.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:33 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

The problem is you assume that being the #2 means you are far and away better than the #6 or 7. While that is usually the case, on this team he may have been the #2, but the distance between him and the 6 or 7 was negligible.

If you think the team fell right at their talent level in this year's ACC, then wouldn't that mean you don't think they were lazy? My contention is that if they played with even a hint of heart, they would have been 9-7 and won about 21 or 22 games. They had the talent to do that, IMO. The talent isn't what held them back.

That's because you overrate the talent on this team.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

I think our difference of opinion here is that when I look at "talent" I count heart, desire, work ethic, basketball iq etc in the equation. It's not just athletic ability. I've had this argument about Sanders a number of times because I think people mistake his athleticism with talent. Being a great athlete does not make someone a talented player. It means they have potential. This team had players with potential who did not live up to their potential, but that does not mean they were overly talented.

As to your second point, I do think they fell right where they belonged talent wise and it is possible to have that happen and be lazy. You say they could have been 9-7, but it would have taken less for them to finish 11th. We finished 8th at 6-10 in conference and three teams right below us were 5-11. Thats only a one game swing. We also finshed tied for the worst overall record in the conference with us and UVA the only ACC teams under .500 for the season.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

That's because you overrate the talent on this team.

Perhaps I do. OJ clearly believes this team was full of hustle guys and leadership, but no talent.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:I think our difference of opinion here is that when I look at "talent" I count heart, desire, work ethic, basketball iq etc in the equation. It's not just athletic ability. I've had this argument about Sanders a number of times because I think people mistake his athleticism with talent. Being a great athlete does not make someone a talented player. It means they have potential. This team had players with potential who did not live up to their potential, but that does not mean they were overly talented.

I do not put heart, desire, or work ethic in the talent bin. Don't know many who do. But your point is correct in that this explains the biggest reason for our dispersion. Again, I definitely never said the team was "overly talented" or even hinted at such.

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:As to your second point, I do think they fell right where they belonged talent wise and it is possible to have that happen and be lazy. You say they could have been 9-7, but it would have taken less for them to finish 11th. We finished 8th at 6-10 in conference and three teams right below us were 5-11. Thats only a one game swing. We also finshed tied for the worst overall record in the conference with us and UVA the only ACC teams under .500 for the season.

Absolutely. It could have gone either way. OJ can't fathom this, unfortunately.

Hardees. Head. Fryer.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:I've heard rumors that all three of them might be gone. Came from a pretty reliable source so I think its guaranteed that we at least lose one or two

1 for 3 so far.

I'll take 1/3 of my crow with mustard please.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Or talented players 1-3 aren't playing to their talent level. See, gray is a color!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

Or talented players 1-3 aren't playing to their talent level. See, gray is a color!

It's all gray sometimes. For the sake of argument how would you have stack ranked the top 5 in "talent" on this team.

Jackson as numbr 1 is obvious and I assume you'll say sanders is number 2 and didn't live up to his talent. I've made clear my opinion that Sanders had more athleticism and potential than talent, but we don't need to rehash that now. Not trying to pick a fight, but just curious about your opinion.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:

It's all gray sometimes. For the sake of argument how would you have stack ranked the top 5 in "talent" on this team.

Jackson as numbr 1 is obvious and I assume you'll say sanders is number 2 and didn't live up to his talent. I've made clear my opinion that Sanders had more athleticism and potential than talent, but we don't need to rehash that now. Not trying to pick a fight, but just curious about your opinion.

Athleticism is part of talent. Jackson, Sanders, Raji, Trapani, Ravenel.

I'd say 2-3 haven't played anywhere near up to their talent.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum