Coach Donahue to make an appearance...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Coach Donahue to make an appearance...

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Wednesday at 5pm on the Dustbowl. Email says there will be chances to win tix, jetblue vouchers, gear, etc.... The email also calls the location the campus green in front of mcelroy commons - teh ghey.
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Re: Coach Donahue to make an appearance...

Postby AdamBC on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 pm

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

I was going to ask for an over/under prediction on student attendence, but that would just give commave and OJ more ammo to make fun of people who guessed wrong.

have either one of you ever made fun of a kid who's "guess the jellybean" contest entry wasn't that close?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:24 pm

It's supposed to be in the 80's and although BC has been disgustingly nerdified, there should still be plenty of sundress wearing chicks eager to let their skin absorb some sun. If the place isn't mobbed, BC should commit nerdicide and start from scratch. There better be some pictures on here of a good showing!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:24 pm

"The campus green". These people can go to hell.

But, I hope attendance is great - get your popcorn ready for a new era! :popcorn
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:26 pm

I hope people show up for him...hockey turnout wasn't great. Has anybody gotten an update of when the press conference will be? Tomorrow afternoon?

BTW: This "New Era" thing shows me just how unhappy Gene was with Al which surprises me. I had no idea he thought it was as bad as we all realized it was..
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:39 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:It's supposed to be in the 80's and although BC has been disgustingly nerdified, there should still be plenty of sundress wearing chicks eager to let their skin absorb some sun. If the place isn't mobbed, BC should commit nerdicide and start from scratch. There better be some pictures on here of a good showing!

haha...nerdicide. classic.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Bernard Lonergan {l Wrote}:Wednesday at 5pm on the Dustbowl. Email says there will be chances to win tix, jetblue vouchers, gear, etc.... The email also calls the location the campus green in front of mcelroy commons - teh ghey.

Can you imagine Skinner ever doing this? Its little things like this that might get some of the students a little more excited about BC hoops. The guy hasn't been coach for a day and he has already done more than Skinner in 13 years as far as promoting BC hoops.

The results on the court won't be known for a year or more, but the attitude certainly is refreshing.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Will Gene be there?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ZBC2001 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:57 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:It's supposed to be in the 80's and although BC has been disgustingly nerdified, there should still be plenty of sundress wearing chicks eager to let their skin absorb some sun. If the place isn't mobbed, BC should commit nerdicide and start from scratch. There better be some pictures on here of a good showing!

http://at.bc.edu/webcams/dustbowl/
ZBC2001
Carney Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:04 pm

The turnout will be ok...I think the combination of the weather/ free stuff will attract students....I'll be there and a roomate of mine who attended 2 games this year said he wanted to go...I was shocked, maybe a new coach will wake the students up...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:The turnout will be ok...I think the combination of the weather/ free stuff will attract students....I'll be there and a roomate of mine who attended 2 games this year said he wanted to go...I was shocked, maybe a new coach will wake the students up...

Just tell people there will be a queerbitch tournament. They'll show up.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Hopefully some students and other fans get out there. I'd go if I were a Boston local.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:11 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:The turnout will be ok...I think the combination of the weather/ free stuff will attract students....I'll be there and a roomate of mine who attended 2 games this year said he wanted to go...I was shocked, maybe a new coach will wake the students up...

No, they are offering a Blackberry....that should be enough to get massive turnout
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

No, they are offering a Blackberry....that should be enough to get massive turnout

Could you imagine the turnout if they offered matinee tickets?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:13 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I thought the youths today were all about iPhones not Blackberries.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

You're thinking of non-nerdified youth.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

are they offering the service as well, or just the free balckberry that you would receive anyway if you signed up for a new service. if the latter, this is brian boitano ghey and gene defilipo lame

Maybe the nerds are concerned if their wireless device will be compatible with their internship's data plan so they're going the safe route with a Blackberry.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

are they offering the service as well, or just the free balckberry that you would receive anyway if you signed up for a new service. if the latter, this is brian boitano ghey and gene defilipo lame

This is BC we are talking about. Just the free blackberry.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:17 pm

this is a good point... free stuff. add to that the fact that the local press will be there (in all likelihood) and maybe the nerds will be out with signs. can some of you use your text messaging devices and other communicating technologies to suggest that it would be fun to get on tv and win stuff... and maybe even listen to the new basketball coach

I have one request: if people are going to make signs, can someone make one that says "Al couldn't make teh juice. ool"? Thanks in advance. :chewbanka
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

BBM...people love it...I want the flight voucher...Maybe if I put a tent on the Dustbowl tonight waiting for the appearance saying it will be awesome and people will join..
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:Maybe if I put a tent on the Dustbowl tonight waiting for the appearance saying it will be awesome and people will join..

I think the more likely outcome is you'll have three BCPD cruisers surround your tent within a half-hour.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

They are apparently trying to keep it underwraps, but there will be some surprise gifts given away. One is an Intel S5000XVNSASR Motherboard (compleye with Dual Socket 771, eATX, PCI Express, Dual Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID, SAS). Another is the Doctor Who - The Key to Time Collection boxset.

Sweet.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:They are apparently trying to keep it underwraps, but there will be some surprise gifts given away. One is an Intel S5000XVNSASR Motherboard (compleye with Dual Socket 771, eATX, PCI Express, Dual Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID, SAS). Another is the Doctor Who - The Key to Time Collection boxset.

Sweet.

I heard they were offering the whole DVD set of Harry Potter including directors commentary and an exclusive Quidditch turorial by Harry himself...Also tickets to the premiere of the 7th movie...Thousands of students are expected
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Eastern Clothing will have a table there too. They are having a clearance sale on mock turtleneck.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:31 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Eastern Clothing will have a table there too. They are having a clearance sale on mock turtleneck.

This makes me sad. Eastern Clothing was such an important part of this university... I view their passing with the same remorse as I did when Jags turned his back on the angry chicken. :angrychicken
Last edited by HJS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:31 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Eastern Clothing will have a table there too. They are having a clearance sale on mock turtleneck.

This is a huge question...will they now adopt Donahue? Or is Al to much of a legend for Eastern clothing to have another pitchman in the next 10 years?
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 pm

This is a huge question...will they now adopt Donahue? Or is Al to much of a legend for Eastern clothing to have another pitchman in the next 10 years?

I got a discount for being a "BC Guy" when I bought a suit in there last summer. Who says Al didn't do anything for the BC community?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I view their passing with the same remorse as I did when Jags turned his back on the angry chicken. :angrychicken

Damn snake oil salesman!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

I will give my I-PADs to the first 200 kids there with their faces painted like mine.

Disclaimer: I have no Ipads so there is no "my ipads" to distribute, unless you want a box of playtex, they have wings .
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum