F_CK BARSTOOL SPORTS!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

F_CK BARSTOOL SPORTS!!

Postby TheBlueEnigmaParty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/meet-the-future-scapegoat-of-bc-hoops/

You know this guy is a real dick! He hates on BC all the time. It's a perfect example of the problem BC has. To the Boston Media BC is a joke. They get very little positive press. BC really needs to do a better job marketing it's self and promoting our Athletics to the Boston Public. I know it's a "pro-sports" town but this type of shit needs to stop.

With all the money BC has and resources at it disposal I think it wouldn't be that hard. One thing they need to do is try to get their Basketball and Hockey teams on TV more often in the Boston area, most of the games aren't even covered. How about a BC channel similar to BYU's channel? When they aren't showing sports they could show religious programming or something.
Also they need to try and cultivate fans that didn't just go to school there. Most the games have so many tickets available, I think they should give those tickets to youth programs around the city. The money is there but where is the effort.
TheBlueEnigmaParty
n00b

Re: F_CK BARSTOOL SPORTS!!

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 am

Barstool Sports is hardly "media". Guy is a Michigan grad with a readership of retarded fucking Northeastern grads, and he is trying to get them all excited while at the same time provoking the precise response in you that he has provoked.

My advice? Log on there at about 5:30 each day, look at the daily scantily clad young lady, and depart. This rest ain't worth much.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TheBlueEnigmaParty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Barstool Sports is hardly "media". Guy is a Michigan grad with a readership of retarded fucking Northeastern grads, and he is trying to get them all excited while at the same time provoking the precise response in you that he has provoked.

My advice? Log on there at about 5:30 each day, look at the daily scantily clad young lady, and depart. This rest ain't worth much.

I know he went to Michigan and he just tries to fire people up but still. We get very little good pub even from WEEI or the local Boston Papers.
TheBlueEnigmaParty
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am

TheBlueEnigmaParty {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Barstool Sports is hardly "media". Guy is a Michigan grad with a readership of retarded fucking Northeastern grads, and he is trying to get them all excited while at the same time provoking the precise response in you that he has provoked.

I know he went to Michigan and he just tries to fire people up but still. We get very little good pub even from WEEI or the local Boston Papers.

Your new head coach is getting rave reviews in both papers. You are looking for something to bitch about Vinny.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am

I just realized that this works on many levels. Not only for the wang/favre produced videos, but also:

blammo
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am

someone should start an anti-barstool sports blog.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am

ha, our readership here also includes a retarded northeastern grad.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:23 am

TheBlueEnigmaParty {l Wrote}:I know he went to Michigan and he just tries to fire people up...

b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TheBlueEnigmaParty {l Wrote}:

Your new head coach is getting rave reviews in both papers. You are looking for something to bitch about Vinny.

I was reading this on WEEI.com just prior to seeing this thread so I thought I'd share since it relates to the topic of local media coverage.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/footb ... -one-bc-ne
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

Meet the author:

Stop feeling threatened by his opinions. Start feeling sorry for his under never used penis.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Jimmy Warlock on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Meet the author:

Stop feeling threatened by his opinions. Start feeling sorry for his under never used penis.

haha
Jimmy Warlock
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:I was reading this on WEEI.com just prior to seeing this thread so I thought I'd share since it relates to the topic of local media coverage.

The guy goes on to say that Gene screwed up by not contacting Pat Summitt or Geno Auriema.

Wow.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Jimmy Warlock on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:I was reading this on WEEI.com just prior to seeing this thread so I thought I'd share since it relates to the topic of local media coverage.

The guy goes on to say that Gene screwed up by not contacting Pat Summitt or Geno Auriema.

Wow.

What does that picture mean?
Jimmy Warlock
n00b

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 am

Barstool Sports still exists? Huh. Learn something new every day.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:42 am

Just to be clear, I posted the link but that was not meant to say I agreed with him. I think the guys is a jackass. I was just sharing since I had not heard it referenced.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Wow.

WOW, that is an awesome coaching tree you have there. However, I am disappointed we don't see Greg Schiano on there.
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:14 am

1) I stopped dying my hair bleach blonde months ago.

2) Why am I in a tree with Favre-Z?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby totheights on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:17 am

totheights {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Wow.

WOW, that is an awesome coaching tree you have there. However, I am disappointed we don't see Greg Schiano on there.

ugh - you n00bs. that's favre (blueenigmaparty) and brad the tranny (b0mberman) sitting in a tree. what comes next is the k-i-s-s-i-n-g

I like the coaching tree thing better. :skank
totheights
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 am

His "Hot Galleries" section of the site should be renamed to "Chicks the Author Will Never Bag"
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:1) I stopped dying my hair bleach blonde months ago.

2) Why am I in a tree with Favre-Z?

(1) you know your penchant for pantslessness keeps all eyes (not in huang's head) off of you

(2) because you agreed with him that teh barstool guy is a jerk... and next you'll be agreeing to play "just the tip"

2) Why did you quote me quoting Art Vandelay then? It's confusing. You are confusing and not very good at insults.

Your mom sleeps with many men who aren't your father. That's a good insult.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Jimmy Warlock on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:[... and next you'll be agreeing to play "just the tip"

haha
Jimmy Warlock
n00b

Postby James Kilmeady on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 am

Fuck Bruce Pearl. Vinnie needs to start a "Pearl Country Club Franks" blog. The hotdog situation in greater Boston is awful. RECRUITS eat hotdogs, you know.
Oh they'll make you or break you but they'll never forsake you...
James Kilmeady
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 pm

the smokeshow of the day on 4-6 Karissa, went to my high school
Last edited by NJM89 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm

I find it funny that the Google Bot is running ads for barstools in this thread. Damn, that thing is smart.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BCGoldenEagles on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm

TheBlueEnigmaParty {l Wrote}:http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/meet-the-future-scapegoat-of-bc-hoops/

You know this guy is a real dick! He hates on BC all the time. It's a perfect example of the problem BC has. To the Boston Media BC is a joke. They get very little positive press. BC really needs to do a better job marketing it's self and promoting our Athletics to the Boston Public. I know it's a "pro-sports" town but this type of shit needs to stop.

With all the money BC has and resources at it disposal I think it wouldn't be that hard. One thing they need to do is try to get their Basketball and Hockey teams on TV more often in the Boston area, most of the games aren't even covered. How about a BC channel similar to BYU's channel? When they aren't showing sports they could show religious programming or something.
Also they need to try and cultivate fans that didn't just go to school there. Most the games have so many tickets available, I think they should give those tickets to youth programs around the city. The money is there but where is the effort.

The artical wasn't written by El Presidente. He is on vacation. This was written by someone else. El Presidente is the one who likes to rip BC. I heard that it is because he grew up in Swampscott and wanted to go to BC but couldn't get in so now he takes any opportunity to bash us. I find them amusing. It is not unlike the slapfighting that goes on here.

Besides the Smokeshow, the Wake-ups are also pretty good. :skank
BCGoldenEagles
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm

BCGoldenEagles {l Wrote}:
TheBlueEnigmaParty {l Wrote}:http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/meet-the-future-scapegoat-of-bc-hoops/

The artical wasn't written by El Presidente. He is on vacation. This was written by someone else. El Presidente is the one who likes to rip BC. I heard that it is because he grew up in Swampscott and wanted to go to BC but couldn't get in so now he takes any opportunity to bash us. I find them amusing. It is not unlike the slapfighting that goes on here.

Besides the Smokeshow, the Wake-ups are also pretty good. :skank

Jerry Thornton, the guy that wrote the article, is one of those starter jacket wearing ND fans that has never been to Indiana.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Amen. The link for this thread has probably been emailed to them 20 times by now. Aside from the photo galleries, the BC bashing gets more attention than anything else they post.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Aww, com'on. He looks sensitive. Girls go for that still, right?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm

They have a nice wake up with Six from Blossom today. She always made me happy down below.
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum