Jones to BC is Official

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Jones to BC is Official

Postby WaterlooEagle on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

WaterlooEagle
n00b

Re: Jones to BC is Official

Postby totheights on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Damn right.

Let see what these Ivy League coaches can do with the luxury of being able to offer scholarships. I personally think they are going to knock it out of the park.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Just like I predicted on Monday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Just like I predicted on Monday.

apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm not sure which hire I'm more excited about. Donahue or Jones.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cornellfan on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:43 pm

http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2 ... es_11.html
"News quickly spread that Steve Donahue hired several Ivy League coaches as assistants at Boston College. But in addition to Joe Jones (Columbia), Nat Graham (Cornell) and John Gallagher (Penn), expect another coach with present Ivy employment to join Donahue's team shortly."

Our blog site has been claiming another Ivy coach or assistant is going to BC, any idea? Would this be for DBO?
cornellfan
n00b

Postby BC923 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm curious as to how you found this site. We don't get a lot of visitors from other schools. Was it easy to find?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 pm

cornellfan {l Wrote}:http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2010/04/news-and-notes_11.html
"News quickly spread that Steve Donahue hired several Ivy League coaches as assistants at Boston College. But in addition to Joe Jones (Columbia), Nat Graham (Cornell) and John Gallagher (Penn), expect another coach with present Ivy employment to join Donahue's team shortly."

Our blog site has been claiming another Ivy coach or assistant is going to BC, any idea? Would this be for DBO?

This would be shocking as that means gene does not have any handpicked members?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby cornellfan on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:20 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:I'm curious as to how you found this site. We don't get a lot of visitors from other schools. Was it easy to find?

I saw a link to here from the scout.com eagleinsider.com site since I was looking for a free BC basketball forum, the site is somewhat hard to find as it does not come up on the first page of google when searching bc basketball forum
cornellfan
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 pm

cornellfan {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I'm curious as to how you found this site. We don't get a lot of visitors from other schools. Was it easy to find?

I saw a link to here from the scout.com eagleinsider.com site since I was looking for a free BC basketball forum, the site is somewhat hard to find as it does not come up on the first page of google when searching bc basketball forum

Well, as you can see we are a little freaking nuts here, and you need a thick skin, but welcome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cornellfan on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cornellfan {l Wrote}:

Well, as you can see we are a little freaking nuts here, and you need a thick skin, but welcome.

Yeah I am still confused about that 74 guy and how he went crazy
cornellfan
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:25 pm

cornellfan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cornellfan {l Wrote}:

Yeah I am still confused about that 74 guy and how he went crazy

It's a long story. But he's not the only one that is nuts.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:25 pm

cornellfan {l Wrote}:

When we have episodes like the current one seemingly every other month, I am quite glad it doesn't.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:35 pm

cornellfan {l Wrote}:

Welcome! I'm a little late here, but if you're really gonna root for BC hoops, you should stick around. Nice to see other fans on here, and especially ones who don't troll. Feel free to stay awhile.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cornellfan on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:37 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cornellfan {l Wrote}:

Welcome! I'm a little late here, but if you're really gonna root for BC hoops, you should stick around. Nice to see other fans on here, and especially ones who don't troll. Feel free to stay awhile.

I am not going anywhere, I will root for BC hoops and hang around on this board for as long as Donahue is here which should be for a long time.
cornellfan
n00b

Postby shockdoct on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 am

I've started to allow search crawler bots more access to the boards...

If you search "bc basketball forum" on google a link to this page shows up on the 2nd page of google.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 pm

From the Columbia Spectator yesterday:

"The associate head coach position at Boston College will also be better suited to Jones’ strengths, recruiting, and defense. He truly is an outstanding defensive coach, and this fits perfectly with his new boss, Steve Donahue, an offensive mastermind who plans to institute a free-flowing, high-scoring offense in Chestnut Hill. On top of shaping the new Boston College defense, Jones will also get the opportunity to recruit at the highest levels of prep basketball again, something he enjoyed as an assistant at Villanova."

I hope the Donahue/Jones combo turns out to be a solid mix of offense and defense. The defense stunk throughout the Skinner era.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby cornellfan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:41 pm

http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2 ... woody.html

Your new Dir of Basketball Ops is going to be current Cornell assistant Woody Kampmann
cornellfan
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

cornellfan {l Wrote}:http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2010/04/news-and-notes-afternoon-update-woody.html

Your new Dir of Basketball Ops is going to be current Cornell assistant Woody Kampmann

Do you have any insight/comments on him?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby cornellfan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:50 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
cornellfan {l Wrote}:http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2010/04/news-and-notes-afternoon-update-woody.html

Do you have any insight/comments on him?

http://cornellbigred.com/coaches.aspx?r ... ath=mbball

Here is his bio, I dont really know much about him. He went to Hobart and was an assistant there for one year where former Donahue assistant Izzi Metz coaches. He then came here for the last 3 years.
cornellfan
n00b

Return to Conte Forum