Not A Good Look

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

How Many Players Do You See Transferring?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 pm

45%
35%
5%
The Whole Team
15%

Total votes : 20

Not A Good Look

Postby InTheKnow on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 pm

There are already rumors of Reggie Jackson possibly leaving but who else do you guys think will leave
InTheKnow
n00b

Re: Not A Good Look

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 pm

InTheKnow {l Wrote}:There are already rumors of Reggie Jackson possibly leaving but who else do you guys think will leave

This is in direct opposition to the statement in the Herald last week that he was staying no matter what.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm

:74 to most of these bong smoking fat ass bitches!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 pm

I can't see any of the seniors leaving. Not to many teams are going to waste time with a senior transfer anyway and I can't imagine anyone would want any of them with the exception of Trapani and maybe Raji as a role player off the bench. Trapani already transfered once and won't do it again.

I think Elmore and Jackson would be nuts to leave now. They could both do very well in a motion offense. Ravenel I think is the most likely to leave. Motion offense may not be for him since he has what doctors call a little "weight problem"

The incoming freshman who knows. I really don't care about Ndao since he sounds like a project. And all of the guys that will be sophmores this year.....oh wait...never mind.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Fat Ravenel and Papa are really the two most likely candidates...Art Vandelay's analysis is right on.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm

I care if the following leave:
1. Jackson

Otherwise, I don't care.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:Fat Ravenel and Papa are really the two most likely candidates...Art Vandelay's analysis is right on.

If you think Ravenel wouldn't succeed in a motion offense, you are an idiot. The motion offense needs a post player with some semblance of a low post game. Foote made Cornell's offense with the inside-out passing. Ravenel's the only candidate. Otherwise, they will be running it through Sanders in the post.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I care if the following leave:
1. Jackson

Otherwise, I don't care.

I'd like to see Elmore stick around, but you are right...Jackson is the only one I'd be really dissapointed about.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:Fat Ravenel and Papa are really the two most likely candidates...Art Vandelay's analysis is right on.

If you think Ravenel wouldn't succeed in a motion offense, you are an idiot. The motion offense needs a post player with some semblance of a low post game. Foote made Cornell's offense with the inside-out passing. Ravenel's the only candidate. Otherwise, they will be running it through Sanders in the post.

Just because Foote was capable of playing that role doesn't mean that Ravenel would be. While he may be the best candidate currently on the roster, have you seen anything that really says he'll put in the work that a coach not named Al Skinner is likely to require from his players? Beside the fact that I didn't say he'd succeed, I said he's most likely to transfer.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 pm

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Just because Foote was capable of playing that role doesn't mean that Ravenel would be. While he may be the best candidate currently on the roster, have you seen anything that really says he'll put in the work that a coach not named Al Skinner is likely to require from his players? Beside the fact that I didn't say he'd succeed, I said he's most likely to transfer.

I think it is highly unlikely you will see any transfers. Were there any sophomores on this team, maybe. The 2 incoming freshmen may decommit, but there is little chance of Ravenel or anyone else transferring. Maybe Jackson.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think it is highly unlikely you will see any transfers. Were there any sophomores on this team, maybe. The 2 incoming freshmen may decommit, but there is little chance of Ravenel or anyone else transferring. Maybe Jackson.

Could this post be any more all over the place?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Its pretty fucking clear. But since you and your buddy commave need to keep track so that the rest of the board can make fun of you in their signatures, let me make this clear:

I find it highly unlikely that there will be any transfers at all. Jackson, not Ravenel (the person being discussed) is the most likely candidate, if any. But I find that highly unlikely.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I know life is good when OJ can't even follow my posts in order to criticize them.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby joemack13 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:46 pm

I'm convinced OJ is wasted 24/7
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I like how anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Even the post player in a motion offense needs to make a lot of cuts and go from block to block as the ball moves around. Ravenel was in terrible shape this year and after two offensive sets I think he would be sucking wind. The flex was more suited to him because there was a lot more standing around. I'm not saying he is transferring, just that he is the most likely in my opinion.

And by the way considering the way Sanders shot the ball this past year the post might be just the place for him.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby thebs19 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Ravenal may not have been in good shape, but he showed enough to know that he's by far the most athletic of the big 3 we have. So even if he was only capable of playing 20, 25 minutes a night, he'd definitely be the most useful big we have in the motion sets right now. Don't see how Donahue even lets Southern see the court next year. Probably go small when Ravenal is out (assuming he stays).
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Art Vandelay on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:Ravenal may not have been in good shape, but he showed enough to know that he's by far the most athletic of the big 3 we have. So even if he was only capable of playing 20, 25 minutes a night, he'd definitely be the most useful big we have in the motion sets right now. Don't see how Donahue even lets Southern see the court next year. Probably go small when Ravenal is out (assuming he stays).

Saying he is the most effective big man we have is like saying he is the tallest midget.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I like how anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Even the post player in a motion offense needs to make a lot of cuts and go from block to block as the ball moves around. Ravenel was in terrible shape this year and after two offensive sets I think he would be sucking wind. The flex was more suited to him because there was a lot more standing around. I'm not saying he is transferring, just that he is the most likely in my opinion.

And by the way considering the way Sanders shot the ball this past year the post might be just the place for him.

Ignoring the fact that the flex has more cuts than just about any offense, especially for post players, for a moment, the idiot comment was not for the comment on Ravenel transferring, but the implication that the motion offense would be the reason for it. He may not be a great post player, but he is the best they have.

In the land of the blind, the fat post player with skills is king.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:27 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I know, what a jerk. He predicted that Reggie Jackson would transfer. Did you see Reggie Jackson's quotes in the paper today?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 am

talon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I know, what a jerk. He predicted that Reggie Jackson would transfer. Did you see Reggie Jackson's quotes in the paper today?

Just to be clear, I didn't predict that he would transfer. I predicted that if anyone transferred, Jackson would be the one (or one of the ones)
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:46 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i think talon recognized that, he was just furthering his "oj makes fun of people that predict stuff that winds up being false in the end; all the while never predicting anything himself" agenda

actually, this time I was making fun of OJ's desperation to find contradictory statements in a post that didn't contain any contradictory statements.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:46 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Just to be clear, I didn't predict that he would transfer. I predicted that if anyone transferred, Jackson would be the one (or one of the ones)

i think talon recognized that, he was just furthering his "oj makes fun of people that predict stuff that winds up being false in the end; all the while never predicting anything himself" agenda

I am aware. I just wanted to clarify the statement for OJ since he didn't understand it. I want the correct point in commave's sig.

Sad part about these clowns is that if Reggie Jackson transfers, they will be elated because it means somebody was wrong. Like when they root for Tuggle and Haden and Sanders and Southern to fail.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sad part about these clowns is that if Reggie Jackson transfers, they will be elated because it means somebody was wrong. Like when they root for Tuggle and Haden and Sanders and Southern to fail.

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 am

no one is leaving
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sad part about these clowns is that if Reggie Jackson transfers, they will be elated because it means somebody was wrong. Like when they root for Tuggle and Haden and Sanders and Southern to fail.

I can't think of anyone that wants BC players to fail. I dislike Sanders and get pissed off at him when he chucks 25' bricks and then walks back on D, but by no means do I want him to keep chucking bricks, or keep chucking at all for that matter.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 am

That would be everyone's logical candidate and I thought about him when I was writing, but I doubt he roots for BC players failing.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:14 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:That would be everyone's logical candidate and I thought about him when I was writing, but I doubt he roots for BC players failing.

Fixed
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:That would be everyone's logical candidate and I thought about him when I was writing, but I doubt he roots for BC players failing.

Haha..good one.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:22 am

OJ absolutely took pleasure in Tuggle losing the starting job.
OJ absolutely takes pleasure every time Southern has a poor game.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:54 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I can't think of anyone that wants BC players to fail. I dislike Sanders and get pissed off at him when he chucks 25' bricks and then walks back on D, but by no means do I want him to keep chucking bricks, or keep chucking at all for that matter.

I was referring to OJ and my shadow.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum