Coen or Cooley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What do you prefer

Bill Coen
19%
Ed Cooley
22%
None of the above... I will not following BC Basketball until the new coach can replicate Cornell's tourney success.
59%

Total votes : 27

Re: Coen or Cooley

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Is someone keeping count? That is something like a dozen posts... in this thread... and no response to TRE's question. This is quite peculiar since he has already stated that he wanted Pearl... then Coen and had zero interest in Cooley and even less than Donahue.

What a fucking pussy! But, what is the term would you give OJ's handmaiden? Because this MilitantFool has to be given a new term... how about scrush2?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

don't forget about his Falcons prediction. It's never too stale to make fun of that Falcons prediction.

Yeah, because your OJ racist jokes aren't stale...

You seriously have a NFL playoff prediction quote in your signature. it's APRIL. You don't find that the LEAST bit pathetic?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

don't forget about his Falcons prediction. It's never too stale to make fun of that Falcons prediction.

Yeah, because your OJ racist jokes aren't stale...

You seriously have a NFL playoff prediction quote in your signature. You don't find that the LEAST bit pathetic?

At first yes. But once I knew it bothered people, I wanted to keep it. Obviously if I wanted to change it, I would have in August, but it's enjoyable to see how much it annoys you.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:HJS - you never answered my questions either. In another thread I asked how much basketball do you watch including, but not limited to BC, Richmond, Cornell, Robert Morris, URI, and Dayton?

I also asked whether you wanted an extended national search or to lock down Donahue as soon as possible so he's not left hanging?

And many people have asked what you would do if Donahue were hired? You pretty much guaranteed one of the following: Coen, Cooley, Duquette, O'Shea, or Lappas.

The first question is ridiculous and sounds like the hockey geeks who think you can't have an opinion unless you watch a team a bazillion times (or at least when they run out of arguments). That said, I have seem quite a few A-10 and CAA games. I confess that it is impossible to see Cornell or Robert Morris. And I agree with most of HJS' opinions on the respective coaches.

He already said what he would say if Donohue would be hired. He would be excited that a decent coach was hired despite a sham of a search. I am inclined to believe that the search was a sham because Donohue impressed, but either way, it was a sham.

of course you are, HJS, Jr. Because unless Pearl was hired, it was a sham to you and your buddy HJS. Of course you both thought that Pearl would never be contacted, and then when he was, you downplayed that, too. Now we are about to hire a damn good coach by all accounts, and its due to pure luck of course. Its actually very comical how predictable you both are.

Well you've got to remember if it was up to him Skinner and Sanders would be here for life.

Say something stupid long enough, sooner or later it might be real!

Try for a Jets Super Bowl win.

Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

Oops.

Your number one skill is transcribing my Internet posts.

I could use a new secretary, come to think of it....
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:HJS - you never answered my questions either. In another thread I asked how much basketball do you watch including, but not limited to BC, Richmond, Cornell, Robert Morris, URI, and Dayton?

I also asked whether you wanted an extended national search or to lock down Donahue as soon as possible so he's not left hanging?

And many people have asked what you would do if Donahue were hired? You pretty much guaranteed one of the following: Coen, Cooley, Duquette, O'Shea, or Lappas.

The first question is ridiculous and sounds like the hockey geeks who think you can't have an opinion unless you watch a team a bazillion times (or at least when they run out of arguments). That said, I have seem quite a few A-10 and CAA games. I confess that it is impossible to see Cornell or Robert Morris. And I agree with most of HJS' opinions on the respective coaches.

He already said what he would say if Donohue would be hired. He would be excited that a decent coach was hired despite a sham of a search. I am inclined to believe that the search was a sham because Donohue impressed, but either way, it was a sham.

of course you are, HJS, Jr. Because unless Pearl was hired, it was a sham to you and your buddy HJS. Of course you both thought that Pearl would never be contacted, and then when he was, you downplayed that, too. Now we are about to hire a damn good coach by all accounts, and its due to pure luck of course. Its actually very comical how predictable you both are.

Well you've got to remember if it was up to him Skinner and Sanders would be here for life.

Say something stupid long enough, sooner or later it might be real!

Try for a Jets Super Bowl win.

Yeah, like you saying Duke wouldn't win the ACC tourney or make it past the Sweet 16.

Oops.

Your number one skill is transcribing my Internet posts.

I could use a new secretary, come to think of it....

So could I. How many times have you talked about the Jets in reference to me in your posts?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Is someone keeping count? That is something like a dozen posts... in this thread... and no response to TRE's question. This is quite peculiar since he has already stated that he wanted Pearl... then Coen and had zero interest in Cooley and even less than Donahue.

What a fucking pussy! But, what is the term would you give OJ's handmaiden? Because this MilitantFool has to be given a new term... how about scrush2?

please point to the post where I said I have no interest in Donahue or Cooley. Oops, you can't - because it was MooneyI said I didn't have any interest in.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Was the UNC coaching search a sham because they went after Roy Williams right away? Kansas going after Bill Self? ADs almost always have somebody in mind. They should have a list ready to go at all times.

I agree that old people suck. Especially since you are five years my senior. Subjective and opinionated third tier lawyers suck. Stop projecting your life's failures onto Gene. The man is far from perfect, but Donahue would be a great hire.

Please tell me you are joking.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Was the UNC coaching search a sham because they went after Roy Williams right away? Kansas going after Bill Self? ADs almost always have somebody in mind. They should have a list ready to go at all times.

I agree that old people suck. Especially since you are five years my senior. Subjective and opinionated third tier lawyers suck. Stop projecting your life's failures onto Gene. The man is far from perfect, but Donahue would be a great hire.

Why? Because Roy Williams and Bill Self were successful at BCS programs? For what BC can get, Donahue is a pretty good heavy favorite.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Was the UNC coaching search a sham because they went after Roy Williams right away? Kansas going after Bill Self? ADs almost always have somebody in mind. They should have a list ready to go at all times.

Oh my God... you just equated Roy Williams and Bill Self to Ed Cooley and Bill Coen. Holy shit... you just compared Kansas and Illinois to Fairfield and Northeastern. BTW... you are Class of 2000???? No fucking way! I thought vellnueve graduated after that. Whatever, scrush2... keep fluffing OJ. That is going to serve you well at the rest stops.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:20 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Why? Because Roy Williams and Bill Self were successful at BCS programs? For what BC can get, Donahue is a pretty good heavy favorite.

No, because those searches weren't shams. UNC was Williams' dream job and Kansas was Self's dream job. Also, those are two of the most prominent programs in the country and comparing them to BC's search is laughable. I don't think anyone is disputing that Donahue could be a very good coach at BC. The whole search has been a joke, the way the last two football coaching searches have been. This was a program changing hire, why not get the best, most proven coach instead of taking a chance on a guy? I am not saying he won't work out but I would reduce the probability of hiring a flop as best as I could. Mean Gene did not do that.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Mods please change the subject of this thread to

"Epic Hoops Slapfight: Choose Your Side"

P.S. I choose Dan over Dave and Tastes Great over Less Filling.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Was the UNC coaching search a sham because they went after Roy Williams right away? Kansas going after Bill Self? ADs almost always have somebody in mind. They should have a list ready to go at all times.

Oh my God... you just equated Roy Williams and Bill Self to Ed Cooley and Bill Coen. Holy shit... you just compared Kansas and Illinois to Fairfield and Northeastern. BTW... you are Class of 2000???? No fucking way! I thought vellnueve graduated after that. Whatever, scrush2... keep fluffing OJ. That is going to serve you well at the rest stops.

Nice try. I am equating Donahue (pretty much the best BC can get) to Self and Williams (the best those schools could get). It is my opinion, and I could be wrong, that the Coen and Cooley interviews were pretty much favors. If they actually hire one of those two guys, I will say "You were right!" a hundred times.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:22 pm

This thread is fucking hilarious.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Is someone keeping count? That is something like a dozen posts... in this thread... and no response to TRE's question. This is quite peculiar since he has already stated that he wanted Pearl... then Coen and had zero interest in Cooley and even less than Donahue.

please point to the post where I said I have no interest in Donahue or Cooley. Oops, you can't - because it was MooneyI said I didn't have any interest in.

I have it all the links to back up everything... just waiting for the answer to TRE's retardedly stupid question. Maybe, you could promise Militant a reach-around and he'll respond for you.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

No, because those searches weren't shams. UNC was Williams' dream job and Kansas was Self's dream job. Also, those are two of the most prominent programs in the country and comparing them to BC's search is laughable. I don't think anyone is disputing that Donahue could be a very good coach at BC. The whole search has been a joke, the way the last two football coaching searches have been. This was a program changing hire, why not get the best, most proven coach instead of taking a chance on a guy? I am not saying he won't work out but I would reduce the probability of hiring a flop as best as I could. Mean Gene did not do that.

I actually like Donohue. Maybe it's battered fan syndrome, and the mere fact that his hiring will mean no Coen or Cooley, but I am on board.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Nice try. I am equating Donahue (pretty much the best BC can get) to Self and Williams (the best those schools could get). It is my opinion, and I could be wrong, that the Coen and Cooley interviews were pretty much favors. If they actually hire one of those two guys, I will say "You were right!" a hundred times.

Come on Militant, they can do better than Donahue. You know that as does everyone else. Just like they could have done better than Jags and then Spaz. Gene is a pussy.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Donahue (pretty much the best BC can get)

to clarify:

is Donahue the best BC can get?

or is Donahue the best BC can get with DeFilippo in charge?

I need to know this before giving your post a thumbs up or thumbs down vote.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually like Donohue. Maybe it's battered fan syndrome, and the mere fact that his hiring will mean no Coen or Cooley, but I am on board.

If you like him, you should try getting his name right at least once. It's Donahue.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I actually like Donohue. Maybe it's battered fan syndrome, and the mere fact that his hiring will mean no Coen or Cooley, but I am on board.

I will be 100% on board with Donahue if and when he is hired, however, he is not the best coach BC can get at this point in time.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually like Donohue. Maybe it's battered fan syndrome, and the mere fact that his hiring will mean no Coen or Cooley, but I am on board.

If you like him, you should try getting his name right at least once. It's Donahue.

That's why I need commave to be my secretary. Fucking typing police.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I know CAG needs the money. Those poor, poor, underpriveleged BC students...

Normally I'm not the the typo police, but it's not a "typo" when you spell it wrong over and over again. Seeing as how he is going to be our coach soon, I didn't want him reading the board and leaving in a hissy because the fans don't know his name. Which would leave us with a wealth of other options.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:32 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Donahue (pretty much the best BC can get)

to clarify:

is Donahue the best BC can get?

or is Donahue the best BC can get with DeFilippo in charge?

I need to know this before giving your post a thumbs up or thumbs down vote.

I said Donahue is pretty much the best BC can get. To say it another way, I did not watch Robert Morris, Cornell (except for Temple game), Richmond, Dayton, URI too closely, but none of these other candidates seem to be any better than Donahue. He turned Cornell around, won the Ivy three times in a row, and made it to the Sweet 16 by beating his mentor and Wisconsin. And he almost beat Kansas with non-scholarship players! It is tough to say any of those other coaches have a better resume. I don't care if Jesus was our AD, we would not get Pearl or Stevens.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:32 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Normally I'm not the the typo police, but it's not a "typo" when you spell it wrong over and over again. Seeing as how he is going to be our coach soon, I didn't want him reading the board and leaving in a hissy when the fans don't know his name.

Fair enough.

It's not a typo, is some subliminal retardedness. If I bothered to reread, I would know I was spelling it incorrectly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Normally I'm not the the typo police, but it's not a "typo" when you spell it wrong over and over again. Seeing as how he is going to be our coach soon, I didn't want him reading the board and leaving in a hissy when the fans don't know his name.

Fair enough.

It's not a typo, is some subliminal retardedness. If I bothered to reread, I would know I was spelling it incorrectly.

Let's get back to the important issue...calling out OJ for a total OJ-esque move and shitting on people for past wrong predictions.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Many of you people need a new hobby.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I live in NYC and barely watched BC this year .

just wanted to point this out again
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Irony is fucking awesome.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Irony is fucking awesome.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I will be 100% on board with Donahue if and when he is hired, however, he is not the best coach BC can get at this point in time.

Forgive me for not going back to find out where you stated it before, but who, in your realistic opinion, is the best coach BC can get at this point in time? I'm not being a dick. I want BC to get the best available coach. Please do not include Knight or Richardson. Or Pearl. Or Pat Riley.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Nope. OJ still hasn't answered the question.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum