Purging of Kentucky

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Purging of Kentucky

Postby buconvict on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 pm

5 UK players going pro, all "projected as first-rounders".

So this kid is worthy of a first round pick? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pr ... erId=45884

Unreal.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Re: Purging of Kentucky

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm

It's not as extreme as this guy, but Marvin Williams was a first-year bench player and was drafted very high in the subsequent draft. While he hasn't justified the high pick, he ended up being a productive NBA player.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, he is 6'10.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:23 pm

assuming this decision was made in January, none of these guy needed to attend a single class this semester, right?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

talon {l Wrote}:assuming this decision was made in January, none of these guy needed to attend a single class this semester, right?

They go anyway , just becasue its Kentuckie...I mean Kentucky...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Pahreen on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Daniel Orton is going to be a good pro. I'm hoping he falls to the Celtics. Legitimate center prospects on the cheap rookie scale are a good deal.
Pahreen
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 am

talon {l Wrote}:assuming this decision was made in January, none of these guy needed to attend a single class this semester, right?

Went the Hasheem Thabeet route, it is Kentucky though they were probably too busy cashing Calipari's checks to go to class anyways.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:56 am

Pahreen {l Wrote}:Daniel Orton is going to be a good pro. I'm hoping he falls to the Celtics. Legitimate center prospects on the cheap rookie scale are a good deal.

He would have been better off playing a year as the starting center for Kentucky first. Scouts have only gotten a limited look at him to-date.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:Daniel Orton is going to be a good pro. I'm hoping he falls to the Celtics. Legitimate center prospects on the cheap rookie scale are a good deal.

He would have been better off playing a year as the starting center for Kentucky first. Scouts have only gotten a limited look at him to-date.

He didn't hire an agent so after testing the waters it's possible he'll be back, though if it looks like he'll go in the first round I doubt he'll pass it up. I agree he could help himself by coming back and getting much more playing time next year. He was one of Gillespie's recruits and Cal had to work at keeping him from backing out. Its possible he is not a Cal fan and that could be a factor as well.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

He didn't hire an agent so after testing the waters it's possible he'll be back, though if it looks like he'll go in the first round I doubt he'll pass it up. I agree he could help himself by coming back and getting much more playing time next year. He was one of Gillespie's recruits and Cal had to work at keeping him from backing out. Its possible he is not a Cal fan and that could be a factor as well.

Rumor has it that's the case, and that the feeling is mutual. To his credit, the kid has said nothing but good things, but it'd be pretty surprising if he withdrew from the draft. Supposedly he's living in California right now.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Rumor has it that's the case, and that the feeling is mutual. To his credit, the kid has said nothing but good things, but it'd be pretty surprising if he withdrew from the draft. Supposedly he's living in California right now.

Must be like one of those classes they have at BC that take you to the Silicon Valley, like the one they have in the commercial. :roll: :roll:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:54 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:

Scouts have only gotten a limited look at him to-date.

That's usually not a bad thing for top "prospects."
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:38 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

Scouts have only gotten a limited look at him to-date.

That's usually not a bad thing for top "prospects."

True. But he does appear to have some skill. But his production is akin to :seanwilliams after his freshman year. Scouts knew something was there but there's no way he would have been a first round pick coming out then. It only takes 1 year to vault a talented, young big man into the top 10-15 picks, where the money is considerably higher.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Apparently there's a purging at Oklahoma as well. Two guys have declared for the draft (Willie Warren & Tommy Mason-Griffin), and another guy is transferring.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum