Old Spice Classic

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Old Spice Classic

Postby BCMcG on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 pm

This was announced a while ago, but I didn't see any mention of it. BC is one of eight teams playing in the Old Spice Classic in Orlando from November 25-28.

Here's the full list of teams:
Boston College
California
Georgia
Manhattan
Notre Dame
Temple
Texas A&M
Wisconsin

The matchups haven't been announced yet, but note that Donahue's Cornell team knocked two of these teams out of the tourney.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Re: Old Spice Classic

Postby shockdoct on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Nice, I will probably try and sneak in a few games of this over thanksgiving break.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby cornellfan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:45 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:This was announced a while ago, but I didn't see any mention of it. BC is one of eight teams playing in the Old Spice Classic in Orlando from November 25-28.

Boston College
California
Georgia
Manhattan
Notre Dame
Temple
Texas A&M
Wisconsin

The matchups haven't been announced yet, but note that Donahue's Cornell team knocked two of these teams out of the tourney.

That would be funny to see Donahue have to go against Dunphy again because they never play each other unless they are forced to in a tournament
cornellfan
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:This was announced a while ago, but I didn't see any mention of it. BC is one of eight teams playing in the Old Spice Classic in Orlando from November 25-28.

Boston College
California
Georgia
Manhattan
Notre Dame
Temple
Texas A&M
Wisconsin

That's about as stacked an early season tourney as you're gonna see. No outright favorite, but a bunch of solid programs.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:44 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Boston College
California
Georgia
Manhattan
Notre Dame
Temple
Texas A&M
Wisconsin

That's about as stacked an early season tourney as you're gonna see. No outright favorite, but a bunch of solid programs.

Since I don't know enough about these teams, I'd say that I could see any of Cal, Temple, ATM, and Wisconsin ranked to start the season. Georgia and Notre Dame aren't exactly traditional slouches either. How did Manhattan get roped into this?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BearTerritory on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Cal won't be ranked with four seniors gone and not much left.
BearTerritory
Carney Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 am

It might be a better alternative than spending Thanksgiving weekend with your family/in-laws. Looks like it could be an evenly matched and exciting tournament. I would consider going, but I’ll probably opt to go to the black Friday hockey game and drive to the football game @ Syracuse. I hope there will be tv coverage
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum