Assistants

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Assistants

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:does anyone know how much jones makes at columbia and (ballpark) how much he would make at bc?

Can't imagine he makes much north of 250-300. But his motivation to come would be more about getting back on track for a real D1 head job.

Hard to imagine he'd take a significant pay cut though. What could a top assistant expect to make at BC? I would guess around that range, but have no real idea.

My understanding was that Logan was high at $500K. I have to assume top assistants make in the mid 200s, depending on credibility, tenure and leverage.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm

I wouldn't mind all Ivy if Joe Jones was the last guy. IMO he would be a good to great hire. Also Gallagher is decent provided he can bring in some Philly kids, if not that is a bad hire. Graham is necessary for game prep and other things.The last hire is who will make or break the assi
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bcaddict on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:55 pm

heard that it's likely Jones accepts
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:05 pm

bcaddict {l Wrote}:heard that it's likely Jones accepts

This is huge. Jones is capable of landing top flight talent. Ironically, Nova's penetrate and pitch offense requires players that would also thrive in Donahue's system.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 pm

That would be awesome. Hope that comes true.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:23 pm

what about Michael Adams?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Michael Adams

So... you are predicting Mike Adams is going to be Associate Head Coach. Brilliant. Let's see how your sources pan out on that one.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bcaddict on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is huge. Jones is capable of landing top flight talent. Ironically, Nova's penetrate and pitch offense requires players that would also thrive in Donahue's system.

And here you go....

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/ ... z0kRuGZ4rS
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Seems official... Joe Jones rounds out the staff.

Jones, Graham, Gallagher. No mention of DBO, but my guess is Murph stays.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

So... you are predicting Mike Adams is going to be Associate Head Coach. Brilliant. Let's see how your sources pan out on that one.

I apologize in advance if this is out of line...

But you two are really fucking irritating with your back and forth on sources and whos right/wrong and all that BS. Neither of you have sources. Neither of you bring groundbreaking news. At best, you say vague things and then go back later and claim you had a "scoop". But you didn't. So cut the shit.

That's all.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

But you two are really fucking irritating with your back and forth on sources and whos right/wrong and all that BS. Neither of you have sources. Neither of you bring groundbreaking news. At best, you say vague things and then go back later and claim you had a "scoop". But you didn't. So cut the shit.

That's all.

Ex...Ex...Ex...Exalt.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That's all.

Ex...Ex...Ex...Exalt.

Oh, stop. OJ's an ass, but his ass-ness brings half the fun of the hoop board. The hoop board would resemble the Dustbowl if OJ wasn't such a contrarian.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That's all.

Ex...Ex...Ex...Exalt.

Oh, stop. OJ's an ass, but his ass-ness brings half the fun of the hoop board. The hoop board would resemble the Dustbowl if OJ wasn't such a contrarian.

I just liked that he told OJ and HomoJS to "cut the shit." If anything, it will probably result in more :slapfight s.
Last edited by bignick33 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

bcaddict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

And here you go....

GREAT news.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That's all.

You two? I was obviously asking about a former BC hoopster that used to be on Maryland's staff. No predictions, no sources, no claims to any inside knowledege....and HJ-douchebag decided to try to stir up the pot by making his idiotic post. He's the idiot that your post should be directed at.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm not saying having arguments to keep things entertaining is bad. Its the fact that every fucking thread that has to do with Donahue or the coaching search naturally degrades to those 2 arguing who got the story more "right" and whos sources are better when its painfully obvious neither of them are providing any sourced info...just regurgitated crap thats either from another poster directly before them or a publication they read online somewhere.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That's all.

Who asked for your opinion? The slapfights make for good comedy.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:54 pm

I hope he opens Hamsterdam in the Mods.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:56 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm not saying having arguments to keep things entertaining is bad. Its the fact that every fucking thread that has to do with Donahue or the coaching search naturally degrades to those 2 arguing who got the story more "right" and whos sources are better when its painfully obvious neither of them are providing any sourced info...just regurgitated crap thats either from another poster directly before them or a publication they read online somewhere.

By the way, I think you will find that I have never once claimed any source or inside info....you are mixing up HJS' statements with mine.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

By the way, I think you will find that I have never once claimed any source or inside info....you are mixing up HJS' statements with mine.

That may be true. You guys quote each other so often I may have attributed his statements to you or vice versa.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you quoted sources on the team when you claimed tuggle was a bust.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That's all.

Ex...Ex...Ex...Exalt.

I just liked that he told OJ and HomoJS to "cut the shit." If anything, it will probably result in more :slapfight s.

I have to say, OJ v HJS is my favorite :slapfight because a) they can't help themselves from turning every single one of each others' posts into a reason to attack, and b) the majority of other posters here don't want to be seen as supporting either of them. It's like if Iran invaded North Korea..."fuck 'em, let them go at it."
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You claim to know that Al is the laziest bastard this side of Cheech and Chong. Whether that's sources or an Erin Andrews peep-hole, I don't know.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I hope he opens Hamsterdam in the Mods.

Right show, wrong resemblance. Bunny's coaching at FSU.

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum