Good damn hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Good damn hire

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 pm

There, I said it.

Screw you 74, and your fonts and charts and graphs that wanted Alvin Mack from The Program.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: Good damn hire

Postby auggiebc on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:43 pm

I hated the search. But I do like the hire.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There, I said it.

Screw you 74, and your fonts and charts and graphs that wanted Alvin Mack from The Program.

i totally agree. :pickle could have really effed this one up really badly and i was scared he might but in the end little napoleon delivered.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Be careful or some will claim being happy about Donahue is saying "we are what we are" because GDF couldn't get 1971 John Wooden to come coach BC right now. I agree that I am excited about BC basketball again and think Donahue will be good for the program.

And lets all just keep in mind that we need to give him a break in year one since he has not recruited any of these guys and is inheriting a team full of seniors who have a lot of bad habits (ie Rakim and the twinkies) and don't know his system. Expect an up and down year.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

As I've said on a number of occasions, I am a big fan of Dunphy's and like that this is his protoge. He was just awarded the National Coach of the Freaking Year by Clair Bee. There are definite question marks (including his staff, recruiting and his ability to keep and win with the current players). But, the man is an excellent COACH. He seems like someone whose family will assimilate nicely in the university (including things I previously mentioned regarding the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism. He is also beloved by his players... which is a huge plus: http://twitter.com/JJaques_25
He just better realize exactly the person he now is working for and make sure that he always placate's him.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Be careful or some will claim being happy about Donahue is saying "we are what we are" because GDF couldn't get 1971 John Wooden to come coach BC right now. I agree that I am excited about BC basketball again and think Donahue will be good for the program.

And lets all just keep in mind that we need to give him a break in year one since he has not recruited any of these guys and is inheriting a team full of seniors who have a lot of bad habits (ie Rakim and the twinkies) and don't know his system. Expect an up and down year.

The guy is no idiot. Expect him to implement simple things this season, while he builds what he wants to do for the future. I'd be shocked, assuming everyone stays, if he doesn't just press and run. That's what I'd do with 6 seniors with decent ability.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:I hated the search. But I do like the hire.

+1.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There, I said it.

1--My charts and graphs are in PowerPoint and you are a dumb ass ambulance chaser and could never understand the BOD presentations and complexities and nuances of big boy Finance.

2--Chris Mack is a great hire by Xavier and great background.

3--I like the hire. I read the Eaglemanics article. I changed right after that---I will re-fire the post but you have turned into a whining ass little barrister XXXX, ------and said he was a good hire. I just wish he would de-bunk this recruiting cloud they or him have placed over him. I even posted his record!!!!

I would had preferred Mack and then Stevens or at least interview the other 5 guys Carlissimo, Few, Bennett, etc.

Just a round about thorough search nationwide like GDF did with Spazoo.. :roll:

4--Stop being a brat or I will call 49.

5--Notice no fonts for your dainty eyes and why are you now started a new thread every 4 minutes?

:lol:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Just a round about thorough search nationwide like GDF did with Spazoo.. :roll:

exactly
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:Be careful or some will claim being happy about Donahue is saying "we are what we are" because GDF couldn't get 1971 John Wooden to come coach BC right now. I agree that I am excited about BC basketball again and think Donahue will be good for the program.

The guy is no idiot. Expect him to implement simple things this season, while he builds what he wants to do for the future. I'd be shocked, assuming everyone stays, if he doesn't just press and run. That's what I'd do with 6 seniors with decent ability.

...........wow...prees trap and run and 40 minutes of hell like 74 said not 4 but 6 years ago...

Be flexible 9 and admit I have posted that eleventy billion times with the present roster and past squads ones who could not adapt to the flex...

You are a lawyer under oath now...

Like that means something...

I hear Rakim is down to 2 bongs and 2 cheesesteaks a day now..

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Good damn hire, hhhmmmmm…….we’ll see after next season when we have many roster spots to fill
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:12 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Good damn hire, hhhmmmmm…….we’ll see after next season when we have many roster spots to fill

I think this will be a plus...He will be able to get players he wants very quickly as most of Al's players will be gone after next season
Plus, for the first time in my three years here...People are talking about basketball like they care
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:15 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:3--I like the hire. I read the Eaglemanics article. I changed right after that---I will re-fire the post but you have turned into a whining ass little barrister XXXX, ------and said he was a good hire. I just wish he would de-bunk this recruiting cloud they or him have placed over him. I even posted his record!!!!

What is Eaglemaniacs?

Can someone provide a link to this article that 74 is talking about? Sounds interesting.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Couldn't have said it better.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

you can't have it both ways. If the hire was successful, so was the search. We tried for Pear and didn't get him. Interviewed quality candidates and came up with a good hire.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:57 pm

I love the hire. He's not named Al Skinner and he doesn't run the tight flex, that's 2 for 2 in my opinion. Adding the fact the guy is a great coach and is hopefully going to surround himself with some good assistants and recruiters and we might be onto something here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby thebs19 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Absolutely. Very very solid hire. Like I said elsewhere, will be nice to watch teams that can hit a f'ing jump shot.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:3--I like the hire. I read the Eaglemanics article. I changed right after that---I will re-fire the post but you have turned into a whining ass little barrister XXXX, ------and said he was a good hire. I just wish he would de-bunk this recruiting cloud they or him have placed over him. I even posted his record!!!!

What is Eaglemaniacs?

Can someone provide a link to this article that 74 is talking about? Sounds interesting.

I refired the post.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4302&start=90

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:39 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:

What is Eaglemaniacs?

I refired the post.

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/view ... 2&start=90

Thanks! That was a pretty good article. Hopefully Donahue can take the players, get them motivated and install this new offense the article mentions and we should have a good year next year.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

you can't have it both ways. If the hire was successful, so was the search.

This could be the dumbest thing ever said. Ever.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
you can't have it both ways.

Tired of being told that yourself so you decided to try it on someone else?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 am

Al wasn't able to get the most out of his players this year. It will be interesting to see what next years team can do assuming they're in shape and Donahue can maximize their potential. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the bigs get a redshirt year. Dunn seems like a good candidate. He will improve frontcourt depth in 2011 and perhaps more importantly, this move would help distribute the scholarships out more evenly. Some of this will depend if Noreen and Papa stay committed.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Al wasn't able to get the most out of his players this year. It will be interesting to see what next years team can do assuming they're in shape and Donahue can maximize their potential. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the bigs get a redshirt year. Dunn seems like a good candidate. He will improve frontcourt depth in 2011 and perhaps more importantly, this move would help distribute the scholarships out more evenly. Some of this will depend if Noreen and Papa stay committed.

Someone suggested this a couple of months back and my opinion remains the same. Dunn and Southern can't get off cmapus fast enough for me. I understand your point, but if an extra year of Dunn is the answer, you may need to rethink the question.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:44 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Al wasn't able to get the most out of his players this year. It will be interesting to see what next years team can do assuming they're in shape and Donahue can maximize their potential. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the bigs get a redshirt year. Dunn seems like a good candidate. He will improve frontcourt depth in 2011 and perhaps more importantly, this move would help distribute the scholarships out more evenly. Some of this will depend if Noreen and Papa stay committed.

That's an interesting idea I hadn't even considered. Have we ever redshirted to get someone a 5th year under Al? Uka did but that was a medical exemption, not a scholarship budgeting move. It could be one way to help plug the mass opening on the roster after next year.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Conte Forum