Big Ten to fire yet another BB coach today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Big Ten to fire yet another BB coach today

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 am

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Big Ten to fire yet another BB coach today

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am

HJS {l Wrote}:http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2010/04/politi_rutgers_shouldnt_pass_up_second_opportunity_to_fire_coach_fred_hill.html

“What should be done eventually must be done immediately”

I like that. I suppose it rebuts my view on Al getting another year, but I like it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2010/04/politi_rutgers_shouldnt_pass_up_second_opportunity_to_fire_coach_fred_hill.html

I like that. I suppose it rebuts my view on Al getting another year, but I like it.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jerk. I like the quote.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

Someone mentions jokingly Al as soon as there's an opening, but this is a landing place that would actually make sense for Skinner. Because of the abomination that is Rutgers Basketball, expectations will be very low. Al would have a few years to do his thing, which is exactly what he needs.

Also, exalt on the thread title.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:36 am

Al would be perfect at a school like Rutgers. But, the very public charges of laziness really making him completely unhireable. BC will have to eat his an entire payout. His best chance at a job now is to land as an NBA assistant.

This is Mike Rice's job to lose (in my opinion). Though, I think Jim Baron would be their best hire. They need someone to come in and establish something... a system... a style of play... something. Mike Rice could be another Schiano for them, but it is much more likely that he'd have naked practices in Year 3 ala Kevin Bannon.

RU hired Fred Hill because of his recruiting prowess. But, what RU needs is kinda what BC needs... a coach who is able to be successful with less. RU needs someone who will out-scheme, out-hussle, out-work the opponent. Someone who will take lesser recruited kids and develop them into good players. Jim Baron is their best choice. But, knowing RU, they will try for a flashy name like Billy Gilespie (thirsty Dick McCormick won't have a problem with BG's DUIs) or Wojo or Fran Frashcilla (please God... let this one happen). Ultimately, I think they will be won over by the youth/energy of Rice (who is familiar with the area from his time served at Fordham).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 am

Rutgers is too dumb to hire Al, but he would be ten times better than the names being floated. I mean JOB?!? Unless he Scoonie has a few more years of eligibility left, that would be the worst hire in history.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby InTheKnow on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm

I always thought Rutgers played in the Big East not the Big Ten
InTheKnow
n00b

Postby Byrdcall J on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 pm

InTheKnow {l Wrote}:I always thought Rutgers played in the Big East not the Big Ten

Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:07 pm

wow...wow...you mean when 74 said Bobby Hurley and Ryan dropped the "74 Barcolounger and Alsleep Nuclear Bomb" on Lazy Elvis and that made him unhireable..it's now true.......wow what a shocker...

Thank God we have the HOMO posting here...we would never figure out that Lazy was as lazy is 4 years ago and now he was fired with impunity and smoked.

Not to worry, America is full of affirmative action and diversity losers like Obamination.

Maybe Obama becomes a BC Professor in 3 years and he can make a charge at Lazy Elvis' s Rec Plex records?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:39 pm

InTheKnow {l Wrote}:I always thought Rutgers played in the Big East not the Big Ten

That's what the cabal wants you to believe.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:"Relax, it's just a wooden horse." -TW, 12th century B.C.

Winner.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Second Round Skinner on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:21 pm

You're clearly not "In The Know."
Second Round Skinner
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:22 pm

:81 :81 :81 :81
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby InTheKnow on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 pm

sorry if there was a joke about the Big 12 and Big 10 before I joined but I dont get what it is. Can anyone explain?
InTheKnow
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:08 pm

InTheKnow {l Wrote}:sorry if there was a joke about the Big 12 and Big 10 before I joined but I dont get what it is. Can anyone explain?

It's not a joke. The Big 10 added Rutgers because they wanted an Ivy League school that could improve the conference's academic prestige.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
InTheKnow {l Wrote}:sorry if there was a joke about the Big 12 and Big 10 before I joined but I dont get what it is. Can anyone explain?

It's not a joke. The Big 10 added Rutgers because they wanted an Ivy League school that could improve the conference's academic prestige.

And use Rutgers' connections to get the Empire State Building lit up in various Big 10-related colors.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Penn State is too close to think RU is an Ivy League school. They're within the radius of mediocrity.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:11 pm

InTheKnow, if you change your name to Haven'tGotAClue or OutOfTheKnow then I'll explain it all to you. :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum