The Heights: Noreen and Papa "in limbo"

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

The Heights: Noreen and Papa "in limbo"

Postby WaterlooEagle on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 pm

http://www.bcheights.com/sports/sidelinesuperfan-basketball-recruits-in-limbo-1.1339614

NESN has an article just rehashing the same idea, but their source was The Heights, who's source is anonymous.

Not sure if we can afford to lose either one...regardless of how soon either would contribute, 2011 will really be rough if we only have Reggie, Elmore, Heslip, Ravanel as our returning cast...
WaterlooEagle
n00b

Re: The Heights: Noreen and Papa "in limbo"

Postby Eagledom on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:01 pm

WaterlooEagle {l Wrote}:http://www.bcheights.com/sports/sidelinesuperfan-basketball-recruits-in-limbo-1.1339614

NESN has an article just rehashing the same idea, but their source was The Heights, who's source is anonymous.

Not sure if we can afford to lose either one...regardless of how soon either would contribute, 2011 will really be rough if we only have Reggie, Elmore, Heslip, Ravanel as our returning cast...

I can't imagine why in the world THIS coaching change would make a recruit reconsider his choice.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby totheights on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Obviously a coaching change is going to make a recruit reevaluate his commitment. We not only changed coaches, we don't have a single returning staff member. Its human nature. They probably know nothing about any of these guys. If I were a recruit, I would certainly want to talk to the new coaches and figure out what is going on and how things are going to be run.

I believe the Don will keep both of them here after he gets a chance to talk with them.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 pm

It said Noreen was reconsidering and Ndao might have issues qualifying, so this is something to watch as it plays out.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Noreen is the only one that matters. I've stated this before but it's worth mentioning again. Ndao is so raw that it defies belief. He had little to no chance to play for at least 2 seasons and probably wouldn't ultimately be worth the scholarship. We can do better...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:02 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Noreen is the only one that matters. I've stated this before but it's worth mentioning again. Ndao is so raw that it defies belief. He had little to no chance to play for at least 2 seasons and probably wouldn't ultimately be worth the scholarship. We can do better...

I agree, but...he has such an awesome name!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:25 pm

WaterlooEagle {l Wrote}:http://www.bcheights.com/sports/sidelinesuperfan-basketball-recruits-in-limbo-1.1339614

If I recall correctly, if they do not report BC has no obligation to release them from their scholarships, and thus they must sit out a year. Given the immediate chance for PT, and the complete lack of players for 2011-2012, it doesn't seem to make such sense.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:27 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:I believe the Don will keep both of them here after he gets a chance to talk with them.

If he wants to keep them.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby apbc12 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:34 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

If I recall correctly, if they do not report BC has no obligation to release them from their scholarships, and thus they must sit out a year. Given the immediate chance for PT, and the complete lack of players for 2011-2012, it doesn't seem to make such sense.

That would be pretty bad press for an athletic department that doesn't need it. Otherwise I agree with you that it doesn't make sense for the players, both of whom seem to be the type that would succeed in Donahue's system.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Not that the Heights is a beacon of information but it does show recruiting had deteriorated over the last 3 or 4 years.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm beginning to think Brady Heslip's "in limbo," as well:

http://twitter.com/tomhheslip ---> "MAMA DON'T RAISE YOUR KIDS TO BE BOSTON COLLEGE RECRUITS"
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 pm

I hope that isn't really his father.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm

talon {l Wrote}:I'm beginning to think Brady Heslip's "in limbo," as well:

http://twitter.com/tomhheslip ---> "MAMA DON'T RAISE YOUR KIDS TO BE BOSTON COLLEGE RECRUITS"

really?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Heslip is going to thrive playing for Donahue, and he sounds like he knows it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm

# @newhamptonhoops .. You seen hot tub time machine? I just need to use the tub to take me back 4 months..
6:36 PM Apr 8th via TwitBird iPhone

I dont know what to take from this statement
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby cornellfan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I hope that isn't really his father.

If it is, his father is a fool, did you see this post:

http://twitter.com/tomhheslip
"@bradyheslip4 you're a bif fat pig who can't play defence, it's known around the world! (or at least by that new crackerjack coaching staff)"
cornellfan
n00b

Postby totheights on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Noreen is the only one that matters. I've stated this before but it's worth mentioning again. Ndao is so raw that it defies belief. He had little to no chance to play for at least 2 seasons and probably wouldn't ultimately be worth the scholarship. We can do better...

Your opinion about Ndao comes with a grain of salt around he because you have been insulting him and putting him down ever since he signed here.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 pm

totheights {l Wrote}:

Your opinion about Ndao comes with a grain of salt around he because you have been insulting him and putting him down ever since he signed here.

I don't know about Dave's posting history, but from the few games I have seen, Ndao right now is better than *** ******* was as a frosh. He may not be the pure shot blocker, but I watched him shut down one of the top PFs in the country. His O needs work, but it is no worse than Williams. He is a freak athlete.

That said, Noreen has the type of game, from what I have heard, to fit in and contribute in the motion next year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:10 am

A) Sounds like the current players are getting their asses kicked. Good.

B) Brady Heslip should tell his dad to be quiet.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 am

cornellfan {l Wrote}:

"@bradyheslip4 you're a bif fat pig who can't play defence, it's known around the world! (or at least by that new crackerjack coaching staff)"

Sounds to me like here's what's happening:

1. Donahue and company are running these kids into the ground.
2. Brady Heslip doesn't seem to mind it too much (read his tweets about how he needs to get into the best shape of his life, etc.)
3. At the same time, the conditioning coach is probably breaking them down some, ripping their play this year as motivation ("You're fat, can't play defense", etc.)
4. Brady calls home and talks to his dad sometimes, like any college kid, tells him about how practice is going. While Brady doesn't really mind the workouts, based on his tweets, he does kind of feel like "well I'm not the one who couldn't play defense this year".
5. Brady's dad tweets some mostly to joke around with his son, not realizing that obsessives on message boards are going to be checking up on him.

Admittedly, that's a lot to get out of a few tweets, but it seems like a logical way to read them.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 am

This thread has officially turned creepy.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:This thread has officially turned creepy.

yeah, it's super fucking creepy to search "Boston College" on twitter and see "MAMA DON'T RAISE YOUR KIDS TO BE BOSTON COLLEGE RECRUITS" show up as one of the results.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:03 am

This should be your first post in any thread.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

:whammy
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

Awesome.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shredder on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
cornellfan {l Wrote}:

Sounds to me like here's what's happening:

1. Donahue and company are running these kids into the ground.
2. Brady Heslip doesn't seem to mind it too much (read his tweets about how he needs to get into the best shape of his life, etc.)
3. At the same time, the conditioning coach is probably breaking them down some, ripping their play this year as motivation ("You're fat, can't play defense", etc.)
4. Brady calls home and talks to his dad sometimes, like any college kid, tells him about how practice is going. While Brady doesn't really mind the workouts, based on his tweets, he does kind of feel like "well I'm not the one who couldn't play defense this year".
5. Brady's dad tweets some mostly to joke around with his son, not realizing that obsessives on message boards are going to be checking up on him.

Admittedly, that's a lot to get out of a few tweets, but it seems like a logical way to read them.

Not to dwell on the mystery Twitterer, but I don't think that's his dad. Heslip isn't following him and has never responded to him. My guess is it's just some rival or idiot acquaintance he has from growing up.

From what I've seen about Donahue's personality and coaching style, he should have no trouble keeping Noreen and Ndao. They're probably just exploring options and seeing if anyone else comes and woos them.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcaddict on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm

it's his dad.
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Twitter is for juvenile twatters.

Do you even think for a nano second Stevie D. even glances at this unknown small niche site or any others or anyone in the AD office?

Have you lost your fucking minds? For some here, of course YES!!!

He is concentrating on what is here and his system and getting them into Stevie D shape and recruiting.

Lazy Elvis did BC a favor with all those scholarships open.

Do you remember how that MarineTWAT TOBLUNDER0-13 whined how Chuck Amato left the cupboard bare?

Lazy Elvis leaving the cupboard bare is a huge blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC has no commitments or kids that do not want to be here from 2009-2010 DONUT, or not Stevie D. players!

Look at the posts of the scholarships open in the next 2 years!!!!!!!!!

WOW...SUPER!!!

Wonderful, spectacular,fantastic....no more DIAL-A-STIFF from the Yawkey Barcolounger Yokel Center.

GDF had made a string of blunders with Jags firing, Spazoo and Topoo but Stevei D. was a 10.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm

What the hell is going on with Heslip?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I've heard rumors that all three of them might be gone. Came from a pretty reliable source so I think its guaranteed that we at least lose one or two
joemack13
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum